Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

DDJ-SR Audio doesn't work

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SR
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Gabax 9:00 PM - 2 December, 2013
Every kind of control seems to work properly, but the audio does not.
In fact the audio master bar on the software graphic interface(on the top), doesn't pulse.
I've tried to check up the cables but they are ok.
Consequently,when I play a song the volume leds on the controller doesn't light up.
What should I do?
Please help me ASAP.

Thanks in advance
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:53 PM - 4 December, 2013
Hey Gabax,

Can you try going through this guide: serato.com

Also can you try connecting to a different USB port?

Do you have speakers connected to your controller or do you expect the audio to come out of your laptop speakers?

Sam
Gabax 9:25 PM - 5 December, 2013
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your advice but nothing changed.
When I play a song by windows media player and at the same time I connect the speakers' cables to the controller (not pc speakers but external speakers) , I can hear the volume and I can see the leds flashing. But when I open serato i can hear no sound. I have noticed a strange thing: if I play a song in sampler part (in master channel [M]) audio works with the controller connected. But when i select a different output (for example [1]) audio doesn't work again.
In conclusion I don't undertand where is the bug? either in my pc, or in Serato or in the Controller...

p.s. My pc is an ASUS laptop, quad core (2Ghz), 4GB RAM, 1 years old
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:10 AM - 9 December, 2013
Hey Gabax,

Quote:
When I play a song by windows media player and at the same time I connect the speakers' cables to the controller (not pc speakers but external speakers) , I can hear the volume and I can see the leds flashing. But when I open serato i can hear no sound.

If you are able to do this your OS is using the soundcard. You need to go through these steps so Serato DJ can use the DDJ-SX soundcard: serato.com

On the front of your controller have you got the input select switches set to PC? Do the waveforms on screen show up in colour?

Sam
Gabax 9:57 PM - 13 December, 2013
Hi,
I followed your suggestions but Serato doesn't work all the same and waveforms don't light up.
I tried to use another Dj Software and it works , both pre-listening and master volume (and Master Waveforms show up in colour).
Serato software is messy: i can't select output channels. What should I do? I'd prefer to use the controller whit Serato, not Virtual Dj...
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:14 AM - 17 December, 2013
Quote:
I followed your suggestions but Serato doesn't work all the same and waveforms don't light up.

Can you send me a screenshot of the software when your controller is connected please?
10:13 PM, 19 Dec 2013
Gabax attached a file: screen.PNG
View· Permalink
Serato, Support
Sam GG 12:30 AM - 23 December, 2013
Try updating the firmware on your device also make sure you have the latest drivers as well. You can get both here: pioneerdj.com
Gabax 11:32 AM - 24 December, 2013
Ok, firts i noticed that my firmware wasn't at the last version, so I updated. And I reinstalled the driver asio
But seems serato hate me and it don't work anyway :(
How can I open the MIDI menu? (if it's possible with the ddj-sr)
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:10 PM - 26 December, 2013
Hey Gabax,

I have noticed a couple other users with the same issue,

Could I please have a full list of ALL USB devices that are connected to your machine?

Can you try running Serato DJ with ONLY the DDJ-SR connected?

Sam
Gabax 10:43 PM - 26 December, 2013
port1: DDJ-SR
port2: wireless mouse
port3: MIDI keyboard

tryed to run serato with only the controller connected and don't work. (I also changed the port)
if this can help, I post 2 images
10:44 PM, 26 Dec 2013
Gabax attached a file: screen 1.PNG
View· Permalink
10:44 PM, 26 Dec 2013
Gabax attached a file: Cattura 2.PNG
View· Permalink
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:44 PM - 29 December, 2013
Hey Gabax,

For now keep the other 2 USB devices disconnected while we try to connect the device.

Right click on "My Computer", select Manage, then select device manager. Under USB devices you should find the DDJ-SR. Right click and uninstall the DDJ-SR, then remove the controller.

Now open control panel, programs and features, find and uninstall the DDJ-SR drivers. Also uninstall Serato DJ. Now reboot your machine.

Once your computer is back up and running reinstall Serato DJ, Reinstall the DDJ-SR driver. Now reboot your machine.

Now boot up your machine, connect your controller and try to connect it to the software.

Sam
Gabax 5:49 PM - 10 January, 2014
Tried to do this 2 times but nothing....
Gabax 5:41 PM - 12 January, 2014
The problem is solved!!! i tryed to do the reinstallation for the third time and it works :D
maybe I did somethings wrong when I tried to do it before

Thanks Sam for your patience, and thanks for having helped me :)