Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Any new PC Video suggestions?

DouggyFresh 11:03 AM - 6 December, 2013
I'm only bringing this up for PC innovators such as myself who have made SV work on PC, I have been using the LAV drivers and such 2 days a week, every week now for a few months. Occasionally, I have video resize issues, where the video is no longer centered or sized correctly, but if I disable SV and re-enable it, the problem is fixed.

I have so little issues other than that, I'm wondering if other PC Serato Video users have had this issue, and if you were able to resolve it. I'm not sure if there's just a setting to fix, or if this is something I'll just have to experiment with and try to find a fix... I believe it is an issue when either the codec and/or resolution change, because sometimes it only happens and affects all videos after that one (on the one deck).

I have tried adjusting the media settings (stretch, etc) in the Setup, but it makes no difference.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue.
DJMark 4:12 AM - 7 December, 2013
This looks interesting...

www.tomshardware.com

And **huge**...

And expensive...

But, the way Apple has gone, maybe something like that will be the next laptop I look for.
Code:E 4:27 AM - 7 December, 2013
I think i want one! Maybe instead of the new Retina MBP. And I work at an apple store. Even better they are Canadian! I might have to call them and see if they can make me one with 4 Video outputs so I can do some serious video mapping with Resolume.

Now if only PC's had Syphon (and ME). I would be off apple in an instant.

Maybe a Hackintosh is possible.
DJMark 4:33 AM - 7 December, 2013
Three internal hard drive bays in addition to the blu-ray writer.... *sigh*

But read on in the review, that hardware comes with some complications. Dual combined power supplies for higher-end configurations (!) for one thing...
Code:E 4:53 AM - 7 December, 2013
Ya And its expensive as fuck. I configured what i would want just now and its $8000.