Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

1.6 Public Beta Download?

DJ Nick Scott 2:45 PM - 10 December, 2013
Where will we be able to download this?
djdannyd 3:37 PM - 10 December, 2013
Here: serato.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:37 PM - 10 December, 2013
From Traktor!!! god really need another thread!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 7:22 PM - 10 December, 2013
Hey DJ Nick Scott,

It's not far away - keep an eye on the forums or on our Facebook/Twitter feeds to know when it drops.

Eru
Loominist 10:54 PM - 10 December, 2013
Guys, please... PLEASE! need it!

cant...!
wait...!
WANT!
NOW!!!

sitting here like a 6 year old wayting for chrismas.

please, friday relase? and i mean this friday!! think that´s fair, right?
deejay_3sakti 10:57 PM - 10 December, 2013
sitting next to santa...
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:11 PM - 10 December, 2013
but what is it you NEED so much?
FighteRanger 11:22 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
Guys, please... PLEASE! need it!

cant...!
wait...!
WANT!
NOW!!!

sitting here like a 6 year old wayting for chrismas.

please, friday relase? and i mean this friday!! think that´s fair, right?

You will live!
Loominist 11:33 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
but what is it you NEED so much?

support for SL3...

realy, i think i will explode if it comes out friday...

you hear that, serato?! I will hold my breath until I explode!!

need!
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:49 PM - 10 December, 2013
what in sdj with sl3 is going to make your dj so amazing??? 3more cue points lol or sync?
Loominist 12:00 AM - 11 December, 2013
damm, dont you take the pleasure away from hypeing it?!

dude, this is part of the game...

just 4 fun.

but yea, 3 more cues matters and signable loot points to jump in are HIGHLY missed in SSL! so in fact there are ELEVEN more cues, and that matters.

and professional FXs matters even more!

and whatever, i forgot to mention:

NEED!
WANT!
NOW!!

you said friday, right?
DJ Nick Scott 2:01 AM - 12 December, 2013
Y'all crazy. Thank Eru!
DJ Nick Scott 2:02 AM - 12 December, 2013
*thanks*
DJ TwoCities 5:33 PM - 12 December, 2013
LMAO LOOM is crazy.... crazy funny that is. I am entertained by him and agree FRIDAY (Tomorrow) right Serato????? Can't wait
Jumper4000 5:52 PM - 12 December, 2013
+1 to Friday.

I have a party this Sat and would love to play with 1.6. 1.5 keeps crashing on my Windows 8.
djdannyd 6:39 PM - 12 December, 2013
Today is already Friday in NZ. It is currently 7:39 AM, so I'd say in about an hour or two it will be posted.

PS- Jumper4000, do NOT try a beta version live at gigs.
Jumper4000 6:48 PM - 12 December, 2013
I hope it'll post int he next couple hours...

I'm just spinning at my own house party with 50-60 people, if my guests don't like the beta, they can kiss my butt, lol.
FighteRanger 7:05 PM - 12 December, 2013
lol, it willl be posted next thursday

Source: Serato facebook
djdannyd 7:15 PM - 12 December, 2013
^^That hasn't been announced at all
FighteRanger 8:14 PM - 12 December, 2013
Serato said that on their facebook, under someoen else comment about the beta....
Xfade 8:21 PM - 12 December, 2013
Where? Link it, because I can't find it :P
djdannyd 8:25 PM - 12 December, 2013
Quote:
Serato said that on their facebook, under someoen else comment about the beta....

yes but definately NOT an exact date
sinesthetix 5:14 AM - 13 December, 2013
Jumper4000,its beta software which means that its quite possible that your friends will hate the sound of serato dj if it crashes while you're using it with your sl3. I'm excited to try it out as well, but there's no way in hell I'm playing out with it the week it comes out!
DJ Boom Bap 6:18 AM - 13 December, 2013
Quote:
Jumper4000,its beta software which means that its quite possible that your friends will hate the sound of serato dj if it crashes while you're using it with your sl3. I'm excited to try it out as well, but there's no way in hell I'm playing out with it the week it comes out!
FighteRanger 6:32 AM - 13 December, 2013
Quote:

+1

I can already see, people going start storming in complaining, thinking this was a full final release....
sinesthetix 8:10 AM - 13 December, 2013
I'm just going to get this out of the way before someone inevitably
Quote:
Quote:

+1

I can already see, people going start storming in complaining, thinking this was a full final release....

Agreed. I feel a preemptive facepalm is in order:

images4.wikia.nocookie.net
Jumper4000 6:53 PM - 13 December, 2013
Well, I'm using the existing version on Windows 8 with a new NS7 II controller, so it's not reliable at all anyway. It constantly crashes. I can't imagine the beta being any worse. My friends will have to deal with it. Maybe I'll have a CD player ready as backup.
938MyDJ 7:21 PM - 13 December, 2013
Don't mean to argue, but you might want to test that "beast" (NS7 II) with a Mac.

I might get one too eventually.

Cheers!
sinesthetix 7:30 PM - 13 December, 2013
And I know it's been said already but removing corrupted files is really really important
DJ TwoCities 7:31 PM - 13 December, 2013
Well a mac isn't what is needed at this point, but Windows 7 which is currently supported. By using an unsupported OS bugs that cause crashes and registry errors that have yet to be addressed cause your problems. I had Windows 8 but when i saw that it was not supported I went back to windows 7. I think Serato will at some time in the future support Windows 8. If you are willing to roll back your OS to Win 7, I think your party should go well.
938MyDJ 7:35 PM - 13 December, 2013
+1

and

+1

on both above.
DJ TwoCities 7:41 PM - 13 December, 2013
@ 938MyDJ "Thumbs Up"
DJ TwoCities 7:48 PM - 13 December, 2013
I had a corrupt file issue and it effected my entire library... Even my wl files started to lose sync. I tried everything I could think of to solve the issue, but I ended up deleting my entire library and starting over again. I'm still not back to half of my files, but I have no issues with any of my files any longer. A few files effected more and more... so I agree if you have any corrupt files no matter what it says the issue is delete the file from your hdd and not just the library.
938MyDJ 7:51 PM - 13 December, 2013
Hey, TwoCities...

Heat is up on the wait for this 1.6 beta, huh?

I already have 1.5 running well on my NS6 (might upgrade to NS7 II - soon).

But it's my Pioneer with SL4 and Denon with SL3 that gets me excited to test.
DJ TwoCities 8:06 PM - 13 December, 2013
Yeah I'm using a cheap Numark Mix Track Pro with LPD8 external usb hdd (to switch between activated computers) but thinking of getting a DDJ SX or NS7 II and moving towards a DVS setup... DJ has gotten better and better with each update so I can't wait to get my hands on the 1.6 and I know it's just a beta but if it's stable enough with my current controller I'll be over joyed lol. They need to release it now.... can you hear us Serato???? release it now LOL
sinesthetix 8:14 PM - 13 December, 2013
Agreed, Windows 7 is the wtg
dj_soo 9:52 PM - 13 December, 2013
Quote:
damm, dont you take the pleasure away from hypeing it?!

dude, this is part of the game...

just 4 fun.

but yea, 3 more cues matters and signable loot points to jump in are HIGHLY missed in SSL! so in fact there are ELEVEN more cues, and that matters.

and professional FXs matters even more!

and whatever, i forgot to mention:

NEED!
WANT!
NOW!!

you said friday, right?

You can jump to loop points in scratch live
Marv Incredible 1:55 AM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
You can jump to loop points in scratch live

Yeah but (unless there's been an update I missed), you can only access it via keyboard shortcut. Can't midi map the function either. And, if I remember rightly, you could only scroll through which loop you wanted to select and not just jump from say, loop 1 to loop 8.

Jump to Loop was a slept-on feature in Serato. Could never use it to its potential. Glad to see it works finally in DJ. And yeah, it's like having another 8 cue points. BIG.
Marv Incredible 1:56 AM - 14 December, 2013
oops. Meant to say Scratch Live, not Serato.
Loominist 2:42 PM - 14 December, 2013
Quote:
Yeah but (unless there's been an update I missed), you can only access it via keyboard shortcut. Can't midi map the function either. And, if I remember rightly, you could only scroll through which loop you wanted to select and not just jump from say, loop 1 to loop 8.

Jump to Loop was a slept-on feature in Serato. Could never use it to its potential. Glad to see it works finally in DJ. And yeah, it's like having another 8 cue points. BIG.

thats what i meant with "assignable". without MIDI acces, its useless. dont want to mess around with keyboard.

dont get me wrong, SSL is great (with or without DVS). but SDJ is waaaaay more comfortable (beatgrid, more cues, loop fast acces etc).

just have the impression SDJ is far more up-2-date ,without even testing it yet! it feels more professional, and the FX upgrade was realy necessary.

friday is gone btw, Serato!

NEED!
WANT!
PLZ!!!
DJ Nick Scott 3:22 PM - 14 December, 2013
I just excited to use my SixtyOne with it... I've never used SDJ before but I've been on SSL for years. Looking forward to giving SDJ a whirl.
Justiy 12:52 PM - 16 December, 2013
I just want to give my V7 a try.
I've been on traktor for ages and can't wait for this to be supported so i can start getting jiggy again.
DJ Baby Raj 8:52 PM - 16 December, 2013
If its a beta, release it to the public now!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:51 AM - 17 December, 2013
Okay.

serato.com
DJ TwoCities 2:18 AM - 17 December, 2013
Yeahhhhhhh dl it now lol THANK YOU Logan D you're the best!!!!
DJ Baby Raj 2:22 AM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
Okay.

serato.com

YESSSSS
FighteRanger 2:32 AM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
Okay.

serato.com

Logan brain was like - "Lets just drop this ish, forget later this week!" Lol
DJ TwoCities 2:33 AM - 17 December, 2013
Everyone's been asking for Quantize.... well it arrived with 1.6 yeahhhhhhh so far 1.6 is the isssshhhhhh now I have to wait to February for the official release... but until then I get to play with 1.6
938MyDJ 5:23 AM - 17 December, 2013
Oh yeah!

I wonder if any of these new features were assigned to the unused buttons of the CDJ2000Nexus?

It's almost bedtime and it's too late for me to test it now... I downloaded and installed only.

Will do the test tomorrow after work.

This is what I call... Merry Christmas!

Ho ho ho!
Ragman 5:41 AM - 17 December, 2013
Whoo Hoo !!! That's what I'm talking about. Time to pull the V7s from the garage and dust'em off. ;-)
DJ TwoCities 5:42 AM - 17 December, 2013
This is what I call... Merry Christmas!

Ho ho ho!

"Thumbs Up"
DJ Nick Scott 4:45 PM - 17 December, 2013
Damn... I need to start threads more often. ;-)
Loominist 8:12 PM - 17 December, 2013
ITS HERE!

and its awesome! and stable so far. as i predicted some issues with my MIDI controllers, but well, beta.

Thank you guys so much! sth 2 play around while its cold out.
djsnear 9:25 PM - 13 February, 2014
why cant I download the beta?
FighteRanger 9:32 PM - 13 February, 2014
DJ TwoCities 4:08 AM - 14 February, 2014
Beta period over... just download the official release. I'm sure any issues reported during the public beta period have been addressed in this release.
djsnear 7:27 AM - 14 February, 2014
Thanks guys , sorry I thought the beta was for Windows 8 users as I can get scratch live to work but not serato dj .

Cheers !
DJ TwoCities 8:41 PM - 14 February, 2014
Read through the forum some have posted what they did to get DJ o work with Windows 8, It's not supported as of yet but I'm sure they will in the near future.