Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Numark recommends Serato DJ 1.3 with its controllers

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 II
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Numark, Support
NumarkMatt 1:21 PM - 16 October, 2013
Serato DJ 1.5 was introduced primarily to deliver DVS support support for new products. However, Numark has determined that Serato DJ 1.3 offers superior stability when used with Numark controllers, including NS7, NS7II and NS6, and since the additional features of 1.5 do not dramatically impact Numark users, Serato and Numark strongly recommend that for optimum performance, Numark users download and use Serato DJ 1.3 until further notice.

[edit] - Serato DJ 1.5.1 has been released - See below [/edit]

Download Serato DJ 1.3 below
serato.com

For users who have experienced stability issues with Serato DJ 1.5 please continue to post and upload your crash logs so the software engineers can improve your experience as soon as possible.
DJselfish 2:22 PM - 16 October, 2013
HI

Thanks for the update, I've had some issues with the slipmode function hanging the program if I use it excessively.

Regards
DJSelfish
Soundwave DJ 9:10 PM - 17 October, 2013
If we are using Numark controllers can we install the effect packages that come with 1.5?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:01 PM - 17 October, 2013
Hey Soundwave DJ,

The effects packages in 1.3 and 1.5 are the same :)

Cheers,
Michael.
DJMINGIA 3:01 AM - 18 October, 2013
I can say this. With the NS7-2, Serato DJ 1.5 is no good. Random stuff like track skipping, double spin back (You spin back, hear the spinback, stop the record, and the exact sound of the spinback happens a second time like a second later). Random auto looping, etc..

I went to version 1.3, no problems. Numark, hope you see this and it helps.
Serato, Support
Karl Y 1:05 PM - 24 October, 2013
Quote:
A maintenance release for Serato DJ 1.5 has now been uploaded to serato.com. The official release is Serato DJ 1.5.1, but there have been no new features or hardware added. This release is to provide greater stability.

We recommend that users navigate to the downloads page linked to above and install Serato DJ version 1.5.1
(serato.com)
1:05 PM, 24 Oct 2013
Discussion locked by Karl Y