Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ 1.5.1 Release

Serato, Support
Aaron E 3:24 AM - 18 October, 2013
A maintenance release for Serato DJ 1.5 has now been uploaded to serato.com. The official release is Serato DJ 1.5.1, but there have been no new features or hardware added. This release is to provide greater stability.

We recommend that users navigate to the downloads page linked to above and install Serato DJ version 1.5.1
3:24 AM, 18 Oct 2013
Discussion moved to Serato DJ General Discussion
3:25 AM, 18 Oct 2013
Discussion locked by Aaron E
7:30 PM, 20 Oct 2013
Discussion unlocked by Aaron E
Energy God 2:21 PM - 22 October, 2013
Hey Dave, can you pm me the code? Thanks brotha, mixer looks amazing!
DJ Super Duke 8:37 PM - 22 October, 2013
thank god I just did some research before upgrading to Maverick..phewww

Duke
dj jamalot 7:16 AM - 26 October, 2013
1.5.1 fixed my issues crash free is the way to be still running lion didn't wanna chance it on my gig rig....
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:48 AM - 26 October, 2013
Awesome, thanks dj jamalot. Always good to hear when crashes are a thing of the past :)

Aaron
djcrap 8:16 AM - 26 October, 2013
1.5.1 is solid and stable for me so far. No complaints here i did 3 gigs back to back three days straight 7 hours each day with no problems. And 1.5.1 was running on mavericks with no issues. I know its not supported yet but after i had tested it home with no issues i couldn't see any real reason why not to test it at the club.
yeahdef 8:22 AM - 26 October, 2013
4 gigs with 1.5.1 and i have yet to see a crash. very pleased after experiencing 3 crashes on 1.5 during a single gig. good thing i had a backup in place and cued up.
dj lashes 6:37 PM - 26 October, 2013
seem like a lot of happy campers with 1.5.1 sunny days ahead....
Maskrider 4:00 AM - 27 October, 2013
Now all we need is M.E to work with SDJ.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 5:52 AM - 27 October, 2013
Thanks guys, keep the reports rolling in :)

Cheers
dj jamalot 9:47 AM - 27 October, 2013
Second nite and a big one as well..., packed house Halloween party for the Military Base I contract for and my Serato DJ came thru! I used Efx at will regained confidence in my System all's well... Thanks Serato for listening I depend on my system Thank You for restoring my confidence!!!f
stevie o 5:00 PM - 27 October, 2013
Dj'd a wedding last night. Setup was a 64 and an sp-1. Almost bug free until the right deck (deck 4) stopped working as an instant double. That sucked since I was only using 1 turntable. Also the cue buttons on the 64 didn't work the woile night so I had to use the sp-1. Was able to work around all this and get the job done but was stressful.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:02 AM - 28 October, 2013
Thanks dj jamalot, cool to hear that.

@stevie o - you should definitely open a help thread for that if you are still experiencing these issues. It would be good to get someone to look into it for you.

Cheers
jstyle 5:28 PM - 28 October, 2013
Installed the 1.5.1 final release last week. Played a 1 hour set on night 1 with no crashes. Played a 2 -3 hour set on night 2 using various effects and different combinations of doing various things to try and see if it would crash, but no crashes. Day 3 I played some background music for an event and let it run on autoplay for about 4 hours, came back and the music was still playing with no crashes. So far so good Serato.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:39 PM - 28 October, 2013
Awesome, thanks jstyle. Good to hear three quite different types of set all went well :)

Cheers
Rhadesh 10:50 AM - 31 October, 2013
There was someone with the DDJ-sx that can run 1.5.1 on Mac OSX 10.8.5 ?????????
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:39 PM - 31 October, 2013
Quote:
There was someone with the DDJ-sx that can run 1.5.1 on Mac OSX 10.8.5 ?????????

Are you having trouble with your DDJ-SX and Serato DJ 1.5.1, Radesh? There are somewhere between 50 000-100 000 units out there and we've had over 100 000 downloads of SDJ 1.5.1 so far.

We don't currently have any known issues with this combo. Have you opened a help thread?

Cheers
Unit:E 1:46 AM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:
There are somewhere between 50 000-100 000 units out there and we've had over 100 000 downloads of SDJ 1.5.1 so far.

Ha! That estimate of how many units is pretty vast. 50,000 unit difference. That would mean that possibly 50,000 units are just sitting on shelves somewhere.... poor things.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:52 AM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:
Ha! That estimate of how many units is pretty vast. 50,000 unit difference. That would mean that possibly 50,000 units are just sitting on shelves somewhere.... poor things.

Nah man, I actually know precisely how many have been sold, but I'm not at liberty to say. Hence the vagueness ;)
Dj NinEleven 4:34 PM - 4 November, 2013
Quote:

One guy right here!!!!!! No problems!!!!!!!
Bald Guy Brit 5:17 PM - 4 November, 2013
I installed 1.5.1 & used it for 6 or so hours pushing all the effects, loops Etc with video & no issues. This past weekend, at the club, it crashed after an hour. Thought maybe the track I loaded did it but after opening 1.3 , the track played. I'm at a loss why this still happens. Everything was solid until I installed 1.5.0 . I uninstalled that version, re installed 1.3 & even that version crashed ( did 1.5 leave something behind ?) so when 1.5.1 came out I thought, great everybody seems to be having luck with the update. Not me. Not sure what to do next & Im buying the Nexus system & will need 1.5 to work properly for that!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:15 PM - 4 November, 2013
Hey Bald Guy Brit

It would be best to open a help request by clicking through serato.com so one of our team can look at your situation specifically.

Cheers
Bald Guy Brit 10:50 PM - 4 November, 2013
I did that before with no response
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:57 PM - 4 November, 2013
Won't be long man, hold tight :)
Telony Ex 4:52 AM - 5 November, 2013
ok i just tried out 1.5.1 after holding out for a bit. it ran smooth for the most part about hour and a half. tried out all the effects with no issues. i know it was mentioned that it was only a maintenance release, but i noticed the option in the menu area to choose between blue and grey for played tracks. thumbs up for that. the issue i had now is that the program cannot close. it just freezes and just stay there hanging. i had to use task manager to kill it. i am running windows 7, dual core, 4 gig ram. so i gonna go back to 1.3. and please remember to fix the sync issue in the next release. i am going to create another post about it.
acemc 9:41 PM - 5 November, 2013
I did 3 gigs last week with 1.5.1 - no issues at all.
Last night I was messing around with the effects, when I switched from single to multi fx...
It crashed!! Luckily I was at home, so no biggie. But this has def got me worried. Very strange. I think Im gonna just stick to 1.3 for now.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:15 PM - 5 November, 2013
Thanks guys

I could take a guess at what is happening for each of you, but it would be best to start your own help threads to get the full attention of one of our team members. Numbers are quite low in the help area just now, so shouldn't be too long before someone gets to you.

Cheers
Bald Guy Brit 11:33 PM - 5 November, 2013
I hope this will be looked at soon, I've been waiting for quite a while with the first help request - no answer. When other DJs say, yeah that's what you get when you're dealing with software. 3 crashes on 3 separate nights - this is starting to really piss me off! I'm buying the Nexus 2000s (3) along with a pioneer mixer - now I might just revert to the Pioneer Redodbox system and usb drives as Serato is just not stable enough. I'm not a negative person & will exhaust all support options but my patience is rapidly shortening.
Kristian Valdini 3:48 PM - 6 November, 2013
Played at the Abu Dhabi F1 for three days (40º) and nights - Two Djs using 1.5.1 over 8hrs per session.

EFX, Looping etc and no crashes or problems whatsoever.

Well done!

K
Kristian Valdini 3:48 PM - 6 November, 2013
Using my DDJ-SX.

K
Bald Guy Brit 5:38 PM - 6 November, 2013
Support has contacted me & it seems like it could have been a database issue which I've rebuilt. Just played for 2 hours with loads of effects, looping, samples, video effects & so far, so good.
Rhadesh 6:41 PM - 6 November, 2013
I Bald Guy Brit

it seems my problem is the same as your's........what did you do to solve the problem?
Serato doesn't answer me......... i need user's help.......

Quote:
Support has contacted me & it seems like it could have been a database issue which I've rebuilt. Just played for 2 hours with loads of effects, looping, samples, video effects & so far, so good.
Rhadesh 6:48 PM - 6 November, 2013
Quote:
Thanks guys

I could take a guess at what is happening for each of you, but it would be best to start your own help threads to get the full attention of one of our team members. Numbers are quite low in the help area just now, so shouldn't be too long before someone gets to you.

Cheers

still waiting for help since 12:32 AM - 25 October, 2013.........
Bald Guy Brit 7:43 PM - 6 November, 2013
I answered you in the private message but It looks like a Database corruption issue. After rebuilding the database, so far so good, but I will only know after more intense testing this week prior to my live wkd gigs.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:48 PM - 6 November, 2013
Quote:
Played at the Abu Dhabi F1 for three days (40º) and nights - Two Djs using 1.5.1 over 8hrs per session.

EFX, Looping etc and no crashes or problems whatsoever.

DOPE, Love F1! Thanks for the feedback man, great to hear :)

Quote:

Nice one Bald Guy Brit, jump back in your help thread if you run into any more issues and Dave will get you sorted.

Quote:
still waiting for help since 12:32 AM - 25 October, 2013.........

Can you please give me the link to your help request Rhadesh.

Cheers
Rhadesh 11:38 PM - 6 November, 2013
Quote:
I answered you in the private message but It looks like a Database corruption issue. After rebuilding the database, so far so good, but I will only know after more intense testing this week prior to my live wkd gigs.

thank you very much.....
pumpkin patch 2:19 AM - 7 November, 2013
just did a quick test of 1.5.1 on my new 13 inch macbook pro with mavericks. checked all decks, fx, looping, record, etc. only about 30 min as of now but everything seems fine.
pumpkin patch 2:30 AM - 7 November, 2013
scratch that... it just crashed while messing with the sampler :(
Rhadesh 8:18 AM - 7 November, 2013
I Aaron E

I don't know if this is what you want:
serato.com
Rhadesh 8:50 AM - 7 November, 2013
I Pumpkin patch
Quote:
scratch that... it just crashed while messing with the sampler :(

stand in the queue of "help request" and wait, but wait sitting because you'll get tired.
Serato is more concerned to run the new hardware than make improvements to the program.
improvements such as:
better analysis of beatgrids
64bit version to work with Ableton
improve stability
etc.

this is just my opinion ......

I hope no one has more problems in the next updates.

I also hope that someday i will be able to use Serato DJ 1.5.1 or higher.

I'm sick of it, I'll stay with SDJ 1.3 that NEVER CRASHED on me.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:45 PM - 7 November, 2013
Quote:

serato.com

Yes, that's it, thanks.

I can see Matt has been helping you since the 25th of October. He's currently at the thre3style in Toronto so I'll jump in there and help continue the investigation to see what's happening in your situation.

Cheers
Rhadesh 7:54 PM - 7 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
serato.com

Yes, that's it, thanks.

I can see Matt has been helping you since the 25th of October. He's currently at the thre3style in Toronto so I'll jump in there and help continue the investigation to see what's happening in your situation.

Cheers

Thank you.....
acemc 2:55 AM - 8 November, 2013
Apart from a bit of load optimization & change of played track color,
I really didn't notice any major changes from 1.3 to 1.5, so continuing to use 1.3 isn't such a bad thing. In actual fact for guys that don't plan on using DVS, it's probably better.
Take a look in your activity monitor under "All Processes", you'll notice that since you installed 1.5 there is a lot of "Rane" stuff running (SL1, SL2, SL3, 68 etc...) of which we really don't need if not using timecode.
Rhadesh 8:44 AM - 8 November, 2013
Quote:
Apart from a bit of load optimization & change of played track color,

I really didn't notice any major changes from 1.3 to 1.5, so continuing to use 1.3 isn't such a bad thing. In actual fact for guys that don't plan on using DVS, it's probably better.

Take a look in your activity monitor under "All Processes", you'll notice that since you installed 1.5 there is a lot of "Rane" stuff running (SL1, SL2, SL3, 68 etc...) of which we really don't need if not using timecode.

Hey acmec

need glasses ???

What about Sync Off, Simple Sync with beat grids, Extended view it's diferente too, DVS, and some other things......
If they released a new update I want to use it, I think it makes sense to be updated, no?
djmunster 1:58 PM - 8 November, 2013
Can we disable all the rane processes, if using a controller
e1Borikua 2:55 PM - 11 November, 2013
coming up from serato scratch live, thanks to a CDJ-900 SRT, installed sera to DJ 1.5.1 and about 50% of the tracks are lost. Any ideas?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:25 PM - 11 November, 2013
Hey e1Borikua

It would be best for you to start your own help request by going to serato.com. One of our team will be able to help you out there.

Hi everybody else :)

I'm going to close this thread up now as it has long since served its original purpose. If you are in need of help, please go to serato.com.

Cheers
Aaron
8:26 PM, 11 Nov 2013
Discussion locked by Aaron E