Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

MIX EMERGENCY 2.4 PUBLIC BETA FINALLY AVAILABLE NOW FOR SERATO DJ & SL

Asu 1:39 PM - 17 December, 2013
For all users of version 2.0,you can test using Serato DJ and report any bugs.

this is good news for those of use who switched to Serato DJ.

NO HACKS NEEDED!!!

The link is for Mac Osx.

www.inklen.com
DJ Padida 2:28 PM - 17 December, 2013
Aww yeeh finally something legit.
Asu 2:42 PM - 17 December, 2013
yes sir,it's all coming full circle bro :-)
Asu 2:43 PM - 17 December, 2013
2.4 beta works with both SL & SDJ
phatbob 3:14 PM - 17 December, 2013
And at this point I suggest we all tip our hats in the direction of Serato HQ.

Thank you, Serato team, for making this happen.

(The mad props to Nick @ Inklen go without saying).
Robb Royale 3:38 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:

+1
slimmjimm 5:27 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:

My future upgrade of equipment is definately a priority now because of this. Thanks Serato!!!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:39 PM - 17 December, 2013
Working great with my Mixdeck Quad, only wish they could of worked out a view. I really dislike having ME covering things up........ Maybe in the future I guess.
dj jamalot 5:49 PM - 17 December, 2013
once you click on your library it goes away but i agree would be cool to have it's own view... i'm glad i bought it when it went on sale earlier this year nice lil present for me now i don't have to use Serato dj 1.3 and can use 1.5 now...
popnwave 5:57 PM - 17 December, 2013
Yay!
djcrap 6:57 PM - 17 December, 2013
i love you Serato headquarters nm!!!!!!!

am almost in tears of joy

thank you serato and inklen
Asu 7:02 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
i love you Serato headquarters nm!!!!!!!

am almost in tears of joy

thank you serato and inklen

+1 gotta respect Serato
Asu 7:03 PM - 17 December, 2013
and 1.6 BETA is out too i believe.so you guys can test the rest of the Rane gear...x-mas came early alright
slimmjimm 8:04 PM - 17 December, 2013
Has anyone tried this with DJ Intro? I was waiting to buy a license because I knew I would be getting a compatible controller, and even though that's going to happen now sooner rather than later, there are a few gigs I have left this year that bringing my Mixtrack Pro would be nice.
Code:E 9:44 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:

+1

Now I think i will be getting a DJM900srt and the DDJsp1
Hitman303 9:50 PM - 17 December, 2013
Thank you Serato & Inklen!!
Rebelguy 10:20 PM - 17 December, 2013
Maybe this was the big update that Sam was talking about. Haha. JK
djkurve 11:08 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:

+100!
Asu 11:26 PM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1

why not a 64 so i can spin with you/switch seamlessly??? lol
dj jamalot 11:32 PM - 17 December, 2013
Hopefully this quiets the $hit talkers bad mouthing our favorite Dj software and the DJ's who compliment their arsenal with the controller of their choosing... I own both and like both...
djkurve 11:54 PM - 17 December, 2013
So I manually midi mapped the crossfader/volume faders on the NS7 II (via ME 2.4.0 beta) and they are real jittery. Am I doing something wrong? Also have a random question. Does anyone know if the NS7 II sends14 bit MIDI messages from the faders?
DJ Padida 1:36 AM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
So I manually midi mapped the crossfader/volume faders on the NS7 II (via ME 2.4.0 beta) and they are real jittery. Am I doing something wrong? Also have a random question. Does anyone know if the NS7 II sends14 bit MIDI messages from the faders?

Same here with the NS7.
djkurve 2:32 AM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Same here with the NS7.

:(
Code:E 2:42 AM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

why not a 64 so i can spin with you/switch seamlessly??? lol

Because I cold never rent out the 64, where i can get the 900 to pay for itself in a year
Asu 5:01 AM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
Hopefully this quiets the $hit talkers bad mouthing our favorite Dj software and the DJ's who compliment their arsenal with the controller of their choosing... I own both and like both...

Exactly my thinking
Asu 5:03 AM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:

you gotta log those bugs with inklen asap so we can get a solid version sooner
Dj Nyce 12:04 PM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
Working great with my Mixdeck Quad, only wish they could of worked out a view. I really dislike having ME covering things up........ Maybe in the future I guess.

currently, i'm using extended horizontal view with ME. i'll probably tweak it over the next coming months.

www.flickr.com
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:40 PM - 18 December, 2013
Nyce, are you using a 15 or 17"?? The space between your effects looks way more open then mine. But yeah That's a nice way to lay it out, gonna give it a try tonight.
dj jamalot 2:23 PM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
Nyce, are you using a 15 or 17"?? The space between your effects looks way more open then mine. But yeah That's a nice way to lay it out, gonna give it a try tonight.

+1 great idea
Dj Nyce 3:55 PM - 18 December, 2013
i'm on a late 2011 17".

if i close the fx tab, it still looks good too.
djcrap 4:02 PM - 18 December, 2013
Has any one noticed how the output screen in me now has big thick black boarders on every video it out puts. I mean the black boarders got thinker

I wish the was a way to choose. 4.3 ratio for the output screen
djnak 8:14 PM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
4.3 ratio for the output screen

why are you playing on a bunch of old tube tv's or like having the a/r of your videos stretched?

turn border fill on, the only way you will have black bars on the sides is if your video files have been sized inproperly
DJ.S 2:21 AM - 19 December, 2013
Yay!!! xmas has come early thank you serato + inklen :)
VJ Justin Allen 2:28 AM - 19 December, 2013
It's very nice to see ME officially supported!
Code:E 8:50 AM - 19 December, 2013
question, is ME really "supported" or just allowed to function. I wonder if there's a licensing fee in there somewhere? I'm fine with just allowed to function, I just wonder whats all really going on in the back rooms.
DJMark 10:07 AM - 19 December, 2013
Nick is obviously no dummy, and especially after all that's gone on I don't think he'd state "official compatibility with Serato DJ" if there was any ambiguity about the situation.

And although this is obviously a big win for Nick/Inklen/ME-using video DJ's, Serato benefits from a reduction in "fear/uncertainty/doubt". Especially when getting a new platform off the ground. Also because Serato DJ's primary competition still offers no support for video and Nick may well have felt pressured to look in that direction if an understanding with Serato didn't happen.

In other words, the Serato DJ universe is healthier and more secure with ME officially in it.
djmt99 4:12 PM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:
Does anyone know if the NS7 II sends14 bit MIDI messages from the faders?

They are indeed 14-bit MIDI messages. Nick explains a workaround here: www.inklen.com

I will probably be trying on the NS7 (og) later on tonight.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:24 PM - 19 December, 2013
I guess this also means all the people on a PC are just outta luck now??

Can't deny this merger has taken pressure off of Serato and the need to update their own plugin.......
Asu 4:34 PM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if the NS7 II sends14 bit MIDI messages from the faders?

They are indeed 14-bit MIDI messages. Nick explains a workaround here: www.inklen.com

I will probably be trying on the NS7 (og) later on tonight.

Thanks bro,was trying to figure out why the fader response was so jittery...
dj-dave-d 5:07 PM - 19 December, 2013
epic! just upgraded from me1 to 2.4 because of this!! :)
skinnyguy 5:51 PM - 19 December, 2013
before support, i could've cared less about getting the new denon 6000 mk2. but now.....
Joshua Carl 5:53 PM - 19 December, 2013
remember guys.... THESE ARE BOTH BETAs

so if your having issues, REPORT THEM!!!

]]]
OOOOOOOOOOOH.... look at Nyce with the 16 count sequencer preset ;-)

the sequencer IS a GAME CHANGER!
Joshua Carl 5:57 PM - 19 December, 2013
Question is.......

who is gonna camp with SSL & ME/SV for another release?

I read the help section of Serato DJ, and I gotta admit, Im scared....
I sort of pride myself on having no crashes that are with my control.
dont want to tarnish that.
Dj Nyce 6:15 PM - 19 December, 2013
Quote:
Question is.......

who is gonna camp with SSL & ME/SV for another release?

I read the help section of Serato DJ, and I gotta admit, Im scared....
I sort of pride myself on having no crashes that are with my control.
dont want to tarnish that.

sequencer is a beast. you can do some crazy effects synced to the beat. people think i did it in after effects.

i was going to ride with sdj, but i used 1.6 last night and there were some showstoppers such as the sp6 output and a problem with looping timecode cd's. i'm sure these will get resolved soon, but for now i'm sticking with ssl until further notice.
ral 7:36 PM - 19 December, 2013
+1

thanks serato / inklen
Code:E 1:35 AM - 20 December, 2013
Quote:
sequencer is a beast. you can do some crazy effects synced to the beat. people think i did it in after effects.

I would love to see you post a video with how you use it. I use it but I don't think I'm getting the full effect out of it i could.
Maskrider 6:11 PM - 21 December, 2013
I wanna see this too….Tracking
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:23 PM - 21 December, 2013
Me 3.

Following.....
Joshua Carl 11:34 PM - 21 December, 2013
We are working on a walk through for Video Report.
Dj Nyce 11:35 PM - 21 December, 2013
I guess I can whip something up real quick. After New Years tho...
Maskrider 3:34 AM - 22 December, 2013
I've been using Me for quite awhile now but haven't gone real fancy with it...So it's definitely a plus if someone would show us how to do it.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:23 AM - 22 December, 2013
Quote:
We are working on a walk through for Video Report.

Quote:
I guess I can whip something up real quick. After New Years tho...

Most appreciated fellas, you 2 and your post have helped me out greatly!!
dj joey shull 1:45 AM - 29 December, 2013
are any of you using me with a ddi sx? can you the line levels to control video? does it need a midi controller? i'm about to upgrade to new me but wanted to check first.
Asu 9:36 AM - 29 December, 2013
Quote:
are any of you using me with a ddi sx? can you the line levels to control video? does it need a midi controller? i'm about to upgrade to new me but wanted to check first.

Yes i was testing 2.4 using DDJ-SX...best way is activate serato video and ME will automatically map the faders using serato videos MIDI signals,then de-activate...you do that once and you're all set for basic mixing...works like a charm
Code:E 10:36 AM - 29 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Yes i was testing 2.4 using DDJ-SX...best way is activate serato video and ME will automatically map the faders using serato videos MIDI signals,then de-activate...you do that once and you're all set for basic mixing...works like a charm

when doing that is serato video not still running in the background?
dj joey shull 5:18 PM - 29 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

you mean on the plug in page in setup, or with the video tab on main screen?
thanks for your help.
Asu 7:17 PM - 29 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

when doing that is serato video not still running in the background?

No you deactivate serato Video in settings,it doesn't run then...this is the easiest way for ME to picup the instruction set of Serato video to faders
Asu 7:21 PM - 29 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you mean on the plug in page in setup, or with the video tab on main screen?
thanks for your help.

do it in settings...if you just use the tab on the GUI then Serato Video still runs in the background...so turn it off in settings and you're all set.

Very compact setup,i love just carrying the controller to mobile gigs,1 usb cable and my Macbook Pro 15" :-)
dj jamalot 1:59 AM - 6 January, 2014
if you use Serato Dj Beta 1.6 it's all done for you no activating and de activating i used it last night on my DDJ SX and it worked flawless.
Asu 12:24 PM - 6 January, 2014
Quote:
if you use Serato Dj Beta 1.6 it's all done for you no activating and de activating i used it last night on my DDJ SX and it worked flawless.

Yes Nick now recommends 1.6 everything is automatic...beware cdj HID users,lots of bugs with 1.6...i didn't see any issues with the DDJ-SX too
Maskrider 1:16 AM - 7 January, 2014
I used it Thursday night…..Flawless…I'm using VCI380
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:23 AM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yes Nick now recommends 1.6 everything is automatic...beware cdj HID users,lots of bugs with 1.6...i didn't see any issues with the DDJ-SX too

So why have you not reported any of these so called bugs???
Asu 1:23 PM - 8 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So why have you not reported any of these so called bugs???

They have been reported on another thread...
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:46 PM - 8 January, 2014
Well how stupid! All issues with 1.6beta MUST be reported in the beta area! By not doing this all is happening is 1.6 will end up buggy because people cant be arsed to do bug reports and in the correct area!

So if anyone has some free time! Please go test the shit out of 1.6beta and Report every single little issue in the beta area! The more people do this the more chances of a stable sdj software release!

I know you all dont have time to test!
Maskrider 5:54 AM - 9 January, 2014
lol…hahahahaahahaha
DJ J.e.t 10:55 AM - 13 October, 2014
ive downloaded from youy link but it needs an authorisation key
Asu 4:31 PM - 13 October, 2014
yes you have to buy it...otherwise it'll stay in demo only mode and shut down after 30 mins