DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Scratch Loopers

professor jimihandtrix 11:20 PM - 23 October, 2013
Ola,

I'm trying to chase down some scratch loopers that will work on my Mac, I have a bunch that I had downloaded when using PC and I have tried using Elmedia Player to run them but it keeps crashing. Anyone able to shoot some links?

Cheers.
O.B.1 12:24 AM - 24 October, 2013
I sometimes use a boss rc20xl loop station to loop some scratches live and create a beat in real-time. It's pretty fun to practice but hard to get perfect everytime. I am not quite ready to try it in front of an audience yet.
professor jimihandtrix 12:55 AM - 24 October, 2013
Nice man, I can use the looper in Traktor if I want to loop scratching stuff but that's not what I was really talking about.

I'm just after some flash loopers to scratch over, got a few different setups and want to just have some to stick on for scratch jams etc... I know I can just set loops in serato/traktor but I need all the channels for turntables and enjoy a lot of the beats made for flash loopers to scratch over more than instrumentals.
O.B.1 4:20 PM - 24 October, 2013
ok I've never heard of "flash loopers" but how about some battle breaks?
s3kn0tr0n1c 5:06 PM - 24 October, 2013
Quote:
ok I've never heard of "flash loopers" but how about some battle breaks?

yourlooper.com

try that. some good loopers in there.
DJ Shameless 5:49 PM - 24 October, 2013
there's an app for skratch loopers for both Android and iOS... check your app store. not sure if you can add fresh loopers at a later stage, but its nice to have it on my phone for when i don't feel like setting up the laptop
Col Mustard 8:13 PM - 24 October, 2013
Can't help you, I use Elmedia player myself on my mac. What I found I have to do though is pause it on the last frame of the file and then only will you be able to use it so try doing that. Hopefully that helps
professor jimihandtrix 9:28 PM - 24 October, 2013
Cheers guys.
s3kn0tr0n1c 8:55 PM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:
there's an app for skratch loopers for both Android and iOS... check your app store. not sure if you can add fresh loopers at a later stage, but its nice to have it on my phone for when i don't feel like setting up the laptop

Now that sound f*****g sweet..ima try find that right now.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:03 PM - 26 October, 2013
Found vol. 1 & 2 in the Google Play Store. The beats are pretty dope if I don't say so myself.
DJ Shameless 6:50 AM - 27 October, 2013
Quote:
Found vol. 1 & 2 in the Google Play Store. The beats are pretty dope if I don't say so myself.

they are indeed
auttomattik 4:08 PM - 27 October, 2013
The Warflex app Qbert put out is dope. It has a lot of great beats that gradually get faster. Available on iPhone and iPad. Cheap too.
s3kn0tr0n1c 12:20 PM - 29 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

they are indeed
+1.

Thanks for heads up, always have some beats handy.

Now what would be great is if this became a standard with loopers in the future...

or if you could just use any normal looper with a "android looper-loader"..
professor jimihandtrix 9:41 PM - 29 October, 2013
^^ Volume 1 & 2 of what app...??

And yeah I got the warflex app, but a lot of the beats aren't my cup of tea tbh...
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:07 PM - 29 October, 2013
It's just called "Scratch Loopers vol. 1 & 2". The beats are pretty good as well. Vol. 1 has that old school feel where vol. 2 seems a little more modern but decent, if that makes sense, lol!!
s3kn0tr0n1c 8:20 AM - 30 October, 2013
Quote:
It's just called "Scratch Loopers vol. 1 & 2". The beats are pretty good as well. Vol. 1 has that old school feel where vol. 2 seems a little more modern but decent, if that makes sense, lol!!

yeh there good.

need more android ones.
ted9000 12:18 AM - 25 February, 2014
You should try scratchloopers.com. All the loopers on there are available in swf format so it doesn't matter if you are on a mac or a pc.
Logisticalstyles 2:52 PM - 17 March, 2014
I'm trying to use one of these loopers for the first time. I was emailed the .swf file and I'm on a Mac. The person who sent it to me is also on a Mac. He told me to just drag and drop it into Safari, but that didn't work for me. I ended up downloading Elmedia player and it opens the file but the loop only plays once and then it closes and reopens the program again. I checked under preferences for any additional settings that may need to be adjusted but I didn't see anything.

Is there another way to get this to work?
Col Mustard 8:54 PM - 17 March, 2014
see my post above:

What I found I have to do though is pause it on the last frame of the file and then only will you be able to use it so try doing that. Hopefully that helps
Mr. Goodkat 10:45 PM - 17 March, 2014
i still dont get the concept of scratch loopers. are they instrumentals to scratch on or loops to scratch with?
Col Mustard 10:52 PM - 17 March, 2014
just looped beats to scratch over. loopers make it easy and quick to just change the beat and offer a good variety.
Logisticalstyles 10:57 PM - 17 March, 2014
Quote:
i still dont get the concept of scratch loopers. are they instrumentals to scratch on or loops to scratch with?

I dont get it either. I wish the person who sent it to me would have just sent an MP3 via email.
sumoJr 1:15 AM - 18 March, 2014
For those times you want to scratch for longer then the beat.
As the title implies it just loops, there are usually a handful in each looper and all you do is click a button and the next beat is up

Just a quick easy way to practise with all beats geared towards scratching
s3kn0tr0n1c 8:21 AM - 18 March, 2014
they rock...perfect for skratch practice sessions....
Logisticalstyles 12:30 PM - 18 March, 2014
I just figured out how get it working. I had to go into preferences of Elmedia and uncheck all of the boxes under Playlist.

I'm using the Space Monkey and it's got some pretty fresh beats.
sumoJr 12:44 PM - 18 March, 2014
I'll find mine, I put them somewhere.
I'll upload them somewhere when I get back home
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:51 PM - 18 March, 2014
Look for the "Warflex Gold" app in the App Store, 25 dope beats for .99 cents!
Logisticalstyles 2:11 PM - 18 March, 2014
I find these to actually be helpful now that I figured it out. It seems like these apps can be a good way of putting some of my unfinished beats to use. I wonder how hard it would be to create one of these looper apps. I've got a bunch of unfinished beats and loops that I refuse to delete but haven't been able to complete yet. I wouldn't mind putting them to use in a looper app.
Mr. Goodkat 5:58 PM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:
I find these to actually be helpful now that I figured it out. It seems like these apps can be a good way of putting some of my unfinished beats to use. I wonder how hard it would be to create one of these looper apps. I've got a bunch of unfinished beats and loops that I refuse to delete but haven't been able to complete yet. I wouldn't mind putting them to use in a looper app.

so its just for the loop to play until you turn it off instead of a instrumental running out?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:19 PM - 18 March, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

so its just for the loop to play until you turn it off instead of a instrumental running out?

Yup, you can play for 2 minutes or 2 hours with the same loop.
ral 12:55 AM - 2 April, 2014
if you have a 62 -> serato.com
boabmatic 9:42 AM - 2 April, 2014
dj woody just released one....

www.tablist.net
boabmatic 9:44 AM - 2 April, 2014
plus lots more on the same site..

www.tablist.net
ted9000 1:34 AM - 4 April, 2014
If your looking for just scratch loopers in swf format check out:

www.ScratchLoopers.com

And for the newest loopers check out

www.ScratchLoopers.com
ozfrombk 1:13 PM - 8 April, 2014
Really feeling that DJ Woody release. Great for practicing
Kidsonic 5:49 PM - 7 November, 2018
Quote:
Nice man, I can use the looper in Traktor if I want to loop scratching stuff but that's not what I was really talking about.

I'm just after some flash loopers to scratch over, got a few different setups and want to just have some to stick on for scratch jams etc... I know I can just set loops in Serato/Traktor but I need all the channels for turntables and enjoy a lot of the beats made for flash loopers to scratch over more than instrumentals.

My advice is to use Tablist.net as they have some dope scratch loopers in .exe format and they also have flash files that you can get as well.
Ollie 7:03 PM - 8 November, 2018
Dj Babu from the Beat Junkies. Super Duck Looper App available for download on Apple or Android. Good stuff!
Kidsonic 10:26 PM - 8 November, 2018
Any for windows phone? if not can someone develop one?