Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Dec. 2013 Serato DJ 1.6 Beta Release Date

Andrei Matei 5:27 PM - 24 November, 2013
Hey Guys,

Does anyone here have any guidance on what part of December (beginning, middle or end) 1.6 Beta may be released in? Need to know what part of the month I should take the most time off in. :)

Thanks in advance!

Andrei
Dj MacMillz 9:57 PM - 24 November, 2013
Just gotta keep an eye out for the forum posts, or sign up for the newsletter....
hologram 7:05 PM - 25 November, 2013
Waiting patiently on this right now. My 62 is getting lonely.
wadup 7:46 PM - 25 November, 2013
I'm thinking Dec 1st
Andrei Matei 8:12 PM - 25 November, 2013
Dec. 1st would be amazing! Or if they could at least tease us with more things they fixed, that would be awesome too. (The #CBINT tweets from @Serato were barely a tease...)
dj lashes 8:21 PM - 25 November, 2013
you should be happy that they told us December which is a BIG step for them to tell us any thing...
deejdave 9:49 PM - 25 November, 2013
Quote:
Dec. 1st would be amazing! Or if they could at least tease us with more things they fixed, that would be awesome too. (The #CBINT tweets from @Serato were barely a tease...)

Please keep in mind the main point of the release is the porting of the SL2-4 as well as current SSL mixers (aside from the 57) so I wouldn't go EXPECTING too many bug fixes as much as I would HOPE for them........................ the chances are slim at best.
TelosHedge 10:38 PM - 25 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Please keep in mind the main point of the release is the porting of the SL2-4 as well as current SSL mixers (aside from the 57) so I wouldn't go EXPECTING too many bug fixes as much as I would HOPE for them........................ the chances are slim at best.

you're probably right. however, i'm a little out of the loop. are there supposed to be any other features implemented in 1.6 besides the new hardware?
djdannyd 11:04 PM - 25 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you're probably right. however, i'm a little out of the loop. are there supposed to be any other features implemented in 1.6 besides the new hardware?

No new features that we've heard of, 1.6 will carry support for new hardware
Andrei Matei 6:10 AM - 26 November, 2013
Well, there will be some small "features" and "fixes" that have been confirmed such as moving the overviews back next waveforms in vertical mode (whew), open and closing crates from hardware, etc.

I'm personally really hoping for the cue labels. As dumb as it sounds, this is the one thing that will hold me on SSL until its implemented. I use them a ton.

Fingers crossed!
Leafie 9:04 PM - 26 November, 2013
+1 cue labels
hologram 12:11 AM - 27 November, 2013
If they add the 62 and bridge I will be happy.
Andrei Matei 12:25 AM - 27 November, 2013
No bridge support is planned from everything I've heard. 62 support absolutely, tho.
hologram 8:13 AM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
No bridge support is planned from everything I've heard. 62 support absolutely, tho.

Stop messing with my fantasy man ;)
nik39 8:21 AM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
My 62 is getting lonely.

Why is that?
DJ Merci 3:01 PM - 27 November, 2013
Serato DJ 1.6 beta release , damn i'm still waiting for Serato DJ release 1.0 for Numark V7...not complaining though because i'm using PC and 2 V7's and not 1 hiccup this year 2013 (cross my fingers before new years) so far very stable with all the clean up and analyzing files and such ..just really wanna see what serato DJ does with my V7
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:25 PM - 27 November, 2013
Quote:
Serato DJ 1.6 beta release , damn i'm still waiting for Serato DJ release 1.0 for Numark V7...not complaining though because i'm using PC and 2 V7's and not 1 hiccup this year 2013 (cross my fingers before new years) so far very stable with all the clean up and analyzing files and such ..just really wanna see what serato DJ does with my V7

Crash and be told to get a Mac....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 6:50 PM - 27 November, 2013
Hey Andrei Matei,

Unfortunately I can't give you more information on the release schedule. But it's close!

Along with Rane hardware support 1.6 has improved stability/bug fixes and a couple new things i think you will all like.

Logan.
deejdave 6:59 PM - 27 November, 2013
That.............. Is.............. Awesome. I honestly figured the addition of all the big hardware was going to be it!! Great news indeed.
DJ Stoyvo 8:03 PM - 28 November, 2013
Quote:
Along with Rane hardware support 1.6 has improved stability/bug fixes and a couple new things i think you will all like.

Logan.

Large Libraries!?
Culprit 8:28 PM - 28 November, 2013
I don't understand the need for large librarys really.. maybe I'm an alien
djdannyd 9:33 PM - 28 November, 2013
like you'd really need 100,000 songs in Serato, lol
clickclickw00t 9:43 PM - 28 November, 2013
Is the Bridge definitely being dropped from Serato DJ? If so, I would be very dissapointed. I use it all the time, especially when I'm doing live remixing. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE implement the Bridge at some point. I bought my 62 with the idea that it would be supported for years to come with Bridge updates, not just under 2 years. Yes I know that SSL will still have Bridge support, but the support will stop. So one of the most advertised things about SSL+62 was Bridge, and yet support stops after just 2 years? That's complete BS.

SO RANE:
Quit advertising products that you will not be able to support in the future. For someone who uses the Bridge frequently and who paid $2000 f**king dollars for a mixer that was supposed to supported with the Bridge for years, you will be dropping support. What happens when the new OSX comes out and SSL no longer works for it and I'm forced to switch to SERATO DJ and not have Bridge support? All on a $2k piece of hardware that I purchased for the SOLE PURPOSE of having awesome Bridge controls built in? What a shame.
deejdave 11:00 PM - 28 November, 2013
The Bridge will definitely be dropping the Bridge. They would have had to support it in the first place to drop it.

Secondly RANE has nothing to do with the addition of The Bridge nor do they have anything to do with any other features Serato DJ decides to/not to support. That is in the hands of Serato (although I do see you are i the habit of blaming others for things they have nothing to do with anyways)

Lastly the Bridge will ALWAYS work as "advertised" with SSL so how has anyone wronged you there. I believe they should and hope they do add the Bridge to Serato DJ but I would have to say your angle on this strikes me as "off" and not very constructive. It helps when you blame the right people and it also helps when you realize Serato has done everything they said they would with the Bridge (in terms of SSL).
TelosHedge 4:24 AM - 29 November, 2013
Quote:
The Bridge will definitely be dropping the Bridge. They would have had to support it in the first place to drop it.

oh the calamity!
deejdave 4:41 AM - 29 November, 2013
LOL I didn't even realize I wrote that. Meant the Bridge will definitely not be dropped from Serato DJ................. I have NOOOO idea what I was doing at the time I wrote that but one thing is clear. I started the sentence and then the egg nog or death cider took its toll. Thanks Telos now I feel like a douche LMAO.
hologram 7:44 AM - 29 November, 2013
Quote:
LOL I didn't even realize I wrote that. Meant the Bridge will definitely not be dropped from Serato DJ

????
TelosHedge 4:39 PM - 29 November, 2013
all good! i just need the entertainment from time to time.
deejdave 7:40 PM - 29 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
LOL I didn't even realize I wrote that. Meant the Bridge will definitely not be dropped from Serato DJ

????

The Bridge will definitely not be dropped from Serato DJ.................. They would have had to support it in the first place to drop it.

The second part of that statement was key to its validity.
hologram 8:00 PM - 29 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

????

The Bridge will definitely not be dropped from Serato DJ.................. They would have had to support it in the first place to drop it.

The second part of that statement was key to its validity.

hmmm yes confused this one was. all good
wadup 8:35 PM - 29 November, 2013
Definitely not looking like a Dec.1st release....
Jam-Master Jake 8:36 PM - 29 November, 2013
A Serato employee told me in an email that The Bridge will NOT be coming to SDJ. However, something similar to and better than The Bridge might be coming down the road as its replacement. No details were given, I was simply told to wait and see what happens. They said that they have some interesting ideas they're playing around with.

Don't get your hopes up, I'm just throwing that out there.
hologram 5:57 AM - 30 November, 2013
Quote:
A Serato employee told me in an email that The Bridge will NOT be coming to SDJ. However, something similar to and better than The Bridge might be coming down the road as its replacement. No details were given, I was simply told to wait and see what happens. They said that they have some interesting ideas they're playing around with.

Don't get your hopes up, I'm just throwing that out there.

Remix deck stuff like Traktor has and I'll be OK.
Thanks for the update
Jam-Master Jake 4:55 PM - 30 November, 2013
Can you imagine Traktor-esque remix decks in SDJ? Wow! Just the thought of that makes me need to sit down for a second. Awesome.
diams 5:32 PM - 30 November, 2013
i m really waiting for this release . because at this time i m really disapointed ....
i spend 2000 fuckin bucks to buy a 62 , because all the promises of serato , 62 is the best mixer , 62 with the bridge will be awesome , SSL is the best software , bla bla bla ....
and now , what ?
SSL is dead , lots of people are complaining about SDJ for a lots of reasons , no bridge expected . SDJ 1.6 will surely not be so stable as SSL was ( because it s a "young" soft )
at this time the only one thing i see is that , with all the money i have spend , i could have a NI Z2 , NI MASCHINE , and more money to buy other "toys"
honestly , i m really thinking i m gonna sell this 62 to switch to traktor .
and please don t tell me to use SSL 2.5 with my 62 . i didnt buy this mixer to use it with a "dead" software ........
deejdave 5:42 PM - 30 November, 2013
You sound like a good candidate for Traktor TBH. I would not call Serato DJ a dead software by any means. Just remember when searching the forums you will have many people complaining and MANY have themselves to blame. How often do you think someone will have the urge to go onto the Serato forums and say................... "You know I had no issues this month" or the software is running great. Even with support cases you will hear the bitching n complaining ^^ yet the day they get their issue resolved there is a 50% (just a guess) chance you will never hear from them. No thanks, No praise. Trust me when I say SDJ is not a dead software and if you feel alone and unsure here just wait til you head on over to the N.I. Forums and lose the legendary support team you have here.
diams 6:17 PM - 30 November, 2013
i m not saying SDJ is dead . but SSL
Jam-Master Jake 7:10 PM - 30 November, 2013
Technically, SSL isn't "dead" software yet, either. Yes, it's in the process of being phased out, but it's still got 2 years of software support coming, with tech support and minor bug support after that. Yes, the end IS coming, but I'm sure there's still new and more functionality coming. In the meantime, all SSL hardware (except for the oldest SL-1 and TTM57SL) will be supported in SDJ, and it's a FREE UPGRADE to SDJ. That gives you two years to play with it and get comfortable with it, as well as for Serato to work out the bugs and get it SSL-stable. And even after SSL is finally EOL'd (End of Life'd), it'll STILL work with your Rane 62. I'm still running Itch 2.2.2 on my Novation Twitch, and Itch has been dead for a year! I like how Itch runs, as opposed to how SDJ does on the Twitch.

As for your frustration, join the club, my friend. I bought a Rane 62 a few months back, only to be told TWO WEEKS LATER that SDJ was getting DVS support, and the Rane 64 was coming out. Prices on the 62 plummeted, and all of a sudden my brand-new 62 mixer that I paid $2K for was only worth $1400 tops! Rather than take the $600 hit on selling my mixer and then pay an extra $100-$200 on top of that loss for a 64, I decided to stick with my 62 for the time being. It's a great mixer and you don't HAVE to upgrade. If it doesn't have all the functionality you want, spend an extra $400 and get the Pioneer DDJ-SP1 add-on controller and you'll be all set. And before you argue that's more than the cost of a new Rane 64, remember this: the 64 doesn't have the FX or video control that the SP1 has.

As for The Bridge, well, there's no arguing that Serato REALLY screwed the pooch on that one. They designed a great concept and then never developed it further or even really supported it. It's unfortunate, but they no doubt had their reasons. Who's to say that they're not working on something even BETTER than The Bridge for a future release down the road?

As for Traktor, that's not necessarily the answer you're looking for. I use both products, and find Traktor to be no more stable than SDJ. The interface is much more cluttered, it doesn't do video, and the NI forums are just as full of angry Traktor users as this forum is full of angry Serato users. The grass isn't always greener on the other side…

My suggestion is to learn SSL for now, really play with your 62, and see what the future brings. You're by no means in possession of a "crap" mixer. Newer/better stuff comes out all the time…sometimes that just happens to be after you buy a new product. It sucks, but it's life. SDJ 1.6 will be out in 3 months and the beta will be out within 4 weeks. (I expect it any day). It's a short time to wait.

Good luck.
hologram 9:20 PM - 30 November, 2013
Quote:
Can you imagine Traktor-esque remix decks in SDJ? Wow! Just the thought of that makes me need to sit down for a second. Awesome.

That would be the best of both worlds. As NI has no video and can you imaging this with video?

As for the stability of Serato. I have not had any issues with SSL, Itch, SDJ that weren't just annoyances I worked around. My Big complaints has been advertised features that don't materialize.
deejdave 10:03 PM - 30 November, 2013
All my issues amount to simple things I miss from SSL. Cue point labeling is huge for me being I spent the time labeling sooooo many tracks. Then again the features that SDJ add kind of overshadow such a simple feature and I find myself getting so creatively involved with the new I can let the other features that I hold so dear go for now. I would have to say the layout is the next thing I would change given the opportunity but again I can make do and given the choice between my preferred layout and what has been brought to the table I would choose the new time & again. I know some people who are suffering from issues would argue saying "fix what you have before you add to it" but I am one of those fortunate to have no stability issues. I have a 82,000 track library and growing so I would call that large and I by no means take it easy on my sets so I do feel I am a good enough source to say that it can be done given the proper planning ahead, optimization, & tweaking................. above all sacrifice. I make no excuses for Serato and I feel in due time they will get everything straight but for the time being I have two identical laptops 2012 MBP 2.9 GHZ 16 GB RAM (only difference is SSD on one but not the other) one I use for everyday use & backup DJ rig (the 750 GB HDD) and the other I use exclusively for DJing. SSL, SDJ, Rekordbox, Traktor, Mixed In Key, Platinum Notes, MP3 Repair+, & Ableton are the ONLY software found and I ONLY connect to the internet to update the software. I also don't keep any music on my laptops themselves.................. neither of them. Many would say internal would be best and for actual performance reasons I would agree but for my purposes the external HDD's are the only option and the USB 3.0 is plenty fast for me. I plan to make the switch and utilize the thunderbolt SOON again as I have done in the past but this is an after the holidays thing for time alone.

Back on topic (although what I said kind of was) I would LOVE to see Traktor style remix decks but in all fairness to Serato and their innovative ways I fuly believe we are in for something better.
938MyDJ 5:40 PM - 1 December, 2013
So the the SDJ Beta for SL2-3-4 is not out today, Dec 1st?
deejdave 5:42 PM - 1 December, 2013
Why would we expect Dec. 1st. I fully believe it will be out in Dec so let's just be a little patient.
938MyDJ 5:54 PM - 1 December, 2013
Ha ha ha!

Hi DeejDave,

I am just excited. No negative thoughts at all.

: )

When they announced the release of SDJ 1.5, it was released Oct 1st. So I was just hoping for the same pattern.
Andrei Matei 6:15 PM - 1 December, 2013
All of you guys threatening to move to Traktor make me LOL so much. Have you ever USED Traktor? A Z2? A S4? I recommend you try one via a rental or a friend for a month. I couldn't imagine going back to that junk. Horrible waveform implementation, poor library portability, terrible sound quality (S2/S4), cheap construction (S2/S4/Z2), etc. I'd prefer to use SSL as-is for the next 5 years then deal with that nonsense again.

I also don't understand people being frustrated that their mixers/gear are suddenly "useless" now that Serato DJ is on the horizon. I'm happily gigging with SSL and zero problems. I expect that to stay the same into the future.

HOWEVER, I'm excited to see what 1.6 brings, and would consider upgrading to Serato DJ from SSL for several reasons:

- Native beat-grid implementation. I use it for easy phrasing, track prep, seeing how bad old soul/funk songs drift, etc. Using Ableton and Bridge JUST for grids, is cumbersome in SSL.

- Better effects. I only use Echo and filter occasionally and those honestly sound fine in SSL, so it'll be interesting to see if they are really noticeably better.

- Fixed beatgrid / id3 change bug documented here: serato.com (As of 1.5, it looks like this is resolved. woo! It was a problem in Itch and SSL)

Also hoping they do the following changes in 1.6 to make Serato DJ more like SSL:

- Of course cue point labels (as I've droned on about for a while)
- Extended waveforms vertically (so they are a little longer like in SSL
- Fatter overviews so they are easier to see, like in SSL
- The elapsed time listed in offline mode as a track is playing like in SSL (helpful for track prep)

I keep furiously checking the Serato Blog / Serato Twitter stream every 2 hours, LOL.
wadup 7:28 PM - 1 December, 2013
Quote:
Why would we expect Dec. 1st. I fully believe it will be out in Dec so let's just be a little patient.

My exact thinking.....serato is close until 5:30pm Eastern time....so there's still a lot of time left for a release today ;)
wadup 7:31 PM - 1 December, 2013
Quote:

Quote:
Ha ha ha!

Hi DeejDave,

I am just excited. No negative thoughts at all.

: )

When they announced the release of SDJ 1.5, it was released Oct 1st. So I was just hoping for the same pattern.
deejdave 10:22 PM - 1 December, 2013
There's no doubt this is a much anticipated release. The best news for me personally is the extra's that will be included. I bought the Rane 64 & the DJM-900SRT & SP1. I already had the DDJ-SX as well so needless to say I am knee deep into SDJ and in no way waiting for the SL boxes or other Rane mixer updates. I know they said there will be other featured added which all will love but I am dying to know what they are. Good stuff all around and the release could not come any quicker.
wadup 1:01 AM - 2 December, 2013
I'm definately thinking Dec. 31 now.... :(
DJ TwoCities 7:57 AM - 2 December, 2013
I hope it will be before then... They need time for us to test it so to speak and give feedback, so they can address any issues found in the Beta... So we become their Beta testers which is cool. Everyone using SSL and the supported hardware can start using SDJ 1.6 Beta to get a feel for the SSL replacement "SDJ". I'm sure that there will be more updates in the coming year as more controllers and hard ware is added to the supported column. I'm just excited that they are moving forward and consolidating to 1 product, which leaves them free to develop a better product that covers more users need while giving them room to grow and be more creative in their mixes.
DJ Trice 8:10 AM - 2 December, 2013
Hello,

Where's 1.6 BETA ??? lool
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:37 AM - 2 December, 2013
I hope they release it in jan the beta that is, how many djs are going to fuck up there xmas and new year gigs using the beta and it crash and then come here and slam/blaim serato!
DJ Trice 12:14 PM - 2 December, 2013
Quote:
I hope they release it in jan the beta that is, how many djs are going to fuck up there xmas and new year gigs using the beta and it crash and then come here and slam/blaim serato!

If some people wants to play with beta version, that's only their problem, not mine :-)
I'm waiting for 1.6 this month like all people :-D
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:25 PM - 2 December, 2013
I know this but i also know how retarded djs are lol. Hope serato do a good splash screen stating its a beta tobe used at your own risk and for testing at home ect.
DJ TwoCities 12:32 PM - 2 December, 2013
Serato said this is not the version to replace your stable SSL. This is for your use at home to learn what you can do with SDJ and tweak it to run your hardware... The official release of 1.6 is in February 2014. If you try to do a gig with it don't blame anyone but yourself if things go wrong. Please read up on the release and what they are for. I use a controller and not waiting for it to have supported hardware, just for any bug fixes and added functionality that they may add to it. I run SDJ 1.5 and have had no real problems with it except when I close it . I have been very happy with my SDJ
DJ Dollar 1:43 PM - 2 December, 2013
it Dec 2nd now
nik39 2:20 PM - 2 December, 2013
Quote:
it Dec 2nd now

*sigh*
Andrei Matei 3:26 PM - 2 December, 2013
Yeah, I was hoping it would come out today so I could see if the fixes I was hoping for were implemented. If so, I'd snag a DDJ-SR or SX on Cyber Monday sales for little house party gigs when I didn't want to lug 1200s/Rane or CDJs/DJM around...

*sigh* indeed!
MarcJ 5:15 PM - 2 December, 2013
It definitely ain't coming this week according to serato on twitter.
Damn!!!!
DJ TwoCities 5:32 PM - 2 December, 2013
Get what you are going to get while it's on sale... just know that Serato will be addressing the bugs and issues in SDJ. I think it will be closer to the middle of the month but don't be surprised if it's sooner. They have us hooked right now like the new updates are a drug lol. I for one am on the edge of my seat in anticipation of the latest update to SDJ.
nik39 10:38 PM - 2 December, 2013
Quote:
Yeah, I was hoping it would come out today so I could see if the fixes I was hoping for were implemented. If so, I'd snag a DDJ-SR or SX on Cyber Monday sales for little house party gigs when I didn't want to lug 1200s/Rane or CDJs/DJM around...

*sigh* indeed!

I was *sigh*'ing because it's the second day out of 31, and people are already nagging. Duhhhh.
Andrei Matei 10:59 PM - 2 December, 2013
Quote:
Damn!!!!

Which tweet on their stream reflects this? I'm not seeing it. Just curious!
hologram 12:07 AM - 3 December, 2013
in answer to the question, yes I have used Traktor
My first DJ software was carrot
Then final scratch...horrible transition to Traktor
Then SSL with Ableton, itch , SDJ.
I even had something that looked like Carrot but used a USB version of the Denon dj2000 controller.
I'm in the IT business so I understand that all software has limits and you architect your infrastructure around them.
There are things I can do with the Traktor remix decks that I can't do well with anything else.
It's a different genre of music that I do that with and yes I will probably have a Traktor setup next to my various Serato setups. My 57's have paid for themselves in rentals so it's not such a problem to have yet another mixer in the rental que. Besides remix decks are fun.
Andrei Matei 1:56 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Damn!!!!

Which tweet on their stream reflects this? I'm not seeing it. Just curious!

NM. I see it now! :)
Maskrider 2:43 AM - 3 December, 2013
How much do you guys rent your equipment? …Let's say 2 turntables and a mixer?
Mr. Goodkat 3:04 AM - 3 December, 2013
this beta is gonna go poorly. get ready for bitching like that guys mom everyone always hated.
djdannyd 4:02 AM - 3 December, 2013
^^^Beta is beta my brotha. All we can do is report the bugs, crashes, glitches, etc....etc... and hopefully Serato will take care of them before the full release early next year.
deejdave 4:10 AM - 3 December, 2013
Yes but there are ways to approach the reports and there are ways to get your point across in a productive manner. The vast majority of users experiencing issues will forget these skills the second one of issues affects them.
Dj MacMillz 4:22 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
e are ways to approach the reports and there are ways to get your point across in a productive manner. The vast majority of users experiencing issues will forget these skills the second one of issues affects them.

Truth.... even though they will agree and accept the terms of said beta. New releases (even betas) are breeding grounds for bitch sessions....with very few valid complaints.
hologram 4:44 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:

Was doing every weekend both rigs up till I had to change locations for work.
I'll build that up again.
deejdave 4:52 AM - 3 December, 2013
I think he was referring to price.
djcrap 5:27 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
^^^Beta is beta my brotha. All we can do is report the bugs, crashes, glitches, etc....etc... and hopefully Serato will take care of them before the full release early next year.

Haaaaaaaaa. Have you seen seratos beta record lately? The longer the beta progresses the more unstable it becomes beta release after another.
wadup 6:09 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Haaaaaaaaa. Have you seen seratos beta record lately? The longer the beta progresses the more unstable it becomes beta release after another.

How did you come to that conclusion?
pdidy 6:54 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
Yes but there are ways to approach the reports and there are ways to get your point across in a productive manner. The vast majority of users experiencing issues will forget these skills the second one of issues affects them.

Then I will crack the whip an keep them in there place, then nik39 will get mad at me for not being motherly and nice.....lol
Bartechone 8:16 AM - 3 December, 2013
I use a rane mixers all time but now rane doing stupid thinks i give a lot of money for 62 and now i will sell it because i cant use it whit serato dj , i buy pioneer ddj sp1 and cant use . Rane wake UP ! How many people must change dj stuff to traktor ? I thinking what to do whit this shit really ! 2 weeks no support and i will sell this useful mixer .
wadup 8:36 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
I use a rane mixers all time but now rane doing stupid thinks i give a lot of money for 62 and now i will sell it because i cant use it whit serato dj , i buy pioneer ddj sp1 and cant use . Rane wake UP ! How many people must change dj stuff to traktor ? I thinking what to do whit this shit really ! 2 weeks no support and i will sell this useful mixer .

Seriously, are you drunk?
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:49 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:

The BIGGEST RETARD award goes too.....

WOW you really talk utter crap!!
nik39 9:54 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Then I will crack the whip an keep them in there place, then nik39 will get mad at me for not being motherly and nice.....lol

You must have not known about my beta posting history ;) does anyone remember the [s]fights[s/] discussions we had during public beta 2.0? This was an epic thread... But as long as it stays constructive it's all good, IMHO.
pdidy 10:27 AM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You must have not known about my beta posting history ;) does anyone remember the [s]fights[s/] discussions we had during public beta 2.0? This was an epic thread... But as long as it stays constructive it's all good, IMHO.

I was there and SDJ 1.6 has nothing on the fuckery and complete insanity displayed during public beta 2.0......Good times....lol
Maskrider 3:43 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

The price.
Maskrider 3:45 PM - 3 December, 2013
This guys are just looking for beta testers in this thread.
djcrap 4:16 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How did you come to that conclusion?

By participating in betas these past two years! The more the betas progressed into another the more bugs and unstable it became. Thus forcing serato to release it prematurely to a final release. So this is why i think serato just jumps to final releases without betas?

In other words serato has lost that touch they used to have 4 years ago before 2.0 where they could fix bugs plus make changes during the betas with out losing the stability side when going into final releases .
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:27 PM - 3 December, 2013
BOOM And its here!!! WoW SL-3 with sdj is wicked
djburnee 4:55 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:

Realy? Where did u find it?
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:59 PM - 3 December, 2013
Downloads section
JBoogz 5:04 PM - 3 December, 2013
Link to the beta section please? Can't seem to find it.
djburnee 5:14 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:

+1
DJ Sidies 5:33 PM - 3 December, 2013
+1
Quote:
bravo 5:44 PM - 3 December, 2013
+1
+1
Quote:
Davmix 5:46 PM - 3 December, 2013
seems a joke
Musically Minded 5:47 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
seems a joke

+1
djdannyd 5:51 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
By participating in betas these past two years! The more the betas progressed into another the more bugs and unstable it became. Thus forcing serato to release it prematurely to a final release. So this is why i think serato just jumps to final releases without betas?

In other words serato has lost that touch they used to have 4 years ago before 2.0 where they could fix bugs plus make changes during the betas with out losing the stability side when going into final releases .
Quote· Report· Permalink

....and hence moving SSL to SDJ. Serato had too many different software to maintain and keep up with that I'm sure it became too much for them. Betas are still happening but only being sent to a small list of users. I remember the day where the smaller the test users the more efficient it used to be, complaining about a beta version won't help Serato fix the bugs.
djburnee 6:03 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
seems a joke

damn, i'm soo stupid^^
Andrei Matei 7:35 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:

That was a mean joke, LJ_WOOLSEY. Dislike. :(
FighteRanger 7:45 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:

-You guys just be patient though
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:50 PM - 3 December, 2013
Haha sorry i just had too ;-)
hologram 8:27 PM - 3 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The price.

Sorry I start at 150 a day for a coffin. After a few days I move you to the week rate.
If I have to go set it up then I charge for that too. depends on how much hassle it is to set it up.
DJ Trice 8:40 AM - 4 December, 2013
When 1.6 beta will released, you will find this information on facebook page fan first :-), we will also receive an email but the facebook page is faster ;-)
Dj cuervo 7:12 PM - 4 December, 2013
I would have been nice if they have contest for us to guess the release date.
Amber* 8:55 PM - 4 December, 2013
... meanwhile a little girl waits...
mr187 9:30 PM - 4 December, 2013
hope it will be 64 bit SDJ is heading to the dogs I want to get a ns7 2 but the crappy software is too unstable and vdj don't support it yet.
DJ Padida 9:36 PM - 4 December, 2013
Quote:
it will be 64 bit SDJ is heading to the dogs I want to get a ns7 2

There's a mapper out for the NS7 2.
Andrei Matei 12:57 AM - 9 December, 2013
I have a feeling it might come out this week! Fingers crossed...
Andrei Matei 2:54 AM - 9 December, 2013
Well, nope. Saw on Serato's Twitter stream, not this week either. Check back next week, folks.
Dj Ace 3:57 AM - 9 December, 2013
if you need a BIG library take a STRONG computer has enough RAM to support your library...or else cut it down to the essentials.
Dj Ace 3:59 AM - 9 December, 2013
Every gig does not need 10,000 songs...imagine back in REAL vinyl days LOL
DJ DenDenJ 4:18 AM - 9 December, 2013
hopefully there will be a day/night mode just like in itch.
DJ DenDenJ 4:19 AM - 9 December, 2013
should be more stable as well. Using ns6 and the stability of itch is much better than sdj
wadup 6:08 AM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
Well, nope. Saw on Serato's Twitter stream, not this week either. Check back next week, folks.

Sucks....I think they gonna hold out until Dec.22
dj lashes 6:15 AM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Sucks....I think they gonna hold out until Dec.22

as i said 19th is the date got it from a little bird..
Bobby B 11:47 AM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
as i said 19th is the date got it from a little bird..

What else did the little bird say? Probably arrange a meeting in a dark alley and pay off for moe info lol !!
BBN 2:42 PM - 9 December, 2013
Not 100% sure about it, but it feels like in the past 6 years all betas (SSL, ITCH, DJ) came out about 6 weeks before the official release.
So I think we'll see the Serato DJ 1.6 Beta around Christmas. Makes sense, because it's holidays and people have time to play around with it at home.
I also think that in the past all betas have been very close to the final release, so even if it's at our own risk, chances to f**k up have allways been quite small. Most problems I read were caused by the user, not the software anyways.
To me it doesn't matter so much, since my Rane Sixty-Two works fine with the current SSL.

All I wanna see in Serato DJ is less MIDI-bugs. Try to hook up a Novation Launchpad in a Sixty-Two Setup and you'll see what I mean ;) Light stop glowing, functions on the Sixty-Two stop working, and so on if these two meet each other in a setup, even with the Launchpad mapping provided by Serato.
Simon Love Carter 5:01 PM - 9 December, 2013
Since here there a lot of people discussing. No one is talking about the possibility to have the 100% compatibility for maveriks. It's weird because no one is talking about it!
Bobby B 5:44 PM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
All I wanna see in Serato DJ is less MIDI-bugs. Try to hook up a Novation Launchpad in a Sixty-Two Setup and you'll see what I mean ;) Light stop glowing, functions on the Sixty-Two stop working, and so on if these two meet each other in a setup, even with the Launchpad mapping provided by Serato.

I was afraid of that. I don't have specific controllers with SDJ. It would be the first tome with the software for me. I use the SL3 interface with SSL and I have ben happy with it for the past 3 years. I initially had glitches with crashes and stuff but with the help of the mods and a few tweaks it straighter out and zero issues from then on. I do have the novation Dicers and and Kontrol X1 mapped to my liking for SSL and I had decided to map for SDJ as well when it will be available in the beta version for the SL3 interface. Now I would really wait to see what happens until the full stable release. Thanks for letting us know bro!!

Quote:
Since here there a lot of people discussing. No one is talking about the possibility to have the 100% compatibility for maveriks. It's weird because no one is talking about it!

Simon, I'm on mavericks on my mac. I even have gigged once on it without zero issues (KNOCK ON WOOD) so far but it will work. Secondly they are planning to support SSL in the future on mavericks. The Mods also have a sticky on this about support on mavericks OS.

Besides The sera to guys have their hands full at the moment with merging of SSL & SDJ to single code base and with many users requesting features and fixes required which I guess they are working on until the full release in feb 2014 for the full release of SDJ with DVS.

I Think i'm developing OCD here for even the beta release just to get comfortable with it. Can't for it to even just try it out!!!! Hurry Serato plss..!!!
Bobby B 5:45 PM - 9 December, 2013
EDIT: I have been checking on serato web page almost every day just for a glimmer on the news of when is the release!!
FighteRanger 7:55 PM - 9 December, 2013
yea, its not this week via Serato Twitter
PorkyG 8:33 PM - 9 December, 2013
Quote:
All my issues amount to simple things I miss from SSL. Cue point labeling is huge for me being I spent the time labeling sooooo many tracks. Then again the features that SDJ add kind of overshadow such a simple feature and I find myself getting so creatively involved with the new I can let the other features that I hold so dear go for now. I would have to say the layout is the next thing I would change given the opportunity but again I can make do and given the choice between my preferred layout and what has been brought to the table I would choose the new time & again. I know some people who are suffering from issues would argue saying "fix what you have before you add to it" but I am one of those fortunate to have no stability issues. I have a 82,000 track library and growing so I would call that large and I by no means take it easy on my sets so I do feel I am a good enough source to say that it can be done given the proper planning ahead, optimization, & tweaking................. above all sacrifice. I make no excuses for Serato and I feel in due time they will get everything straight but for the time being I have two identical laptops 2012 MBP 2.9 GHZ 16 GB RAM (only difference is SSD on one but not the other) one I use for everyday use & backup DJ rig (the 750 GB HDD) and the other I use exclusively for DJing. SSL, SDJ, Rekordbox, Traktor, Mixed In Key, Platinum Notes, MP3 Repair+, & Ableton are the ONLY software found and I ONLY connect to the internet to update the software. I also don't keep any music on my laptops themselves.................. neither of them. Many would say internal would be best and for actual performance reasons I would agree but for my purposes the external HDD's are the only option and the USB 3.0 is plenty fast for me. I plan to make the switch and utilize the thunderbolt SOON again as I have done in the past but this is an after the holidays thing for time alone.

Back on topic (although what I said kind of was) I would LOVE to see Traktor style remix decks but in all fairness to Serato and their innovative ways I fuly believe we are in for something better.

There is no cue point labeling in SDJ? That's not huge for me, I can go by colors but that does make me realize all the tracks I labeled will feel like time wasted although I know in reality it wasn't because I got my use out of it but still that feeling of all that time disappears.

I have to be honest I didn't really look into the tidbits of what SDJ brings, I will read up on it once 1.6 drops.
DjRoo-1 12:21 AM - 10 December, 2013
Shame, woke up this morning to find the December newsletter email in my inbox with the news of Serato mini (what about us Android users?) and still no Beta mentions, tick tock, tick tock...
deejdave 1:22 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
Shame, woke up this morning to find the December newsletter email in my inbox with the news of Serato mini (what about us Android users?) and still no Beta mentions, tick tock, tick tock...

There was no support for android tablets with Serato Remote so why would you expect it for Serato DJ Remote Mini? I swear this is not to try to start a debate o mac Vs. PC but with the fact of Serato working better on Mac in mind (again I didn't make it this way nor do I agree it should be this way) this is probably an attempt steer this toward Mac users only. I understand it is still able to be used with PC and if it works for you more power to you but I am merely suggesting an attempt of influence. The infinite variables make for a risky gamble with Serato & Windows PC as is and adding Serato Remote to the mix would create even more stress I suppose. I mean what other reason would there be as it would only bring more revenue in to do otherwise........................ BUT would it be worth the headaches brought on by alternate methods.
deejdave 1:23 AM - 10 December, 2013
Actually don't answer that LOL I didn't even stop to think just how far off topic that post was.
discovietnam 1:51 AM - 10 December, 2013
remember back when serato was a company that made products for actual djs? Seems they mostly make toys & iphone apps for children these days. two turntables & a mixer, guys..its not that hard.
pdidy 2:22 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
remember back when serato was a company that made products for actual djs? Seems they mostly make toys & iphone apps for children these days. two turntables & a mixer, guys..its not that hard.

and there lies the beauty of a public forum. Anybody can voice their opinion, even if they are completely wrong......lol
deejdave 2:25 AM - 10 December, 2013
In a way you are correct but on the other hand you just verified that time has in fact lapsed you. The Serato DJ app is in no way trivial and to that fact is a lot harder to understand than TT's themselves. The app in NO WAY automates ANYTHING for you nor does it take away any of the tasks from the DJ themselves. It actually enables the DJ to manipulate the music if a manner far more advanced than previously available. As far as apps Remote is the only one they make and in terms of toys we wouldn't be implying that Serato makes hardware of any kind would we? Lastly you were correct in one statement. 2 turntables & a mixer are certainly not that hard. Don't get me wrong I have my limits but to simply cut off my opportunities for creativity due to stubbornness or ignorance seems unwise to me. Now that it is for iphone I am sure there will be many more people who will be aware of its benefit. Then again this implies they have sold out on life itself and accepted the concept of a smart phone.
DjRoo-1 4:02 AM - 10 December, 2013
Personally I'm not bothered by mac vs ps or any platform vs platform. I use a macbook pro for dj'ing live, a desktop pc for other work projects and an android phone because i prefer it for my own uses. It was really just a side comment as to why I won't be seeing it anytime soon. the main thing was seeing the newsletter with bold red DECEMBER title and no 1.6 :D

I'm a patient guy tho
Culprit 7:31 PM - 10 December, 2013
I will never own an iphone so this product is not or never will be for me. I thought Serato DJ was a priority lol
deejdave 8:04 PM - 10 December, 2013
One of the advantages to sticking with apple across the boards. Don't get me wrong I do have PC's and I also have an android for my business line but I actually have two iphones (three counting my GF's LOL), one iPad, two MacBook Pro's and will be picking up the Mac Pro for the house as soon as I move i in May of next year. Not fanboy as i say to each their own but definitely a fan.
hologram 8:32 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
One of the advantages to sticking with apple across the boards. Don't get me wrong I do have PC's and I also have an android for my business line but I actually have two iphones (three counting my GF's LOL), one iPad, two MacBook Pro's and will be picking up the Mac Pro for the house as soon as I move i in May of next year. Not fanboy as i say to each their own but definitely a fan.

<-- works in IT field.
<-- bought family Macs 5+ years ago, never got a support call from home again..ever.
<-- I guess I'm a fan boy
deejdave 8:45 PM - 10 December, 2013
LMAO. I feel the same way.................. but I just had to "go there" as I am pretty sure that is what would come of my statement if not attacked by myself personally. I use what works. PERIOD. To me it seems so simple. The term itself is thrown around so often when a user has an issue with something and they are consistently bombarded by the same comments from a specific group of users who are not experiencing these issues. Now instead of simply realizing MAYBE there is a reason for such a large amount of these users being problem free in the first place. Throughout the years I have unbiasedly weeded out what doesn't work and have replaced it with what does. I didn't end up with Macs because I like the little fruit logo and I also don't use iPhones because they are cheap. I use the macs because they work and work well and I use the iPhones because they follow suit. Not to mention it just fits with everything I do on a daily basis as well as my careers & hobby's.
DJ TwoCities 9:07 PM - 10 December, 2013
yeah what culprit said lol I don't really like anything apple very much and just noticed that when I installed itunes all my whitelabel tracks were shown at 32 kbps and I had to get rid of it so they will show at 320 kbps. I was disappointed that it didn't improve my experience in DJ and not really interested in anything that is apple. Apple is a huge rip off artist because they make ppl think you have to get your hardware replacement /upgrade from them for the over priced marked up cost and you don't. Lets get 1.6 out and to hell with this remote mini etc. etc. etc. Apple has never been able to do what both Linux and Windows have been able to do and that is support a wide range of hardware in many different configurations. I say ok they have a good product but that doesn't mean that they are the best product. I don't see apple really moving forward since Jobs is dead now. He was the visionary that made them what they are now. I say get off their jock Serato and if you are not going to be fair and create apps for windows or even android then don't make them for ios.

I have PC's in my house and I am the Network admin. I removed the ability of users to install software so now no viruses, malware crashes etc. and haven't had to do much at all on my network. Hence I do basically what apple has done which is not to allow the user to screw up the system by installing risky and dangerous software. I am the only one that updates the systems or make any changes. This has reduced my need to play rescue IT to 0% and have time to enjoy using and not fixing repairing etc. Most issues on PC's are created by users and their stupidity of installing bs software with worms, key loggers, malware and other malicious software on their systems. My wife has an Ipod and only 1 system has the itunes on it for the management of that ipod. I have no plans to spend a fortune on an ipad or iphone
Mr. Goodkat 9:15 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
yeah what culprit said lol I don't really like anything apple very much and just noticed that when I installed itunes all my whitelabel tracks were shown at 32 kbps and I had to get rid of it so they will show at 320 kbps.

from THIS website

''Only Serato DJ, Scratch Live and ITCH will play a "wl.mp3" file with a high grade 320kpbs performance, meaning only professional DJs will be promoting your music.

The unique file extension that appears as "wl.mp3" allows you to audition the audio on your everyday mp3 player with low quality 32kpbs playback.''
deejdave 9:17 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
yeah what culprit said lol I don't really like anything apple very much and just noticed that when I installed itunes all my whitelabel tracks were shown at 32 kbps and I had to get rid of it so they will show at 320 kbps.

You do know that the ONLY way to get your whitelabel files to play at 320 is with a Serato interface connected and it has nothing to do with iTunes right? That being said I hate iTunes as well.

Quote:
I say get off their jock Serato and if you are not going to be fair and create apps for windows or even android then don't make them for ios.

The reality is they claim to be professional and try to cater to professionals and they have to come to terms with reality that most professionals use Mac products. I didnt make this up it is a fact sorry.
deejdave 9:23 PM - 10 December, 2013
This was such a widely known fact it really puts everything else you just said into question even without knowing for a fact that what you said is based on opinion and not fact. Not to mention even without knowing the whitelabel requirement you truly never noticed the music sounded like crap when listening to them in the preview player while managing your library without the interface connected?
DJ TwoCities 9:46 PM - 10 December, 2013
I run my files only in DJ and thought hummmm why don't I install itunes and see what this remote mini is all about... well I disabled itunes library and uninstalled itunes as I don't want my wl tracks running in a low quality 32kbps. I would never use itunes to play my files just because I don't really like itunes that much. I don't choose to use itunes but had to install it because all of apples crap needs it to use apple crap. I would have thought since I am running DJ and it is still the same file that DJ would scale it up, but that was not the case. even my wl files were showing as 32kbps even after I disabled itunes library and remained so until I played them without itunse enabled. So no mini for me lol
deejdave 9:51 PM - 10 December, 2013
The wl files will show up as 32kbps files unless your Serato interface is connected. Period. That is the what they are designed to do. Otherwise this would be Serato simply handing out music for free illegally.
DJ TwoCities 9:56 PM - 10 December, 2013
yeah Dave you are right but for the amount you can get pc's or pc laptops (not the cheap ones for the everyday user) and they are on par with the macbook's. Gamer rigs are some of the best rigs period because everything is high end as the games require that to run as intended. Companies like hp compaq, Dell etc. make most of their money selling lower end equipment to the masses thus what we tend to see a lot of are in the $200 - $800 price range laptops flooding the marketplace. For around $2000 you get a machine that will run just as well as any Mac without any issues as long as you follow a simple practice of not installing a bunch of crap on it.
DJ TwoCities 9:59 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
The wl files will show up as 32kbps files unless your Serato interface is connected. Period. That is the what they are designed to do. Otherwise this would be Serato simply handing out music for free illegally.

I had my Serato controller hooked up and was mixing the files not just listening to them and they were at 32kbps until I got rid of itunes period. I never said I didn't have my controller hooked up. I keep it hooked up to the box it's currently hook to all ways unless I'm mobile and using my laptop. so to see 32kbps in DJ even after I disabled itunes library support was disappointment to say the least.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:14 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
yeah Dave you are right but for the amount you can get pc's or pc laptops (not the cheap ones for the everyday user) and they are on par with the macbook's. Gamer rigs are some of the best rigs period because everything is high end as the games require that to run as intended. Companies like hp compaq, Dell etc. make most of their money selling lower end equipment to the masses thus what we tend to see a lot of are in the $200 - $800 price range laptops flooding the marketplace. For around $2000 you get a machine that will run just as well as any Mac without any issues as long as you follow a simple practice of not installing a bunch of crap on it.

Not with serato software!! totally different game and Mac leads by far...
deejdave 10:15 PM - 10 December, 2013
When you say "to see 32kbps in DJ" what do you actually mean? The files display 320 kbps whether there is an interface connected or not, Remote being used or not etc. They always display as 320 they simply don't play as 320 without an interface and Remote should not affect this in any way. Again I use Mac so it is easy for me to say this but I am not sure on your end as I have never experienced that.

I would agree on the gaming level and even go a step further and say PC's are superior to Mac's on the gaming end. I use PC's as well for entertainment purposes (media). The fact remains that the second my livelihood is involved the need for Mac comes into play for my purposes. Again to each his own and certain individuals have luck when going with PC & serato but for me it was a gamble as to "get lucky" with PC (again I know it DOES happen) or go with something I know I will have little to no issues with. I made a choice and I have been welcomed with 100% problem free operation since SDJ's release in the midst of seeing all the issues reported. 85K + tracks and still no issues. I know there are some that say 85K is small and a "real DJ" needs 500,000 tracks but that is a ridiculous lie and I would never need more than what I have. maybe 3 times in 16 years have I had to say "I don't have that song sorry"
DJ TwoCities 10:41 PM - 10 December, 2013
No they were showing as 32kbps after I installed itunes and enabled the itunes library. I was like WTH, Oh H 2 the NAW... then itunes got the boot. They are now showing at 320kbps and I plan to keep them that way.

Now on choice I agree and I don't say don't get or use mac, I just choose not to support them because of some decisions they have made as to what they will support or not support. I know flash can be risky when you have idiots clicking on everything that says click here... and they are attacked hacked or infected... but it's the users choice as to what they will and will not do. If I did it by clicking on something that I shouldn't have clicked on that isn't Microsoft's fault it's mine. If I install some shady software from the internet that has been cracked and it steals my cc info etc. than that's my fault not Microsoft's. I agree that Mac is a good platform but you do know there are tech for mac just as there are techs for pc's. This means they do have problems but the limited driver base because of the limited hardware pool reduces problems with mac's. Once again Microsoft has done an amazing job being able to support such a huge pool of both hardware and drivers.. by the way if it isn't related to malware / viruses (user created issue) than it is a driver problem with pc's. I suggest to anyone if you are using a pc for Serato / Traktor, do not use that rig as a download, internet surfing, button clicking rig... get on another rig and do that. Once you have your rig stable their is really no reason to update with every os update that is out there. This will keep your system stable. I have yet to have any real issues with windows 7 pc or windows 7 tablet to date, and DJ runs great for me. I guess I have been lucky.
Mr. Goodkat 11:59 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
No they were showing as 32kbps after I installed itunes and enabled the itunes library. I was like WTH, Oh H 2 the NAW... then itunes got the boot. They are now showing at 320kbps and I plan to keep them that way.

mind bottling. you realize they are the same files, and while maybe some do, rarely would anyone need to organize by bitrate, so if they say 78 or 6994, they are the same file.
DJ TwoCities 12:44 AM - 11 December, 2013
I know it's the same file but is Serato's decompression hardware reading it properly so it plays at 320kbps ??? not sure so taking no chances itunes changed added dates to my files and most of my wl files have today's date as date added and the the original added date. Too many changes and questions for me. I am resolved to continue without any apple stuff at this time. I may go Mac Book Pro in the future, if as Dave said I feel the need to for whatever reason that Apple is a better solution for me. I don't organize by bitrate but I do have it showing as some of my older files are 128kbps and I haven't replaced them yet... this keeps me from playing them until they have been replaced.

The one thing I miss about the good old days is going to the record shop and buying that vinyl, running home and playing them. Imports were so hot and the latest and remixes were always tops on my must have list. I stopped spinning for a long time but decided to start again as I missed the creativity that spinning gave me. Now I'm digital but it's all good as I love technology as well. But thank you all for the info and the clarity that you have brought to the discussion.
mr187 1:56 AM - 11 December, 2013
Quote:
if you need a BIG library take a STRONG computer has enough RAM to support your library...or else cut it down to the essentials.

you must not have been reading the forums. Lot of us have mac pros with i7 3ghz processors and 16 gb of ram and SDJ still just disappears like on my 2006 macbook. No matter what computer we have SDJ can't use over 2gb ram.

Quote:
Every gig does not need 10,000 songs...imagine back in REAL vinyl days LOL

you can go well beyond really if you play different genres of music and different kinds of clubs in the vinyl days I had a old Ambulance that I had my vinyl organised in and took Only what I thought I needed and sometime still had to go back for other stuff *sigh* that was the good old days and some of the stuff I did.
BeatWiz 6:07 AM - 11 December, 2013
I'm a mobile DJ. When getting gigs at private parties etc you basically compete with the option of them putting on the music themselves. Anyone can stream music from Spotify, Pandora, YouTube etc. there you have access to millions of songs. Pretty much any obscure request can be found there.

If I come in as a DJ and can't play many of the requests then it puts a dent in the image of me as a professional. It's just the new reality as a mobile DJ that we are competing with streaming services for the entertainment. Think that's why many, including me, are pushing the limits for library size. I know Serato is working on the large library issue. Really hope that they can come fix it once and for all sometime in 2014.
Andrei Matei 2:18 AM - 17 December, 2013
It's here!!!!!

serato.com
DJ TwoCities 2:21 AM - 17 December, 2013
yep Serato let us have it... what a company, keeping their customers happy. I'm a happy camper now.
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:23 AM - 17 December, 2013
Merry Xmas.

serato.com
DJ TwoCities 2:30 AM - 17 December, 2013
loving it.... MERRY XMAS BACK AT YOU SERATO AND STAFF.... LOVE YALL
hologram 6:48 PM - 17 December, 2013
Thank you!
djmel 3:46 AM - 18 December, 2013
i keep getting this when i start it up...i cant even use this joint....smh

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SeratoDJ.exe
Application Version: 1.6.0.2946
Application Timestamp: 52af6fce
Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5098858e
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 000a327c
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d74
Additional Information 2: 8d748d900909705e0ae4834870483c2c
Additional Information 3: c356
Additional Information 4: c356efaa84c51e38847fbc9309fe7eb5
Culprit 7:55 PM - 18 December, 2013
This is not the beta forum post there
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:36 PM - 18 December, 2013
Hi djmel, please post your findings in the 1.6 beta area. That is the best place to discuss your issues with the 1.6 version :)

Regards
djmel 2:53 AM - 19 December, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

yes sir
Bobby B 4:31 PM - 20 December, 2013
THANK YOU Serato!!!! Early Christmas for me and Merry XMAS to Serato and All and Happy Holidays!!!