DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

For all you 57 lovers

tnccotracting 9:06 PM - 20 October, 2013
I am heart broken about the 57, and sl1 I have them both, I feel like if it ain't broke don't fix it. It a lot of us djs with these tools, mine work with no problem, so I feel like I have no need to update to the newest mixer or software, when most electronics are released to the public they are all ready obsolete , I feel like the 57 and sl1 are in the same boat, so it's really no need to get upset I was so comfortable running 1.9.2 I didn't want to update to 2.3 or 2.4, I have all that I need with my 57 and sl1, it sure beats carrying 6 cases of records to a gig, so our beloved technology will continue to move forward, I will not upgrade until I feel it's nesseseary
dj big mike 58 12:52 PM - 28 October, 2013
A-MEN.. I was told when I purchased my 57 three years ago it would be future proof .57 still works great .why should i have to buy new mixer and software....Rane stuck it to a lot of djs
pdidy 5:02 PM - 28 October, 2013
Quote:
A-MEN.. I was told when I purchased my 57 three years ago it would be future proof .57 still works great .why should i have to buy new mixer and software....Rane stuck it to a lot of djs

There a lot that you don't understand
dj big mike 58 7:25 PM - 28 October, 2013
please ease my mind
pdidy 8:38 PM - 28 October, 2013
Quote:
please ease my mind

The rane 57 uses old usb 1.1 technology which has its limitations compared to today's standards. Serato wisely choose not to build on old technology in order to advance and evolve into the future with hardware using usb 2.0.

This short bit of information should lead you on a road of enlightenment if you choose to do your research.
Quote:
I was told when I purchased my 57 three years ago it would be future proof

Well this depends on what your definition of "future proof" is and is it even rational thinking ?
Did you get this information from a reputable source like a rane or serato Representative ?

Quote:
.why should i have to buy new mixer and software

Well thats just it, YOU DONT because as you said it "still works great" Right ? (no gun to your head)
Quote:
Rane stuck it to a lot of djs

how is that when djs have a choice to evolve with technology or not ?
pdidy 8:44 PM - 28 October, 2013
I use a rane 57 regularly and still own a sl1 so Im not happy about its limitation but I understand it ;)
djstingray 7:51 AM - 31 October, 2013
I have never had a problem with USB1 and the 57. You "SHOULD" be able to run a stable copy of SL for a while. Once 2014 hits, (Jan 1st) if something goes wrong and SL stops working because of a mac/windows update, OS change etc your 57 would basically be bricked into an analog mixer until you can fix the software yourself. 2014 is only 1 year and 2 months away. SELL YOUR 57 or beware. Was my favorite mixer ever, sold it to get a 62. Love both.
pdidy 2:49 PM - 31 October, 2013
Quote:
I have never had a problem with USB1 and the 57. You "SHOULD" be able to run a stable copy of SL for a while.

this part is true...
Quote:
Once 2014 hits, (Jan 1st) if something goes wrong and SL stops working because of a mac/windows update, OS change etc your 57 would basically be bricked into an analog mixer until you can fix the software yourself. 2014 is only 1 year and 2 months away. SELL YOUR 57 or beware.

this part is complete misinformation so disregard.

djstingray , were are you getting you information from ?
pdidy 3:04 PM - 31 October, 2013
Quote:
Once 2014 hits, (Jan 1st) if something goes wrong and SL stops working because of a mac/windows update, OS change etc your 57 would basically be bricked into an analog mixer until you can fix the software yourself. 2014 is only 1 year and 2 months away. SELL YOUR 57 or beware.

it sounds like you guys are getting your info from the same place so im curious were this is coming from ? serato.com
djstingray 3:34 AM - 1 November, 2013
It was disclosed in a video, saying that SL will be not supported by 2014. One of the official videos launching DJ and 64 and pioneer mixer.
pdidy 4:26 AM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:
It was disclosed in a video, saying that SL will be not supported by 2014. One of the official videos launching DJ and 64 and pioneer mixer.

Ok, so this is a simple misunderstanding.
Please review the video again, specifically 1:30 to 2:10. Watchwww.youtube.com

Do you have a better understanding now ?

Serato scratchlive and your 57 will remain operational forever, provided you can live that long ;)
djstingray 5:34 AM - 1 November, 2013
My bad, 2015.

Alright, new video explains more. That is good.

But not a guarantee.

We should ask them now how many DJ's will be needed to be worth continuing support for, so when that day comes, we can do a petition.

I would love go get another 57. Was almost about to sell my 62 to go back to it.
pdidy 7:17 AM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:
But not a guarantee.

what exactly do you mean by that ? what other guarantee would we need ?
Quote:

We should ask them now how many DJ's will be needed to be worth continuing support for, so when that day comes, we can do a petition.

As per the video, serato will always provide technical support if you choose to continue using it. I dont really get the need for a petion because the 57 does not break and/or cease to function after 2015. It will continue to work as good as it ever has forever, provided the user continues to use compatible gear. In a since, it will never age and remain the same after its last update.

Due it technical limitation (usb1.1) its naturally reached the end of its life cycle, therefore making a petition warrantless. When technology evolves, some things have to be left behind in order to advance.

What reason do you see left to justify a petition ?
Dj Nyce 2:22 PM - 1 November, 2013
yeah there is a timebomb in the 57. on jan 1, 2015 a funkmaster flex bomb will play and the 57 will self-destruct.
tnccotracting 4:12 PM - 1 November, 2013
I look at it like this, if they would have made a 62 in a 57 case its would be great, cause the 62 61 68 64, are all bigger that a 10'' battle style mixer technology is obsolete when its released so its always a matter of time before every electronic device is out dated, your phone, computer, flat screen tv ect I have all out dated apple products, and my take on it is if it still works its fine with me
pdidy 5:15 PM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:
its always a matter of time before every electronic device is out dated, your phone, computer, flat screen tv ect I have all out dated apple products, and my take on it is if it still works its fine with me

+1
DJ Eighty 8 2:46 PM - 2 November, 2013
My 2009 MacBook Pro is "technically" outdated, but I still use it on a day-to-day basis and it's never failed me. Now do I petition and boycott Apple cause they stop putting CD drives on their computers? The 57 was/is/and will always be a "great" mixer, but it's time for being "King Of The Hill" is just over. I have a 62 and that too will be replaced and I have no intentions on going to Serato DJ ANYTIME soon. I fully understand moving forward and I'm not mad about me having a mixer that won't fully control Serato DJ the way a 64 does. With the new news, you could argue that the 62 is "technically" outdated?
pdidy 6:06 PM - 2 November, 2013
Quote:
yeah there is a timebomb in the 57. on jan 1, 2015 a funkmaster flex bomb will play and the 57 will self-destruct.

Im amazed at how many people believe this.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:31 PM - 4 November, 2013
For the people concerned about not being able to use their 57 in a few years due to computers not working with 1.1 devices (which is completely our of Rane/Serato's control) I say buy a second laptop now that will work with the 57. Store it away until the day your current computer takes a dive and then use the new/old computer with Scratch Live for another 4 or 5 years. If you want to use the 57 for the next ten years than buy two backup computers. The 57 will work with Scratch Live forever given you use compatible gear with it.
monchi 5:54 PM - 4 November, 2013
^^^ This, if they don't comprehend, oh well. Thanks for putting it in lame man's term.
DJ Eighty 8 11:26 PM - 4 November, 2013
^^^.......CLOSE THREAD!
DJ Remix Detroit 4:42 PM - 5 November, 2013
Quote:
For the people concerned about not being able to use their 57 in a few years due to computers not working with 1.1 devices (which is completely our of Rane/Serato's control) I say buy a second laptop now that will work with the 57. Store it away until the day your current computer takes a dive and then use the new/old computer with Scratch Live for another 4 or 5 years. If you want to use the 57 for the next ten years than buy two backup computers. The 57 will work with Scratch Live forever given you use compatible gear with it.

by the time you spend $1000 - $1500 on another mac, you might as well buy a 62
The Rabbit Monk 8:38 PM - 7 November, 2013
what i don't get is a company shafts the people who have bought there product and there people excusing there actions.

At the end of the day we paid good money for our mixer and then to turn around and say we're not supporting after a certain period of time its not good at all.

I hate selling mixers because you always end up with less than you paid.

I have a SL2 as well so it doesn't really matter to me that much but if i use that the buttons i paid for on the mixer don't work.
DJ Remix Detroit 9:07 PM - 7 November, 2013
Quote:
a company shafts the people

nobody has been shafted...

the only thing that is consistent about technology, is that it is always changing at a rapid pace.

so what you buy today, will be obsolete tomorrow... c'mon man, this is electronics 101

ya'll kill me, actin like the 57 will never work again. smdh.
The Rabbit Monk 9:45 PM - 7 November, 2013
i never said it won't work, I just think they should make more effort to keep updating it.
They are just washing there hands of it.

Like i said i have an SL2 so it's not the end of the world but come on act like you give a toss.
which they clearly don't.
The Rabbit Monk 9:48 PM - 7 November, 2013
let me ask you this when the update comes out what sghould i do?
should i update or should i not because i have the sl2?

My concern is if i do and then want to use the 57 without the sl2 it won't work.
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:08 PM - 7 November, 2013
We're not shafting anyone.
The 57 is going on 10 years old which is ridiculously long when looking at hardware that works with other technology.
You can continue to use Scratch Live with your TTM57 for the rest of your life and we'll continue to offer technical support for it.
There is only so far we can go with an old USB 1.1 device.

You can use Serato DJ and Scratch Live with your SL2.
The Rabbit Monk 10:15 PM - 7 November, 2013
ok but should i update or not?
The Rabbit Monk 10:16 PM - 7 November, 2013
and zach was i emailing you recently about some fader knobs?
pdidy 10:28 PM - 7 November, 2013
@ The Rabbit Monk, May I recommend you ask questions and do a lil more research Before making some of your unfounded claims. You seem to be lacking in a clear understanding of what's really going on Sir.
The Rabbit Monk 10:30 PM - 7 November, 2013
and you pdidy seem to hold yourself in high regard. do you work for rane or something?
pdidy 10:35 PM - 7 November, 2013
Quote:
and you pdidy seem to hold yourself in high regard. do you work for rane or something?

NOPE, just a humble regular dude.
pdidy 10:37 PM - 7 November, 2013
Oh Yea, With a dash of sarcasm ;)
The Rabbit Monk 11:00 PM - 7 November, 2013
Ok if that the case please do not talk down to me. I bought mixer a few months ago and now to be told they are offering no update is abit of a kick in the nuts. That said I enjoy my mixer and have no real issues with it.

The claim is due to the USB they can only go so far with it. But forthcoming update main gain is the sync. Which to be fair I can survive without but would prefer. The way I see it is that they should update the 57 this time and then say there not updating anymore. It's not that they can't do it, it's more that they won't because they don't think it's worth it.
pdidy 11:52 PM - 7 November, 2013
So sorry Mr. Rabbit Monk, I did not mean to hurt your feelings.....Bad pdidy.
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:14 AM - 8 November, 2013
You can have Scratch Live and Serato DJ on your computer at the same time.
When you want to control SSL with your 57 use Scratch Live and when you want to use sync use Serato DJ with your SL2.
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:15 AM - 8 November, 2013
Quote:

Probably:) I send a lot of them out:)
The Rabbit Monk 12:15 AM - 8 November, 2013
lol i don't even know what to say to that. i'm sorry too.
The Rabbit Monk 12:17 AM - 8 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Probably:) I send a lot of them out:)

yea i'm pretty sure it was you. you asked me to contact the uk contact but i've received no response from them. is there no chance you can send them to the UK?
The Rabbit Monk 12:29 AM - 8 November, 2013
forgot to say please
Rane, Support
Zach S 12:36 AM - 8 November, 2013
You should be able to call Sennheiser and reach someone over the phone no problem.

I'm guessing I gave their contact info to you but if not:

Sennheiser UK Ltd.
Pacific House, third Avenue, Globe Park
Bucks, United States SL7 1EY
Tel 44 1628 402 224
Fax 44 1494 551550
Email: info@sennheiser.co.uk

They are the ones you'll need to go through for repairs or replacement parts.
tnccotracting 1:14 AM - 10 November, 2013
Will the new vinyl still work with the hardware of the 57-sl1?
tnccotracting 1:14 AM - 10 November, 2013
The new clears , and colors are dope
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:14 PM - 11 November, 2013
Quote:
Will the new vinyl still work with the hardware of the 57-sl1?

Yes.
dj-freestyle 8:10 PM - 11 November, 2013
Zach beat me to it. they said cleary that control tone they moved to serato dj is same as scratch live and they did that to keep us serato control collectors from freaking the hell out. lol lol lol. dub has power.
westell54 12:37 AM - 15 November, 2013
I don't want to keep beating this subject to death but I think my only issue with the discontinuation of SL/57 development is that the effects in SL were kinda weak compared to the way they sound in SDJ. I wish they could at least have at least improved on those or added them to the 57's firmware.

Aside from that, I too am surprised that it lasted this long due to the USB 1.1 connection. I think computers will drop support for it before Serato does.
DJ Eighty 8 1:13 AM - 15 November, 2013
Quote:
I don't want to keep beating this subject to death but I think my only issue with the discontinuation of SL/57 development is that the effects in SL were kinda weak compared to the way they sound in SDJ. I wish they could at least have at least improved on those or added them to the 57's firmware.

Aside from that, I too am surprised that it lasted this long due to the USB 1.1 connection. I think computers will drop support for it before Serato does.

Those effects were upgraded several times along with everything else on that mixer. Trust me it was used to it's potential and that's why so many bought one. It's so good people just got one a few months to a year ago and didn't even realize this mixer is "accent" in the technology world. It's the technology that's old, not the mixer itself and to be honest I still want one....
westell54 1:36 AM - 15 November, 2013
Well, there's likely a lot of people who'd be willing to sell you one...
DJ Eighty 8 1:39 AM - 15 November, 2013
Quote:
Well, there's likely a lot of people who'd be willing to sell you one...

U ain't never lied........still a bad-ass mixer though and I'm sure I won't over pay.
westell54 1:42 AM - 15 November, 2013
Yeah, I'll likely keep mine long after it's usefulness has faded as a collectors piece. I'm still a huge fan of those transform switches... I still don't understand what made Rane think nobody liked them enough to carry them over.
DJ Eighty 8 2:10 AM - 15 November, 2013
Quote:
Yeah, I'll likely keep mine long after it's usefulness has faded as a collectors piece. I'm still a huge fan of those transform switches... I still don't understand what made Rane think nobody liked them enough to carry them over.

I was an advocate of the Rane 62 having 4 joysticks, LOL!
Culprit 12:52 AM - 18 November, 2013
A backup MBP 15" 2010 or 2011 which runs video good I've seen go for around $600 so its not a bad idea and just make sure you got your music on a portable fw800 drive
Dj Technic74 4:08 AM - 26 November, 2013
$1200 later they want to get rid of them. I have no problem with the ttm 57. But I guess all good things come to a end. But I'm going to use mine until it start smoking!!! Long as I can still spin my videos on it!!!
The Rabbit Monk 5:17 PM - 2 December, 2013
Thank you Serato/Sennheiser/Rane for my new faders. I'm totally made up and very greatful as since i've had the mixer my fader have been flying off just as i get my scratch on.
These new fader fit nice and tight.

thanks again very very happy.
tnccotracting 1:05 AM - 20 December, 2013
Quote:

My boy just got the new MacBook and he said it works perfectly fine with his 57
pdidy 1:25 AM - 20 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

My boy just got the new MacBook and he said it works perfectly fine with his 57

Yes and it should but that was not the point, this is...
"For the people concerned about not being able to use their 57 in a >>few years<< due to >>computers not working with 1.1 devices<<"
Culprit 8:40 AM - 20 December, 2013
Its a possibility
richholland34 4:39 AM - 28 December, 2013
, usb is history in a short while, first from the more selfbuild desktop users, with the newest gear, but you still see audioware makers ,using 1.1 on their 'new hardware', 20 years old, just like mp3...they finally go away....and the people get what they pay for...uncompressed music.... But updating to 2.0 is not a huge undertaking. But pci-x is at is end and usb 3.0....
When i was looking for a normal mixer, i was amazed how you dare to come with your new A&H mixer(2012), with hi-speed 1.1...., but we allow it....
greetings from holland
Gnotorious 10:09 PM - 13 January, 2014
I realize this has been covered pretty thoroughly here but I also just bought the 57 roughly 3 years ago for around $1300 so regardless of the reasons for dropping support for it, it's pretty disappointing to me. I've have several mixers over the years since I started DJing in 1994 and figured it was time to sort of "settle down" and get something solid that would sort of be the mixer I'd use from now on. The argument that that model of mixer is "a whole 10 years old" (I've only had mine for three of those) or "old technology" falls on deaf ears with me. I play on Technics 1200s, a turntable that was originally launched in 1972, and sure they don't make those anymore either but they had a good 38 year run. All I was really looking for was a good, solid, professional grade 2 channel mixer that would last, and to not have to deal with a separate Serato box and all the cables. Apparently I made a very wrong decision.

I could honestly care less about the new features and sync button (woohoo!). I watched the video and heard that it will be supported at least until 2015 but really, 4 years use out of the flagship feature of a $1300 DJ mixer? Like I said, I don't care about the new features, I just want to be able to play music off my laptop using vinyl. I'll leave the controllers and CDJs to the kids and newbies.

So my choice in the future once I have to upgrade laptops/OSes beyond what will eventually be supported is to either try to sell the thing and buy a new big expensive mixer (this experience has pretty much assured I will never do that again), or buy a box to connect to the mixer I have that already has basically the same components built into it. That is, aside from the USB port, which has to be the least significant part of a digital DJ box. I'm just not clear why supporting USB1.1 which has been working just fine to do what I want it to all along, is all of a sudden not possible. USB has always been backwardly compatible.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now but I just had to add my displeasure since apparently that's all I can really do. That and fork out more money at some point.
Rane, Support
Zach S 10:28 PM - 13 January, 2014
If you don't need the new features in Serato DJ and if you want to safe guard yourself from your mixer not being compatible with new OSs and computer hardware go buy yourself another computer now and put it on the shelf until your current computer takes a dive.
That will give you at least an additional 3+ years with your 57 and Scratch Live. Buy two computers and that will give you 6+ years.
Quote:
I'm just not clear why supporting USB1.1 which has been working just fine to do what I want it to all along, is all of a sudden not possible. USB has always been backwardly compatible.

Going forward Serato is going to be adding more and more to the software which is going to need more and more bandwidth. USB 1.1 isn't going to cut it.
Gnotorious 10:47 PM - 13 January, 2014
I'm sorry Zach, I understand the business reasons for this whole thing but "go buy a couple extra laptops" isn't a particularly satisfying answer.
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:41 PM - 13 January, 2014
Its either that or sell your 57 and update to a mixer that is going to stay current with new OSs and computer hardware.
pdidy 12:44 AM - 14 January, 2014
Quote:
I'm sorry Zach, I understand the business reasons for this whole thing but "go buy a couple extra laptops" isn't a particularly satisfying answer.

Its apparent you do fully understand what's going on here and how it affects you.

If you don't need the additional feature as you stated then you don't need to upgrade. Just stay were you are and your 57 will operate as usual forever and ever provided you keep a laptop that is compatible with the 57. This is what Zach S was trying to explain to you but I think you missed the point.

A person with your needs and requirements does NOT need to be concerned about the ending of usb1.1 support and 57 support because it will not affect you in any way what so ever.
pdidy 12:45 AM - 14 January, 2014
correction: dont fully understand
djdannyd 8:02 PM - 15 January, 2014
dude it's like arguing with tv stations because your dipole antennas are obsolete.
Turntablist night0ne 12:01 AM - 31 January, 2014
Another option would be to sell your 57 witch you can still good money from it (prolly around 800$ usd +) and buy a rane sixty one (you can get great deal around 1.1-1.2k on ebay for a open box or a slightly used one since they came out in 2012). So that would cost 300-400$ for an upgrade witch is better than buying few extra laptops hehe.

In any way tho, even if they don't support the 57 anymore, I don't really see why you would have problems using it in the next 10 years
Two Toes 1:42 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
If you don't need the new features in Serato DJ and if you want to safe guard yourself from your mixer not being compatible with new OSs and computer hardware go buy yourself another computer now and put it on the shelf until your current computer takes a dive.
That will give you at least an additional 3+ years with your 57 and Scratch Live. Buy two computers and that will give you 6+ years.

What a pathetic response.
pdidy 1:47 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

What a pathetic response.

Please do explain.....in detail.
Two Toes 2:04 AM - 4 February, 2014
I don't really feel the need to...... in detail.

Simply put, to tell someone, a customer, to 'go buy yourself another computer now and put it on the shelf until your current computer takes a dive' is, well, pathetic.

I understand Zach has more than likely gone over this debate numerous times and this "response" is what he has come down to, and it seems is sticking to it.

I also see that Zach does a great job in other areas on this forum for members, and from what I have read of his posts in other areas, this response deserves the "pathetic" tag I have labelled it with.
westell54 2:58 AM - 4 February, 2014
In all fairness, I think that people who are upset about the 57 have earned some wiggle room to vent about the decision to drop it from the lineup. Especially the new buyers that are getting an expensive crash course in "do your research". It seems like the most irritating part is when everyone else just tells them to suck it up, or go buy more laptops.
pdidy 4:21 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:

Simply put, to tell someone, a customer, to 'go buy yourself another computer now and put it on the shelf until your current computer takes a dive' is, well, pathetic.

I understand Zach has more than likely gone over this debate numerous times and this "response" is what he has come down to, and it seems is sticking to it.

I also see that Zach does a great job in other areas on this forum for members, and from what I have read of his posts in other areas, this response deserves the "pathetic" tag I have labelled it with.

Yea, I was just trying to give you a chance to express your self and to determine if YOU had a clear understanding of what you called "pathetic".

Apparently you are capable of neither.....IJS.
Two Toes 4:34 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yea, I was just trying to give you a chance to express your self and to determine if YOU had a clear understanding of what you called "pathetic".

Apparently you are capable of neither.....IJS.

Incorrect. YOU do not understand my meaning of "pathetic" (this is quite apparent).

It could also be used quite aptly for your recent posts ITT
pdidy 4:41 AM - 4 February, 2014
@Two Toes
No problem, Its a free world. I cant force you to express yourself clearly.

I guess if you comment truly had any merit it will never be known....
Rane, Support
Zach S 7:17 PM - 4 February, 2014
I do understand people's frustration.
My pathetic response is the only way I can see someone safeguarding themselves from there 57 working with Scratch Live once their current computer takes a dive.
If you can see a better way please share it.
FunkyRob 7:37 PM - 4 February, 2014
I tracked down my post and discovered I've had my 57 since September 3, 2011. I think 4 months later the 61 & 62 mixers were announced.

serato.com

I could have sworn it was more recent than that. Definitely doesn't feel like 10 year old technology to me.

I still haven't exactly gotten comfortable with all the buttons either, recently I accidentally hit a button and an upfader was turning down the volume. Took me a bit to figure out what I had done. It's all still feels kind of awkward the the different sections and stuff, I normally end up not using any effects at all.

I'm guessing the 62 will be easier to use once I eventually am able to get one. Probably by that time though, serato will have stopped supporting usb 2.0 and the 62 will become a relic.
BOBBY_KUSH 8:52 AM - 8 February, 2014
i paid 1800 + shipping for my ttm 57sl.. not even 3 years ago.. i only use it at home for personal use..... u guys at serato have always been great with updates & support.. & i always felt proud of using dj software without a sync button.. mixing by ear is fun ... i feel like serato is dumping me... i don't have 2000 to drop on a new mixer every 3 years.... I'm not a pro dj ..i just like to mix & listen to music ..at home.. i don't mind paying for top quality gear...
i suggest offering ttm57 owners a rebate on a new rane mixer...?? something ?? 57 users are taking it dry on this one
bicedidit 3:16 PM - 10 February, 2014
as a dj for 20 years, the only piece of equipment that has never been upgraded are my 1200's. everything else gets upgraded every couple years.

im very disappointed that serato/rane couldnt see the future and make all their flagship mixers 'future-ready'.

that is absolutely pathetic. fcuking as*holes!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:38 PM - 10 February, 2014
^^ nice.
Culprit 7:44 PM - 10 February, 2014
We call it EOL in the rental industry, it's pretty common. I loved my 57SL but I sold it and moved on when I got my 62 and a good facebook thread Ricky J started convinced me to buy an SL2 to take anywhere I gig so I can use either SSL or SDJ
dj-freestyle 8:47 PM - 10 February, 2014
Nice langauge lol lol . poor zach
Rane, Support
Zach S 8:54 PM - 10 February, 2014
:(
pdidy 10:15 PM - 10 February, 2014
Quote:
as a dj for 20 years, the only piece of equipment that has never been upgraded are my 1200's. everything else gets upgraded every couple years.

im very disappointed that serato/rane couldnt see the future and make all their flagship mixers 'future-ready'.

that is absolutely pathetic. fcuking as*holes!

This is likely sarcasm. If he were serious this would then be stupid which is why I believe it's sarcasm......lol
dj-freestyle 12:00 AM - 11 February, 2014
Im hoping. lol lol
Turntablist night0ne 9:09 AM - 28 February, 2014
The thing is even if it don't get updated anymore, it's not a big problem. I mean you'll be able to use your 57 without having any issue in the next couple years till you consider upgrading for something else.

I understand it sucks but it's also old technology in way. You decided to buy a 2006 mixer build on a 2001 mixer frame 3 years ago witch is not the smartest move if you wanna keep up with the new technology. I think it was kinda predictable to see a major upgrade in Rane mixers line 11 years after the 56/57 in a usb 2.0 and 3.0 era.

In any cases tho, you still have a very good mixer in your hand and you can either go along with it for the time you meant to use it, or either sell it at a good price and upgrade for something that just came out and try to keep up from there.

And no, I don't really think you need to stack a couple laptops in you closet witch is not a pathetic answer but more a stupid one (I don't mean to be disrespecful there) in a way that would be dumb to keep laptops that will get older and useless without getting uses. Usb 1 will still work on new pcs or mac in the next couple years so.
near05 9:55 AM - 9 April, 2014
To be honest.. at the time rane brought out the TTM 57 sl (2006)
USB 2.0 was released 6 Years age..

Safe money/costs/ development? they never added a USB 2 port to the mixer... in a time almost every device had a usb 2 port!!

Sellin a mixer in 2006 with usb 1.1.. for how many $$...

I bought mine -used- 2 years ago for about 580€, good price for a used rane mixer with a old interface..And still a price i can get today (ebay ect..)
I ll keep it - 2k for a 62 is to much.
Culprit 6:17 PM - 9 April, 2014
Quote:
To be honest.. at the time rane brought out the TTM 57 sl (2006)
USB 2.0 was released 6 Years age..

Safe money/costs/ development? they never added a USB 2 port to the mixer... in a time almost every device had a usb 2 port!!

Sellin a mixer in 2006 with usb 1.1.. for how many $$...

I bought mine -used- 2 years ago for about 580€, good price for a used rane mixer with a old interface..And still a price i can get today (ebay ect..)
I ll keep it - 2k for a 62 is to much.

I love my 62z, I loved my 57SL. I wish I didn't sell it, but I am not a gear whore. Either way, both solid units. I love my 62z though man.
Drewbdo 6:26 PM - 16 May, 2014
I love my 57SL, and plan to keep rockin' it with my Technics until it dies. Purchased used in 2012. I don't buy "bleeding edge" technology. I usually buy a generation or two later. Much less expensive, and it lets those who implement the technology early discover the bugs. :)

I also love my DDJ-SX and Serato DJ.

I wish they all played nice, and I would love to use the 57SL with SDJ. However, doesn't look like that will happen, so I guess I will wait until the Rane 75-SDJ2 mixer with USB 7.5 is released in a few years. Then I'll pick up a used 62/64/68 on the cheap.

:) lol
938MyDJ 4:27 AM - 22 May, 2014
I still use my 57 with SSL occasionally and just recently tested it with SDJ through my SL3. It works great with 3 decks.

If you want to keep your 57 and use it with SDJ, try to get a used SL2/SL3.

Although if I could sell my 57 on decent price, I will move up to a 64 or an SRT.