Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

serato dj 1.5 is not working with my ergo

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-ERGO
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
icemancal01@yahoo.com 8:37 PM - 4 October, 2013
serato dj 1.5 not working with my pioneer ergo limited when i piug my board in is says serato dj has closed due to program issues.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:36 PM - 6 October, 2013
Hey icemancal01@yahoo.com,

Does it make a difference if you connect the controller before or after you open the program?

Were there any changes you made to your system / library / setup before this happened?

Are you able to open the software without the controller connected? If so can you go to Setup > Library and Display, disable the iTunes library and reanalyze your entire remaining library? Once this is done remove any corrupt files and try connecting the controller again.

Let me know how you go,

Sam
7:04 AM, 21 Oct 2013
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
icemancal01@yahoo.com 10:52 PM - 28 October, 2013
the program does not work when i plug my ergo in it work without it.
The video has been turned off and i need my serial numbers please!
My e-mail is icemancal01@yahoo.com please help A S A P!!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 10:49 PM - 29 October, 2013
I can see that your license is activated on these 2 machines:

pc1
idea-PC

What is the machine that you are trying to activate it on now? Let me know so I can deactivate one of these licenses and get you back up and running.

Sam
icemancal01@yahoo.com 5:25 PM - 30 October, 2013
got my serato dj back working found my codes and numbers but the serato dj 1.5 version will not work with my ddj pioneer ergo.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 3:04 AM - 31 October, 2013
Can you try updating to the latest version of Serato DJ from here: serato.com can you also try connecting the controller to different USB ports?

Sam
8:02 AM, 14 Nov 2013
icemancal01@yahoo.com 5:07 PM - 18 December, 2013
i have tried everything and serato dj any version now will not work with my pioneer ergo need help A.SA.P!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 9:36 PM - 18 December, 2013
Try going through these steps here: serato.com

Let me know how you go,

Sam
icemancal01@yahoo.com 4:44 PM - 19 December, 2013
got my serato dj program back working you have to download quick time player 7 or above!
icemancal01@yahoo.com 2:29 AM - 20 January, 2014
i have yet again been having problems with my Serato Dj it will not work in the online mode with ddj-ergo limited. I am running win 8 but it was working but it stopped working i really need help!!!

please help!!!!
icemancal01@yahoo.com 12:08 AM - 25 January, 2014
please help having problems with my serato dj and my ddj-ergo i haved tried everything!
Please Help!!!!!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 10:25 PM - 28 January, 2014
Hey Iceman,

Could you please explain to me what problems you are facing? Also let me know what steps you have tried to solve the issue?

Could I please have your computers full specs and a list of all USB devices connected?
icemancal01@yahoo.com 6:34 PM - 29 January, 2014
Hello thanks for responding !

The problems that I am having with Serato are with my DDJ-ERGO
it works fine in the offline mode the videos work fine also. When i connect my DDJ-ERGO it says Serato DJ has occured a problem and will close I have downloaded all the latest drivers and firmware. my computer specs are Intel core i7-3517U cpu @ 1.90GHz 2.40 GHz
windows 8.1 8.00 GB ram Nvidia Geforce graphics card. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program i just don't know what to do.My DDJ-ERGO works fine with other
DJ programs PleaseHelp! I love Serato Dj and would pref Serato PLease help!

PLease Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:23 AM - 30 January, 2014
Can you try opening Serato DJ with your controller disconnected. Once you have done that can you first try and analyze your entire library by holding CONTROL and clicking "Analyze Files". Once this is done can you try deleting all the corrupt files.

Also can you try disabling your iTunes library in the setup menu and then connect your controller?
icemancal01@yahoo.com 5:26 PM - 30 January, 2014
I have just finished doing everything that you said to do my ddj-ergo still will not work with my serato dj.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:54 PM - 30 January, 2014
Could you please let me know where your music is stored, ie, internally / externally? Does iTunes organise your library?

Also could you try uninstalling the DDJ-Ergo Limited drivers and reinstalling the latest drivers from here: pioneerdj.com
icemancal01@yahoo.com 12:00 AM - 31 January, 2014
my music is my laptop in my music files and also in itunes i alos have it backed up on external drive also!
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:42 AM - 3 February, 2014
When you are mixing do you have your external drive connected or not? Can you try disconnecting it if it was attached?
icemancal01@yahoo.com 8:19 PM - 3 February, 2014
i have tried that i don't use the external drive when i DJ but with the external drive connected or not Serato Dj shuts down and will not work with my DDJ-ERGO. What else can i do to troubleshoot the problem.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 1:47 AM - 5 February, 2014
Close all programs (important step). Then navigate to your "My Music" folder and find your _Serato_ folder. Try renaming this folder _Serato_OLD.

If you have any partitions on your drive or other internal drives with music on them you will need to rename the _serato_ folder in the root directory of each drive.

Once you have renamed each folder are you able to open up the software?
icemancal01@yahoo.com 4:31 AM - 5 February, 2014
I have up graded to Serato1.6 and it is working with my ddj-ergo thanks for all the help.
icemancal01@yahoo.com 4:52 PM - 5 February, 2014
Serato Dj 1.6 has fixed most of my recent problems but it will not put out any sound for a microphone what can i do.?
Serato, Support
Sam GG 2:08 AM - 12 February, 2014
I have had a few other users report the same issue. I have logged a bug with our developers and hopefully it can be fixed soon.
8:01 AM, 26 Feb 2014
holler2me 3:33 AM - 28 February, 2014
Serato DJ 1.6 does not work properly with my DDJ-Ergo. However, Serato works fine with my SL2. I am trying the 14 day free trial and it loads songs and cue points but the jog wheel on the DDJ-Ergo moves songs in the opposite direction and vinyl mode doesn't work.

Please help.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 2:05 AM - 6 March, 2014
Hey,

Its best if you go here and create your own help request: serato.com Somebody from support will jump in and help you out as soon as we can.

Sam
7:01 AM, 20 Mar 2014