Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

1.5 Version crashing (Pioneer DDJ-SX)

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DANGERUST 6:16 PM - 14 October, 2013
Updated to the latest version. It work's fine at home and I like what you have done but I now have DJ twice in two weeks and it crashes.

The first set it crashed once and the song kept playing. So I waited until the song stop and ctrl/alt/del and restarted the program, which started up and was fine for the rest of the night.

I played last night and lost sound for a split second and sometime later the sound stopped and Serato crashed. Had to ctrl/alt/del. Restarted up fine but had to wait for it to read my external hard drive, this happen twice.
Very embarrassing last night because it happened more than once and it shouldn't happen in the first place.

I think I know why it's crashing, I have over 43,000 songs in iTunes and I have leant that serato can't cope with large music files. So now I only drag over certain songs and both nights I was asked for songs I hadn't already dragged over. I was placing them into the prepare section. That's when it crashed and both nights at some stage.

When I DJ in my small beach town in NZ they have a large music spectrum, so I have to have all these options available.

I will be going back to the 1.3 version until this is sorted, can't have a program which keeps crashing.

Serato seems like your more interested in adding new hardware to your software than sorting out current issue's, like memory for large library's and I haven't seen any updates or bug fixes for pioneer DDJ-SX which I use.

Laptop I use is
HP Pavilion G6 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Core (TM) i5 - 2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
4GB RAM 500GB Memory
Windows 7 Home Premium

E.H.D
Seagate 1TB

ITunes
43221 Songs/Acapellas/Instrumetals and growing weekly
267.66 GB
all stored on my e.h.d
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:31 PM - 16 October, 2013
Hi daveyrusty@gmail.com,

Sorry to hear this is happening for you. I can't stress how important it is to analyse your library.
Were you able to reproduce the crash with the same files that crashed your computer at the gig?

Here at Serato we are focussing a lot of energy on the large library issue. Its not a super easy fix, if it were, it would be fixed by now. I'm sorry you feel like its being ignored, i can assure you that is not the case.
You will see improvements in library handling in future updates. All we can ask is for your patience.

Regards

Matt P
DANGERUST 9:26 PM - 16 October, 2013
I can't remember the whole list I had in the prepare section. It would be easier to have the analyse button available when you have your hardware connected. So if someone ask for a track that isn't already analyzed.
P.s Not all the tracks I placed in perpare section wasn't analyzed.
Thanks
Dave
Serato, Support
Matt P 8:39 PM - 17 October, 2013
Hi daveyrusty@gmail.com,

I'd like to know if you can run a dpc trace report when you are getting these dropouts/crashes for me

heres how to do that - serato.com

Quote:
I can't remember the whole list I had in the prepare section. It would be easier to have the analyse button available when you have your hardware connected. So if someone ask for a track that isn't already analyzed.
P.s Not all the tracks I placed in perpare section wasn't analyzed.

Identifying the tracks would really be ideal so we can test this properly.

having an analyze option while its playing is a good idea, however if it detected a corrupt file it may crash the program, so ultimately you would get the same result.

Matt P
jedge1.8t 8:44 PM - 17 October, 2013
My serato too keeps crashing every 10 minutes, super frustrating! SERATO please fix this! theres been more than 20 incidents of mixing and the program shuts down on me. one time it happened after i recorded a 46 minute set and went to save it. this is unacceptable
jedge1.8t 8:47 PM - 17 October, 2013
BTW im running a MAC pro IOS 10.8.5 i5 6gb memory and all my files are preanalyzed. no problems with any programs except sera to
Serato, Support
Matt P 12:11 AM - 18 October, 2013
Hi jedge1.8t,

Please open a separate thread so we can help you properly

Thanks

Matt P
deejdave 4:19 AM - 19 October, 2013
Nor-B 6:07 PM - 27 October, 2013
Before last night and last night,Pioneer DDJ-SX with Serato Dj 1.5 crashes almost after every forty minutes of play.i tought was jus the video files ,but not same with audio files,i was thinking change my laptop,but i heard that other djs has the same problem ,i think serato needs to fix this quickly,so, some people says that 1.3 works fine no crashes ,is that true ?? Help..Thanks..
Serato, Support
Matt P 7:00 PM - 30 October, 2013
Nor-B,

There is a fix in the 1.5.1 update that was released a few weeks ago, to address this issue in particular. If you are still experiencing problems with the update. Please open a separate thread so we can help you properly.

serato.com

Matt P