Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Sony Vegas Question

dj lad 6:48 PM - 3 January, 2009
Hey Guys,

I've been a Premiere user for about 8 years (I learned on it) and I am starting to use Vegas. I guess my question is about transitions - I've seen a lot of people using a transition that is like a quick cut between two videos. It goes back and forth quickly between the two, often used during a drum break. Do you guys know what I'm talking about? I am trying to find that transition in Vegas. Any ideas?

Thanks!
a-swift 8:09 PM - 3 January, 2009
i always thought people were doing this manually. i mean thats how i do it. now i found out there is a way to do it automatically?!
djpuma_gemini 8:32 PM - 3 January, 2009
I think manually, if there is an automatic, then I waste hours on editing those little parts back and forth.
DJ-Phat-AL 8:55 PM - 3 January, 2009
I do it manually
a-swift 9:29 PM - 3 January, 2009
i mean it's easy enough to do manually. just lay your base track on v1. prepare your flash frame. copy and paste it a bunch of times on v2. space em out. that's it.
eye357 12:59 AM - 4 January, 2009
Manually my friend.
dj lad 3:29 AM - 4 January, 2009
Damn. Someone should program a transition. Hah. You'd think someone would do that.
D-Twizzle 11:39 PM - 4 March, 2009
Quote:
Hey Guys,

I've been a Premiere user for about 8 years (I learned on it) and I am starting to use Vegas. I guess my question is about transitions - I've seen a lot of people using a transition that is like a quick cut between two videos. It goes back and forth quickly between the two, often used during a drum break. Do you guys know what I'm talking about? I am trying to find that transition in Vegas. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I don't recommend doing this and exporting to mp4 in vegas. After extensive testing with very fast frame changes (1 or 2 frames), this does not come out right when using the mainconcept avc/aac encoder. This is due to the keyframes and not having an option to change them in Vegas. I now export to uncompressed interlaced (about 8gb) then convert to mp4 using sorenson squeeze 5. Extra work, but fixes the problem.
a-swift 11:54 PM - 4 March, 2009
True that Twizzle. I've experienced various problems with crap encoders too. I now use trusted encoders only. Luckily, you can delete the uncompressed file as soon as you get your mp4 done.