DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Good, up to date House / Electro instrumentals to use as a base for mashups?

Zed Ex 1:06 PM - 26 November, 2013
Could do with some suggestions here, trawling through Beatport can be a fairly draining experience!! Talking about instrumental tracks that would work well with 125-130bpm chart music, mainly for using in a mashup with a well know acapella etc? good examples I can think of:

Eric Prydz - Midnight City remix:
Watchwww.youtube.com

Michael Woods - Platinum Chains
Watchwww.youtube.com

Problem is most of this criteria already has vocals on it. So any help appreciated!!
Zed Ex 1:20 PM - 26 November, 2013
Another couple of examples:

My Digital Enemy - Wrong
Watchwww.youtube.com

Knife Party - LRAD
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:11 PM - 26 November, 2013
.......multifacepalm
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:11 PM - 26 November, 2013
You should ask safsdre
the_black_one 4:17 PM - 26 November, 2013
Are you sure your not also looking for a Dj name as well????

Nm nh
Zed Ex 4:36 PM - 26 November, 2013
Its not a DJ Name, but thanks for being so helpful :)
the_black_one 5:07 PM - 26 November, 2013
How about ..... You have a gig coming up and you need some help with what to play?

Nm nh
Zed Ex 5:19 PM - 26 November, 2013
How about.... its slightly easier to ask a forum than it is to spend hours trawling through the internet, especially when time is fairly limited? its a fairly specific request.....
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:24 PM - 26 November, 2013
Quote:
How about.... its slightly easier to ask a forum than it is to spend hours trawling through the internet, especially when time is fairly limited? its a fairly specific request.....

So your times more important than ours?

Of course its easier to get others to do the work for you rather than you do it yourself, but what would you learn
Dj R. Driver 7:32 PM - 26 November, 2013
get em boys lol
Mr. Goodkat 7:34 PM - 26 November, 2013
there maybe only about 100 released each week that could fill your criteria. surely you can find 1-2.
the_black_one 8:10 PM - 26 November, 2013
How about you need help with what type of external drive to buy???

Nm nh
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:32 PM - 26 November, 2013
Should we rate your mix and argue about how awesome of a dj you are?
the_black_one 8:36 PM - 26 November, 2013
Do u use a mac or PC?
Do u use a controller or turntables?

Nm nh
Dj R. Driver 8:47 PM - 26 November, 2013
I think he's at a 3.5. he needs to be at a 10!
Zed Ex 8:52 PM - 26 November, 2013
How is this thread different to this one?

serato.com

Jeez, forget I asked. A lot of slightly misplaced assumptions in the replies.....
Thundercat 11:17 PM - 26 November, 2013
Quote:

Holy Fuck! You mean in this digital age you are too fucking lazy to look for your own damn music? I am sorry but this is un-fucking-acceptable. Not even a "where can I find XYZ instrumental?"

I am beside myself right now. Infuriated at your audacity. Only an absolute imbecile would come to THIS forum...THE SERATO FORUM...and make a this thread. Now I'm not saying you are feeble-minded, but you sure are displaying feeble-minded tendencies...

You might want to try another forum where there aren't many real DJ's. Just sayin'
Dj R. Driver 7:12 AM - 27 November, 2013
um, guess he never has ever been digging. wtf man. remember one Sunday, 6 hrs and buying 2-6 records. yikes.
Zed Ex 7:13 AM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Holy Fuck! You mean in this digital age you are too fucking lazy to look for your own damn music? I am sorry but this is un-fucking-acceptable. Not even a "where can I find XYZ instrumental?"

I am beside myself right now. Infuriated at your audacity. Only an absolute imbecile would come to THIS forum...THE SERATO FORUM...and make a this thread. Now I'm not saying you are feeble-minded, but you sure are displaying feeble-minded tendencies...

You might want to try another forum where there aren't many real DJ's. Just sayin'

Given that I spend around 3 hours a day (on top of a full time job) looking for my own music I would say no, I am not too lazy to look for my own beats. And seeing as I saw several similar threads prior to signing up, I didnt see the harm in asking for some recommendations from a DJ community. So get off your high horse you total chump, before throwing words like 'audacity' around. If a simple thread on a forum bothers you that much, I would say you probably need to speak to someone about some about some unresolved personal issues. Simply not replying would suffice.......
Zed Ex 7:17 AM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
um, guess he never has ever been digging. wtf man. remember one Sunday, 6 hrs and buying 2-6 records. yikes.

And seeing as I started DJing 13 years ago relentlessly chipping through record shops all day, yes, I have done plenty of digging thanks. How is it so hard to understand how someone would go online to seek a few recommendations?
Dj R. Driver 7:20 AM - 27 November, 2013
its cool bro, been djn around the same time. if you read through these forums, you should have been forewarned how some might respond.
Zed Ex 7:36 AM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
its cool bro, been djn around the same time. if you read through these forums, you should have been forewarned how some might respond.

I do remember clicking through a check somewhere on sign up asking to 'be polite' which clearly went out the window here :) fairly familiar with internet forums in general so some of the replies are hardly suprising. Seems to be a baseless assumption here that I am a new DJ that is too lazy to find his own music, which is pretty damn far off the mark
DJ Remix Detroit 12:51 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I do remember clicking through a check somewhere on sign up asking to 'be polite' which clearly went out the window here :) fairly familiar with internet forums in general so some of the replies are hardly suprising. Seems to be a baseless assumption here that I am a new DJ that is too lazy to find his own music, which is pretty damn far off the mark

being polite goes both ways, like it was stated before:
Quote:

Quote:
trawling through Beatport can be a fairly draining experience!!

^^^you have to remember, you are saying this to DJ's who are members of multiple record pools and have to sift through 3-5 record/video pools a month.

So, no one is gonna really take your thread seriously if you are complaining about having to look through beatport (of all places) for music.

around here, you really have to choose your words wisely and think before you post (im speaking from experience also)...lol
Zed Ex 12:55 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

being polite goes both ways, like it was stated before:
Quote:

Quote:
trawling through Beatport can be a fairly draining experience!!

^^^you have to remember, you are saying this to DJ's who are members of multiple record pools and have to sift through 3-5 record/video pools a month.

So, no one is gonna really take your thread seriously if you are complaining about having to look through beatport (of all places) for music.

around here, you really have to choose your words wisely and think before you post (im speaking from experience also)...lol

So it seems! cheers for the heads-up
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:08 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Given that I spend around 3 hours a day (on top of a full time job) looking for my own music I would say no, I am not too lazy to look for my own beats. And seeing as I saw several similar threads prior to signing up, I didnt see the harm in asking for some recommendations from a DJ community. So get off your high horse you total chump, before throwing words like 'audacity' around. If a simple thread on a forum bothers you that much, I would say you probably need to speak to someone about some about some unresolved personal issues. Simply not replying would suffice.......

Somebody call the WAAAAAAAmbulence
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:08 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
How about.... its slightly easier to ask a forum than it is to spend hours trawling through the internet, especially when time is fairly limited? ....
hows that workin out for ya.....you savin any time yet?
Zed Ex 4:54 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Somebody call the WAAAAAAAmbulence

How cutting. I would be shocked if you are over 16 years old
Thundercat 9:29 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
[get off your high horse you total chump, before throwing words like 'audacity' around. If a simple thread on a forum bothers you that much, I would say you probably need to speak to someone about some about some unresolved personal issues. Simply not replying would suffice.......

I......... Can't get off my high horse
And I can't let you go...

I'm not the one who chose to make my first foray into this forum...THE SERATO FORUM...a cry for someone to do your work for you. Now if Beezle had made this thread, or GaFFle, or sixxx or JohnnyM etc we would have made fun of them too for looking for breatport's finest sheep food, but maybe tossed an idea or two out there. But you? What makes you think you have the cachet here that would warrant our unmitigated assistance?

On that note, I haven't linked this in a while: uploads.ungrounded.net
Zed Ex 10:12 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
[get off your high horse you total chump, before throwing words like 'audacity' around. If a simple thread on a forum bothers you that much, I would say you probably need to speak to someone about some about some unresolved personal issues. Simply not replying would suffice.......

I'm not the one who chose to make my first foray into this forum...THE SERATO FORUM...a cry for someone to do your work for you. Now if Beezle had made this thread, or GaFFle, or sixxx or JohnnyM etc we would have made fun of them too for looking for breatport's finest sheep food, but maybe tossed an idea or two out there. But you? What makes you think you have the cachet here that would warrant our unmitigated assistance?

I have a question for you, did you have a vein bulging out of your forehead when you typed that hilariously narcissistic rant? As if having posted on here for longer makes you in some way superior to anyone? I am familiar with a certain degree of snobbery on internet forums, but you sir appear to be in a league of your own. Now do calm down before you have an aneurysm or something. Bless you
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:41 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have a question for you, did you have a vein bulging out of your forehead when you typed that hilariously narcissistic rant? As if having posted on here for longer makes you in some way superior to anyone?

No, but him doin his own work and not begging strangers to do it for him makes him superior to at least one person....
the_black_one 11:18 PM - 27 November, 2013
Oh my ......

Please don't call Barbara ... She is cranky and always forgets to take her meds... Her new thing is " I invented the pause tape" and " I was called grandmaster " next he is going to tell you to loop good times over and over .....

NM NH
DJ Remix Detroit 1:07 AM - 28 November, 2013
Quote:
I am familiar with a certain degree of snobbery on internet forums, but you sir appear to be in a league of your own.

being directed at Bezzle, this is a huuuuuge compliment...lol
Thundercat 1:25 AM - 28 November, 2013
Quote:
I have a question for you, did you have a vein bulging out of your forehead when you typed that hilariously narcissistic rant?

Nope youtu.be

Quote:
Quote:
I am familiar with a certain degree of snobbery on internet forums, but you sir appear to be in a league of your own.

Beez isn't old and cranky like me yet. The smug alert was issued for me :) Big words make him uncomfortable. He used a couple in his latest reply to me which confirms my suspicions. He's a poseur just trying to fit in. "Hey I'll join a DJ forum and ask music questions! That will make them like me!"

Some kids just have to get zapped before they learn not to touch an open socket with a pointy metal object. Telling them isn't enough.
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:25 AM - 28 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Lmfao!! Ya I read it as a personal insult guess theres a new sherrif in town lol ;)
Dj R. Driver 11:14 AM - 3 December, 2013
the two yuths. lol bezzle's avatar lol
Draven1327 5:23 PM - 5 December, 2013
:popcorn:

.......... classic :-)