DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Stanton ST.150 or the Stanton STR8.150?

DJ DEXTEROUS D 12:39 PM - 7 November, 2013
What would you guys recommend me?

Thank you in advance!
Dj Mcwhite 3:13 PM - 7 November, 2013
I have the St. 150, the str8 is supposed to track better but wears out vinyl faster. Ive never had a problem with skipping on the st.150's, and the S tone arm looks better.
DJ DEXTEROUS D 6:02 PM - 7 November, 2013
S tone arm, you mean the not straight one right? I'm so confused cause I'm wondering which one to order :(
dj_soo 10:16 PM - 7 November, 2013
if you scratch a lot, get the straight arm, if you don't or aren't doing dmc level stuff the s arm will be fine
DJ DEXTEROUS D 10:17 PM - 7 November, 2013
I'll probably do both :/
dj_soo 10:29 PM - 7 November, 2013
then get the straight arm
HighTopFade 2:56 AM - 8 November, 2013
I read somewhere longer tonearms (S shaped) have better sound quality when playing vinyl. Not sure if theres any true to it.
A_Jack 9:15 AM - 8 November, 2013
I have the ST.150s also and have never had any skipping issues. Very solid tables and look good too.
DJ DEXTEROUS D 11:16 AM - 8 November, 2013
Thank you guys, I'm somehow still confused..
Joee 3:39 PM - 8 November, 2013
Quote:

i'm gonna make simple, a s shape tone arm will give you better sound quality, a straight tone arm will give you better skip resistance when skratchin

that being said if your using serato scratchLive/serato dj……..the sound quality thing with the s arm makes no difference because to sound is only going to sound as good as the mp3 file your using

if your playing real vinyl not serato time code vinyl than you might want to go with the s shape, if you rplaying serato time code most of the time, you might want the strait arm for better skip resistance i.e. better cuttin/skracthin
Cisco El Nino 4:37 PM - 8 November, 2013
i had this debate on skratchlounge.com consensus seem to be st8.150 FTW.

www.skratchlounge.com
Cisco El Nino 4:37 PM - 8 November, 2013
proper link

www.skratchlounge.com
DJ DEXTEROUS D 5:25 PM - 8 November, 2013
Thank you Cisco!
DJ DEXTEROUS D 5:26 PM - 8 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

i'm gonna make simple, a s shape tone arm will give you better sound quality, a straight tone arm will give you better skip resistance when skratchin

that being said if your using serato scratchLive/serato dj……..the sound quality thing with the s arm makes no difference because to sound is only going to sound as good as the mp3 file your using

if your playing real vinyl not serato time code vinyl than you might want to go with the s shape, if you rplaying serato time code most of the time, you might want the strait arm for better skip resistance i.e. better cuttin/skracthin

You are 100% right!
Asu 12:15 AM - 6 February, 2014
getting the Stanton ST.150 my self...i'm no heavy scratcher ,thanks for the info guys
DJ Quartz 6:01 AM - 7 February, 2014
I've owned/used Stanton ST-150's since 2004 and I have a set that stay just in the studio.

I've never looked back since, I can scratch, juggle, etc. just fine on the S arm.
Laz219 7:56 AM - 7 February, 2014
Never had an issue with the S arms, straight arms just feel foreign to me.
DJ Quartz 2:19 PM - 7 February, 2014
I was going to say I actually have a ST8-150 on my ripping station because they had no more ST's in stock that day.
Asu 7:50 PM - 7 February, 2014
Quote:
I've owned/used Stanton ST-150's since 2004 and I have a set that stay just in the studio.

I've never looked back since, I can scratch, juggle, etc. just fine on the S arm.

Quote:
Never had an issue with the S arms, straight arms just feel foreign to me.

^^^good to know from experienced minds