DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New DJ, New Mix, Open to All Criticism

DJ Trevy Trev 4:43 AM - 12 November, 2013
New my particular genre of music but I want to be well rounded and not just one dimensional.

Like the subject heading says, all criticism is appreciated! I'm fairly new to DJ-ing and would like the opinion of other DJ's rather than my friends who think practically anything sounds good.

soundcloud.com

Thanks for looking.
DJ Trevy Trev 5:54 AM - 12 November, 2013
Not my*
Discobee 7:31 AM - 12 November, 2013
Could use some work in the following areas:

1. Phrasing...several transitions went vocals over vocals
2. Level control....many of the incoming songs began too high rather than a nice gradual entry
3. Song selection....some songs just didn't flow nicely together...Katy Perry Roar ~ J Cole Workout; What's My Name ~ Dangerous ~ Call Me Maybe.....but that's just my own ears and could be a subjective opinion.

Practice makes perfect : )
Discobee 7:33 AM - 12 November, 2013
and the Call Me Maybe ~ Please Don't Stop The Music was a little yikesy too....lol.
DJ Trevy Trev 7:39 AM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
Could use some work in the following areas:

1. Phrasing...several transitions went vocals over vocals
2. Level control....many of the incoming songs began too high rather than a nice gradual entry
3. Song selection....some songs just didn't flow nicely together...Katy Perry Roar ~ J Cole Workout; What's My Name ~ Dangerous ~ Call Me Maybe.....but that's just my own ears and could be a subjective opinion.

Practice makes perfect : )

WOW YOU'RE SUCH A HATER!! Jk jk hahaha but okay I will take note of all of this. I do need to look out for incoming volume levels I've noticed that.

Appreciate the feed back!
RobDJ dotcom 8:06 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
WOW YOU'RE SUCH A HATER!! Jk jk hahaha!

Better tread lightly young Jedi. Bee went way out on a limb and gave you some very useful advice. The most kind and constructive I think I've ever seen around here. Watch those jokes. I'm sure you mean well but trust and believe there are 1,000 haters just waiting for a chance to go flame on for fresh blood like you.

PS- I'm gonna agree with Discobee. I feel pretty much the same. Not bad at all for early work. Freshen it up on those parts suggested an get us something new and improved.
DJ Trevy Trev 8:26 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Better tread lightly young Jedi. Bee went way out on a limb and gave you some very useful advice. The most kind and constructive I think I've ever seen around here. Watch those jokes. I'm sure you mean well but trust and believe there are 1,000 haters just waiting for a chance to go flame on for fresh blood like you.

PS- I'm gonna agree with Discobee. I feel pretty much the same. Not bad at all for early work. Freshen it up on those parts suggested an get us something new and improved.

Didn't know the hazing here was that strong lol. Duly noted. Appreciate the feedback though and thank you both for your time!
CMOS 8:52 PM - 12 November, 2013
This site makes Incognito look like a priest.
djpuma_gemini 9:17 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
This site makes Incognito look like a southern baptist priest.

Yup
DJ Trevy Trev 10:17 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
This site makes Incognito look like a priest.

Hahahah. I'll keep a cautious eye out then. That's pretty severe.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:20 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't know the hazing here was that strong lol. Duly noted. Appreciate the feedback though and thank you both for your time!
yes you did thats why yiu have two seperate user accounts!!!
DJ Trevy Trev 10:33 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, not particularly lol. Wouldn't have posted my mix and be open to criticism if I thought that was the case. However, I do admire your knowledge of putting two and two together! You are smart.......and you have just earned yourself a cookie my friend.

realmomkitchen.com
DJ Remix Detroit 10:35 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, not particularly lol. Wouldn't have posted my mix and be open to criticism if I thought that was the case. However, I do admire your knowledge of putting two and two together! You are smart.......and you have just earned yourself a cookie my friend.

realmomkitchen.com

aww shit mane
RobDJ dotcom 11:08 PM - 12 November, 2013
Should I say "flame on" in reference to here come the non stop way too long quotes again?
RobDJ dotcom 11:09 PM - 12 November, 2013
F this BS Trev. Hit your turntables, or $99 controller, and give us a new and improved mix!
DJ Trevy Trev 11:09 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
Should I say "flame on" in reference to here come the non stop way too long quotes again?

It might be that time. Hopefully not, as I was just seeking advice/comments on my mix lol. But now might be the time.
DJ Trevy Trev 11:10 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
F this BS Trev. Hit your turntables, or $99 controller, and give us a new and improved mix!

Will do! I'll post back in here.