DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Attention! Coming Soon hitmultitracks.com

DJ Mikefury 12:42 AM - 10 March, 2006
Whaddup everyone!

I have some cool inside scoop for a brand new music download site. The site is called hitmultitracks.com and it will be available april 1st. What it is, its a site where you can download the raw tracks from current artist such as 50 cent, etc. What does this mean? It means you can get the hit song in its raw form, all seperated tracks so remixing can be more flexible. check out the site for more info. www.hitmultitracks.com
DJVigor 1:50 AM - 10 March, 2006
BYE
SloMocean 1:55 AM - 10 March, 2006
not much info on the website... sounds interesting (if it's legal, that is)
DJ Mikefury 1:59 AM - 10 March, 2006
it actually is..they have already made deals with the major labels. I know the info is limited but it will open up very soon.
SloMocean 2:04 AM - 10 March, 2006
I'm curious to learn more... guess I gotta wait til april first to get the scoop

or the "April Fools you f&cking idiot!" ... whichever comes first...
DJ Mikefury 2:07 AM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
I'm curious to learn more... guess I gotta wait til april first to get the scoop

Haha its going to be very cool..in fact I would like to see what ppl think of this idea since one of its main target audience is DJs. I only ask cuz my friend is one of the partners. So What do y'all think?
djHSL 2:13 AM - 10 March, 2006
If it is quality (ie, no 192kbps crap) and legit (backed by endorsements from labels) then I think it is a fantastic idea.
SloMocean 2:16 AM - 10 March, 2006
Yeah, it sounds wicked cool if it pans out...
DJ Mikefury 2:23 AM - 10 March, 2006
Cool..keep it coming!
anewsome 7:41 AM - 10 March, 2006
This will never happen. Apparently some of you think it could possibly happen, which is nice but you've probably been a little misled. Mark my words, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. If it does, I'll be happy to eat those words. Let the fun begin.
anewsome 7:43 AM - 10 March, 2006
I just thought about what I wrote and I've come back to add to it. THIS WILL NEVER FREAKING HAPPEN!.

That's all. Thanks.
mexicannnnnn 9:15 AM - 10 March, 2006
Hey Mike if your going to be at the Open Mic on Thursday, then you can tell me more about it.

(its DJ One37 btw.)
DJ Mikefury 1:12 PM - 10 March, 2006
I will be there! See you there!
bartaug 1:23 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
... april 1st......
Revolutionary 3:27 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
... april 1st......

Nice :)
nik39 4:02 PM - 10 March, 2006
anewsome, what do you mean?
mexicannnnnn 4:34 PM - 10 March, 2006
Whats the cost?
anewsome 5:18 PM - 10 March, 2006
Alright. I admit, I got hooked for about 30 seconds and I thought that something like this might be a possibilty. But then I came to my senses and posted that it will never happen.

Now I feel like you guys are poking fun at me, as in "Of course it's a joke anewsome, did you really take it seriously". Well if it's meant to be a joke sorry that I took it serious.

Thing is, when you post that here, you will actually hook some people, like it hooked me for 30 seconds. Then I realized what a joke it was.

So guys, if you are reading this thread and wondering if it might be for real, don't feel bad. I got hooked too for a moment. Then I realized this would never EVER happen legally. No way, no how. A handful of tracks from indie artists or big name artists on thier own labels, but NEVER EVER on a large scale in any way.

THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
nik39 5:20 PM - 10 March, 2006
What about digiwaxx for example?
anewsome 7:29 PM - 10 March, 2006
Does digiwaxx offer access to the individual premixed tracks to songs? Can you download the vocal track, drum track, keyboard tracks, etc for individual songs? Raw tracks? Are you kidding me? Instrumentals and acappellas maybe, I don't see any raw tracks there. Nor do I expect you ever will. Not on a large scale at least. And yes, I've seen the one off raw tracks from a handful of artists who want their fans doing remixes and making their own bootlegg materials.
nik39 7:33 PM - 10 March, 2006
I dont know what you mean with "premixed tracks". You can download instr+clean, often a dirty version and sometimes an accapella version.
nik39 7:34 PM - 10 March, 2006
Hm, okay, now I understand your point. You took the word "raw" tracks literally. I dont know if he meant it the way you understand it. It doesnt seem to me that way.
Cashless 7:37 PM - 10 March, 2006
I gotta kinda agree with anewsome. Raw tracks? Only one artist that I know of has ever even attempted to release such a thing, but later decided against it.
nik39 8:09 PM - 10 March, 2006
Yeah, I agree, I dont think you will get raw tracks ever.
lil pete 8:19 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
I just thought about what I wrote and I've come back to add to it. THIS WILL NEVER FREAKING HAPPEN!.

That's all. Thanks.

HAHAHAHA I agree...

It will never happen... most of the labels don't have individual parts for the songs. The artists have them, unless the studio leaks them out... Also the label would never give them out. If they did... the labels would never sell a cd single with a remix on it... Cause you would find 80,000,000 bootleg remixes by DJ Ham and DJ Egg on the internet.
anewsome 8:59 PM - 10 March, 2006
Anyone remember the Grey album? Labels were coming out of their shoes trying to stop that thing. Imagine that multiplied by 100,000.

NEVER FREAKING HAPPEN!
anewsome 9:01 PM - 10 March, 2006
premix = individual parts of the composition, prior to being mixed down. maybe i should have said pre-mix. either way nik you're right. premixed was a bad choice of wording. premix usually means mixed already, which is what we normally get.
nik39 9:02 PM - 10 March, 2006
Hm, after re-reading the 1st post again, I share your views. He claims remixing will be easy with separate tracks.
lil pete 9:02 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:

NEVER FREAKING HAPPEN!

YEAH
DJ Mikefury 11:52 PM - 10 March, 2006
I would like to make it clear that this is not an April Fools joke! The fact that it will be launched on April fools is a coincidence. Whether this idea will succeed I don't know, depends on how many people will go for it. All I wanted to do was make it aware to everyone that a site like this will exist very soon. As for the cost I'm not sure we will have to find out.

Bottom line It's not a Joke!

As for the legal part of it, apparently all that legal mumbo jumbo has been taken care of.
nik39 12:01 AM - 11 March, 2006
What labels will you cover?
DJ Mikefury 12:11 AM - 11 March, 2006
At this point I'm not sure. I'm just the inside man for you guys. All I know is that the major labels will be the ones you will be able grab, so whatever is current right now in terms of major label stuff.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:50 AM - 11 March, 2006
is this gonna be free? or gonna cost $$
DJ Mikefury 1:27 AM - 11 March, 2006
I'm afraid it won't be free. We will find out what the cost will be soon.
anewsome 3:06 AM - 11 March, 2006
I'll be eating my words more than any one if this ever came to fruition but I am as close to certain as a person can be that it will never happen. Record labels would be horrified that unauthorized bootlegs of tracks would quickly sprout up on p2p networks, etc. This would abviously erode their profits and we know they can't have that. I just don't see it happening. When I think about all the tracks *featuring* other artists, as in artist A appears on artists B's single courtesy of label C? are u kidding me? Label A is gonna allow their artist's raw tracks to be downloaded from a website? I just don't see it. Prove me wrong, please.
DJ Kai 4:56 PM - 16 March, 2006
Hi Guys

I am one of the founders of www.hitmultitracks.com

We are launching April 1 and this is not a joke
anewsome 5:14 PM - 16 March, 2006
Still waiting to be proved wrong. Sillyness perpetuated.
Rebelguy 8:11 PM - 16 March, 2006
In theory they could do the site but I doubt it will be fully legit. No label would give a blanket release for all their products. This may be getting a nod of the head from the promotions side of things but I would love to see the clearance papers from the licensing department. It would be just like a record pool but on a larger scale.
DJ Kai 8:25 PM - 16 March, 2006
Rebelguy,

All leagal matters have been dealth with.

This is not a promo gimmick.

It is very real. On April 1st. go to the site & see.

You should think of the potential. SEPERATE TRACKS for the DJ's to remix and mix with.

This is an absolute dream come true.
anewsome 9:14 PM - 16 March, 2006
Quote:
Rebelguy,

All leagal matters have been dealth with.

This is not a promo gimmick.

It is very real. On April 1st. go to the site & see.

You should think of the potential. SEPERATE TRACKS for the DJ's to remix and mix with.

This is an absolute dream come true.

Oh, I'll agree that it is a dream come true,.. or rather that it would be a dream come true,.. if it were to ever really happen. Which I don't think it will.

I suppose after all the crap-talking I've been doing here about how impossible this thing is,.. I probably won't be able to get a membership :-) Do I look worried?
DJ Mikefury 10:13 PM - 16 March, 2006
Hey all,

My name is Steven Crooks,and I am hear to tell you all that hitmultitracks is very real.
tito for any remixers looking for new shots ? check the site

this is no joke.

www.hitmultitracks.com
nik39 10:18 PM - 16 March, 2006
Did someone accidentaly hit the repeat button?
anewsome 10:34 PM - 16 March, 2006
Mike Furry, DJ Kai and Steven Crooks are all certain this thing will happen. I can't help but laugh every time I go into this thread. I wish I knew these guys so I could personally tell them "I told you so" when this shit never gets off the ground. Giving them an "I told you so" over the Internet is oh-so not satisfying.

On the other hand if they do somehow manage to get this thing off the ground, I'll be glad to let them know where I am spinning so they can come tell me "I Told You So".
Dj Ryme 10:46 PM - 16 March, 2006
Im with you anewsome, I dont see how this can be possible, the labels would not approve of this at all.
anewsome 12:13 AM - 17 March, 2006
Does anyone know if they are hawking this scam on any other DJ forums? How are the guys on the other forums taking it. Are they getting hooked and believing in this thing or are they a bunch of "no freaking way" skeptics like me.

I mean, it *might* be a little more believable if the guys that are saying it's coming were actual participants here in the forum instead of quick hitters, who only post in this thread to try and gather some support for their service which will never get off the ground.
mexicannnnnn 12:20 AM - 17 March, 2006
Mike, I'll see you tonight and you can cover whats the deal with it.

(were both DJing an open mic event)
bootleg 1:28 AM - 17 March, 2006
Hey peter lee !!

they still don't believe...:)
DJ Kai 2:05 AM - 17 March, 2006
Watch this bootleg
anewsome 4:25 AM - 17 March, 2006
I just want everyone to know that this is my absolute favorite thread right now and probably will be for the near future!
DJLorrence 5:52 AM - 17 March, 2006
crooks. lol.
mexicannnnnn 6:17 AM - 17 March, 2006
Damn.. with all the drama at the event today I totally forgot to bring it up.

(had SSL freeze on my and Mike's laptop when playing AIFF files on CD's!!!)
DjXquizit 7:17 AM - 17 March, 2006
"Oh, and this isn't an 'April Fools' Joke'. How is possible we can do this - you ask?"

How is possible?

obviously its fake if they can't speak proper english.
lil pete 1:35 PM - 17 March, 2006
Quote:
My name is Steven Crooks

I ain't dealin with no Crooks!

I still don't see this happeining, unless it's artists like...
Buster Rhymz, Jay-V, 3Pac, 49 Cent, etc.

You know... like a real rolex for $5!
bootleg 4:59 PM - 21 March, 2006
coming soon!

keep checking the site for April 1st release.

Be one of the first to download our first major label artist!!

Peace
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 5:43 PM - 21 March, 2006
we have an appointment with our Tax guy on April 1st.
DJVigor 12:36 AM - 22 March, 2006
Quote:
BYE

its not gonna happen
anewsome 12:38 AM - 22 March, 2006
I wonder how many people have been hooked by this thread.

Multitrack guys, can you tell me what city you are located in?
mexicannnnnn 3:52 AM - 22 March, 2006
Well since my is close to Toronto... I assume Toronto or the GTA.
RiceCube 4:05 AM - 22 March, 2006
I'm betting that the site does have the multi-track versions of songs, but with a catch... The songs are all going to be from artists that you have never heard before so of course they want you to remix their shiznit since no big name producer will do it!

If an artist on their site blows up and goes big time, I bet their stuff will get pulled off the shelf so if you got their multi-tracks early, then you'll be in luck...but I don't think I'm going to be investing in this. I wish you guys the best of luck though and I hope I'm wrong but I honestly don't see how you could release the multi-track versions of popular songs.
mexicannnnnn 4:29 AM - 22 March, 2006
Quote:
Well since my is close to Toronto... I assume Toronto or the GTA.

my = Mike.
DJ Kai 9:36 PM - 22 March, 2006
It does not matter where this company is from.

There are some pretty amazing materials that will be release.

Matter of fact. You'll hear examples of remixes. This will blow you away.
anewsome 10:21 PM - 22 March, 2006
Quote:

There are some pretty amazing materials that will be release.

Matter of fact. You'll hear examples of remixes. This will blow you away.

Does not matter were the company is from? You are going to collect personal information, credit card info assumably, and when asked where the company is located in a public forum, you say it doesn't matter? WTF?

Sounds like a legit operation to me. Sign me up. Here's my AMEX Number:

3715-256451-40208, Expires 04/06

Thanks,
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 10:54 PM - 22 March, 2006
yo anewsome, what was your zip code and maiden name (trying to order that new TTM57SL yo :)
DJVigor 11:00 PM - 22 March, 2006
lol
lol
lol
DJVigor 11:01 PM - 22 March, 2006
is this www.hitmultitracks.com shit free

if it ever goes down
anewsome 11:49 PM - 22 March, 2006
Quote:
is this www.hitmultitracks.com shit free

if it ever goes down

Not gonna happen. Not on April 1st, not ever.
Revolutionary 12:00 AM - 23 March, 2006
Check your PMs, anewsome...
anewsome 12:47 AM - 23 March, 2006
I just did. I emailed them. We'll see what's really hood.
s42000 12:55 AM - 23 March, 2006
Quote:
Sounds like a legit operation to me. Sign me up. Here's my AMEX Number:

3715-256451-40208, Expires 04/06

Thanks,

Thanks, I just ordered that plasma tv I wanted. Should be here next week. Good luck with multitracks as well.
DJMark 1:08 AM - 23 March, 2006
Quote:

Let me guess...Russia? Yes, it does matter where the company is from.

The basic idea is not all that far-fetched, seeing as there's been 12-inch/CD-single releases with isolated song-parts for many years and more recently a number of online remix contests. I recently saw a CD-single (Kirstine W?) that not only had isolated remix parts but software to mix them with.
AKIEM 1:15 AM - 23 March, 2006
sounds like, instramental + a capella. and nothing else.

ha you think people are blathering about kanye kits now? oh man.

multi I doubt highly, semi-multi, maybe, full multi tracks never, talk about a fucked up mix? ha
AKIEM 1:27 AM - 23 March, 2006
why dont you dudes tell us exactly what the deal is?

with sampling laws, and p2p laws, and publeshing, I doubt you guys reversed all that inertia.

hey, Im a not very well know producer, some lps on several indie labels, Im not going to let anyone touch my multitracks, not even the mc, he dont get them. why would I let whowever and there moms sit down and try to show me up? why would I let a thousand fools tackle my samples? you think Im going to let kids fuck whith my drums? So why would Kanye, or Dre, or whoever?

me no buy

show n proove
capo di exmixah 5:09 AM - 23 March, 2006
Quote:
Hi Guys

I am one of the founders of www.hitmultitracks.com

We are launching April 1 and this is not a joke

Yeah, you're right, it's not a joke...."IT'S FUCKING BULLSHIT"...Bumbo claat clowns!!!
mexicannnnnn 5:28 AM - 23 March, 2006
I don't understand what all the talk here is about... why dont we all just wait till April 1st to see what the deal is.

So far its 100% assumptions here.

April 1st we will see what comes out of this, if its good or bad.
DJVigor 6:21 AM - 23 March, 2006
is it free
mexicannnnnn 6:41 AM - 23 March, 2006
I doubt its free and going to have a huge collection... but like I told myself, lets wait and see.
anewsome 7:49 AM - 23 March, 2006
Free or not,.. this shit will never happen. I'll freely admit I was hooked for about 45 seconds but that didnt last long. I came to my senses and realized,.. not fucking possible (except maybe with some no name artists with some no name hits). Mark my words. You will all be telling me how right I was. Check my posts in this thread. Never freaking happen!
s42000 4:14 PM - 23 March, 2006
Quote:
I don't understand what all the talk here is about... why dont we all just wait till April 1st to see what the deal is.

So far its 100% assumptions here.

April 1st we will see what comes out of this, if its good or bad.

We all know what the deal is on April 1st .... Fools world over will be celebrating their own day.
mexicannnnnn 4:44 PM - 23 March, 2006
HA! That would be a good joke. Imagine you go to the site on the 1st and see "Ha you were fooled!"
DJ Kai 5:42 PM - 23 March, 2006
Guys...It's not a joke.

How about a 10 times Grammy Nominee as the 1st. multitrack.
s42000 5:49 PM - 23 March, 2006
Why not post a sampler ? .... show people this is for real
SloMocean 6:39 PM - 23 March, 2006
Quote:

DJ Kai 11:46 PM - 23 March, 2006
Check out the site.....

News release & Company info
anewsome 12:03 AM - 24 March, 2006
Well the registrant on the domain is:

Visual Planet Music Inc.
426 Sumach Street
Toronto, ON M4X1V5

So it looks like they are Canadian, or at least the domain registrant is. The admin, Keith Price, also seems to be located in Canada. The server that the site is running on however, seems to be in US, with a US contact as the administrator. Which means they better damn well be legal if this thing is hosted in US or they well get the RIAA up their asses faster than they can say "turn it off!!"

Sites like allofmp3.com are located off shore and in countries that do not recognize american copyright laws, so those are a lot harder to shutdown. Who knows though, the actual host of the download tracks could be located offshore.

Or actually, I can't believe I am putting this much thought into it at all. This shit will never happen. Period. Sorry, I got hooked again.

I guess the multitrack guys glossed over my post that people would probably take them more seriously if they actually participated in the forum, other than simply trying to drive hits to their non-existent service.

I looked at the site and it doesn't have any more information than it did before. A new look and some fluff really. Nothing substantial at all though.

And yes I checked my PMs. I emailed Kai and never got a response.
nik39 12:08 AM - 24 March, 2006
Also the translations are very unprofessional, the german link (bottom right corner flag) says "Deutscher, der kommt bald". Did you use babelfish? What the heck should that mean?

Quote:
Check out the site.....
News release & Company info

Doesnt reveal anything exciting either.

I agree with anewsome
Quote:
I looked at the site and it doesn't have any more information than it did before.
anewsome 12:18 AM - 24 March, 2006
Ok we can put this to rest quickly. DJ Kai, Mike Furry, bootleg, Steven Crooks and the rest of you scam artists. Your news page says on 3/23/06 - Yamaha Music (seriously?) joined up for some cross promotion. Can anyone point me to their cross promotion materials, or do those drop on 4/1 also?

Ok even better, I have some friends that write for some magazines. PM me the contact name of your guy at Yamaha and I'll have one of my writers contact the Yamaha guy and interview him about this. Who is going to pass up free advertising and brand promotion right?

Also, the news page says on 12/1/05 you changed the name of the site, but the registrar says otherwise:

"Record created on 11-Feb-2006"

This site was recently minted and it certainly was not up under either name anytime in 2005.

Let me give you scam artists a hint about making shit up. Listen carefully, this is important: MAKE SHIT UP THAT HAPPENS IN THE FUTURE. When you try and fabricate the past, people will call your asses on it everytime.
nik39 12:27 AM - 24 March, 2006
Not sure about the DNS registration. I *think* it can say a newer date even if the website has been registered years ago. For example if the owner has changed or company name.
anewsome 12:33 AM - 24 March, 2006
Well since created and last updated date are the same AND it expires exactly one year later, I'm gonna go ahead and say it was registered on 02/11/06. What are the chances they happened to modify a previously registered domain name EXACTLY one year before it expires to the day? Not likely.

Speaking of which, I see they plan to be around a long time if they registered the domain for 1 year only. Suckers!
nik39 12:38 AM - 24 March, 2006
Hm I cant follow you on the first one. However, not so important. Lets see.
s42000 12:45 AM - 24 March, 2006
very suspect indeed ..
AKIEM 3:12 AM - 24 March, 2006
hmmm, but what would the purpose be, collect email? whats to gain? not buying it, just wondering.
DJ Kai 3:27 PM - 24 March, 2006
News release on www.hitmultitracks.com
nik39 3:33 PM - 24 March, 2006
Dont you find it a bit fishy, that you (Kai) as a founder start a thread with:

Quote:
I can't imagine what this will do the DJ's.

This will introduce a whole new concept into the DJ market.

And then the mod answers:

Quote:
Not only that...imagine the nuclear Karaoke access that one will have. The first releases will be from the 10 time Grammy nominated artist who is front man to the Reggae supergroup 'Third World'. With a couple of his songs on his new release that will be in the stores this June 06 from his album "I Wanna Dance". With new multitrack releases happening all the time.
DJ Kai 4:00 PM - 24 March, 2006
you have a problem with that...

This will truly change the way DJ can mix and will mix.
DJ Kai 4:00 PM - 24 March, 2006
It's a good thing!!!!
nik39 4:02 PM - 24 March, 2006
I find it fishy that you post as a normal user making the impression a normal user thinks how fabolous your service is.
mexicannnnnn 4:15 PM - 24 March, 2006
Quote:
I find it fishy that you post as a normal user making the impression a normal user thinks how fabolous your service is.

Yeah that was a bit odd.
anewsome 6:49 PM - 24 March, 2006
Quote:

its called "astroturfing":

en.wikipedia.org

when a company participates in a public forum, offering praise and pretending to be a regular user. many companies have been busted doing the crap and companies ALWAYS lose credibility when this shit happens.

it's one thing to come on ssl forums and pimp your shit but to come on and pimp your shit while pretending to be a regular person is not cool. it's called astroturfing (a fake grass roots movement), and it's not a compliment.

only a few more days until i can tell you all "i told you so". keep bumping your gums and bumping this thread so it'll be fresh in page 1 of the forum come april 1st.
hologram 7:25 PM - 24 March, 2006
OK this is crazy.
Just wait till April 1st and lets find out.
We should have just read the post and waited. Then if it didn;t happen on April 1st, then and only then we start talking sh#^.

I worked for one world famous artist, who even tried to help napster, who would jump all over this stuff if it's legit.
He even tried to do it in one of his games and one of his own websites. Another World famous artists was gonna have access to his multitracks at his theme park (no not Mikey)in Europe and you could take home your remix of his stuff as long as he got to keep a copy.
It's not far fetched. We are all just so paranoid with the RIAAa doing crap that we tend to call bull with the slightest wiff of a fart.

Don;t get me wrong. If this stuff don't happen on the 1st them take the gloves off.
s42000 7:58 PM - 24 March, 2006
Quote:
hmmm, but what would the purpose be, collect email? whats to gain? not buying it, just wondering.

This is probably one of those bait and switch tactics ... And on this site there's plenty of would be victims. But we'll wait and see.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:02 AM - 28 March, 2006
hey, have u guys checked the site...it's up and running! i'm all signed up and it's FREE!
SloMocean 12:06 AM - 28 March, 2006
Quote:
hey, have u guys checked the site...it's up and running! i'm all signed up and it's FREE!

April Fools is the 1st, dawg... today's only the 27th...

=)
s42000 12:06 AM - 28 March, 2006
Are the any "multi-tracks" ?
If so what format .... Protools, Logic, Cubase, etc etc ?
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:14 AM - 28 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

April Fools is the 1st, dawg... today's only the 27th...

=)
holy Sh!t, i'm soooooooo bored (at work)
Hit Multitracks 4:29 PM - 29 March, 2006
To clear the air.

imultitracks.com is a combined Jamaican/USA/Canada intitiative.

To be frank, although the idea for imultitracks.com came initially from trying to service the DJ market with stem mixes for an upcoming release distributed through CED/Bayside Sony-Red being released worldwide in July 06, the site and new products as we build our catalogue are actually not defined for just the DJ and VJ markets.

The concept and methodology are a lot bigger than that. imultitracks.com is a new way for established and very good up-and-coming artists to present their music.

Using digital protocols and delivery methods we are setting out to shake the foundation of the current label and music industry product structures, and expanding music to its purest interactive form. imultitracks.com's mission statement is to change the way people listen to, create, play and interact with music by making music in its rawest state available to mold, mix, edit and produce as well having it available in its mastered form.

Athough we appreciate the attention, we have purposely withheld any official notice of business operations or press releases until May 06 with a soft launch on April 1,2006. This will give us time to work out the bugs before making it available for mass public knowledge. Your forum as well as other forums had been leaked what we are doing before it was suppose to be made for public knowledge.

We wish you all well in your gigs and hope for much success to come your way.
JohnDP1 4:46 PM - 29 March, 2006
why is it called imultitracks now? Wasn't that hitmultitracks before?
anewsome 5:18 PM - 29 March, 2006
They explain the name change in the FAQ on the site. I think it had something to do with "synergy" or some other buzzword.
anewsome 10:23 AM - 31 March, 2006
1 more day until they get a chance to show and prove. We'll see which grammy nominated tracks they have available for download!
vidoona 1:19 PM - 31 March, 2006
Man, I'm shakin in my boots.....just one more day until all this comes to light.
DJVigor 3:20 PM - 31 March, 2006
is it free?
s42000 3:31 PM - 31 March, 2006
It's already APRIL 1st in Vladivostok, Russia ..... and New Zealand as well ....

Where's the beef ....
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:01 PM - 31 March, 2006
where's tha link?
s42000 4:12 PM - 31 March, 2006
Which link ?
nik39 5:40 PM - 31 March, 2006
-5 hours, local time. :)
AKIEM 6:20 PM - 31 March, 2006
Current list price for multiracks is set at:
$29.95 USD or,
$40.25 CDN (includes taxes) or,
$24.95 EUR or,
17.19 GBP -

wow
s42000 6:28 PM - 31 March, 2006
Is that per track !!??
AKIEM 6:31 PM - 31 March, 2006
it didnt say,

uh, yes I will take track three please

you know thats the hi hat right?

um, yes

ok
AKIEM 6:36 PM - 31 March, 2006
I just cant decide if this is going to be good or bad.

right now Im imagining a shit storm of poorly mixed, unmastered, versions kicking around
s42000 6:39 PM - 31 March, 2006
Or changed instruments ... I decide I dont like the bass drum in "Yeah" .. so I replace it with a mongolian monkey skin drum.
s42000 6:39 PM - 31 March, 2006
Maybe all tracks will just be in wave form .... no MIDI.
hologram 7:06 PM - 31 March, 2006
As an ableton user this would be great if it happens.
anewsome 7:07 PM - 31 March, 2006
Tracks appear to be uncompressed wav. Not sure where AKIEM is finding these prices, but I'm curious what tracks, by which artist will be available. I will absolutely admit that I was wrong if there are any real known tracks on there. Til then, I'm sticking to my original thought. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
AKIEM 8:57 PM - 31 March, 2006
it would have to be obscure unknowns, or mega hits.
I still cant understand, even at $30 why 50 would want his loops floating around for a million scrubs to mangle.

I mean the first thing Im going to do is remix a gaing of shit for my mixtapes, and it would be pretty hard for the drums to not float over into my sample library somehow.
anewsome 9:04 PM - 31 March, 2006
Quote:
it would have to be obscure unknowns, or mega hits.
I still cant understand, even at $30 why 50 would want his loops floating around for a million scrubs to mangle.

I mean the first thing Im going to do is remix a gaing of shit for my mixtapes, and it would be pretty hard for the drums to not float over into my sample library somehow.

Seriously,.. and how would they even be able to know that you used the drums to sample up your own kit for one of your tracks. They wouldn't be able to know. That's the thing. This is one of the reasons why I don't see this ever happening.
AKIEM 1:56 AM - 1 April, 2006
imagine they drop ten kanye tracks, in two days ebay would be flooded with kanye sample kits for everything from akai to frooty loops. hell chopping them up and parceling them out could even be seen a service performed by youre average bootlegger

well we will see here pretty soon.

um, and another point (one that Im not really suggesting because it would be against the law) but wouldnt people be tempted to "share" that $30 price tag? pretty tempting huh?

Im not suggesting that anyone one private message me. uh or am I just by bringing it up? er uh whatever, yo
DJMark 2:17 AM - 1 April, 2006
Quote:

If you think 50 Cent cares about *anything* other than "getting paid" you're seriously mistaken. Enough said.
AKIEM 2:24 AM - 1 April, 2006
I guarantee you that 50 cares about the quality of his records (haha even if it dont sound like he do some times).

no one wants poorly mixed, unmastered versions of there cuts floating around, not even 50

possibly the answer is that all hits will be a couple years old allready
s42000 3:10 PM - 1 April, 2006
?? April 1st ...........
anewsome 3:36 PM - 1 April, 2006
I don't see jackshit over there. I guess I am the April fool for checking up on it.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 4:29 PM - 1 April, 2006
april 1st isn't over till the f@t lady sings.... less than 15 hours left on my neck of tha woodz
DJVigor 6:52 PM - 1 April, 2006
its april first and there isnt jack shit
AKIEM 8:01 PM - 1 April, 2006
well you loose costomers, if you were going to have any at all, by not launching on the launch date. it should have been up yesturday
AKIEM 10:41 PM - 1 April, 2006
"Yes! What you have heard is true! Launching today April 1, 2006"

"This site is due for maintenance from midnight on Saturday April 1, until 7AM April 2.
During this time we may experience temporary outages. This will not effect transmissions of downloads."

um, okayee
DJVigor 11:16 PM - 1 April, 2006
wowwowwowwowwow

BROKEBACK
mister iLL 1:20 PM - 2 April, 2006
the hits are so hot they overloading the server!
nik39 5:28 PM - 2 April, 2006
So.. the 1st of april has passed across all different timezones. Did I miss anything? Or was this another april fool-joke?
mexicannnnnn 5:52 PM - 2 April, 2006
"Please be patient while we post files today Sunday, April 2nd."
mister iLL 11:17 PM - 2 April, 2006
should we start a pool on when they'll be up and active?
AKIEM 11:23 PM - 2 April, 2006
I think it would be pretty hard for people to not share these tracks
AKIEM 2:36 AM - 3 April, 2006
Multitracks Pronunciation (mul-tee-trks) - noun.
DJMark 5:43 AM - 3 April, 2006
So they've got two songs up, apparently...a dumbed-down remake of Third World "Now That We've Found Love" and the other track sounds like a guy trying way too hard to be Alanis Morisette (one of Alanis was enough, thank you).

$35-40 US (depending whether you download or get the tracks on a DVD) seems like at least three times what these things should be selling for. I don't think "extortionate" is too strong a term to describe the pricing.
mister iLL 7:23 AM - 3 April, 2006
is "extortionate" a word....?
DJMark 7:26 AM - 3 April, 2006
Yes.
mister iLL 8:07 AM - 3 April, 2006
....ok. didn't sound right to me but you are indeed correct...

extortionate - greatly exceeding bounds of reason or moderation; "exorbitant rent"; "extortionate prices"; "spends an outrageous amount on entertainment"; "usorious interest rate"; "unconscionable spending"

learn something new every day, i guess.
DJ Kai 2:59 PM - 3 April, 2006
Did you guys check out the individual tracks?

You can audition them by pressing the number 1 to 5 at the top of each song.
DJVigor 9:29 PM - 3 April, 2006
ok its a good idea in theroy
but i would never pay for it
Raw-Tracks 3:09 AM - 7 April, 2006
The concept of releasing multitrack material is nothing new. I have been doing it for 2 years at www.Raw-Tracks.com.
DJMark 6:04 AM - 7 April, 2006
My original 12-inch singles (three different versions of it) of Vicious Pink "C-C-Can't You See", from 1984, has a bunch of isolated samples and production elements as seperate tracks.

In 1990, The Shamen's "Pro-Gen (Move Any Mountain)" was released as a three-record promo 12" with isolated tracks/samples and as I recall there was somesort of remix contest associated with it.

Yes, this general idea is definitely nothing new...the only "new" thing is the level of extortion that's being attempted. $35-40 is outrageous for what's being offered.
anewsome 8:55 AM - 7 April, 2006
I'd pay $35 if they had some good songs. They don't. They have 2 songs. That is hardly worth launching a website and a campaign over.
bush 10:23 AM - 7 April, 2006
Quote:
In 1990, The Shamen's "Pro-Gen (Move Any Mountain)" was released as a three-record promo 12" with isolated tracks/samples and as I recall there was somesort of remix contest associated with it.

Ye there was a million and one mixes of that song
anewsome 10:42 PM - 19 April, 2006
19 days in. Still 2 tracks available.
s42000 11:25 PM - 19 April, 2006
I thought it was agreed this was just an April Fools joke gone bad ...
anewsome 11:48 PM - 19 April, 2006
yeah but they actually do have 2 songs so it wasn't that much of a joke right?

on a different note, I was in fact WRONG when it came to multi-tracks and being able to buy them. I just picked up the Apple Garage Band Hip-Hop pack and sure as shit it does have multi-tracks of hit songs by 50 Cent, Jay-Z, R. Kelly, etc. So indeed, you can buy raw tracks of hit songs, just not from these hitmultitracks.com clowns.
anewsome 11:49 PM - 19 April, 2006
Oh, and the Apple CD is a helluva lot cheaper than $35 a song that these clowns are charging. But as a DJ,.. having these raw tracks that you can cut up and what not is pretty freaking priceless if you ask me.
vidoona 12:58 AM - 20 April, 2006
Anewsome, what's the Apple Garage Band and how do I get ahold of this stuff?
el presidente 1:54 AM - 20 April, 2006
anewsome, what multitracks does that gargae band pack come with? any specific examples you can provide? i was thinking about picking it up. i'll usually hook up the trigger finger and load up a drum kit just to play around when i'm bored or watching the daily show and colbert report.

vidoona, garage band is apple's entry level music creation software. comes as part of ilife. not nearly as good as reason or ableton, but a fun entry level product. mac only.
vidoona 2:02 AM - 20 April, 2006
ah, I never bought I-life as I only use my Mac for Ableton and Pro-Tools....do these multitrack packs only work with Garage Band?
el presidente 2:39 AM - 20 April, 2006
hmm. dunno. good question. i doubt it but i'll take a look tonight or tomorrow (unless someone already knows for sure)
s42000 3:26 AM - 20 April, 2006
Quote:
19 days in. Still 2 tracks available.

Me wonders where the perpetrators disappeared to ?
DJMark 7:30 AM - 20 April, 2006
Me wonders if even one sucker paid any money for either of those two tracks.
anewsome 4:46 PM - 20 April, 2006
Garage Band:

www.apple.com

It's included with "iLife" for like $79. Not a high end program but defintely worth the $79 alone.

I looked on Apple's site. They don't have the hip-hop garageband pack on their website. I also just did a search on Amazon and they have all the other Jam Packs but not the hip-hop one. Weird.

I was gonna list the tracks but I searched on Google and I couldn't find it there either. The disk is at home, I'm at work now. The only song I know for sure that is on there is "50 Cent - In The Club". I played around with it for like 5 minutes in GarageBand but I've been busy with gigs. Haven't had a chance to touch it.

If I remember correctly it had like 8 tracks maybe. So obviously, not *every* track was distributed seperately. The kick and snare were mixed down on one track for example, but that beat is so wide open, you could easily sample the track and build your own kit in your sampler, MPC or whatever. I think the track layout was something like:

- Percusion
- Guitar Riff
- Swoosh Sound
- Guitar Click
- Orchestra Hits

Something like that. The sounds were layed out nice and pretty discrete though and the tracks are pre-arranged as Dre and 50 laid them out. But you could re-arrange the whole track in about 45 seconds with drag and drop.

I don't remember any other tracks. I can post them when I get home if anyone cares.

Also, these are not cheesy tracks either. They are full blown production quality, digital tracks. In my few minutes of messing with them, I thought they were of very high quality. They are in aiff format but you can export each track to wav and use them in any program that you want I suppose.
el presidente 6:49 PM - 20 April, 2006
thanks for the rundown anewsome. very much appreciated sir. i would indeed be curious to get more detail on the pack whenever you get a chance. how much did the pack cost you? i may go buy it tomorrow. fun stuff indeed. thanks again!
anewsome 7:57 PM - 20 April, 2006
I think I paid $30 for the Hip-Hop GarageBand Jam Pack. I remember looking at the track listing and thinking I could do something with each and every track. I'll post full track listing when I get home. It's only 7 or 8 songs I believe. Already got me waiting for the next version to come out ...
s42000 8:00 PM - 20 April, 2006
Are the instruments in MIDI format or wav ?
anewsome 8:25 PM - 20 April, 2006
AIFF, which is like WAV file. Same sound quality (and size!). This is why you only get a handful of tracks on one DVD.
mexicannnnnn 8:27 PM - 20 April, 2006
Where did you buy the DVD from?
anewsome 9:00 PM - 20 April, 2006
CompUSA
el presidente 9:50 PM - 20 April, 2006
think i'm gonna head over and pick up a copy! thanks for answering all the questions!
earwolf 10:54 PM - 20 April, 2006
sooooo...we have one guy whose primary language is not english, logging in as three people on a board where the common denominator is a serious ability to detect bullshit (aka stanton/NI lies) desperately trying to hype the most tragic pile of crap website in the history of the internet

good work
anewsome 10:56 PM - 20 April, 2006
well done indeed. if you notice,.. none of those clowns have been here since april 1st.
hologram 11:50 PM - 20 April, 2006
Typical bussiness model.
Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

They go get the possible customers hyped so they can convince the supplier to pony up the goods. I think they were beeting if enough people signed up they could get the record companies to come to the table.
djgrandpa 11:53 PM - 20 April, 2006
The multitrack site is a joke. Imagine starting a car dealership with no cars, or a flying school with no planes? We need more original stuff. Perhaps a whole bunch of SSL owners can work on something original and make some $$$$ in the process. Any one interested in doing something original? I am sure that between the amount of DJ's here, we have rappers(MC's), musicians etc....
Most will have ADSL(cable) so working on stuff shouldn't be hard. A world wide DJ colaboration.
Peace
Grandpa
mexicannnnnn 11:59 PM - 20 April, 2006
Gramp's thats a great idea!
djgrandpa 6:58 AM - 21 April, 2006
Who else thinks it's a good idea?
Serato
Josh 10:05 AM - 21 April, 2006
/me puts hand up
SloMocean 6:59 PM - 25 April, 2006
Quote:
/me puts hand up
bootleg 8:58 PM - 30 April, 2006
This is very cool guy's. You are alll working yourself up for the wronge reasons. I know this sounds too good to be real,but it is. We had just sent out a feeler to get an idea of what those in the the business would think. your responses are well above our market sample expectations. this is a business like any onther we needed to build the site to aquire interest,and discussions. We are in negotiations as I write this email with several dif' labels producers and artist @ the major level.
Indiemultitracks will be coming soon as well.

The music business has to change. It cannot sustain itself in this new tech era. with no changes to the orginal business model that has existed since the first record deal was made. the record industry will be always playing catch up,or shutting down new marketing models such as nabster because they (the major labels) are too slow to change.

are we insane... maybe... are we pulling a scam most def' not, but why take my word for it.

maybe everyone should come back to the imultitracks site in another two months. i'm sure we will still be in play.

cheers.
Peace in the east

Bootleg
mexicannnnnn 9:25 PM - 30 April, 2006
You run a multitrack company and your name is bootleg?
Dj Ryme 10:20 PM - 30 April, 2006
ha ha. This is funny.
djHSL 1:11 AM - 1 May, 2006
In other words, all your earlier posts were bullshit?

Yeah, that's a good way to build a potential customer base.
papsworth 2:20 AM - 1 May, 2006
yo anewsome do they come with the vocals too? or just the tracks for the instrumentals?
vidoona 4:00 AM - 1 May, 2006
So we went from HITmultitracks to INDIEmultitracks and you claim that the former was just a "feeler"? This is rediculous. I see through this bullshit clearer than the air between me and the computer screen. You tried to get your big label multi-tracks and they denied you and in the end, all you did was promise something you couldn't deliver, so now you're going to do indie artist multi-tracks for artists desperate enough for the fame to let you do it......what a bunch of crap.
anewsome 5:41 AM - 1 May, 2006
Quote:
yo anewsome do they come with the vocals too? or just the tracks for the instrumentals?

The garageband music packs are just music. No vocal tracks. Would be sweet if they did though.
papsworth 3:36 PM - 1 May, 2006
hells yeah that'd be great... still not bad at all though.
anewsome 11:58 PM - 1 May, 2006
BOOTLEG! lemme ask you a question. Do you think anyone will be impressed with multi-tracks of 20 year old songs or songs that never even were popular to begin with? Maybe from an academic standpoint but most of the DJs I know would get excited about multi-tracks only in terms of popular music (or at least *good* music) that they can chop up and remix and what not.

I'm sure someone gets excited about indie tracks from unknown bands but I doubt those people are lurking on this forum, especially when they are getting dinged for $40 bucks a track for these raw unknown masterpieces.
earwolf 12:20 AM - 2 May, 2006
You gotta admit they picked the right market, there's pure idiots who shell out for CDJ's without even knowing how to get the box open...everyone I know thinks they are some sort of quincy jones or armand van helden...so it's a pretty clever bit of targeting.

The main problem for these scammers was that this board happens to have a slightly higher average IQ going on than yer average DJ thicko-fest, so the incredibly amateur approach taken was exposed within 5 seconds.

I hope they do carry on for a bit, it's hilariously shit.

Actually I think I'm gonna download that 6th-rate unsigned reggaeshite wackapella they have on their site and fling it over laffy taffy with no regard for sync - knowing the current pop charts i'll prolly go triple plat
anewsome 1:06 AM - 2 May, 2006
Quote:

Actually I think I'm gonna download that 6th-rate unsigned reggaeshite wackapella they have on their site and fling it over laffy taffy with no regard for sync - knowing the current pop charts i'll prolly go triple plat

freaking hillarious!
anewsome 1:07 AM - 2 May, 2006
Exactly 7 hours from the time they first posted this until I called bullshit!
anewsome 12:00 AM - 17 May, 2006
Now they have a Bunny Rugs video on the frontpage!
earwolf 7:27 PM - 20 July, 2006
bumping purely because the Aug 06 Sound on Sound magazine in the UK (not known for bullshit) has a Roger Nichols sidepanel called 'Multitrack iTunes?' which says:

"Major record labels are gearing up for download of your favourite multitrack material. The record labels are actually releasing these multitracks to copyright the content. A copyright is not valid in the US unless the material isdistributed publicly. The multitracks in the vaults are, therefore, not copyright material."

Interesting!
Detroitbootybass 8:10 PM - 20 July, 2006
That isn't true, earwolf, the original 1909 US copyright law required publication in order to obtain a copyright. That was ammended in 1976...
earwolf 9:21 PM - 20 July, 2006
well it was just published in a highly respected music production magazine...not my words, i'm quoting directly...
AKIEM 9:40 PM - 20 July, 2006
bullshit

and if the multitracks wernt covered wouldnt they be safer "un-copywritten" sitting in the vault then "copywritten" floating around on myspace?
Detroitbootybass 11:26 PM - 20 July, 2006
Quote:
well it was just published in a highly respected music production magazine...not my words, i'm quoting directly...

I know, earwolf... I didn't mean to make it sound like you were the one claiming this to be fact.

Sorry!
earwolf 10:25 AM - 21 July, 2006
"and if the multitracks wernt covered wouldnt they be safer "un-copywritten" sitting in the vault then "copywritten" floating around on myspace? "

who knows? i'm just saying that after all the hype, an article is published that seems to indicate there may be substantiation to all the crazy crap that mikefury was trying to sell to us - he would have done better by referencing these facts, if they are indeed true...
AKIEM 7:02 PM - 21 July, 2006
not being a jerk, but it was rhetorical

on one hand I would have to travel to and physically break into whatever locked facility, and in some cases dump it from 2inch tape. and on the other hand it would just show up in my house digitally with an assumed warning not to copy it. (haha)

It is completely obvious that if the uncopywriten multi track is never taken out of the vault in the first place, that it is exceedingly safer from digital pirates. yes it could happen (and on a side note I did happen into a session where the reels from Roy Ayers Ubiquity were being dumped to Protols, lots of unreleased, unheard cool recordings, and I did consider knocking out the engineer with a reel and running off with as many I could carry)

so only the dumbest of the dumb asses would digitize it and send it to a company that will to distribute it digitally in order to protect it

make more cash off it? that is a completely different story
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:32 AM - 30 September, 2009
Soooooo....... what's the latest scoop?