Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

SDJ 1.5 Crashes

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
DJAlexander 7:29 AM - 4 October, 2013
As I mentioned in this post serato.com SDJ 1.5 crashed after 15 minutes of performance. Beat Grids didn't show up either. Thanks, Alexander
Serato, Support
Mak T 2:50 AM - 9 October, 2013
Hey DJAlexander,

Thanks for your post.

- Could you please provide with the exact steps you did leading up to the crash/freezing on your computer?

- Did you receive a crash report after this issue occurred?

- Have you got any other devices connected to your computer?

- Could you please supply me with your full computer specifications? Below I have attached a link to an article that will help you obtain this information:

serato.com (click link)

Cheers

Mak T
DJAlexander 6:33 AM - 9 October, 2013
Hello Mak T.,

thank you for the reply.

I had SDJ 1.5 installed (overwritten SDJ 1.3) on my

MacBook Pro 8,1 - 13" (produced end of 2011)
OSX 10.7.5 (11G63)
2.4. GHZ Intel Core i5
8 GB 1333 MHZ DDR3
L2-Chache (pro Kern): 256 KB
l3-Cache 3 MB

I just played 3 tracks from my collection (iTunes) with SDJ 1.5. I had FX LFO activated on both channels, but not used. Then the track stopped, continued, stopped. I tried to push the cue button on the NS6 but there was no reaction. Tried to load another track into another deck (i only use 2 decks 1 and 2, 3 and 4 are hooked up to 2 numark tt 500 turntables), impossible. So i shut down SDJ 1.5. and hooked up my "back up" with SDJ 1.3.

MacBook Pro 9,2 - 13" (produced middle of 2012)
OSX 10.8.5 (12F37)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB Intel Core i5
Prozessor: 2.5 GHz
4 GB 1600 MHZ DDR3
L2-Chache (pro Kern): 256 KB
l3-Cache 3 MB

On this MacBook pro I never installed SDJ 1.5! only on the first one with OSX 10.7.5.

I tried to find the log of the 1.5 but there was obviously no one. I read the instructions where to find it here: serato.com

Because I have to work on a weekly basis, I did delete 1.5 (went back to the system as it was before with time machine by Apple).

I ordered a Pioneer DJM-900 SRT Nexus from my dealer. As far as I'm aware of it, this DJ-Mixer would only work with 1.5? Am I right?

If I could help in anyway to re-create it, I would glad to help you guys at Serato. I can install it on the 10.7.5 or try first to install it on 10.8.5. Please let me know.

I have also installed rekord box and traktor dj-software on it.
Sincerely

DJ Alexander

PS: Maybe you find an another/similar crashlog here:
serato.com
DJAlexander 6:47 AM - 9 October, 2013
Mak T.,

another question/something I noticed.

Is it possible, that tracks in the .m4a format do not show "beat grids"? I noticed it today. These are the tracks I had bought from the iTunes-store. The tracks with .mp3 show. I have to make a printscreen to show you.
DJAlexander 6:49 AM - 10 October, 2013
Maybe other helpful information about the musiccollection.

I buy all my music in the iTunes store (about 400 tracks as .m4a-files) or at cede.ch (local-mp3-store). I ripped my CD's into iTunes using 320 kbps and stored as .mp3 (about 7000 tracks). The iBook has a 500 GB Drive, but only 98 GB are used. I don't run any other programms on it besides rekord box, traktor or SDJ. I use it only for the music and download music into iTunes (so i don't surf with it a lot either to avoid problems).

I also connect a 500 GB external Harddrive via USB to my iBook pro. On this external HDD are 41'000 Tracks stored at 192 kbps (mp3). This HDD I don't often use, I store music there that I don't often play or don't play at all.
Serato, Support
Mak T 12:33 AM - 14 October, 2013
Hey DJAlexander,

Thanks for your patience. Sorry to hear you having these issues.

- Are you able to supply with the actual .crash dump log and attach it to this thread? I will take the log away and get it looked at. You can attach the log in this thread.

- I know this may seem painful, but are you able to provide me with the exact steps you do in the lead up to crash occurring? In addition, would you be able to provide me with the exact file/s that you are using at the time of the crash? You can attach these files to this thread as well.

- Have you tried reverting back to Serato DJ 1.3? Has this been a successful workaround?

I have noticed some users experiencing these crashes and I'm gonna take a further look and investigate.

Cheers

Mak T
DJAlexander 9:43 AM - 14 October, 2013
Hello Mak T,

as I wrote, I went back to SDJ 1.3 and erased 1.5 completely (I have to work on a weekly basis). I couldn't find the Crahs-Log-File as described above.

I can try to recreate it. Do you want me to do is? Haven't you received any complaints from other Numark NS6 Users with (almost) the same computer (Apple)?

Alexander
Serato, Support
Mak T 3:05 AM - 29 October, 2013
Hey DJ Alexander,

Thanks for your patience. Have you tried the new Serato DJ 1.5.1 update? this update was release in response to users experiencing issues.

Let me know how you go.

Cheers

Mak T
DJAlexander 9:04 AM - 29 October, 2013
Hey Mak T,

thanks for the reply. I read about the latest update, but I have not installed it, because last friday I was one of the first DJ's in Switzerland to pick up the Pioneer DJM900 SRT. But I did not find time to install the latest Software so far. Off course I will try asap and let you know. Please don't close this thread, because I will continue to use the NS6 as well.
Hey Mak T,

thanks for the reply. I read about the latest update, but I have not installed it, because last friday I was one of the first DJ's in Switzerland to pick up the Pioneer DJM900 SRT. But I did not find time to install the latest Software so far. Off course I will try asap and let you know. Please don't close this thread, because I will continue to use the NS6 as well.
Hey Mak T,