Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

When is the Serato DJ Gonna be ready for us V7 users It's Dec?

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark V7
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Ronsupreme 4:14 PM - 9 December, 2013
When is the serato dj gonna be ready for our V7 users?

DJ T Nutz 7:43 PM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
Dj MacMillz 11:28 PM - 9 December, 2013
Public beta 1.6 is set to be released anyday now, but the full release won't be until official 1.6 in Feb of next year, so why the rush? I understand you want to test out for your controller, and it has been delayed 2 times...... remember this is only the beta, and still wouldn't be recommended to be used live.
Ronsupreme 11:46 PM - 9 December, 2013
Well the rush is it seem the company is dedicating a lot of time on new controllers, and not much is going into the old stuff.
Dj MacMillz 11:52 PM - 9 December, 2013
Understood.
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:01 AM - 10 December, 2013
Hi Ronsupreme,

Quote:

This month! The beta for 1.6 is released sometime this month, and will be compatible with the Numark V7, so keep an eye out for updates :)

Regards
Youngtee 6:58 PM - 16 December, 2013
Man I been holding out for this for awhile now can't wait to get this update
mixxinmel 5:40 AM - 17 December, 2013
yeah it has been a while but i understand what they are going through, since the V7's isnt an all in one controller and don't have a mixer so they would have to make midi mapping for the V7's quite different hope they can get it to work with post fader effects but i dont think that will be possible with the software just because it dont have a built in mixer like the NS7 or NS6.. Still i can wait to use it, But Itch has been keeping me rocking in the mean time!!!
Dj MacMillz 5:43 AM - 17 December, 2013
it's out now!!
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:11 PM - 17 December, 2013
V7 support is available now in the Serato DJ 1.6 public beta > serato.com

Please read the rules in the beta area before using :)

Regards
Youngtee 10:30 PM - 17 December, 2013
jammed on it for a few hours just found it buggy when using video and can't use the arrow keys to transition the video fader.

but all in all seems ok will thrash it again tonight
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:31 PM - 17 December, 2013
Keep the feedback and bug reports in the Public Beta area guys, those are the rules :)
Ronsupreme 10:17 PM - 25 December, 2013
Ok so this is a good look, so it safe to say I can download the Serato DJ to my MacBook & My Alienware now? Will I have to pay for this?I also have scratch live SL4 box for my tables.
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:26 PM - 26 December, 2013
You will not need to pay if you are connecting your V7's or SL 4.

Quote:
so it safe to say I can download the Serato DJ to my MacBook & My Alienware now?

Try it out and let us know how you get on, it is only a beta version. Does your Alienware computer have an AMD processor or Intel processor?

Regards
Ronsupreme 11:01 PM - 26 December, 2013
I believe it's an i5. Can the program work on my macbook with 4gb and running 10.6 8
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:11 PM - 26 December, 2013
Yes it is compatible with 10.6.8. Give it a try for yourself :)
Ronsupreme 11:28 PM - 26 December, 2013
Ok so where do I find the beta link?
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:08 AM - 27 December, 2013
Quote:
Ok so where do I find the beta link?

Here > serato.com

Cheers
Ronsupreme 2:35 AM - 27 December, 2013
Thank you. Will keep u in the loop on how it's running.
Youngtee 4:29 AM - 27 December, 2013
Any one having issues I'm finding it pretty sweet just getting used ti the GUI but all in all it seems fine.
mixxinmel 8:18 PM - 27 December, 2013
ok now that ive found somewhere to post this: how come Serato just cant upgrade ITCH software for the Numark V7's i know it cant be that hard to change the gui of the interface to look like Serato Dj?? and also how hard would it be to add the izotope effects packs to work in the existing ITCH Software???? Changing those two things and adding a button like in Serato Dj to play the files in your crates one after another like a jukebox would be nice for down times or just playing music!!!!! I most definatly love the gui look of Serato Dj but im gonna stick with my ITCH for my Setup at the Club at Home im using 2 V7's and experimenting with Serato Dj Beta and i love it but i dont know how stable it is gonna be at the gigs.. so i will wait and keep finding things to report so we can get this right.
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:22 AM - 30 December, 2013
Quote:
ok now that ive found somewhere to post this: how come Serato just cant upgrade ITCH software for the Numark V7's i know it cant be that hard to change the gui of the interface to look like Serato Dj?? and also how hard would it be to add the izotope effects packs to work in the existing ITCH Software???? Changing those two things and adding a button like in Serato Dj to play the files in your crates one after another like a jukebox would be nice for down times or just playing music!!!!! I most definatly love the gui look of Serato Dj but im gonna stick with my ITCH for my Setup at the Club at Home im using 2 V7's and experimenting with Serato Dj Beta and i love it but i dont know how stable it is gonna be at the gigs.. so i will wait and keep finding things to report so we can get this right.

Sorry mixxinmel, this is not going to happen. ITCH is discontinued and will not be receiving any further development.

Quote:
Changing those two things and adding a button like in Serato Dj to play the files in your crates one after another like a jukebox would be nice for down times or just playing music!!!!!

You can do this in ITCH, just set the playing track to "CONT" instead of "SINGLE" (next to the track name/artist etc in the virtual deck and it will continuously play the songs in your playlist.

Regards
DiscoBlake 6:21 PM - 30 December, 2013
I am just as excited about a new midi-mappable software for serato as the next man or (woman.) However I must say that the v7's seem to be particularly difficult for Serato. Numark has created a ONE-OF-A-KIND controller, and it's not a toy. (All in one units are much easier to shoehorn stuff onto.) Just an opinion. I mean not counting my mixing board, (which fu Pioneer for making a Serato 900. I have the 900 Nexus, great mixer...) with just 2 v-7's I am running 2 really great soundcards, could be used for 4 deck control, which I could care less if I have midi. S. DJ would already be out I think for the V-7's if it were not for the link cable. (So what I mean is each deck can control both decks, there a master button on both decks that take over USB priority from another dj, while the last dj's song plays out to give slicker club performances. They also physical switches controlling varying torque on each turntable (which could interfere with deck speed on Serato Dj's 33-45 rpm settings, (I have read about Ns7 woes!) and next to that is a preference switch for which side the deck is actually on. Still my favorite controller. Had them for a little over 2 1/2 years and damn. It doesn't ever seem to be the v7's fault when i have had problems in the past. Running Itch 2.1.0 (most stable in a live setting for my equipment) on a Macbook Pro mid-2010 4gb 1067 ddr3 ram, I-5 2.4ghz Intel, and the latest version of Lion OSX 10.7.5. Scared of Maverick lol. Just wanted to throw some of this stuff out there, maybe shed some light why it's not out yet.
I do not work for Serato, I dunno, could be something stupid like the guy who does v7's Serato DJ updates got sick and preggos before hitting "UPLOAD TO MASSES"
8:05 AM, 14 Jan 2014
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.