Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

sound output stutters

Product
ITCH
Version
1.8.2 (Novation TWITCH)
Hardware
Novation TWITCH
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DjWashr 2:49 AM - 5 November, 2013
Recently I have been experiencing a problem with my sound output. The controller I'm using is the Twitch. I use a xlr thats runs from the twitch to a PA speaker and the usb power cable. Nothing else. Normally I start up Itch and then plug in the controller. and every things fine... but now every time I do this the sound produced is a stuttering noise. I have tried using different xlr cords. I also un-installed and re-installed itch. and the same problem occurs. I have the switches set to monitoring on and output master.
I have not found any forums with anyone else experiencing anything similar. Any advice would help! Thanks!
Serato, Support
Mak T 9:49 PM - 7 November, 2013
Hey DJWashr,

Thanks for your post.

- How long has this issue been occurring?

- Have you tried perhaps updating to the latest version of the ITCH software?

- It sounds like the issue could be coming from the unit itself - Have you tried perhaps contacting the guys at Novation to see if they have some solutions for you?

Cheers

Mak T
8:05 AM, 22 Nov 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
DjWashr 5:17 PM - 23 November, 2013
Sorry I just saw that I had a reply in my inbox! To answer the questions, It's been occuring since early October. I have no tried updating to the latest version of Itch, I have just been using the version that came with. Now in the mean time since this last post I have found some other discussion on the unit not working due to an upgrade operating system on mac. Mavricks. I found out its not the controller because I installed itch (same version on mac) on a pc and there was no problems (well not as fast since it was an old laptop).. but I'm pretty sure that was the problem in the first place. I have been checking everyday for a new plug in or solution off these web sights.
beta.novationmusic.com
global.novationmusic.com

Still waiting. I can't seem to find a way around it so I can play using my mac. Just need to know if theres an easy way around this, or if I should just wait til a fix plug in comes along. Thanks again!
DjWashr 5:48 PM - 23 November, 2013
I just came across this forum serato.com and am going to try what that that user suggested from Novation. I'll post up if it works!
DjWashr 7:54 PM - 23 November, 2013
Okay, so I tried what that suggested (system > extensions > delete NovationUSBaudio.ketx) then restarted the computer. Serato worked fine with the controller just no sound.. but also no stuttering. I ended up uninstalling serato and reinstalling it. plugged in the Twitch and the stuttering is back. I tried re-deleting the NovationUSBaudio and still the stuttering noise. I think at this point the only way the twitch will work on my mac is by getting a new driver.
DjWashr 11:06 PM - 10 December, 2013
So I just saw the new driver download available beta.novationmusic.com
and I tried that and I still have no sound output. Other than that, the controller still works. I don't know if I have to go into extensions again and delete something? or should I un-install and try re-installing everything?
I've been trying to figure this problem out for weeks now. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
vier7 10:41 PM - 20 December, 2013
Hey there, any news right now?

I am a little upset at the moment. Sometimes before my Twitch was working. But today, it won´t.

I fixed the issues before by reinstalling the Itch software. Then it worked for some time. But today, no way.

Are there any news how to fix?

I am using MacOs X 10.9 Maverick with Itch 2.2.2.