Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Shift a loop (slightly to the left or right)

DJ Koz 9:47 PM - 7 November, 2013
Please add the ability to move an actual live loop slightly to the left or right.

I don't want to change the size or shift it an entire loop. There is a way to do that already.

Just want to be able to slightly move it left or right.
Kristian Valdini 8:29 AM - 8 November, 2013
Just adjust the loop 'in' and 'out' points.... I do it quote a lot when looping older disco/funk tracks to tighten up the auto loops.

K
DJ Koz 12:35 PM - 8 November, 2013
I'm looking for a way to edit both at the same time so they both move left and right simultaneously.
Mr Wilks 2:46 AM - 12 November, 2013
+1

Loop jump/skip would be welcome. Traktor has it and is useful.
DJ Koz 5:41 PM - 12 November, 2013
@Mr Wilks

Not sure if what you mentioned is the same.

What he's doing at 53 seconds into this video is what I am talking about. He just has a bad loop going.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Mr Wilks 9:14 PM - 12 November, 2013
Quote:
@Mr Wilks

Not sure if what you mentioned is the same.

What he's doing at 53 seconds into this video is what I am talking about. He just has a bad loop going.

Watchwww.youtube.com

Yeah, that's it. Shifting to the left or right on beat. I'd like to see something similar too.
DJ Koz 9:21 PM - 12 November, 2013
All it is doing is moving the loop slightly to the left and right.
Mr Wilks 9:25 PM - 12 November, 2013
It is.

And you can edit both start and end points at the same time in Traktor.

So it is a +1 from me.
DJ L1tn1ng 7:07 PM - 13 November, 2013
+1 VDJ does this as well. It is REALLY helpful; I can put on a beat-synced loop in-the-moment and then adjust it a bit if it sounds choppy.
DJ Koz 7:19 PM - 13 November, 2013
Exactly DJ L1tn1ng.

Also as we all know library management definitely has to improve. VDJ destroys Serato when it comes to library management.
DJ L1tn1ng 7:23 PM - 13 November, 2013
Quote:
Exactly DJ L1tn1ng.

Also as we all know library management definitely has to improve. VDJ destroys Serato when it comes to library management.

Is there a previous post for this feature recommendation? Link/sauce?
Adrianotic 8:14 PM - 9 December, 2013
This is really extremely important. It was possible with Itch...
swift807 12:18 AM - 7 January, 2014
+1
Jam-Master Jake 1:43 AM - 30 January, 2014
+1000
DJ Koz 4:57 PM - 13 August, 2014
Any word of this being something Serato can do?

If this and library management is like VDJ I will certainly be a Serato user.
nicolas59122 10:29 AM - 30 December, 2014
many + .... please, really and very useful
gav Clifton 3:40 PM - 18 January, 2015
+1 from me as well, compared to the other things added into serato this is a pretty basic yet very helpful tool
MilkieDJ 1:18 PM - 19 January, 2015
New user here and I've been looking for this. I didn't even think that it wouldn't be built in to Serato! Even my mixer can adjust loops, cannot believe Serato does not have this.

Need this! We shouldn't have to request it, it should've been built in.
djcaba 6:29 AM - 31 January, 2015
+2 hope to see a pioneer ddj sp1 firmware update to include this function midi mapped as well as many other functions on the "feature suggestions" sections.

...Hopefully before there's a ddj sp2 haha!

To be able to seamlessly store and play those loops into the sp6 sampler bank would be convenient too!
Mr Wilks 3:02 PM - 31 January, 2015
After all the gear Pio have out I've yet to see them release a firmware that doesn't just squash major bugs.

Fat chance of an enhancement to a controller. They just want you to keep their money machine going by buying new.

The SX could have done with strip search lock and cue loops function and all we got in its life cycle was a fix for the poor microphoneinput.

The SP-1 came out a year and a half ago and it has a fix for the velocity curve.

The worst bit of kit I ever owned and burned me with pioneer I'd the AppRadio 3 (DA-110). I know it's not Pioneer DJ but it's typical how they work. There is a major flaw with the unit and rather than fix it they bring out a new one and said if you want it to work buy a 2015 model. The model I have waa bought in September of last year and was meant to be future proof but the Mirrorlink spec changed and they refused to update the firmware leaving anyone that buys a new phone with a useless box in the dashboard (one that cost £300). A product that was on sale only four months ago is now useless. I'd never buy a car entertainment player again from them.

Owning CDJ 1000s, DJMs, SX, SP-1, headphones etc I think I'll start to look elsewhere for DJ gear. They've left me with a bitter taste in my mouth recently so think I've bought my last Pio product... Well that's unless they get their act together.