DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Using hot starts with ssl

DJMaverick 7:46 AM - 14 March, 2006
Can you use hot starts with ssl? Actually can you use the players seamless looping function on TT CD players with ssl. Just wanted to know cause I have Denon 3500s and was wondering if that feature still can be used since the effects can't. I also see that SSL doesn't support seamless looping in their software either glad I found that in this forum. Love the SSL though just hope they get the seamless looping and key lock working soon in upcoming updates. Anyways thanks in advance for all your help. Mahalo!!!!! And ALOHA!!!!!!!!!
DJ Unique 8:01 AM - 14 March, 2006
Yes you can use the hot starts.
I use them on my 5000's
DJMaverick 8:08 AM - 14 March, 2006
Well Unique when I use them with my 3500s the seamless loop doesn't sound seamless. It has a click right before looping back the the beginning of the loop. Thats why I asked. Thanks so much for your quick reply. Many thanks, I'll try again.
DJ Angello 2:45 PM - 14 March, 2006
Well if you have ver. 1.5 and you want to loop seemlessly then I suggest for you to use the keyboard shortcuts. Well I put different small colored stickers on my keys so that I know which are which. That way I know which keys are for my left and right decks loop in ant out point. As well as the loop on/off key. Dude you can make and even edit your loops on the fly, without any clicks.
DJMaverick 8:35 AM - 15 March, 2006
Damn maybe I will try out the ver 1.5. You know when they might put out the final updated ver of 1.5?
Alixx J 9:48 PM - 15 March, 2006
i am running SSL 1.4 on some denon 6000s and the looping is totally seamless!
Alixx J 9:49 PM - 15 March, 2006
and also, key lock works on my denons - i got told it would scramble the signal but not on mine :)
djransom 10:01 PM - 15 March, 2006
I'm able to use the seamless looping on my Pio CDJ 800s w/o issue.
DJ Unique 1:43 AM - 16 March, 2006
Alixx J - If you use key lock on your Denons and move the pitch above or below the "zero" position, eventualy it will skip on you. I have tried it on my DN-D9000 & DN-S5000's and it does not work.

Hot starts and looping will work from CD Player.
At least it does for me.

I can also drag-start, brake and reverse.
Alixx J 8:09 PM - 16 March, 2006
haha! yep spoke too soon, just been skipping along to Robin S... Tried the breaks and start ups which is good though.

Not sure if i will stay happy with the Denon's cueing as i do some nights midweek where there is alot of mic work and just dropping tunes in from the start or prime cuts using old denon rackmounts, its only friday and saturday i get into the REAL mixing - thinking about the cdj 1000s but they are damn expensive and then its more gear to take.

Its a shame because on normal cds the denons are perfect for me. decisions....
BUSTAMOVE90210 8:18 PM - 16 March, 2006
i have the cdj 1000s and the seamless looping has a problem looping on ssl also. i've posted on this and the fact that if you have a continuous mix but with the tracks seperated you will experience that one sec click when switching tracks in auto play. when playing line thru using cds of course the 1000s are flawless. definitely needs to be fixed by Serato.
DJ BIS 9:42 PM - 29 April, 2008
Quote:
Well if you have ver. 1.5 and you want to loop seemlessly then I suggest for you to use the keyboard shortcuts. Well I put different small colored stickers on my keys so that I know which are which. That way I know which keys are for my left and right decks loop in ant out point. As well as the loop on/off key. Dude you can make and even edit your loops on the fly, without any clicks.

Angelo, I think you will like this:

scratchlive.net