Demo video?
Dj Ishtar 11:16 PM - 9 December, 2013
Jajajaja mis vidos!!! eso es marketing
WirelessDJ 11:20 PM - 9 December, 2013
Anybody find it in the app store yet?
nik39 11:22 PM - 9 December, 2013
Damned it. Just sold my iPhone :-/
rbe2000 11:23 PM - 9 December, 2013
make Serato work on windows 8.1, here's a tip.. employ someone who can actually code well "serato recommends windows 7" is getting a bit old now ;)
DJ Eazy B 11:24 PM - 9 December, 2013
Might be up in the app store after midnight. I'm in the UK so that's about a 35mins wait for me
marksmax 11:25 PM - 9 December, 2013
No me deja descargar en iphone
djallstyle 11:25 PM - 9 December, 2013
Nice!!
#LetsWork!!
MICAIAH 11:26 PM - 9 December, 2013
it is not available yet! when I clicked on the link it takes you to the IPAD app! also, if you try searching for it in the app store NOTHING comes up!
MICAIAH 11:26 PM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
Anybody find it in the app store yet?

NOPE!
Bulldozer 11:30 PM - 9 December, 2013
Where is it? Is it gonna work in iPhone 4 also?
badassmuthafakka 11:30 PM - 9 December, 2013
@thebigboss@serato you one funny man. Not available in the Dutch iTunes store.

Where is the promised serato dj public beta 1.6? Where is my jetpack? They lied.

Still 21 days to go and I'm counting the days to change my name to DJ PushTheSyncButton so I can do my mixing while throwing both hands up in the air.

You know what? I'm buying my ticket to see a dvd at a live performance of Russel Peters!

Kind regards, DJ (almost)PushTheSyncButton
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:34 PM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
Where is the promised serato dj public beta 1.6? Where is my jetpack? They lied.

It's still December. No lies. You'll be happy really soon :)

You can find it on the Dutch iTunes store here:
itunes.apple.com
DJ Outrageous 11:35 PM - 9 December, 2013
NICE!
badassmuthafakka 11:43 PM - 9 December, 2013
@Samuel S (Jackson?) thanks bradda, I will spread the word!

Looking forward to use the tool and of course serrate dj. I will throw a party once
thebigboss@serato decides to let you release it to the public ;-)

In the meantime happy coding and playing around.

Keep me up to date will you?

Kind regard, DJ (nowmorecertain) PushTheSyncButtonDashWithSeratoMini
RALPH CRUZ 11:44 PM - 9 December, 2013
I haven't found the app yet :( hopefully it be there by midnight eastern time.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:45 PM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
it is not available yet! when I clicked on the link it takes you to the IPAD app! also, if you try searching for it in the app store NOTHING comes up!

Hey everyone, it's taking a little time to filter through the App store.

For US go here: itunes.apple.com

For UK here: itunes.apple.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 11:46 PM - 9 December, 2013
Let me know any other territories that are having trouble.
rlaci 11:58 PM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
make Serato work on windows 8.1, here's a tip.. employ someone who can actually code well "serato recommends windows 7" is getting a bit old now ;)

microsoft should employ somebody who can actually code well :D
Medicine Mike 12:00 AM - 10 December, 2013
I found it on the itunes app store.. just go on itunes
RALPH CRUZ 12:01 AM - 10 December, 2013
Got it!! Remote mini. Now if they can get serato to work with maverick it would be great .
piri aka trackwrecker 12:04 AM - 10 December, 2013
Um, android?
Bulldozer 12:05 AM - 10 December, 2013
Got it! I'm in Mexico and its working on an iPhone 4
RALPH CRUZ 12:08 AM - 10 December, 2013
It works on the iPhone 5.
piri aka trackwrecker 12:11 AM - 10 December, 2013
Also windows 8 support for scratch live would be great-yes I am one of those suckers who dropped $1500 on a 57sl only for serato decide to cease development of it. Burned. Awesome. Might be time to start saving for traktor. My brand new vaio pro will love it.
PopRoXxX 12:12 AM - 10 December, 2013
Dope! Just DL'd it. Can't wait to try it out
badassmuthafakka 12:14 AM - 10 December, 2013
How do I use more than 4 cue points in mini? Limited to 4 as it seems now. Do I need an i(wantnot)Phone 5 to use this?

Where can i find the loop selector? The alt p function (etc) and switching it on/of?

Using TTM57 on the latest SSL.

The SP6 is handy dandy and I would love to see the menus being opened (or option) in SSL automatically once triggered by the remote mini. And how can I switch banks again?
Kalus 12:16 AM - 10 December, 2013
not in german store yet!
dj vegas 12:19 AM - 10 December, 2013
i cant wait to fuck with my friends when they are playing!
dj vegas 12:24 AM - 10 December, 2013
does it wok with no wifi? or is it bluetooth? they dont say?
Captain Crunk 12:27 AM - 10 December, 2013
Just downloaded from the US store.

Going to try it out in a minute! Can't wait.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 12:35 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
not in german store yet!

itunes.apple.com
2EZ 12:55 AM - 10 December, 2013
Is there ever going to be a Serato Remote app for android?
DJ Forge 1:01 AM - 10 December, 2013
I usually don't post my sites in comments, but:

For those of you that wanted to see a video, I posted about it on my site: nerdydj.com
self 1:09 AM - 10 December, 2013
its not in the irish store atm
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 1:13 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
its not in the irish store atm

itunes.apple.com
GODSILLAH7 1:45 AM - 10 December, 2013
Why only apple? I despise apple & would never spend a pennie on any of their products. AlthouGh a lot of clowns, I mean clones would use an enema hourly if they sold em @ an apple store, or had an apple symbol on it. Serato, please stop ridinG apples d!*#. Peace from NY.
Dj Ace 1:57 AM - 10 December, 2013
Apple is the ish and just works
DJ RADlCAL 1:58 AM - 10 December, 2013
i use serato on windows 8.1 everyday it works fine for me .... jus sayin'
DJ TwoCities 2:31 AM - 10 December, 2013
Search Serato from the app store and they should come up.
thadigitaldj@aol.com 2:36 AM - 10 December, 2013
I bought the iPad version... yet I need to cough up another $5 for this one if I want this? I am extremely disappointed.
DJ TwoCities 2:41 AM - 10 December, 2013
I was too but I expect that from apple...
AMJacker 3:26 AM - 10 December, 2013
It's not working for me. I hear theres a problem with USB so use WiFi but I cant even do that.

It says "select serato in expansion pack" but there is no such thing to select. I have the current vertion for sure.
Da Club Rocka 3:52 AM - 10 December, 2013
i think im one of the first to get it in the app store for iphone ... but ive been trying to connect it threw wifi , cabel and ad hoc and nothing .....
Dj MacMillz 4:19 AM - 10 December, 2013
No mention of sample bank switching via the app.... Anyone have confirmation? Only feature that's holding me back from pulling the "buy it" trigger..
DJ RADlCAL 4:23 AM - 10 December, 2013
i been using it for a couple hours works great \0/
Dj MacMillz 5:23 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
i been using it for a couple hours works great \0/

I know it's a stripped down version, but can you switch banks for the sample player?
DJ RADlCAL 5:47 AM - 10 December, 2013
yes u can : )
Asu 6:17 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
Got it!! Remote mini. Now if they can get serato to work with maverick it would be great .

i'm using Serato DJ 1.5 with Mavericks with zero issues :-),just played around with the app.

i can't start a cued up song though...is this meant with auto play in mind???
Asu 6:19 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
Why only apple? I despise apple & would never spend a pennie on any of their products. AlthouGh a lot of clowns, I mean clones would use an enema hourly if they sold em @ an apple store, or had an apple symbol on it. Serato, please stop ridinG apples d!*#. Peace from NY.

geez so much hate...ever heard of choice...we choose apple because it's rock solid performance when spinning...the truth is the truth whether we accept it or not.
DJ TwoCities 6:24 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
It's not working for me. I hear theres a problem with USB so use WiFi but I cant even do that.

It says "select serato in expansion pack" but there is no such thing to select. I have the current vertion for sure.

When you log onto My Serato from in the software you will see Serato Remote and Remote mini enter your serial and activate the one that applies and there you have it.
Selecter Denjo 6:37 AM - 10 December, 2013
would be Great to have Remote mini for itch. just to use sp6. does it ever work with it?
greetings
beben3 6:44 AM - 10 December, 2013
why not for Android ? :-/
SleepingGiantz 7:00 AM - 10 December, 2013
What is the soul purpose of this app. How can it make djing fun?can you use it for Q points?
Source Of Bass 7:25 AM - 10 December, 2013
android??
DJ RADlCAL 8:38 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
What is the soul purpose of this app. How can it make djing fun?can you use it for Q points?

go back to sleep
DJ Eric Wise 9:04 AM - 10 December, 2013
Why do you have to pay for this as well !? I've got Serato Remote for iPad, in that case the iPhone version should be free to download.
DJ RADlCAL 9:27 AM - 10 December, 2013
if you have it on iPad then u dont need it on your iPhone Mr.Not So Wise
DJ Eric Wise 9:55 AM - 10 December, 2013
Didn't ask your smart ass opinion, you radical twit.

I've got the iPhone on me all the time. The iPad is a shared product with my wife and daughter.

It's a stripped down version to fit on the iPhone. I've allready paid for the 'full' version that's why, when you own the iPad version, this one should come free. Why let customers pay twice for the same (actually less than the same).
|DJSIGMA| 10:19 AM - 10 December, 2013
about to try this on the Ipod Touch to see if there are any bugs or lags and probably do a review video on as well, looks like this could come in handy.
|DJSIGMA| 10:26 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
Why do you have to pay for this as well !? I've got Serato Remote for iPad, in that case the iPhone version should be free to download.

It is a different device and it has the same functions but serato is a company just like any other, so of course you would have to pay for it again which is basically in total 25.00 if you got the ipad version and a business is business how they gonna feed their families. Who knows though it could be on App of The Week later on to be free.
|DJSIGMA| 10:27 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:

It is already up in the App Store it is working
Liquidi-T 11:03 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
android??

Seems there's a few people asking this today, it was the first thing I thought when I got the email, and I see there's no replies from Serato on this, yet.

Starting to feel like 'Android' and 'Serato' don't seem to be two words that are destined to ever appear in the same sentence on the newsletter, unfortunately. :( We've been waiting on news for Remote to hit Android forever. Maybe a Serato staff member would care to enlighten us, please?
DJVALIOJ 11:25 AM - 10 December, 2013
Android support?
lorenzo flecha 12:12 PM - 10 December, 2013
Cuando para soporte Android... Sabemos bien que Android es un Base de sistema libre.. pero acuerdence que hay muchos usuarios con este tipo de dispositivo. Y si les preocupa la pirateria. Ponganle una buena protección... pero aun estamos esperando para Tablet o Smart.. que somos la otra parte de los usuarios de Serato Dj etc. GRACIAS
DJ Aaron_SA 12:46 PM - 10 December, 2013
Love it. Less bulky than carrying around my iPad.
Sean G. 1:22 PM - 10 December, 2013
got it! ready to go
Don 2:16 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:

If your serious about audio you would run a mac
Don 2:23 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:

Heres the deal the Applie IOS acyually CAN support the software, it has close to zero latency. Android still has some latency issues. Want to get mad at a company then get mad at your "awesome" google for releasing something less then stellar or functional for companies to work with.
Have you not noticed that Android doesnt have a lot of pro audio apps? You think thats a conspiracy? Think things through before you blame a company for not meeting YOUR demands or expectations. Maybe, just maybe they cant work with the product of YOUR choice.
muneo 3:13 PM - 10 December, 2013
Nice one!! I love Serato!!
J.C. Hanna 3:24 PM - 10 December, 2013
I just DL'ed it on my 5s. Can't play/test it until I get home from work because the SL box must be connected.
Tug D 8:23 PM - 10 December, 2013
This looks cool, but what about all the DJs out there who aren't iBots? Serato needs to show Android some love!
DJ TwoCities 9:15 PM - 10 December, 2013
Not just android but windows tablets and windows phones... we are not all idiots oh I mean Ipeople mindlessly overpaying for apple products.
SelectaLionheart 2:52 AM - 11 December, 2013
SelectaLionheart 2:54 AM - 11 December, 2013
Quote:
Not just android but windows tablets and windows phones... we are not all idiots oh I mean Ipeople mindlessly overpaying for apple products.

Agreed!
Jayos 8:23 AM - 11 December, 2013
How do I change the cue button to a play button? When using the app with the ns7II it won't play songs it only cues the track. Can this be fixed or can I get my money back?
Matt_GER 11:02 AM - 11 December, 2013
ANDROID !!!!
Rory C 3:13 PM - 11 December, 2013
How do you play a track that you cue up? This is quite an important feature wouldn't you think? This is the entire reason I paid for the app: i.e. if a track runs out while you're away from the decks you should be able to cue up another and press PLAY! ???

If the app was not designed for this it should be explained in a description about the app. It is quite misleading to specify control over the decks via this app if you can't actually play a track.

Instructions, fix or refund @Serato please!
selectajay 7:21 PM - 11 December, 2013
so whats next!?? a championship battle using this app!??..man what ever happened to 2 turntables & a Mixer?..somebody please tell me..WHY WOULD I WANNA USE THIS APP??..can't wait to hear this one??
DJ Eazy B 9:04 PM - 11 December, 2013
Quote:
so whats next!?? a championship battle using this app!??..man what ever happened to 2 turntables & a Mixer?..somebody please tell me..WHY WOULD I WANNA USE THIS APP??..can't wait to hear this one??

For me I'm only going to use it mainly for loop roll effect combo. An iPhones small enough to sit in the bottom corner of my laptop and thats good for me. I never used midi controls before because they are bulky so this is my best option to start using the effects in my option.

I came up in the mid 90s on 2 turntables and a mixer which is still my preferred setup at a gig but you might as well say 'what next, automobiles.. what happened to horse and cart.

I can understand where you coming from because for older DJs it wasn't so easy and now we all theses features and gadgets. What we had was pure, but times a evolving and i look at it as adding another dimension to my arsenal.
selectajay 5:30 AM - 12 December, 2013
The ol' horse & cart argument is always a strong defense argument when trying to justify a need for change..and i certainly agree times evolve.
I do like how you put it when u say.."I look at it as adding another dimension to my arsenal"..that maybe true but a fair question to ask is..are we getting out of control with the technology for DJing?? i think this could be a bad thing (some good) what are your thoughts?
badassmuthafakka 6:02 PM - 12 December, 2013
Quote:

How do you switch banks with remote mini? Can not, only iPad remote.
Asu 9:09 PM - 12 December, 2013
Quote:
How do you play a track that you cue up? This is quite an important feature wouldn't you think? This is the entire reason I paid for the app: i.e. if a track runs out while you're away from the decks you should be able to cue up another and press PLAY! ???

If the app was not designed for this it should be explained in a description about the app. It is quite misleading to specify control over the decks via this app if you can't actually play a track.

Yeah i noticed that too.you can't actually play/stop a track
7G 2:03 AM - 13 December, 2013
When they implement this then i will buy...I want to replace my LPD8...Till then...
Quote:
you can't actually play/stop a track
Asu 2:38 PM - 15 December, 2013
Quote:

1.u have serato DJ & rane 61 mixer with no FX pads

2.doing a solo gig...playing a hot track 5 min track....run to the bathroom...u get there and realize only 1 min to sh***t....pound the first cue all over again...now u got 5 mins more while sitting on the toilet lol

This app just made the cheap Rane 61 mixer very usable especially if you already have an I-OS device where it works with almost no delay,just set up computer to computer network...this app could actually revolutionalize DJing if improved.

with a play/cue/ A/B fader ability it'd be more usable with song info on the top of each deck & 5-7 library songs viewable on the ipad or iphone.i'll pay $19.99 for that
dj brownn 3:01 PM - 15 December, 2013
I Have Been Playing with the serato remote mini for two days now and I have to say it Blow me a way with how everything works great. Its a thumps up for me, great product. It works flawless with my iphone 4s cant wait to try it on the 5.
JKey 2:41 PM - 16 December, 2013
Ok, Apple is the weappon of choice by many DJs and that’s ok.
However, not everyone is keen to support the fruity money printing on the entire scale.
When is an Android version of Remote Mini available? Why not a version of the software at the same time for both systems? Android users love X-mas too …
Dj Kaki P 5:53 PM - 16 December, 2013
Quote:
Um, android?

You Know!
deejdave 3:42 AM - 19 December, 2013
Just an observation. I know I'm gonna catch a world of hurt for this one but the general consensus on this post is people who purchase Mac are "idiots" or "ibots" yet why is it you rarely ever see one saying "what about us Mac users" or "show us Apple users some love"? In this business there are expenses. In this business it is not far fetched to spend over twice the amount of a Mac (let alone a PC) for intelligent lighting................. FOR ONE UNIT (which is typically purchased four at a time) and if spending one weeks pay brings me piece of mind that everything I need will be available to me and will work as intended then so be it. Don't get me wrong I 1000% see the benefits of Windows based PC's and that is why I have PC laptops as well as Mac laptops.

Serato has probably explored the use of android. Why wouldn't they as just like PC's they sell more than apple mainly because they are cheaper than apple products. (Yeah i know all the benefits of Android but let's be honest of what the #1 reason is) It is probably also safe to assume it just did not work. My take on this is if at first you don't succeed (again specifically with this) JUST LET IT GO. My reasons are even if you get it working that will be on that specific phone with those specific APPS. Bottom line it's a third party world on Android and there are far too many variables to be considered a stable environment. Not to mention LATENCY. My #1 reason for simply scratching it is every minute spent on getting it to work with Android is a minute NOT sent on the actual DJ software itself Serato DJ. I would honestly give it up in a second if it meant the issue would be dropped. Maybe not the Remote for Ipad as it is far more useful but definitely the Remote Mini.

BTW I tried to keep it respectful as I don't like to bash others and I ALWAYS say "to each his own" but I also tried to keep it factual. Although it may not be liked they are still facts (or as close to facts as I could get) and once again I am NOT biased as I do use both Macs & PC's. I also use 2 iPhones (3 including the wifey's) and 1 android (Samsung galaxy S4), as well as iPad & windows surface so I do like to think of myself as willing to try and a good source of fair reviews......................... but that's just me.
swavek 11:21 PM - 23 December, 2013
Quote:

do tell !
dario eduardo pedro 6:36 PM - 24 December, 2013
lol…….
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 2:34 AM - 28 January, 2014
Quote:
Where is my jetpack?

serato.com

;-)
Matt_GER 2:14 PM - 7 February, 2014
Android please!
Rory C 2:57 PM - 10 February, 2014
Quote:

Sooo... the reply I got was:

"Hi Rory C,

The Serato Remote at this stage does not have playback controls for your decks. It was not mentioned anywhere that playback controls are included or that this is a "complete solution" for DJing away from your decks. It is used as an additive accessory for your existing setup.

However, this is only the first iteration of the software, we are always working on updates and we will be releasing more versions which will no doubt include more features. Our development team are well aware of what is required of a 'DJ App'.

If you want to discuss a refund please contact sales@serato.com.

Regards"

To which I replied:

"Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid that the description of the app is rather misleading:

Quote: "Serato Remote and Serato Remote Mini lets you see and perform all your favourite Scratch Live & Serato DJ functions without needing to touch your laptop."

My favourite function is pressing play :) Simply not mentioning the lack of playback controls is not a valid reason in my opinion.

As there are quote a few of your customers that agree with me on the forum (serato.com) maybe Serato should simply state a limitation to the app to avoid any further confusion?

For example: THIS APP DOES NOT HAVE A PLAYBACK FEATURE"
badassmuthafakka 7:40 PM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Where is my jetpack?

serato.com

;-)

Sweet ^_^
djkenny Sb 9:20 PM - 17 September, 2015
when for the ANDROID????????, i have a macbook because its good for me and its great but dislike the
i phone....
djkenny Sb 6:35 AM - 30 November, 2017
Still waiting for android 😫