Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

serato dj freezes while analyzing files and playing music at the same time.

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
bhaveshcool777 3:24 AM - 4 November, 2013
i was recently trying to analyze like 4000 songs after organising them in different crates and sub crates. while analyzing process was on, i was in one of the crates listening to the songs and color coding them. the crate wasnt analyzed as yet. i finished that crate and went to next crate and when i loaded the song from it, serato dj froze completely. in a next case, while i was analyzing songs, i tried to search a song from all songs option in the crate panel and when loaded, serato dj froze the same way. it never responded. i even left it for like about an hour and no response. in both the cases the software froze while analyzing tracks. my os worked absolutely fine in both the cases except serato dj. i hope i explained myself enough to fix this bug. i am frustrated as now i cant do anything else for me to not to lose any unsaved and wait and watch the mac analyzing.
Asu 6:44 AM - 4 November, 2013
maybe the song is corrupt...try analyzing with scratch live in offline mode and see what happens.There does seem to be a bug....i noticed if a file can't be scanned for bpm for whatever reason 1.5.1 does freeze if you try to end analysis.

don't know what u have but i got a 4 core i-7 Macbook pro 15,512 MB GT card so i know i got lots of juice.
bhaveshcool777 4:11 PM - 4 November, 2013
The song(s) is not corrupt for sure. As it played later without any issues or any serato corruption sign.

Normally I dont play songs while analyzing. It just happened as I was going thru listening.
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:19 PM - 6 November, 2013
Hey bhaveshcool777,

Thanks for your patience as we have been flat out busy here at Serato HQ.

What is the file type of the song/s you were analyzing at the time of the freezing? If you were analyzing files in bulk, there could be a chance that a specific file type, when analyzed in a large group, is the cause of the freezing and the eventual crash of the software.

- To check which file was the cause of the freezing, you can go into the Overview Builder log located in the _Serato_ folder and check there. Below is some steps on how to locate the Overview Builder log:

1) Open your Music Folder
2) Open your _Serato_ Folder
3) Locate the OverviewBuilder.Log and double-click to OPEN
4) Once open, scroll down to see the last action, and locate and identify the file type and name of the file.

Once you have located this file/s within your library could you please attache it to this thread so I can carry out some some analysis.

Cheers

Mak T
bhaveshcool777 12:23 AM - 11 November, 2013
soon when i have time, will do that.
bhaveshcool777 12:25 AM - 11 November, 2013
my serato version is 1.3.0
Serato, Support
Mak T 9:42 PM - 18 November, 2013
Hey bhaveshcool777,

How is everything going? Did you try out my set of instructions in my previous post?

Cheers

Mak T
bhaveshcool777 9:44 PM - 18 November, 2013
Forgot. Will do it tonight. Thanks for reminding.
bhaveshcool777 2:54 AM - 20 November, 2013
i dont see the _serato_folder in my music folder
bhaveshcool777 2:56 AM - 20 November, 2013
is it hidden on my mac?
bhaveshcool777 4:03 AM - 10 February, 2014
hello, i didnt get a reply. i couldnt find overviewbuilder.log any where in the serato folder of my music folder. i still have the same problem, this time i am analyzing 61000 songs at the same time and serato quit unexpectedly like 6 times already on my mac twice while scanning and 4 times analyzing. need urgent help.
bhaveshcool777 4:05 AM - 10 February, 2014
and now cant open serato while my external hdd is connected.
bhaveshcool777 2:36 PM - 12 February, 2014
no replies?? need serious help please...