DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

What are the newest club bangers? (hip-hop)

Likwid 9:49 PM - 7 March, 2006
What are the newest tracks you guys are bangin in the clubs? Seems like there's nothin new and good out. 'Touch It' was cool but its startin to get too played out, at least in Detroit where they just found out about it. 'Ms New Booty' is decent but not the greatest club vinyl.
roctakon 9:56 PM - 7 March, 2006
SHITTY SLOW JAMS ARE EASIER TO MAKE AND SELL LOT OF RECORDS...............
SUCKS FOR US..........

SOS might take off.....?
Kryptonite is still hittin.......
That E-40 might pop?
DJBlisk 10:12 PM - 7 March, 2006
E-40 is hittin hard in cali.
The new Christina Milian track is going to pop.
I hate Ms. New Booty but people love it.
LL's Control Myself.
Backwudz "I don't like the look of it"
We are scientist's "great escape"

just off the top of my head.
Sim 10:16 PM - 7 March, 2006
SOS is gonna blow, girls love the shit outta that track, and the production makes it way easy to dance and sing to

Sean Paul Temperature bangs it out
I hate Milians chorus, when she repeats IIIII, irritates the hell outta me, but I kno girls that love it.
hologram 10:24 PM - 7 March, 2006
I agree on the above
SOS has blown and still is
Temperature has been on the heavy requests since feb
Speaking of milian her boyfriends song with the BVD hook is starting to pick up.
bubba sparx
DJBlisk 10:27 PM - 7 March, 2006
ummm whats sos?

the nick cannon song sucks!!!! I hate temperature as well.
Sim 10:37 PM - 7 March, 2006
Rihanna - SOS

and she aint with Cannon no more, she apparently has a diss record out lol

LL and J Ho will get girls dancin to
hologram 10:37 PM - 7 March, 2006
^^ hehe

SOS is Rhianans new song with a soft cell beat in the background.
hologram 10:39 PM - 7 March, 2006
So she came to her senses finally. I want the diss record just to put on a mixtape.
djransom 10:44 PM - 7 March, 2006
My guy put me up on Young Leek-Shake It n Jiggle It last nite, hot track. DFB-Lean With It, Rock With It is mad hot in the clubs now.
djransom 10:45 PM - 7 March, 2006
I'm also feelin that joint by Ray Ray-Tell Me What They Wanna Hear.
DJBlisk 10:49 PM - 7 March, 2006
rihanna SOS aka that old tears for fears song? yuck.
anewsome 10:50 PM - 7 March, 2006
E40 - Tell Me When To Go (Featuring Keak Da Sneak)
Bubba Sparxxx - Ms. New Booty
Missy Elliot - We Run This
Get It - Ying Yang Twins (Featuring Bun B)
Control Myself - LL Cool J (Featuring J. Lo)

These are ALL ripping up dancefloors in Cali.
Sim 10:55 PM - 7 March, 2006
I havnt tried Missy's yet, but with that sample, I can only imagine it workin
DJ BIS 10:57 PM - 7 March, 2006
I'm huge in china. :)
tig ol' bitties 11:09 PM - 7 March, 2006
Quote:
ummm whats sos?

the nick cannon song sucks!!!! I hate temperature as well.

I feel you on tempature. Man, like of all sean pauls "hits" this is by far the worst. so friggin annoying and the words are so bunk..
tig ol' bitties 11:13 PM - 7 March, 2006
www.awesomedjproductions.com

check out this site got charts of all the hot bangers right now..
anewsome 11:23 PM - 7 March, 2006
You cats missed on that Nick Cannon. That joint will be a heater all summer.
DJBlisk 11:28 PM - 7 March, 2006
Quote:
You cats missed on that Nick Cannon. That joint will be a heater all summer.

unfotunately you're probably right
mister iLL 11:35 PM - 7 March, 2006
in the words of the great dave chappelle:

"man, f%$k nick cannon!"
DJBlisk 11:46 PM - 7 March, 2006
i like the new juvenile.
Sim 11:49 PM - 7 March, 2006
Nick Cannon is hilARrrRious dad
DJ Evil One 11:58 PM - 7 March, 2006
nick cannon just ran off wit ya clothes money.
AFR33K1000 11:59 PM - 7 March, 2006
Also check; Voltio (Calle 13) "Chulin Culin Chunfly" for something different.....already playin on N.Y radio stations, at least the remix w/ three 6 mafia
Niro 12:55 AM - 8 March, 2006
Plus one for Rihanna's SOS, the young leak is alright. PM me for some trades.
dyvrs 1:26 AM - 8 March, 2006
^
Agree with the Chulin Chulin Chunfly joint

Otherwise:
Three 6 - Poppin' My Collar
Rick Ross - Hustlin'
Shawnna - Gettin Sum
E40 - Tell me where to go
LL Cool J - Control myself
Busta Rhymes - Touch It (DJ AP remix)
Robin Thicke feat Pharrell - I wanna love you girl
Daddy Yankee - Rompe Remix feat G-Unit and Machuchano
roctakon 1:29 AM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
rihanna SOS aka that old tears for fears song? yuck.

Tainted Love is by Soft Cell...........
dyvrs 1:29 AM - 8 March, 2006
field mob & ciara joint too
dyvrs 1:30 AM - 8 March, 2006
Shakira & wyclef joint is wack whos feeling it
cali 1:34 AM - 8 March, 2006
daddy yankee and calle 13...the best !!!!!!!!!!...from PUERTO RIIIIIIIIIIIIIICO yeah the best man
DJBlisk 1:39 AM - 8 March, 2006
rick ross - hustlin is on some ish! i love that song. too bad everbody hates it except for ghetto crowds or crowds with open music tastes.
twinsouls 1:41 AM - 8 March, 2006
I'm feelin the beat on these joints but I been sleeping for a minute so I don't know if they old or getting any play.

Remy Ma - Conceited

Black Buddafly ft Fabolous - Bad Girl
DJ GaFFle 1:45 AM - 8 March, 2006
I like Rihanna's "Let Me". I play this at clubs and everyone get's ta jumpin'.

I can't stand Ms. New Booty (the hook is the wackest!!!) I'm gonna edit the song taking out the hook.

Touch It is stilling bangin' here.
mister iLL 2:23 AM - 8 March, 2006
"touch it" is hot here and i actually like it.
"control myself" does well, but i feel like a mark when i play it...
djransom 2:44 AM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
So she came to her senses finally. I want the diss record just to put on a mixtape.

I believe it's that joint called "Who's Gonna Ride" w/ Lil Wayne & 3 6 Mafia. I'm feelin it. That joint by Black Buddafly is on point no doubt.
OG Supernatural 4:24 AM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
My guy put me up on Young Leek-Shake It n Jiggle It last nite, hot track. DFB-Lean With It, Rock With It is mad hot in the clubs now.

LOT'S of requests for the DFB- Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It! Although, I don't really like what it does to the dance floor. Anyone know what I mean?
djzoo 5:57 AM - 8 March, 2006
E40's Tell Me When To Go is off the hook
Too Short's Blow the whistle is hot too. (ya heard it here first!) It takes some time to get used to but definitely hottttt!
MrGoodie2shoes 6:05 AM - 8 March, 2006
agreed... that too short shit is bangin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
roctakon 10:54 AM - 8 March, 2006
yea that rick ross is fire............

Shake n Jiggle is trash...... Never Happen On the east coast........

that new Kelis sucks.....
DJ GaFFle 11:12 AM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
yea that rick ross is fire............

that new Kelis sucks.....

I don't know 'bout that dude, I heared "Laffy Taffy" was in heavy rotation on NY radio... If they'll play that, they'll play anything that's hot.
DeezNotes 1:44 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:

roc, Young Leek is from Baltimore (East Coast). He's 15 and actually a tight MC. That song was like a baltimore club joint... only hip hop. I think Kevin Lyles heard it (and/or him) and signed him to Def Jam. The kids LOVE that shit here (it got him signed) and he was on the radio last night freestylin' and dude is tight.

oh, and roc... just pretend a star is by my name.
Niral 2:51 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
www.awesomedjproductions.com

check out this site got charts of all the hot bangers right now..

Nice!!

I'm loving the new Missy track! It's def. going to become a banger once it gets the proper push.
djransom 3:09 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

roc, Young Leek is from Baltimore (East Coast). He's 15 and actually a tight MC. That song was like a baltimore club joint... only hip hop. I think Kevin Lyles heard it (and/or him) and signed him to Def Jam. The kids LOVE that shit here (it got him signed) and he was on the radio last night freestylin' and dude is tight.

Good info Deez Notes. I got some gigs comin up and I'm going to spin it to get a reaction. My friend said he spun it Sunday nite and the crowd was feelin it.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 3:09 PM - 8 March, 2006
i wonder if there's a way to combine or merge this thread here -->www.scratchlive.net from the Green Lantern titled "Top 5 Club Heaterzzzzzzzz"
djransom 3:11 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

Good info Deez Notes. I got some gigs comin up and I'm going to spin it to get a reaction. My friend said he spun it Sunday nite and the crowd was feelin it.
spirez 5:00 PM - 8 March, 2006
All the tunes in this thread are awful, i can't believe what hip hop is coming too, sell out central
anewsome 5:24 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
All the tunes in this thread are awful, i can't believe what hip hop is coming too, sell out central

Unfortunately spirez,.. WE don't get to decide what other people like. I can't help it that people want to grind to Laffy Taffy. I can boycott the shit (and I do),.. but I can't boycott every single song on the charts cuz they all suck. I'd get no gigs. So I sift through the hot garbage of the day and fish out what I can get with. So I bang joints like We Run This and Ms. New Booty and stay the hell away from Franchise Boyz, D4L and Kryptonite.
DJBlisk 5:33 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
I'm feelin the beat on these joints but I been sleeping for a minute so I don't know if they old or getting any play.

Remy Ma - Conceited

Black Buddafly ft Fabolous - Bad Girl

That Remy Ma joint is dope. That Scott Scorch beat and how she rides the beat is perfect.
spirez 5:47 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Unfortunately spirez,.. WE don't get to decide what other people like. I can't help it that people want to grind to Laffy Taffy. I can boycott the shit (and I do),.. but I can't boycott every single song on the charts cuz they all suck. I'd get no gigs. So I sift through the hot garbage of the day and fish out what I can get with. So I bang joints like We Run This and Ms. New Booty and stay the hell away from Franchise Boyz, D4L and Kryptonite.

Ye i appreciate that, it's a shame though.

If these artists never made such wack music then people would have no choice but to listen to the good stuff, lol
AFR33K1000 5:55 PM - 8 March, 2006
Sumpin' to rock after "Tell me when to go" > Nump "Bebot" (remix)
roctakon 6:05 PM - 8 March, 2006
U got me ..... Respicting......
Cool.....
Only Heard it out west so thought it was west coast record.........
roctakon 6:07 PM - 8 March, 2006
yo dez what u need?

I think i have one of those undergroung goodies joint u looking for.....

PM me.....
djransom 6:12 PM - 8 March, 2006
Spirez,

I hear and feel what you sayin, but unfortunately club goers don't see it that way. They pay their money to party and dance and it's up to the DJ to make that happen. I can't stand Laffy Taffy, but I can't front that I'm startin to feel Snap Music. My ultimate club banga has to be Crucial Conflict-Ride The Rodeo. Check out the new joint by Rev. Run-I Used To Think I Was Run(remix) w/ JD, Da Brat, & Da Kid produced by JD. It has that "Grillz" feel to it, but it's hotter IMO.
AFR33K1000 6:24 PM - 8 March, 2006
My bad, guess you'd fine this more under :Black Eyed Peas ft. Nump "Bebot" (remix)
DJ GaFFle 6:37 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:

In a way, you're right but it's what the people want to dance to bottom line. These songs do not represent the sound of REAL hip-hop to me but as the thread's title says, they're Club Bangers.

Quote:
So I bang joints like We Run This and Ms. New Booty and stay the hell away from Franchise Boyz, D4L and Kryptonite.

That Kryptonite cut is tight on any level (especially on the production tip. It makes young and older partygoers go nuts). That Ms. New Booty with the $h!tty hook "booty-booty-booty-booty rockin' err'where" is the demise of rap.

Just my personal opinion... :-D
Sim 7:38 PM - 8 March, 2006
there seems to be a trend in bad songs that emphasize ass, startin with My Humps, to Laffy Taffy, and now Ms Fat Booty, and sadly, these are all shitty songs that make ppl dance

And u cant front on Krpytonite, that is some hot shit, Big Boi ripped it.

Quik question, hav u guys dropped Touch the Sky? If so, wat kind of response?
djransom 7:41 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
there seems to be a trend in bad songs that emphasize ass, startin with My Humps, to Laffy Taffy, and now Ms Fat Booty, and sadly, these are all shitty songs that make ppl dance

I've wanted to try Touch The Sky, but never done it. I may do it next weekend just to get a reaction. It's one of those songs that could go either way. It's not technically a club banga. I would more than likely use it to open a party moreso than close it.
Sim 7:48 PM - 8 March, 2006
ya Im at Forbidden City tom nite, and was thinkin bout droppin it, ill prolly do it between 11-1130, not to packed, not to empty, can test it out for future nites
DJBlisk 7:53 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Spirez,

I hear and feel what you sayin, but unfortunately club goers don't see it that way. They pay their money to party and dance and it's up to the DJ to make that happen. I can't stand Laffy Taffy, but I can't front that I'm startin to feel Snap Music. My ultimate club banga has to be Crucial Conflict-Ride The Rodeo. Check out the new joint by Rev. Run-I Used To Think I Was Run(remix) w/ JD, Da Brat, & Da Kid produced by JD. It has that "Grillz" feel to it, but it's hotter IMO.

looking for it!
tig ol' bitties 7:54 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

I've wanted to try Touch The Sky, but never done it. I may do it next weekend just to get a reaction. It's one of those songs that could go either way. It's not technically a club banga. I would more than likely use it to open a party moreso than close it.

touch the sky was the biggest hit i dropped at the party i spun at my boys crib last weekend..def do it!!
tig ol' bitties 7:54 PM - 8 March, 2006
^^honestly when is a kanye song not a banger??
DJBlisk 7:56 PM - 8 March, 2006
Sim you're spinning at forbidden city in hollywood tommorrow?

I've spun touch the sky a bunch of times. The crowd seems to like it fine. I always mix it in with banarama's cruel summer afterwards. Which one gets more attention?

yup, banarama.
djransom 7:56 PM - 8 March, 2006
"Gold Digger" was hot in the clubs for a minute seriously. It sounds incredible blended w/ Dr. Dre's "Bad Intentions".
tig ol' bitties 8:00 PM - 8 March, 2006
what you mean? gold digger ver bad intentions or vice versa?
DJBlisk 8:01 PM - 8 March, 2006
I've never played bad intentions ever. trying to figure out why though.
SolKim 8:03 PM - 8 March, 2006
personally here are some of my favorite songs to play at the club.

Britney Spears- I'm a Slave
Cristina Aguilerra- Genie in a bottle
Always gets the bitches panties wet.

Sometimes I like to blend "I'm a slave" and Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby".... that shit is hot fiyaaaaaaaah!
Sim 8:06 PM - 8 March, 2006
ya Blisk, Im doin USC's Indian Club's yearly 2nd semester party, basically a bunch of indians partyin together, great times (sarcasm intended), atleast the location is hot.
Sim 8:06 PM - 8 March, 2006
I drop Slave, but I wudnt drop Genie, I drop Dirty tho
tig ol' bitties 8:07 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:

Sometimes I like to blend "I'm a slave" and Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby".... that shit is hot fiyaaaaaaaah!

damn kim, i thought you were a chick? does your description apply to you as well? hahaah playin.
DJBlisk 8:08 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:

What???????????????
DJBlisk 8:10 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
ya Blisk, Im doin USC's Indian Club's yearly 2nd semester party, basically a bunch of indians partyin together, great times (sarcasm intended), atleast the location is hot.

Put me on the list! I'll be in hollywood, probably at a couple of places. I'll stop by and say whats up.
Sim 8:10 PM - 8 March, 2006
Ill PM u my #, just give me a call tom nite
SolKim 8:24 PM - 8 March, 2006
hmmm, I guess no one caught my sarcasm... the only reason I listed those songs is bc they are garbage like EVERY other single song posted in here.

DJ's CONTROL THE PARTY. DON'T SUCCUMB TO THE BEAST... You can TOTALLY make a party hot with out having to sell your soul for those garbage tracks. I mean feel free to drop them once in a while, but NO RESPECT TO ANYONE THAT ACTUALLY PLAYS THESE SONGS IN THEIR SETS. NONE!

pooooseeeee Blooooodclot.... no?!
DJBlisk 8:25 PM - 8 March, 2006
its hard to be sarcastic through words. but thank god!
SolKim 8:26 PM - 8 March, 2006
Using a Serato doesn't make you a microwave DJ, but playing these songes sure do. If I really wanted to hear those songs, I'd just stay at home with a 6Pack, turn on MTV or the radio.
Sim 8:29 PM - 8 March, 2006
If Britney's Im a Slave will get females to get buckwild on the dance floor, its my JOB as a DJ to play it since I do top40 type parties.

How can u say u dont respect ppl for playin those tracks, hows this, u come to a gig of mine, and u try droppin some underground rap and see wat happens, ull clear the dance floor faster than u can get a 2nd breath in
DJ Evil One 8:29 PM - 8 March, 2006
SolKim-

playing these songs makes you a working DJ that can get paid more than $50 a night plus a free drink.
anewsome 8:29 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Rev. Run-I Used To Think I Was Run(remix) w/ JD, Da Brat, & Da Kid produced by JD. It has that "Grillz" feel to it, but it's hotter IMO.

I caught that Rev Run on Promo Only video series. Not sure why it hasn't been released on Urban Radio or something else. Anyway, hotter than Grillz in my opinion too. Especially if you like to actually listen to the words
anewsome 8:31 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
I've never played bad intentions ever. trying to figure out why though.

Damn, that makes two of us. Why the hell have I never dropped this track in the club? Dangit. Next time.

As far as touch the sky,.. I dropped it a few times. Works surprisingly well for a "non-banger". I followed it up with Ne-Yo - Stay,.. which has a dope beat if you ask me,.
DJBlisk 8:31 PM - 8 March, 2006
So it has the same bassline? I'm sorry, but I loved the grillz beat! The best is when you're spinning and you can feel the bass hit!
SolKim 8:35 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
SolKim-

playing these songs makes you a working DJ that can get paid more than $50 a night plus a free drink.

Oh I'm sorry... I don't spin crap. I play real hip hop, funk and soul. I cant stand the under ground scene either.
Drunk people will dance to anything... thats not the point. The point is, DJ-ing is an art... when everyone's sets start sounding the same as eachother, the radio and MTV, whats the point?
DJ Evil One 8:38 PM - 8 March, 2006
solkim-

sorry for my short reply. i just posted in another thread that the mark of a real DJ is being able to rock the crowd without playing what everybody expects to hear, i just assumed that when you dissed those records you were an anti party cat...
djransom 8:38 PM - 8 March, 2006
I can't believe nobody plays "Bad Intentions" in the club. That is one of the ultimate club bangas. You let "Gold Digger" play and loop the beginning of the "Bad Intentions" ,provided you're using either 1.5 Beta or CDJs, for about 10 seconds(give or take) and u have a beautiful blend. I did this for a minute and people ate it up at parties. It's good to hear someone else is feelin that joint by Rev. Run and yeah there is definitely a meaning behind the song. My wife even likes that joint, hell, she had me to put the Da Brat's verse on her cell as a ringtone. For those who don't have "I Used To Think I Was Run(remix)", I encourage you to find it (legally) and spin it.
djransom 8:42 PM - 8 March, 2006
Also,

Check out Cassie ft. Ray J. "Me & U" & Trap Squad "What's Happenin".
SolKim 8:44 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
solkim-

sorry for my short reply. i just posted in another thread that the mark of a real DJ is being able to rock the crowd without playing what everybody expects to hear, i just assumed that when you dissed those records you were an anti party cat...

I don't just diss records for no reason. This is how I really feel about a lot of music. I can go to 8 different clubs on a Saturday night, and i will hear all the same songs over and over and over and over again. I love parties, I just think a party can be rocked with out having to play this cookie cutter rap music. And, I'm not implying just bc the song is on the radio or MTV that its automatically whack, I'm just saying I can list 150 OTHER songs that can do the same thing
Sim 8:50 PM - 8 March, 2006
I been bumpin that Cassie since August, its a banger, and its startin to catch on in LA finally

I drop Bad Intentions, but usually before the hype to get ppl goin, those "time killer" type tracks
djransom 8:59 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
solkim-

I don't just diss records for no reason. This is how I really feel about a lot of music. I can go to 8 different clubs on a Saturday night, and i will hear all the same songs over and over and over and over again. I love parties, I just think a party can be rocked with out having to play this cookie cutter rap music. And, I'm not implying just bc the song is on the radio or MTV that its automatically whack, I'm just saying I can list 150 OTHER songs that can do the same thing

It's funny you say that Solkim because I was DJing a party 2 weeks ago and just started spinnin older ish like SWV's "Right Here" and Jungle Brothers "I'm Gonna Do You" because I wasn't really feelin the newer stuff at the time. I watched my DJ buddy kill a crowd w/ older joints such as House of Pain "Jump Around" Kris Kross "Jump" etc. He had them rockin.
djransom 9:01 PM - 8 March, 2006
Also,

I keep remembering tracks,

Ray Ray-Tell Em What They Wanna Hear
Sim 9:04 PM - 8 March, 2006
droppin old school classics isnt the issue, I think pretty much every experienced DJ here knows the old school gems that are timeless, ie, Real Love, the ones u mentioned, Black sheep, etc etc
three 9:11 PM - 8 March, 2006
djransom please check your pm
SolKim 9:12 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
droppin old school classics isnt the issue, I think pretty much every experienced DJ here knows the old school gems that are timeless, ie, Real Love, the ones u mentioned, Black sheep, etc etc

No i think that is the point.
DJBlisk 9:13 PM - 8 March, 2006
i don't know what kind of crowd you guys have. but has anybody dropped MIA "bucky done gone"?

It kills it up in SF.
djransom 9:14 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

I thought so which is why I made the statement I made. Is actually possible to rock the crowd w/ ol school classsics only? Quite possibly.
DJ GaFFle 9:14 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:

My boy dropped it while he had the crowd. People recognized it and even kept dancing but the mood got kind of flacid. You can't play it too long or you'll lose 'em.
DJ GaFFle 9:20 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
I can't believe nobody plays "Bad Intentions" in the club. That is one of the ultimate club bangas. You let "Gold Digger" play and loop the beginning of the "Bad Intentions" ,provided you're using either 1.5 Beta or CDJs, for about 10 seconds(give or take) and u have a beautiful blend. ...

You ain't kiddin' ...

I have it in my playlists and get bangin' response from the real heads. The ladies get to groovin' too when this drops...classic material.
djransom 9:26 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
I can't believe nobody plays "Bad Intentions" in the club. That is one of the ultimate club bangas. You let "Gold Digger" play and loop the beginning of the "Bad Intentions" ,provided you're using either 1.5 Beta or CDJs, for about 10 seconds(give or take) and u have a beautiful blend. ...

You ain't kiddin' ...

I have it in my playlists and get bangin' response from the real heads. The ladies get to groovin' too when this drops...classic material.

When this track hits you absolutely correct, the ladies hit the floor and the fellas follow.
Sim 9:26 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I thought so which is why I made the statement I made. Is actually possible to rock the crowd w/ ol school classsics only? Quite possibly.

Well I misunderstood, but in any case, it is possible provided you have an old enuff crowd, do an 18+ club, and watch their eyes puzzle in amazement when u drop a classic gem, just totally depends
SolKim 9:27 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There is no such thing as "old-school" and "new school"
In my opinion, there are only two genres of music...
1. Good Music
and

2. Shitty music with a great marketing plans.....
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 9:27 PM - 8 March, 2006
DAMN PEEPS,

this thread should be a sticky yo!

folks all up in here *no beef'in too i might add* sharing their deepest ill thoughts on song selects & blendz/mixes. what worked / what didn't / what they'd like to try on the dance floor.
DJ GaFFle 9:28 PM - 8 March, 2006
Another nice one is Robin Thicke's "I wanna love you girl". It was release late '05 but never got too much airplay. Here in ATL, the sophisticated/classy ladies are really feeling that one.
On the crunk tip: "it's goin down" by Young Jock is hot and heavy along with other snap music.

Honestly, the most hype I got my crowd this years was coming out of an oldskool set around 120+ bpm and going into Baltimore club Music's "Pick 'Em UP" The crowd was at the height of drunk & crunktivity and this song sent them through the roof!!!!!
tig ol' bitties 9:32 PM - 8 March, 2006
anyone still droppin 93 till infinity?? I get a mixed reaction, the kids who know the deal love it but those who dont (which is retarded in the first place) think its cheese.
djransom 9:34 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
anyone still droppin 93 till infinity?? I get a mixed reaction, the kids who know the deal love it but those who dont (which is retarded in the first place) think its cheese.

You gon always have those heads who feel it and those who don't. I've just begun to spun ATCQ's-Electric Relaxation once again. Nice mello joint to open up w/ and vibe to.
tig ol' bitties 9:34 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Good Music
and

disagree. Old skool to me, such as Run Dmc is the music that paved way for a NEWER sound.
SolKim 9:35 PM - 8 March, 2006
Souls of Mischief is one of the records of mine that has NEVER left my travel crate. I work it in wehenever I can.

Soul Clap is another song that never leaves my travel crate.
tig ol' bitties 9:35 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

You gon always have those heads who feel it and those who don't. I've just begun to spun ATCQ's-Electric Relaxation once again. Nice mello joint to open up w/ and vibe to.

yeah but this song is a classic west coast anthem, even peeps on the east should recognize.
SolKim 9:36 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Good Music
and

disagree. Old skool to me, such as Run Dmc is the music that paved way for a NEWER sound.

we agree to disagree.. You would classify RUn DMC as "old school"... I consider it "Good Music".
anewsome 9:37 PM - 8 March, 2006
That Robin Thicke is the hit way out west too. I don't do mashups too much but the Robin Thicke over Justin Timberlake beat is nice.
SolKim 9:38 PM - 8 March, 2006
Queen Latifah- Had It Up 2 Here...... thats how I roll
tig ol' bitties 9:38 PM - 8 March, 2006
i consider it UNBELIEVABLE music, that is old skool. I am one who dont think early 90;s joints are old skool but 80's late 80's when it really hit the scene that to me is old skool. :)
SolKim 9:44 PM - 8 March, 2006
TOG...
remember when hip hop was all about the music, who's a better MC, who's got the better DJs?

Now its all about "ice". "purple" "bling"

I miss you Hip Hop
I still love h.e.r.
DJ Evil One 9:44 PM - 8 March, 2006
there are other joints that you can either warm em up with like

epmd "crossover" or "so watcha sayin"
tribe "oh my god"

other shit in that veign...if you have an older crowd you'd be surprised how many of the square ass looking older folks bumped some positive k, some nwa and all a that.
DJ Evil One 9:44 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:

I miss you Hip Hop
I still love h.e.r.

me too.
SolKim 9:45 PM - 8 March, 2006
Sorry, I've been campin on this thread, I'm sick and have nothing to do since I've been in bed all day bouncing back from the Maxboxing.com forums and the Scrathclive forums...

I need social interaction or I turn into an internet nerd like most of you fools on this forum :)
djransom 9:49 PM - 8 March, 2006
Quote:
Sorry, I've been campin on this thread, I'm sick and have nothing to do since I've been in bed all day bouncing back from the Maxboxing.com forums and the Scrathclive forums...

I need social interaction or I turn into an internet nerd like most of you fools on this forum :)

Don't trip. I'm at the office and I've been in this thread most of the day as well.

You also forgot about "slangin" in songs as well.
DJ Evil One 9:56 PM - 8 March, 2006
i'm sick today too...shit sucks. i'm supposed to play about 150 miles out of town tomorrow but i don't know if i'm going to have the juice.
anewsome 11:46 PM - 8 March, 2006
Damn,.. WTF? I'm sick too. Conspiracy! Supposed to play tomorrow too.
ReaLystik 12:46 AM - 9 March, 2006
What You Know-TI <<<Hottest in the south follow by in no particular order...

Gangsta Party f.8 Ball & Bun-B - Yo Gotti
Poppin' My Collar-Three 6 Mafia
Gettin' Some Head-Shawnna
Respect My Fresh-Kinfolk Kia Shine
Snap Ya' Fingers-Lil Jon
Shoulder Lean-Young Dro
Money On My Mind-Lil Wayne
Move Around f.Mannie Fresh-BG
Ms. New Booty-Bubba Sparxxx
Trapster-Young Jeezy
Mangla-Lutinent G
Get It f.Bun B-Ying Yang Twins
What's Happening-Juvenile
Dat Rap Sh*t f.Young Jeezy-Boo
Control Myself f.J-Lo - LL Cool J
Ratchet-Lil Boosie
W'Zup-Bohagon
Bubble Gum f.D4L-K-Rab & BHI
Trap House-Gucci Mane
djransom 1:39 AM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
That Robin Thicke is the hit way out west too. I don't do mashups too much but the Robin Thicke over Justin Timberlake beat is nice.

I just checked out the Robin Thicke song now and I must say that I'm hooked. The beat has a very classic type feel to it.

Also check out Crime Mob-Rock Yo Hips.
SolKim 1:53 AM - 9 March, 2006
That Robin Thicke sounds like that old video game for the Sega Genesis... with the red car and you just go racin random people... circa 1993
djransom 2:13 AM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
That Robin Thicke sounds like that old video game for the Sega Genesis... with the red car and you just go racin random people... circa 1993

LOL. I wouldn't go that far.
DJ Evil One 2:14 AM - 9 March, 2006
i'm a huge neptunes fan, but i swear to god the drums on that robin thicke joint are off beat.
djransom 3:06 AM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
i'm a huge neptunes fan, but i swear to god the drums on that robin thicke joint are off beat.

I swear this beat reminds me of Vanity 6's "Nasty Girl". I hear it everytime I listen to it.
DJ GaFFle 3:26 AM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:

You're absolutely right. It's hard to mix and keep on beat. I don't bother anymore.
djransom 3:32 AM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

You're absolutely right. It's hard to mix and keep on beat. I don't bother anymore.

Damn, no wonder I couldn't keep the song on beat w/ "Nasty Girl".
CMOS 3:35 AM - 9 March, 2006
i cant believe none of yall mentioned the new ice cube why we thugs remix. That track kills it.
Sim 4:38 AM - 9 March, 2006
i think that Cube it to new to kill it at a mainstream club, in a few weeks tho
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 6:51 AM - 9 March, 2006
what's that new kut by 40? 106 & 94.9 were playing it all day today.
djransom 7:07 AM - 9 March, 2006
Tell Me When To Go. Nice track.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 7:10 AM - 9 March, 2006
actually its a tune other than that, had a 'yeah' feel to it.
Cizzel 8:32 AM - 9 March, 2006
Is it wrong if I was to say every NEW track listed on this post I personally think is crap?
AMF 1:41 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
E40's Tell Me When To Go is off the hook
Too Short's Blow the whistle is hot too. (ya heard it here first!) It takes some time to get used to but definitely hottttt!

Yeah, when I first heard I was like "WTF is this sh*t?". Now, I think it's hot.
nik39 1:45 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
Yeah, when I first heard I was like "WTF is this sh*t?".

Haha, same here.

Quote:
It takes some time to get used to but definitely hottttt!

I still dont like it, matter of fact I hate 2short.
djbigboy 2:38 PM - 9 March, 2006
I can't believe some of the things being said on this thread. A) Music that works in one area doesn't equal it working in others b) There's no right or wrong music to play, if it works, it works, keep playing c) some of the attitudes make people on here seem like they are some type of hip hop "elitest"...who needs that? Everyone's entitled to their opinion and you can shove it down some else's throat...

Obviously, some of us on west coast, have a different attitude about what works in their club, and its different what works in the south,midwest and the east...it doesn't make any of the songs any better or worse, its just a different style...
DeezNotes 3:15 PM - 9 March, 2006
It's only music. There's a time and place for it all.
Rebelguy 3:47 PM - 9 March, 2006
In regard to the Robin Thicke song, it is not produced by the Neptunes, it is produced by Robin Thicke himself. Pharrell just appears on the track. And yes, that songs is EXTREMELY OFF BEAT. I think he just played the drums live into his sequencer with no quantizing.

The new E-40 song they are playing is off the album which is dropping next Tuesday. I think it is the one feat. T-Pain called U and Dat.
djransom 3:57 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
In regard to the Robin Thicke song, it is not produced by the Neptunes, it is produced by Robin Thicke himself. Pharrell just appears on the track. And yes, that songs is EXTREMELY OFF BEAT. I think he just played the drums live into his sequencer with no quantizing.

The new E-40 song they are playing is off the album which is dropping next Tuesday. I think it is the one feat. T-Pain called U and Dat.

That joint needs to be done over to get those drums on beat. I'm surprised that the Neptunes didn't bring this to his attention unless they were feelin it as is. I still like the joint anyway though.

Check out Missez-Love Song & Cherish-Do It To.
tig ol' bitties 4:35 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
I can't believe some of the things being said on this thread. A) Music that works in one area doesn't equal it working in others b) There's no right or wrong music to play, if it works, it works, keep playing c) some of the attitudes make people on here seem like they are some type of hip hop "elitest"...who needs that? Everyone's entitled to their opinion and you can shove it down some else's throat...

Obviously, some of us on west coast, have a different attitude about what works in their club, and its different what works in the south,midwest and the east...it doesn't make any of the songs any better or worse, its just a different style...

werd. I gotta say tho the music that is hot in the east is what is dominant on the radio and it sucks. If you look at a chart for the hot bangers of the week or something, the top 20 on that are the only songs jamn 94.5 or crap stations like that play, its pathetic to hear ne-yo 47 times a day, same with grillz, and all that other shit that gets the club going. Thank goodness for 88.9 at night.
tig ol' bitties 4:36 PM - 9 March, 2006
I dont think hot club songs should be dictated by what is on the radio, but in Boston man there is no way around it AT ALL.
Rebelguy 4:50 PM - 9 March, 2006
The Cherish joint is cool. I am just getting a little sick of the slow tempo songs. It's like 74 BPM. If she was going to jack Nivea OK she could have at least gone up to the same tempo...haha.
djransom 5:50 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
The Cherish joint is cool. I am just getting a little sick of the slow tempo songs. It's like 74 BPM. If she was going to jack Nivea OK she could have at least gone up to the same tempo...haha.

True true.
AMF 6:04 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, when I first heard I was like "WTF is this sh*t?".

Haha, same here.

Quote:
It takes some time to get used to but definitely hottttt!

I still dont like it, matter of fact I hate 2short.

I thought everybody liked Too Short! Oh well, I guess it's first time for everything.

Anybody else not feelin' Short Dog??
AFR33K1000 6:17 PM - 9 March, 2006
Hell nah, This dude's classic ya remember:

Burn rubber (classic)

Let my nuts hang

Lick My Dick, My Sac (answer to Khia)

Players Holiday

Im A Player
nik39 6:20 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
I thought everybody liked Too Short! Oh well, I guess it's first time for everything.

Are you kidding? Besides of his disgusting lame stories about b!tches sucking on his lollypop (no, its not that I dislike X-rated stuff, but the stories from him are just dumb) he has no no no flow. I cant understand how he became a rapper. The only good tracks from him, are those with features - cause the features shine.

No offense ;)

Oh, yeah, the only "good" (haha, hilarious to use that word in conjunction with too short) is "My Dick, My Sac".
djbigboy 6:22 PM - 9 March, 2006
the new Too Short is gonna be a huge hit in the bay, but outside of that, i am a lil worried...there's 2 other new too shorts as well, one with Too Short & Jay Z "6 Figga" and another with 50 Cent and UGK, can't remember, he's got a mixcd coming...
DJBlisk 6:24 PM - 9 March, 2006
too short is an ass. but burn rubber and freaky tales is just too sick not listen too!
djransom 6:25 PM - 9 March, 2006
How can we all forgot about "Cuss Words" by Too Short. That joint is a classic.
nik39 6:26 PM - 9 March, 2006
Okay, I admit his tales are funny to listen to, but they are still dumb pimping fantasies ;)
AMF 6:33 PM - 9 March, 2006
I've been a Short Dog fan since my brother played freaky tales for me back in the '80s. lol. And I'm very interested to see what his new album is gonna sound like.
Cizzel 6:51 PM - 9 March, 2006
One word that makes him a legend "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeitch"
Rebelguy 6:53 PM - 9 March, 2006
How can anyone diss on Too Short? This is his 16th album. Somebody must like his shit if he is still putting them out because you know major labels will drop your ass in a minute if you don't have the numbers.

Also...please add "Life is 2 Short," "Player's Ball," "Shake That Monkey," and "Money In The Ghetto" to the List of Knockers.

"Player's Holiday" was by T.W.D.Y. (The Whole Damn Yay)
DJBlisk 6:56 PM - 9 March, 2006
that "players holiday" song got me through the summer the year it came out.
AMF 6:57 PM - 9 March, 2006
Don't forget "Call me" feat Lil Kim. And also don't forget "Don't fight the feelin'". Once again, Nik39 is the first dude I've ever heard that sh*tted on Short in my life. lol.
OG Supernatural 7:15 PM - 9 March, 2006
Funny, I used to hang with Too Short's cuz and he would give me tapes of his stuff before he blew up, tapes that Too Short was selling out of his trunk. I used to bang em here in Sac and it was the swumpin! My point is that he was already well known and had a large following before he blew up. Major street credibility!

The other part is the memories associated with his stuff...FUN!

Don't Fight the Feelin!
OG Supernatural 7:18 PM - 9 March, 2006
Ha! "so what are you saying Todd?" Swump / Swumpin was a word he used for bass hittin hard.
AFR33K1000 7:22 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
Once again, Nik39 is the first dude I've ever heard that sh*tted on Short in my life. lol.

Maybe them "backin" emomotional rappers are more to his liking............Too $hort definitly a legend, oh yhea what about Rappin 4 tay "Playaz club" dat's da banggah!
anewsome 7:32 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
How can anyone diss on Too Short? This is his 16th album.

Yeah, does anyone remember he PROMISED his 10th albumn was his last? I guess MC Hammer's finnacial advisor didn't grow Short Dog's money like he thought he would.

Seriously, not cappin' on Too Short. Rapper's Ball with E-40 is still one bangin ass track. I still play that in my early set to this day. Freaky Tales, Don't Fight The Feeling, etc were all good "one time listens". The Ghetto was the first Too Short that ever got mad play in the CD player of the auto. But still my favorite Too Short song is "Oakland",.. I don't think he says a word in it either. That should tell you something,.
AMF 7:45 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
How can anyone diss on Too Short? This is his 16th album.

Yeah, does anyone remember he PROMISED his 10th albumn was his last? I guess MC Hammer's finnacial advisor didn't grow Short Dog's money like he thought he would.

Seriously, not cappin' on Too Short. Rapper's Ball with E-40 is still one bangin ass track. I still play that in my early set to this day. Freaky Tales, Don't Fight The Feeling, etc were all good "one time listens". The Ghetto was the first Too Short that ever got mad play in the CD player of the auto. But still my favorite Too Short song is "Oakland",.. I don't think he says a word in it either. That should tell you something,.

My friday and saturday night crowds REQUIRES me to bring "don't fight the feelin'". No B.S. I might as well juss stay home if I don't bring it. I play it every friday and saturday. And they love it.
OG Supernatural 7:52 PM - 9 March, 2006
Not sure how his new stuff will hit in today’s market. His old classics dropped at a good time. Yeah, vulgar & immature but so was I at the time. I used to also bump that old cut "Big Thangs" with Too Short, Ice Cube & Ant Banks. This clip might work www.amazon.com
Rebelguy 8:11 PM - 9 March, 2006
He's teamed up with Lil Jon, I don't think it's gonna be a problem. Blow the Whistle is a banger.
djzoo 8:27 PM - 9 March, 2006
yup!
DJBlisk 9:04 PM - 9 March, 2006
Now back to the topic.

Slum Village featuring Kurupt - "Forth and Back"

this song is currently bumping in my car.
nik39 9:27 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
And also don't forget "Don't fight the feelin'". Once again, Nik39 is the first dude I've ever heard that sh*tted on Short in my life. lol.

Haha, thats really funny. After reading you (and the others) I now know for sure that its not a media hype and people out there do like him. ;) I dont know anyone around me who seriously likes me. But someones gotta buy the records, else he wouldnt be on his 16th (I thought it was something like 10, but... as you've already figured I aint no 2short pro ;) ).
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:00 PM - 9 March, 2006
how bout this song -- > www.ohhla.com
AFR33K1000 11:02 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
I dont know anyone around me who seriously likes me.

Ha,... I donn't know to many people on this board that like you either, (& I just got here)
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 11:03 PM - 9 March, 2006
whoops, i ment to mention that on anther thread www.scratchlive.net ....sorry
nik39 11:10 PM - 9 March, 2006
Quote:
Ha,... I donn't know to many people on this board that like you either, (& I just got here)

Well now at least you try to be smart, instead of posting dumb homophobic stuff. You're making improvements, good, my son. :)
AFR33K1000 11:16 PM - 9 March, 2006
Damn, I only got one left, gotta milk it. (BTW loosen up a bit no one's a homophob here, we're just callin' it like we see it)
nik39 11:17 PM - 9 March, 2006
Maybe you should think first before you post. At least check the meanings of the words you use, and you would know why you words clearly indicate you have homophobic tendencies.
AFR33K1000 11:25 PM - 9 March, 2006
@nik39

Ahh com'n Baby those words were just term of indearment, you know like Q tip said. ("nigga,nigga")...............oooops-no homo........
nik39 11:31 PM - 9 March, 2006
Yeah, you should know.
AFR33K1000 11:51 PM - 9 March, 2006
Nice....come.....back....................Anyway I'm just singling you out cause your so anal, Why? In almost every post your'e on, I see you spewing your righteousness like it's the gospel,are you tryning to start a new religion?

I mean who cares if somewone DL'n illegally..It's none of you buisness, I understand not posting it here,but ther are other ways of tellin peole with out being so rightious..........You know youl'd a great cop, Damn I forgot you are............I'm sorry
nik39 11:57 PM - 9 March, 2006
Thanks for apologizing. I knew you're a good guy. :)
AFR33K1000 12:11 AM - 10 March, 2006
I ment I'm sorry...........you're a COP............Just keep Petting that dead mouse in your pocket Lenny.

Yo I'm sick wit this, Ah Tig ol Bitties,tag team this jump in whenever you want....Rember I'm a be Rick Flare though.
tig ol' bitties 1:36 AM - 10 March, 2006
^^Tig Ol Comin in..but I am gon be nice. I am sure alot of people on this board think Nik is a total tool but choose not to get involved with his shaninigans. you and I on the other hand, are jus those kind of people that cant really deal with people like him. I really dont know what his deal is, and nik it would be great if you enlightened us on why you are so uptight all the time and feel to express yourself when all these things go on? such as the downloading and caps and all that..like do you really care that much? I ama being serius too i jus want to know why u do what you do? I dunno man..I am upset right now cuz wheneber i really need to make a mix to give to someone I jus cant do it, i can make all these mixes all the time us f'n around but when i really need to do it, i like cant so i am in a down mood, i gotta be up and lively to bust on people..sorry.

but nik an explanation would be great...but i would like to hear some bangers.
nik39 2:01 AM - 10 March, 2006
scratchlive.net <read.

Isnt it obvious? You post illegal stuff. Someone will shut this board down. We dont need to discuss why which law forbids certain stuff, I aint happy with some restrictions either. Thats the way it is. This is a professional website, from a company running business. They must take care. If you want to share illegal stuff, do whatever you think is right, just dont take that stuff here. There are millions of other better places to do that kind of stuff.
People might think "oh why cant be everyone here be such a laid-back guy like the titties man, I think nik39 shouldnt be such a dick when it comes to trading songs". Fact is this company here cares about copyright infringement, cause they know how it can hurt.
As said before, noone tells you what to do in your locker, just dont bring that stuff here.

About caps, read the Forum Help what caps mean. I dont know what is so hard to understand about it. Do you also shout all the time in real life? Its not the way I talk to people.

Quote:
I am sure alot of people on this board think Nik is a total tool

Do you really think I care? I try to help other people where I can, not always in the nicest way, esp. when I point to spots where the requested info could be easily found, that is because I think its better to help people helping themselves. Former forum members do know. If you dont recognize, I couldnt care less. I've spent enough time and helped enough people out here, that such bla bla from someone like you doesnt bother me much (it just bothers me when you provide false/unbacked information, nothing is worse than to smatter around, cause there are other people around who might take your words for the truth). What was the last time *you* were helping and giving accurate info?
tig ol' bitties 4:19 AM - 10 March, 2006
Your post from the other thread is fine, no need to make me read it tho. be nice to others, Ok I am nice, i jus think its rediculous that you stick your nose in everything, if the posts are really that bad to the point where it will "shut this board down" then i think the mods should step into that post and say so. Otherwise its open forum. I have NEVER posted anything anymore illegal then anyone else has. I mentioned a pool, which is jus as legit as the 100 other ones people post about all the time. That gives you NO RIGHT to use that as a reason why i am a juvenile or whatever you said.

My friend, and as far as djing goes, I am a rookie green thumb ass little cow, so I do what I can for those even newer then me.
Where I can help I do..I find alot of people on this board to be mad cool so I dont think being serious is always needed. If I ask a question I hope it gets answered by someone who knows, and I try to add my input of my little knowledge to whatever i can so please.

This is the ONLY dj website where there are alot of people who want to have a good time and learn something new at the same time. What you think I get joy out of coming on here and saying ish to you?..I mainly come on here to look at threads like this one and other ones about equipment and what works best, cuz like i said i have been doing this since Sept. 6 months. My knowledge is limited. There are def peeps on this board that deserve respect becuz of what they have done wit their DJ careers and I commend them greatly, and I hope to make it to that point in my life sometime. Without this site i would be half the DJ I am right now, and i suck, so I couldnt imagine how bad id be without this board.

Like I said, I am done with this I never thought this would get as old as it has. I like wanna just stop coming on all together, jus so i am not tempted to respond to your gar-bage. In my own opinion that is. Like I said I appreciate the help you have given me, and i thank you for that. We are two oppoisite people and thats just that. I am thru with this, I am mad at myself for even responding to ARK cuz now i jus wasted perfectly good illegal downloading time.

thats a joke if you thought otherwise..im done forever.
nik39 4:56 AM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
if the posts are really that bad to the point where it will "shut this board down" then i think the mods should step into that post and say so.

You should have read the other post I provided the link for, then you would understand. This is a place where people come together, and why do you have to wait til the powers come over and tell you "no no no!"? If I am wrong, its your goddamn right to tell me I am wrong, and I also think as a responsible person on this scratchlive.net-planet you should tell me I am wrong. No need to wait til the mods come over.

Quote:
I have NEVER posted anything anymore illegal then anyone else has.

Quote:
I just download most of my stuff off limewire (i pay for it, btw) and then just import those right onto SSL..

Thats only one example. On top of that, before really knowing whether the mentioned pool was legit you claimed it was legal. Even after asking you said it is defenitly legal. You are here to help out. Good. But this kind of false information (at that time you didnt know) helps no one. Thats the whole point.
BTW I never said you did/post something illegal. ( I guess if the shoe fits wear it. ;) ) You are the one running into every thread and telling me how much of a dick I am and bla bla. Voila, another thread which *you* turned into a you vs me thread. Ridiculous.

Quote:
What you think I get joy out of coming on here and saying ish to you?

Come on, you really want to tell me you dont enjoy bashing others? You started a dedicated "you vs me beef is over". What the heck? It was obvious why you started it. Then you wonder why I call you a juvenile. Great.

Quote:
cuz now i jus wasted perfectly good illegal downloading time.

You download from limewire. Enuff said.

For the record, I do know that you think I am a dick/hole/whatever, you dont need to repeat it again and again and jump into any thread and mention my name like "yeah nik will jump in now and tell how illegal that is".

Now do as a favor and *stick* to your words, and let this crap be over, as you have said and promised like a dozen times before. And tell your schoolmate afreek to step back as well. Thanks and have a nice day.
tig ol' bitties 1:26 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:

I most certainly dont, so it looks like your the providing false info...

get off my back and ill do the same..
SloMocean 1:30 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
DAMN PEEPS,

this thread should be a sticky yo!

folks all up in here *no beef'in too i might add* sharing their deepest ill thoughts on song selects & blendz/mixes. what worked / what didn't / what they'd like to try on the dance floor.

Looks like you spoke too soon, my friend...
tig ol' bitties 1:33 PM - 10 March, 2006
ya know what i have had nuff of this. I fucking hate you and you driven me to not EVER want to come on this board again, and thats jus what Im gon do. The only time you willl se me is if i need a help question other then that, eat shit and die slow nik.

hows the for juvenile you fuckin nazi.

Mods ban me from general discussion please i cant take this guy anymore.
djransom 2:54 PM - 10 March, 2006
Tig ol,

It's really not that serious. Everyone has their own opinions and they are entitlted to them.

Back to the thread now. One of my all time bangas has to be Xzibit's "Choke Me, Spank Me". The ladies love this joint.
johnsteezee 3:09 PM - 10 March, 2006
People be wanting me to bump that electro-hip hop? (ie. Planet Rock, Set it Off, etc.) That break-dancing shit. It seems to be a trend in hip hop for producers/artist to go back and sample jewels, ie. Missy (she's eatin' it up) and LL. People want to take it back to a time when shit was good. "Rap" music now gotta go cause I hear the bullshit so much I am actually starting to like it.
nik39 3:53 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I most certainly dont, so it looks like your the providing false info...

Are you accusing me of telling lies and faking quotes? Here again

Quote:
I just download most of my stuff off limewire

YOU posted that here scratchlive.net <-click.

Oh and, dont call me a nazi, if you know me so well (thats what you say...) then either you dont know the meaning of a nazi or you're plain stupid. Calling me nazi just cause I live in Germany is a weak shot.

Back to the subject. Talking about the missiy track, I thought its already an older club joint? I am a bit surprised its been mentioned as "its getting hot".
tig ol' bitties 7:41 PM - 10 March, 2006
yeah and if see the date, thats in december.
Since then I have cancelled my thing and no longer use it, becuz of this site. So live in the present my friend. ok im dont i just had to check this to see what your response was.

and yes that missy joint is old as hell, but girls like her much.
tig ol' bitties 7:43 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
Tig ol,

It's really not that serious. Everyone has their own opinions and they are entitlted to them.

Back to the thread now. One of my all time bangas has to be Xzibit's "Choke Me, Spank Me". The ladies love this joint.

and yes you are true, jus like im entitled to mine. And nik jus by the way you mentioned in your OLD thread you made me read "3rd is not to pass yourself as someone who you are not, not pretend to be a moderator."

hmmmmmmmmmm.....
AFR33K1000 7:48 PM - 10 March, 2006
oh Damn, you got KNOCKED DUH FUK out...niK39
AFR33K1000 7:52 PM - 10 March, 2006
Anybody check out that Hyphy shit? From Federation it's that west coast thang-bay area, Along the lines of E 40 "tell me when to go"...This could be the next generation "westcoast gangsta shit" Goood stuff.
nik39 7:53 PM - 10 March, 2006
titties, get your facts straight.

afreek, do I really need to respond to your amusing comments?
tig ol' bitties 7:56 PM - 10 March, 2006
what facts Nik??????..if we are following your eutopia of rules, then guess what we both in violation. I am not nice and you think your somebody your not, so shhh.
tig ol' bitties 7:58 PM - 10 March, 2006
^^or is get your facts straight something you say when you know you are wrong for once?
tig ol' bitties 8:00 PM - 10 March, 2006
whats the track with the lord tariq and peter gunz beat, with a chick rhyming over it??
nik39 8:05 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
I am not nice and you think your somebody your not, so shhh.

I am just an ordinary forum user just like you. The point that you insist on me thinking that I am a mod just shows you didnt understand a single word of the old link I posted before.
If you know me so well as you say you do, you should know that I dont have a problem with saying when I am wrong.
AFR33K1000 8:06 PM - 10 March, 2006
It is amusing though,like I said TagTeam homey I'm commin in

i42.photobucket.com
AFR33K1000 8:08 PM - 10 March, 2006
"Uptown baby"?
tig ol' bitties 8:09 PM - 10 March, 2006
No I understand the thread, I jus think its your opinion and i dont agree with it.

yes you are right, some people need to step in at some points, but not in every instance like you do. I dont want this board shut down either, but i think you are taking it to far. Its not going to. NO ONE is posting illegal stuff, the only thing that is even close to that is mentioning of pools, which is obv not a problem if mods arent involving themselves into the thread. I am sorry for posting my thread on the shift pool, i should have said guys check this out let me know what u think, and this whole problem would have been alleviated.

whatever dude, can anyone help me wit that song i mention, the ny ny peter gunz beat, with a chick over it?? its old, but hot.
tig ol' bitties 8:09 PM - 10 March, 2006
yeah uptown baby, but it has a girl singing on it, rather then those dudes.
tig ol' bitties 8:10 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
It is amusing though,like I said TagTeam homey I'm commin in

i42.photobucket.com

hahaha, thats hilarious.
nik39 8:10 PM - 10 March, 2006
Its tatyana ali.
tig ol' bitties 8:11 PM - 10 March, 2006
really?? damn, thats crazy she sounds like beyonce.

i knew she had potential
nik39 8:12 PM - 10 March, 2006
Not sure if we are talking about the same song, its about 6 years old.
tig ol' bitties 8:13 PM - 10 March, 2006
well if its the one with the uptown baby beat then i would assume it is.
AFR33K1000 8:16 PM - 10 March, 2006
Damn for once your'e usefull nic39.......who said "Cops ain't there when you need them"

Nice one though, Tatyana ali "Daydreaming"
AFR33K1000 8:19 PM - 10 March, 2006
Yo I'm bumpin to that right now, Dl'd off a lim.............oppps I uh mean listening to a preview on Amazon.com. Shits NICE!
tig ol' bitties 8:21 PM - 10 March, 2006
hahahaha..oh man, we would be good friends if we lived near each other i bet. hahaha, i jus heard it one windows media player, im feelin it, might have to make a comeback..
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 8:26 PM - 10 March, 2006
ok kids... this is my last warning! don't make me turn this van around. & keep your hands to yourself. stop poking each other... or else i just gonna give these Disneyland tickets to your cousins.
AFR33K1000 8:26 PM - 10 March, 2006
No doubt, Yo so is that Ali as in the daugther of Mr Mohomad? You say Boston huh, I live right down below you off the cape.......Marthas Vineyard. You got gigs on for St. Patty's Day?
tig ol' bitties 8:28 PM - 10 March, 2006
Nah, isnt it the girl from fresh prince of bel air???

Oh word, I KNEW it...MASSHOLES unite. hahahaah...
nah no gigs mayne, I will be way too drunk for that..car bombs at noon, im 100% irish, you know how i gets down.
djransom 8:29 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
ok kids... this is my last warning! don't make me turn this van around. & keep your hands to yourself. stop poking each other... or else i just gonna give these Disneyland tickets to your cousins.

LMAO.

Mike,

I checked out that track by 40 "U & Dat" that you were referring to and it is indeed a banga.
tig ol' bitties 8:34 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:

go ahead, disneyland sucks, disney world is where its at!!
AFR33K1000 8:36 PM - 10 March, 2006
Dumb ass I am: en.wikipedia.org

MASSHOLE eh what you wann beef now?

i42.photobucket.com

True to the core,maybe that's why nobody else gets this humor.........to serious.
AFR33K1000 8:38 PM - 10 March, 2006
Naah neva neva land.....daddy where's mikey?
tig ol' bitties 8:45 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
Dumb ass I am: en.wikipedia.org

MASSHOLE eh what you wann beef now?

i42.photobucket.com

True to the core,maybe that's why nobody else gets this humor.........to serious.

hahah..that shirt is ill.

I know I have really been thinking that lately..esp with this board, but in real life. Like whenever i go out with my roomie when his friends from NY, conn, and NH come thru they think I am some kind of wierdo with that i do and say, but it def stems from being a masshole my whole life. The thing is I think people from mass are the only people who are with it. Dont get me wrong i am only saying in some areas, such as driving, we are the best. no one else from out of state can drive for shit, and our slang and accent is unbeatable. VIVA LA MASSHOLES!!
tig ol' bitties 8:45 PM - 10 March, 2006
wicked pissa dude..
AFR33K1000 9:04 PM - 10 March, 2006
Haaaa! "wicked pissa dude" that shits classic.

Yhea, I could see how this nonsence goes right over peeps heads. Too cynical round these parts......Thank god I live here though, I most def wouldn't want to live in one of those RED states right now, they be lynchin Yankees & Democrats right about now.You know McCartheism = Terrorism same bullshit propaganda.
AFR33K1000 9:05 PM - 10 March, 2006
Eh, nik39 you really from Micronesia?
tig ol' bitties 9:12 PM - 10 March, 2006
Quote:
Haaaa! "wicked pissa dude" that shits classic.

Yhea, I could see how this nonsence goes right over peeps heads. Too cynical round these parts......Thank god I live here though, I most def wouldn't want to live in one of those RED states right now, they be lynchin Yankees & Democrats right about now.You know McCartheism = Terrorism same bullshit propaganda.

yeah mayne, leave it up to those RED states to go fuckin up the country like they have..i hope they realize that next election blue is true..we be smart folk up in here these parts, reckon?

hows the dj scene in martha vineyard, i would think pretty non existent?
AFR33K1000 9:30 PM - 10 March, 2006
Yup not much in the winter, But Summertime comes all dem hotties from all over the pace to get down here...Many many college bitches n' shit. So fortunatly I have residence at 2 bars/clubs. One's apx. 200 capacity the other kinda small 'bout apx 80
The shit goes down fo sure....keeps me happy.

As far as other Dj go, sux no one here worthy to collab with They got like 4 techno/house Djs (you know how boring that shit gets) Then like one "Top 40 shit box eater" Dj...Definitly lookin for some good Dj's w/ skills to vibe off a round here nah mean?

The Cities gotta be poppin for that right? let me know where the nice spot is next time I head up there, you know "hella good music w/ no glam" type of club/bars.
tig ol' bitties 9:38 PM - 10 March, 2006
yeah I feel you tons of spots up herrr. Rumor, roxy is glam but it pops, this new spot jus opened on tuesdays, tons of ish mayne..well yo i am lookin to expand a lil bit if you got any good hookups for weekend gigs PM me and let me know i am def down to make the trip...
AFR33K1000 10:08 PM - 10 March, 2006
Fo sho, They got this one bar I used to play at (falling out...were cool now though)and I know they been gettin a Dj from boston to come down for the weekends, so if you got peep skills & good bullshittin you could probly get in the door.
I wouldn't even mind tag teaming sometime at the Warf pub (where I play now)shits nice like that sometimes. You know when you can't quite find that next song to fit, then BAM! the other one comes in with some heater you didn't even think you could mix in......

Yheah I heard of Roxy ( I think Lansdown st. ?)
Didn't Steven Tyler own that place-Aerosmith.
If so a long time ago I saw No Doubt there just before they got big (yheah I know it's always "before they got big")
They opened up for this Ska band called VooDoo glow sculls, Dat bitch Gwen Stefani was fucking hot back then too. Doin' that "I'm Just a girl" I just wanted to Fuck the livin' shi..........uh I mean anyways the show was good. Yheah thats it.
AFR33K1000 10:09 PM - 10 March, 2006
Fuck I HATE censorship!
AFR33K1000 10:32 PM - 10 March, 2006
Eh Tig Ol'

I know you probly seen this, but it's damn funny/scandoluos. Good laughs, & of course our good ol' friend Paunch39-from CHIPS is up in there

www.scratchlive.net
nik39 10:39 PM - 10 March, 2006
afreek, you dont understand a single word of that timecode/control signal thing I was commenting on and hottrack was replying to, why do you bother at all? Do you get paid for mentioning my name? You must have been fooled by someone, cause you wont get a damn dime, bro. Let it go. :-D
AFR33K1000 11:13 PM - 10 March, 2006
^^^^Yo, I wans't shittin ya^^^^

I was just giving you an honorable mention cause you so "honorable"

Yheah I read english & am probably twice as nerdy as you, to be honest he shoulda made the TCS from MsPink's singnal it's way tighter and they got's them shits in color too (though Pink I might add-fuckin fags overthere or sumptin')

All about that "physical location stamps"

So what it doo doo?

But check the science homey: www.mspinky.com
nik39 11:35 PM - 10 March, 2006
A l33t nickname doesnt make you l33t.

Quote:
Yheah I read english & am probably twice as nerdy as you, to be honest he shoulda made the TCS from MsPink's singnal it's way tighter

You didnt do your homeworks. Miss Pinky has 155 positions per revolution that equals to 86 positions per second. You think this is tight? SSL has at 1000 positions per second (maybe I forgot a factor of 2, that would make 2k, not sure). So Miss Pinky is inferiour.

You tell me doo doo.
AFR33K1000 11:54 PM - 10 March, 2006
Doo doo? Who you callin doo doo? You trying to start beef on this forum? I think callin' someone SHIT is very derogitory language. let's see so that breaks rule #.................oh #1 BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nik39 12:00 AM - 11 March, 2006
Oh, I didnt know the exact meaning of doo doo in english, sorry. It has a different meaning in my language.
We shouldnt both talk about things we dont know about. Me doodoo, and you timecode and "physical location stamps". Copy and past is nice, right.
DJ_Mike_Coquilla 12:10 AM - 11 March, 2006
Quote:
I checked out that track by 40 "U & Dat" that you were referring to and it is indeed a banga.
yo djransom ... where can i get a sample....can't seem to find it on iTunes at tha moment
AFR33K1000 12:14 AM - 11 March, 2006
Well stop trash talkin dude, cause it's upsetting me.

Don't make me go find a modorator n bust your ass

Quote:
Copy and past is nice, right.

No, it isn't.......You plagiarizing freak,I just "quote" its's more couth that way.
AFR33K1000 12:26 AM - 11 March, 2006
Quote:
Quote:
yo djransom ... where can i get a sample....can't seem to find it on iTunes at tha moment

You guys really like that vocoder shit? (yheah I know the bitches love that stuff-T pain "I'm in love with a stripper") Oh well, it's laright I guess.........I think I'd run sompin' like Next or Monifa insted
tig ol' bitties 12:26 AM - 11 March, 2006
damn yo, you angry. hahaha.
AFR33K1000 12:29 AM - 11 March, 2006
Nahh, just bored Ha.
AFR33K1000 12:36 AM - 11 March, 2006
So nik39 what does "doo doo" mean in Micronesian?

I might need to learn some good potty language when I travel over to your country and blow up your Dj spot. Show you how some real patriots move the crowd. Shit that Island don't look to big to take over, got any oil?
nik39 12:59 AM - 11 March, 2006
Quote:
Well stop trash talkin dude, cause it's upsetting me.

Don't make me go find a modorator n bust your ass

Bust cause you are upset? Haha. ... Dont force yourself. Go ahead. Dial 911. You know I am a cop, dont be surprised if its me picking up the line. LOL

Quote:
I might need to learn some good potty language when I travel over to your country and blow up your Dj spot.

If your DJ skills is like your abilities to understand timecode I wouldnt even think of battling. Haha.

Quote:
Copy and past is nice, right.

It wasn hard to copy+paste the term "physical location stamps", was it?
AFR33K1000 1:04 AM - 11 March, 2006
Your gettin better nik.

Ah right this is WAR time to post up your best mix/routine whatever anyone wanna join in?