Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

** WAVEFORMS JAM/SOB/LAG IN PC MACHINES ONLY **

RodrigoVolta 7:36 PM - 7 October, 2013
I'd like to understand why only in PC/Windows platform, the waveforms flowing with some jam/sob/lag, even if the computer is the latest generation (Core i7) and 3D accelerated video card (nVidia 2GB DDR5)? Since this does not happen on the Mac? Since with other software like Traktor, VDJ, Deckadance, Djuced, Mixxx, Future Deckes, among others, this does not happen, even on the PC?

Many people said that this is normal in Windows, but it is not, since it runs games in high definition and no similar problems.

To alleviate the problem, I have to put the desktop in classic mode (awful) and even then the improvement is small.

It's time to Serato Team check because this happens and resolve to fix it! This sure that the Mac is the best platform to work with, but many people use the PC platform and I think Serato should give a little more attention to this public!
Serato, Support
Jamie W 1:08 AM - 17 October, 2013
Hey RodrigoVolta,

Serato DJ draws waveforms on per pixel basis. The waveform can move at sub pixel velocity, so Serato DJ rounds this velocity to be pixel accurate when drawing. This can give the visual effect of a shaky waveform.

This only affects the Serato DJ waveforms visually, and does not affect Serato DJs audio performance in any way. We do hope to address this issue in the future.

:)
RodrigoVolta 2:02 AM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
Hey RodrigoVolta,

Serato DJ draws waveforms on per pixel basis. The waveform can move at sub pixel velocity, so Serato DJ rounds this velocity to be pixel accurate when drawing. This can give the visual effect of a shaky waveform.

This only affects the Serato DJ waveforms visually, and does not affect Serato DJs audio performance in any way. We do hope to address this issue in the future.

I hope that this issue can be fixed. Shacky in Windows 7/8 only, not in Mac!
Serato, Support
Jamie W 2:06 AM - 17 October, 2013
Hey RodrigoVolta,

Quote:
I hope that this issue can be fixed. Shacky in Windows 7/8 only, not in Mac!

Correct, its more of a Windows issue. We hope to fix it in a future update.

Thanks.
carsongrdn 8:02 PM - 16 November, 2013
No its not only a Window issue I have a 2012

Mac Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Software OS X 10.9
Retina Display, 2880 x 1800

and I'm experiencing the same Waveforms Lag Problems, I'm also running the latest version of SDJ 1.5.1
I have also configure my Computer for Serato by disabling Automatic Graphics Switching, Bluetooth and etc.
DJ Spinsane 10:56 PM - 4 April, 2014
Have there been any attempts to fix this? I am just now getting it on my windows laptop and it is rather frustrating when I have to play shows?
RodrigoVolta 12:14 AM - 5 April, 2014
Quote:
No its not only a Window issue I have a 2012

Mac Pro 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Software OS X 10.9
Retina Display, 2880 x 1800

and I'm experiencing the same Waveforms Lag Problems, I'm also running the latest version of SDJ 1.5.1
I have also configure my Computer for Serato by disabling Automatic Graphics Switching, Bluetooth and etc.

Hello, carsongrdn!

Strange this issue in your Macbook!

Actually, I've using a MID 2012 MBP 15" (non Retina), i7 2.3, 16GB DDR3, 750GB SHDD and Mavericks 10.9.2 and I do not having any problem with waveforms. In Windows, Yes, but in Mac, no!

Do you have checked if "DISPLAY MAXIMUM SCREEN UPDATES PER SECOND" was set to 60 in Serato DJ? SETUP > LIBRARY + DISPLAY

Update your SDJ to 1.6.1 and check the itens above.

Cheers!
RodrigoVolta 12:45 AM - 5 April, 2014
Quote:
Have there been any attempts to fix this? I am just now getting it on my windows laptop and it is rather frustrating when I have to play shows?

Hello!

In Windows 7 not have how to fix this issue 100%, but using some adjusts, you will be able to minimize the problem (use it in Win 7 only. In Win 8, not work!).

1)- Change your desktop theme to Windows Classic or Windows Basic theme. Deactive Aero.

2)- Change computer schedule to BACKGROUND SERVICES.

3)- Turn off WIRELESS and BLUETOOTH (in gig only).

4)- Change "DISPLAY MAXIMUM SCREEN UPDATES PER SECOND" to 50 in SERATO SOFTWARE.

For more information, check serato.com

Following these steps, your problem will be alleviated, but not fully fixed! When I've used the Windows PC platform, waveform almost non shake!

Good luck!
DJ Spinsane 2:35 AM - 5 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Hello!

In Windows 7 not have how to fix this issue 100%, but using some adjusts, you will be able to minimize the problem (use it in Win 7 only. In Win 8, not work!).

1)- Change your desktop theme to Windows Classic or Windows Basic theme. Deactive Aero.

2)- Change computer schedule to BACKGROUND SERVICES.

3)- Turn off WIRELESS and BLUETOOTH (in gig only).

4)- Change "DISPLAY MAXIMUM SCREEN UPDATES PER SECOND" to 50 in SERATO SOFTWARE.

For more information, check serato.com

Following these steps, your problem will be alleviated, but not fully fixed! When I've used the Windows PC platform, waveform almost non shake!

Good luck!

You sir are amazing. Thank you so much
Shalvy 2:18 PM - 8 February, 2016
Quote:
Hey RodrigoVolta,

Its been approximately 2.5 years since you said this, has anything been done?
RodrigoVolta 2:57 AM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Hey RodrigoVolta,

Its been approximately 2.5 years since you said this, has anything been done?

Nope! Nothing was fixed about it yet!
Chino 3:29 PM - 10 March, 2016
This needs needs to be fixed. Im on a Mac and the laggy/jerky wave forms have gotten worse in 1.8x. I even tried the 1.9 public beta in off line mode and the wave forms STILL are NOT smooth! Serato PLEASE fix these performance issues and concentrate on improving overall software stability.

mid 2012 MBP OSX 10.8.5 2.6 i7 16GB RAM 750GB Internal HD
CanaroMix 5:05 PM - 10 March, 2016
Mi ricordo che nel 2007/2008 quando stavo scegliendo quale software ed hardware acquistare qui in Italia praticamente tutti i negozi e tutti i venditori mi proponevano consigliavano NI Traktor. Io ho valutato varie cose ed acquistai una SL3 per usarla in DVS con SL. Grandissima soddisfazione, mai un problema. Ora dopo vari anni, acquisti di tutti i pacchetti aggiuntivi di Serato (FX, DVS, Flip; Video) etc.. ci si ritrova con notebook desktop replacement che usati con SDJ balbettano. Amo serato ma non sono sposato con nessuno e non sto a pregare nessuno, se vi stanno problemi evidenti non si pretende che in una settimana siano risolti, ma ci sta un limite a tutto... quindi oltre usare Serato mi sono guardato in giro ed ora mi sto divertendo un sacco anche con VirtualDJ, qui a Bologna in Italia si dice: 2 ragazze รจ molto meglio che 1, capisci me.

I remember that in 2007/2008 when I was choosing what software and hardware shop here in Italy almost all the shops and all of the vendors offered me advised NI Traktor. I have explored various things and I bought a SL3 for use in DVS with SL. Great satisfaction, never a problem. Now after several years, purchases of all add-on packages Serato (FX, DVS, Flip, Video) etc .. we have several desktop replacement notebook that used with SDJ stutter. I love Serato but are not married to anyone, and I'm not praying no one, if there are obvious issues do not pretend that in a week will be solved, but there is a limit to everything ... so in addition to use Serato I looked around and now I'm enjoying it a lot even with VirtualDJ, here in Bologna in Italy says two girls is much better than the first, you know me.
RodrigoVolta 5:30 PM - 17 February, 2018
* Waveform lagging in PC version from SDJ Pro 2.0 64-bit BETA yet!!!