Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

when i click the video button in serato,serato video crashes

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Rane TTM 57SL
Host
Scratch Live
Version
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJ.T.BOOGIE 1:36 PM - 14 November, 2013
gateway model m-1626 4gb ram 98gb free on hard drive windows vista home premium
serato scratch live and serato video

the preview window shows up but not the output window.serato video has stopped workin eror shows in a window sayin windows will close and notify you if a solution is available not even the promo video content will play

I tried with offline player and with ttm57 connected same results ..also no effects are showin in video menu.

thanks for the help got a new computer tryin to set up so i can have a backup plan since my aple has to go in for repairs
Dj ListenDat 2:17 PM - 14 November, 2013
Windows Vista (32 bit).....are you kidding us loool man put a win7 forgot your vista
+ give more info about your hardware cause saying "gateway model m-1626" don't help that much
DJ.T.BOOGIE 2:24 PM - 14 November, 2013
wow its tht bad huh..lol
like i say my mb has to go in ..fan went out on left side and its running rough so i gotta do something for the mean time.

so you think vista is the problem? i thought serato was only 32 bit anyways ...my cpu can run 64 bit though and its hdmi so i thought it would work
2:25 PM, 14 Nov 2013
DJ.T.BOOGIE attached a file: SeratoVideo.exe.5028.dmp
Download· Permalink
DJ.T.BOOGIE 2:30 PM - 14 November, 2013
my bad ..what else you need to know :
processor amd turion 64 x2 mobile technology tl-60 2.00ghz
mmory ram 4.00 gb
service pack 2
2:31 PM, 14 Nov 2013
DJ.T.BOOGIE attached a file: SeratoVideo.exe.3972.dmp
Download· Permalink
2:31 PM, 14 Nov 2013
DJ.T.BOOGIE attached a file: SeratoVideo.exe.3972.dmp
Download· Permalink
Code:E 9:54 PM - 14 November, 2013
Quote:
processor amd turion 64 x2 mobile technology tl-60 2.00ghz
mmory ram 4.00 gb
service pack 2

All your problems right there

Serato doesn't play well with AMD
Your ram is lacking (but usable).
You OS is horrible.

What video card do you have?
Dj ListenDat 1:52 AM - 15 November, 2013
which video card in fact ? Remove every codecs installed then install Lav Filters (google it)
Then if you have nvidia video card use Cuvid hardware acceleration in lav video decoder configuration. Otherwise use DXVA2CB if you have an ATI video card
Code:E 4:10 AM - 15 November, 2013
DJ.T.BOOGIE You should take every piece of advice from DJ ListenDat because he is the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to Serato Video on a PC.
Dj ListenDat 1:42 PM - 15 November, 2013
Quote:
DJ.T.BOOGIE You should take every piece of advice from DJ ListenDat because he is the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to Serato Video on a PC.

Wow thank you :p :$
Serato, Support
Mak T 8:33 PM - 18 November, 2013
Hey DJ.T.Boogie,

Thanks for your patience. Have you tried any of the suggestions that DJ ListenDat has suggested?

Cheers

Mak T
DJ.T.BOOGIE 8:57 PM - 20 November, 2013
internet was down ..bad storms over on the east .. wil try and let you guys know..
thanks everyone for the help
DJ.T.BOOGIE 11:00 AM - 21 November, 2013
ok did lav filters no luck...wasnt sure if i was supposed to uninstall quicktime so i didnt since i think sserato video uses it .correct me if im wrong though.. gonna have to upgrade windows next i guess
again thanks guys for helping me
Dj ListenDat 12:01 PM - 21 November, 2013
did you remove every other codecs present in your system before putting LAV ? (ffdshow, k-lite pack etc...)
Dj ListenDat 12:02 PM - 21 November, 2013
install this and ensure lav is used for all audio files : www.codecguide.com
DJ.T.BOOGIE 2:53 PM - 15 December, 2013
ok so windows 7 did help the problem .now i will have to check the codecs i guess cause its freezing up but vids are showing