Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

FX Parameters - how to save them?

Product
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Kristian Valdini 11:28 AM - 22 November, 2013
I have tried adjusting some of the parameters of the new 'Chip' FX within the single view... but when I go to the triple view (with the other effects) the changes that I made are lost and it reverts back to the original settings?

Any ideas?

K
Kristian Valdini 4:10 PM - 25 November, 2013
I guess this to be a 'No' then Serato mods?

K
1:37 AM, 26 Nov 2013
Discussion moved to Pioneer Hardware Help
Kristian Valdini 4:47 AM - 26 November, 2013
Surely the FX parameters (which are download from expansion packs) are a software issue, not a hardware issue. The knobs wil control the depth, but it must be up to the software to 'save' the last setting I would have thought?

K
Pete Input 11:35 AM - 26 November, 2013
You can't save them.
Kristian Valdini 4:08 PM - 26 November, 2013
So when you have harsh sounding effects like the noise/synth sweeps in the new chip pack that need smoothing off, you cannot alter them for use unless you are in single FX mode?

That is plain crazy?

K
Serato, Support
Mak T 1:02 AM - 27 November, 2013
Hey Kristian Valdini

Thanks for your patience. I'm a bit confused here, Could you please clarify - Are using the Serato DJ software along with the Serato Remote or are you using the Serato DJ software with just your controller? What you are describing sounds like you are just working without the iPad.

If you are working with the iPad, you will not have any 'Save' or 'Preset' functionality within the Remote application. However in the Serato DJ software, presets or settings set will definitely be saved.

Let me know :)

Cheers

Mak T
Kristian Valdini 2:41 AM - 27 November, 2013
Thanks for getting back Mak, am using SDJ with the SX.

K