Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Crash

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS7 II
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Gilbert Elliott 6:14 AM - 16 October, 2013
Unboxed the NS7 II last week and I have had 2 crashes already. To my knowledge 1.3 does not work on the new controller. Everyone is having issues with 1.5. Unfortunately ist all I got. Please advise. I really thought my NS7 I was about done until I read the issues everybody was having. It was one of the big reasons I bought the NS7 II but I'm have the same crashing issues I been having since 1.5. Neither controller is stable under 1.5. Please advise.
Numark, Support
NumarkMatt 1:38 PM - 16 October, 2013
Hello Gilbert,

Serato DJ 1.5 was introduced primarily to deliver DVS support support for new products. However, Numark has determined that Serato DJ 1.3 offers superior stability when used with Numark controllers, including NS7, NS7II and NS6, and since the additional features of 1.5 do not dramatically impact Numark users, Serato and Numark strongly recommend that for optimum performance, Numark users download and use Serato DJ 1.3 until further notice.

Download Serato DJ 1.3 below
serato.com

For users who have experienced stability issues with Serato DJ 1.5 please continue to post and upload your crash logs so the software engineers can improve your experience as soon as possible.
Gilbert Elliott 2:57 PM - 16 October, 2013
Thank you for clearing that up. I will use 1.3.
Numark, Support
NumarkMatt 6:00 PM - 16 October, 2013
You are very welcome!