Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato DJ wont load my scratch live crates

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
clarksta 5:29 PM - 2 October, 2013
Im currently a scratch live user but am thinking of moving over to serato DJ. I have the latest version of scratch live and iv just downloaded the latest version of serato DJ. Many of my friends have just installed and there crates show in the same way as they do in scratch live. For me this is not happening.
All my music is on my mac and not on an external.

Please help and and thanks in advance.

Clarksta
Asu 12:44 AM - 3 October, 2013
Is your OS supported for serato DJ? Thought it's OSX 10.7 & up??? I had no issues
Asu 12:46 AM - 3 October, 2013
Ok it's 10.6 + :-) I'm on 10.8.5....no issues
clarksta 8:18 AM - 3 October, 2013
Yes my OSX is 10.6.8
clarksta 8:42 AM - 3 October, 2013
whitelabel.net

This DJ had the same problem but managed to fix it. Im not brilliant on a computer but have a quite good knowledge but i dont quite understand what he has done and also im a little scared to try it incase i mess up my scratch live! I DJ 3 times a week so cant afford to not have my scratch live.
clarksta 9:04 AM - 3 October, 2013
Ok a little update....
I just plugged in an external hard drive in and opened up scratch live. I then dragged a crate into my har drive under the file tab. This created a _serato_ folder on my external and also there was the crate i copied. I left the hard drive plugged in, opened serato DJ an there was the crate i copied!
Now i would just copy all crates and leave my external plugged in but 1 i need the USB port it takes up and 2 i dont want to have to keep updating my crates like this. Is there anyway i can move the files created so they share on both scratch and DJ?
Asu 12:13 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Ok a little update....
I just plugged in an external hard drive in and opened up scratch live. I then dragged a crate into my har drive under the file tab. This created a _serato_ folder on my external and also there was the crate i copied. I left the hard drive plugged in, opened serato DJ an there was the crate i copied!
Now i would just copy all crates and leave my external plugged in but 1 i need the USB port it takes up and 2 i dont want to have to keep updating my crates like this. Is there anyway i can move the files created so they share on both scratch and DJ?

Serato DJ is supposed to read SL Library automatically...if it didn't then why don't you just show it where your music folder is?....go to your music folder in serato, and drag and drop it to analyse tab...do you have 2 HDD internally? like an SSD and a regular drive? that can cause issues too sometimes.
clarksta 12:53 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Ok a little update....

Serato DJ is supposed to read SL Library automatically...if it didn't then why don't you just show it where your music folder is?....go to your music folder in serato, and drag and drop it to analyse tab...do you have 2 HDD internally? like an SSD and a regular drive? that can cause issues too sometimes.

Iv analysed all my tracks in serato DJ before but still no crates showed. And its funny you should mention about the 2 HHD internally because a couple years back i had a mate put in a new hard drive for me and he named it new hard drive. I have music folder under my 'new hard drive' and thats where i keep all my music folders. Then under places on my mac i have another music folder and that is where my _serato_ folders are etc. I did think this was strange before but with scratch live iv never had a problem so never had to question it.

Any ideas?
Asu 12:59 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok a little update....

Iv analysed all my tracks in serato DJ before but still no crates showed. And its funny you should mention about the 2 HHD internally because a couple years back i had a mate put in a new hard drive for me and he named it new hard drive. I have music folder under my 'new hard drive' and thats where i keep all my music folders. Then under places on my mac i have another music folder and that is where my _serato_ folders are etc. I did think this was strange before but with scratch live iv never had a problem so never had to question it.

Any ideas?

I think Serato DJ is looking somewhere else...you need to point it to the right place i guess...kinda like how you go from DJing from internal to external drive,should be the same process for Serato DJ...Serato DJ maybe looking in that new HDD where the folders aren't....Just look up that whole process of moving default location where Serato looks for music...i haven't done it in a long while
clarksta 1:06 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok a little update....

Any ideas?

I think Serato DJ is looking somewhere else...you need to point it to the right place i guess...kinda like how you go from DJing from internal to external drive,should be the same process for Serato DJ...Serato DJ maybe looking in that new HDD where the folders aren't....Just look up that whole process of moving default location where Serato looks for music...i haven't done it in a long while

Thats like reading french to me lol. Would you be able to find me a link that can maybe help me. I understand if not as i know you could be busy. Iv always been a PC man but use a mac for my DJing so sometimes the mac confuses me with its files etc.

Thanks
Asu 1:45 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Thats like reading french to me lol. Would you be able to find me a link that can maybe help me. I understand if not as i know you could be busy. Iv always been a PC man but use a mac for my DJing so sometimes the mac confuses me with its files etc.

Just do a search for relocating Music library from internal to external Drive in the serato forum...should give you some ideas...

but you can look here too serato.com
clarksta 1:52 PM - 3 October, 2013
Sorry mate im still well confused. Why would i need to relocate from internal to external? Sorry if im sounding thick here.
Asu 2:13 PM - 3 October, 2013
it also talks about internal to internal
Serato, Support
Matt P 5:00 PM - 3 October, 2013
Hi clarksta,

What version of SSL are you using?
You should update that to 2.5 if possible.

The issue the other user had in the thread you linked to, is related to the folder where the crate information is stored on your computer.
All crate information is stored in the _Serato_ folder
Previously this folder was called _ScratchLIVE_ and was only for SSL verison 2.3.3 and below.
The _Serato_ folder is what all Serato software now reads from, which means you should be able to open any of the programs and have the same library information in all of them.

Can you have a look on your internal drive and external drives for a _ScratchLIVE_ folder?

I think there may be a conflict with your 2 internal drives.

The good news is you can copy crate information from the subcrates folder (where all the crate information is stored) from _Serato_ folders to get them all in one.

Matt P
clarksta 7:30 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Hi clarksta,

What version of SSL are you using?
You should update that to 2.5 if possible.

The issue the other user had in the thread you linked to, is related to the folder where the crate information is stored on your computer.
All crate information is stored in the _Serato_ folder
Previously this folder was called _ScratchLIVE_ and was only for SSL verison 2.3.3 and below.
The _Serato_ folder is what all Serato software now reads from, which means you should be able to open any of the programs and have the same library information in all of them.

Can you have a look on your internal drive and external drives for a _ScratchLIVE_ folder?

I think there may be a conflict with your 2 internal drives.

The good news is you can copy crate information from the subcrates folder (where all the crate information is stored) from _Serato_ folders to get them all in one.

Matt P

Im using the latest version 2.5 (please note i had this problem in November last year but gave up as i could not solve the issue as i got no help with it)

Yes i still have a ScratchLIVE folder. Is it ok for me just to delete that then and never need it again? And if i delete this do you think it will solve the problem?

And if it dont work i dont think i actually have 2 internal hard drives. Basically i only used to have a 60gb and had all my music on my exernal but a friend took that out and put a 1tb in and copied everything of the 60gb and the external and my scratch live just worked as normal. All this was done about 4 years ago. Then about year ago i got a new mac and just swaped hard drives over and my scratch live still works fine.
You might not need this info but it may help that you know.

So once again if deleting the ScratchLIVE folder dont work, i just copy my crates from my _Serato_ folder and paste them were exactly?

Clarksta
clarksta 7:40 PM - 3 October, 2013
WOOOOW as easy as that!!

Cheers Matt P. I just deleted the ScratchLIVE folder and wollop all my crates are now in Serato DJ. Thanks for getting back to me and helping me out. Only took me about a year and half to sort out! lol
Iv seen quite a few threats on here with this issue and not 1 person has mentioned such a simple fix.Maybe use this thread to help others out in future.

Thanks Again

Clarksta
Asu 9:05 PM - 3 October, 2013
Good you solved the issue :-) happy spinning bro