Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Sort by KEY and BPM in same time

nikinik 8:11 PM - 2 October, 2013
Hi to all fans and friends of the forum.As a working DJ i can tell you that will be great if you can put option in software to select database by 2 options simultaniusly.
For example i want to use key of the song for mixing ,but in same time to can use sellection for BPM also ,so will be great to can be done selection by BPM and by KEY in same time.

Sorry for my bad English , and hope this to become one future request for serato DJ and Scratch live.
Niko
Dr0p 12:00 AM - 4 October, 2013
Just to expand on this, it would be nice to be able to select the key + harmonic keys (I have smart crates for this) and a BPM range that would be within +/- 8 or whatever your hardware supports.
lindsaymar 3:59 PM - 30 March, 2014
What we need is an over arching bpm range filter for the library/crate. It could even be updated by the bpm of the playing track.
That way no mater how else you wish to order/sort out your list it will always be of a mixable speed.
It would be nice to have an over arching Key range as well but not as usable for everyone as a bpm range.
TrashGordon 8:13 PM - 1 April, 2014
+1
G-rod 11:08 AM - 24 April, 2014
+1 but to me I would chose "key + iTunes rating"
Jumbo Boogie 1:26 PM - 25 April, 2014
There is a workaround but it requires time sorting it manually.....by placing your tracks in the order you want in the prepare window and putting a number in the comments tag or any available empty tag your not going to use. Then just click on the tag whenever you want to sort tracks in that order.
lindsaymar 8:34 PM - 25 April, 2014
I see the new Beatport Pro has a couple of choosable filter preferences above their library window. That way you can choose via 2 or 3 drop down menus what you want to filter your library by. And those 2 or 3 menus are customizable with options such as BPM range, Key, Genre... and so on.
That's a large amount of customizability for filtering and would be amazing and incredibly useful for every dj.
My largest issue with Serato, compared to Traktor, is search-ability. The fact that I've had to make 'BPM range' smart playlists as a work around to be able to simply search for tracks that are within the same BPM range. It seems silly that I need a work around for such a obvious part of dj'ing.
Dj Owe 5:14 PM - 27 April, 2014
+1
lindsaymar 10:37 PM - 29 April, 2014
I've just started a filter library by BPM post which will hopefully get some attention. If anyone here is interested or wants to add to it they can here serato.com
tekamafo 5:36 AM - 30 April, 2014
+1
ScullyDJServices 7:21 PM - 4 July, 2014
+1
djchrisL 11:43 PM - 27 December, 2014
+1