Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Itunes library question

nojretlas 2:00 PM - 25 October, 2013
I was having a discussion with a fellow DJ and he asked is there an advantage of using iTunes to organize music. I don't use it so I couldn't answer him.
So my question is.....is there a benefit of using iTunes crates?
Dj Nyce 3:51 PM - 25 October, 2013
hell yes.

-the tagging is far more superior in itunes.
-scripts: you can find scripts to do all kinds of things in tunes. For example, swap artist and title
-smart playlists: are actually smart and offer up every type of query you can come up with. and you can even get fancy and make one of the parameters another playlist. ssl smart crates aren't that smart. try making a crate where the date added was in the last 7 days.
-automatically add new music to sdj/ssl: if you use the itunes auto import folder or folder action scripts, you can automatically add new music to itunes, thus automatically adding new music to sdj/ssl.
nojretlas 3:53 PM - 25 October, 2013
So....is there a tutorial on how to set all this crap up? LoL
Can you still make crates in serato?
Right now I have all my music separated by genre in folders and I just drag those folders in DJ to make a crate.
DJ Zewolfy 1:06 PM - 26 October, 2013
And can you edit tags in SSL/DJ even if you are djing? For exemple to write a comment...
Dj Nyce 2:51 PM - 26 October, 2013
Quote:
And can you edit tags in SSL/DJ even if you are djing? For exemple to write a comment...

Of course.

If you do it ssl/sdj, iTunes won't see the change until you refresh(play the song or get info). Easiest way is to ctrl+o to play the song in iTunes after the change.

If you make the change in iTunes, ssl/sdj won't see the change until you load the track or restart.