Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

DDJ-S1 MAPPING STILL NOT IS CORRECT LIKE ITCH!!

Product
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-S1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
RodrigoVolta 2:18 PM - 2 October, 2013
Varios problems found:

1- CUE REC MODE: No longer has its original function. Terrible!

2- VINYL MODE: It is activated whenever the software is started. Horrible!

3- LOOP IN /OUT LED: Remains off all the time. Only illuminates when the function is invoked. Originally it was on and blinking when the function was called.

4- ALPHABET SEARCH: No longer works. Terrible!

5- AREA MOVE/RED BUTTON LED: No longer works. Terrible!

6- AREA MOVE/REC BUTTON: No longer has its original function was to change field in the songs list.

6- AUTO CUE: No longer works.

7- TEMPO RAGE: There is more to 10% range. Only 6%, 16%, 50% and 100%. These last two almost impossible to use.

8- BROWSE ROLL CLICK: No longer opens the folders in the list of Crates. Only alternating fields.

9- PITCH/TEMPO LEDS: Its functions are somewhat confusing. I can not really understand what you implemented there. Because they simply did not do the normal way: the upper LED lights when tempo slader is NEGATIVE and lower LED lights when tempo slader is POSITIVE?

10- EFFECTS ON/OFF LED: Do not blink when the effects are in the "single".

11- SDJ SHUTDOWN: Not completely disables the controller. Some LEDs lit is remaining exactly the same as VirtualDJ. Terrible!!

12- MASTERTEMPO ALGORITHM: Still terrible. When working with Tempo in bands above 10%, it is perceived distortions / artifacts in the audio as well as always happened with all versions of ITCH and SDJ.

I repeat: SDJ was not designed to work with older controllers. You are prioritizing other things and leaving the old problems unsolved. ITCH users were abandoned and being forced to change controller simply because you decided to change everything! As if the equipment were cheap and easy to find!
Unify all in a single platform has completely lost the originality and purpose of the products. Became equal to VirtualDJ, Deckadance, Traktor, etc..

I have no reason to use the SDJ, at least for now. Until you mend all these problems, many people, like me, there will migrate platform. Shall we continue in ITCH (although it is already obsolete and abandoned) which is still the only solution to our DDJ-S1!

We do not want an adaptation. We want the software to work exactly like the ITCH worked, since you decided to change everything. So we leave it as it was, nothing more than fair!
kdean101 10:07 PM - 2 October, 2013
+2
Brian Hunt 3:03 AM - 3 October, 2013
Nothing seems to work like it should for the ddj s1 starting to feel like i wasted $800. Some help or a message saying "stay tuned we are working on it" would be nice
RodrigoVolta 1:22 PM - 3 October, 2013
Serato is only concerned with profit.
We've given profit for them, so now, it matters little.
Want to use SDJ? Buy a new controller! This is their thinking.
If they were to mend these problems would have done. It's bizarre this kind of problem. Until VirtualDJ is more compatible with DDJ than SDJ.

My next purchase will be equipment based on another platform, such as Traktor. At the time I used it, never, but never had any problems. Used with the old BCD3000 and always worked 100%. Once migrated to Serato, I discovered futile problems and would never think exist in a software, aka 'professional', for DJs

Serato has its positives are many, but the negatives stand out more. Example: bad BPM calculation, lousy algorithm MasterTempo (keylock), something that stands out in any mixing software today.

It was an interesting idea to unify all the software on a single platform, however, leave the old equipment "stand out", I'm sorry, it was a tremendous slutty with whom paid for the software (ITCH) and the equipment being old or not! The native software receives no update for almost one year, forcing us to migrate to SDJ, which is not 100% compatible with our equipment, especially the DDJ-S1 which, in my view, is an excellent device, but unfortunately depends of Serato...

So far, no feedback from staff... Terrible!
kdean101 9:47 PM - 3 October, 2013
bump!
Serato, Support
Mak T 10:07 PM - 3 October, 2013
Hey Rodrigo Volta,

Thanks for your post:

Quote:

Could you please elaborate on how this feature should function?

Quote:

This was also apparent in ITCH.

Quote:
3- LOOP IN /OUT LED: Remains off all the time. Only illuminates when the function is invoked. Originally it was on and blinking when the function was called.

Although this functionality, the new funtionality allows you to distinguish which ends of the loop you are wanting to edit - with the old functionality there was no indication of which side of the loop you are editing.

Quote:

Could you please elaborate on this? My interpreation is that you are in the library and have the cursor not assigned to the search box - and from here if you were to type say letter 'J' it would jump to the artists or songs that started with J? .. Im tyring to do this, howeevr I cannot seem to get tis working in ITCH.

- Are you using iTunes to manage your music?

Quote:

I see it doesnt work - I will look in to this, I will point out that this does not stop the functionality of this button

Quote:

Are you referring to the Auto 'Headphone' Cue? if so, this issue affects all controllers - we are aware of this, and we are looking to address this, however I cannot give you a timeframe to when a fix will be ready.

Quote:
7- TEMPO RAGE: There is more to 10% range. Only 6%, 16%, 50% and 100%. These last two almost impossible to use.

What are the advantages of having 10% range as opposed to the Serato DJ 8%?

Quote:
8- BROWSE ROLL CLICK: No longer opens the folders in the list of Crates. Only alternating fields.

If you are referring to the opening and navigating subcrates located in within normal crates - we are aware of this. We hope to have this in a future release.

Quote:
9- PITCH/TEMPO LEDS: Its functions are somewhat confusing. I can not really understand what you implemented there. Because they simply did not do the normal way: the upper LED lights when tempo slader is NEGATIVE and lower LED lights when tempo slader is POSITIVE?

The movement of the LED meter indicates which direction the user needs to move the Pitch Fader to get back to zero value.

Quote:

We are aware of this, and the bug has been logged in our internal tracking system.

Quote:
11- SDJ SHUTDOWN: Not completely disables the controller. Some LEDs lit is remaining exactly the same as VirtualDJ. Terrible!!

So your experiencing a crash? - how consistent is this?, what is its comparison to the Virtual DJ software?

Quote:
If they were to mend these problems would have done. It's bizarre this kind of problem. Until VirtualDJ is more compatible with DDJ than SDJ.

My next purchase will be equipment based on another platform, such as Traktor. At the time I used it, never, but never had any problems. Used with the old BCD3000 and always worked 100%. Once migrated to Serato, I discovered futile problems and would never think exist in a software, aka 'professional', for DJs

Serato has its positives are many, but the negatives stand out more. Example: bad BPM calculation, lousy algorithm MasterTempo (keylock), something that stands out in any mixing software today.

It was an interesting idea to unify all the software on a single platform, however, leave the old equipment "stand out", I'm sorry, it was a tremendous slutty with whom paid for the software (ITCH) and the equipment being old or not! The native software receives no update for almost one year, forcing us to migrate to SDJ, which is not 100% compatible with our equipment, especially the DDJ-S1 which, in my view, is an excellent device, but unfortunately depends of Serato...

We at Serato strive to make the best software for our supported hardware - I have full confidence in the Product and Development teams on the work they have done to get this software to the masses. There may be some bumps along the way, but we are consistently working hard to enhance our software.

Please Rodrigo, this is a help area to which I will be more than happy to help you out with your issues - but if this is not the case, I would advise you to move into the General DJ Discussions Area.

Cheers

Mak T
Brian Hunt 12:19 PM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

So your experiencing a crash? - how consistent is this?, what is its comparison to the Virtual DJ software?

I think he means that he does not like that the lights on the controller stay on when serato dj is closed.
RodrigoVolta 7:16 PM - 7 October, 2013
Thank your for your feedback!
The answers are bellow.

Quote:

Could you please elaborate on how this feature should function?

The button CUE REC MODE, a square button bellow CUE 5 button, is longer to work. Please, if u have a DDJ-S1, make a test: press this button and see if it work!

Quote:

This was also apparent in ITCH.

No. In ITCH, VYNIL button is OFF when I start the software. If I press ANY VYNIL button and CLOSE ITCH, when I re-open it, the button function return to last state. In SDJ, VYNIL mode is AWAYS on!

Quote:

Although this functionality, the new funtionality allows you to distinguish which ends of the loop you are wanting to edit - with the old functionality there was no indication of which side of the loop you are editing.

Not is necessary that LEDs stay OFF in all the time! ITCH have same function and LOOP LEDs is LIGHTING full time (like ALL CDJs) and blincking when LOOP IN or OUT is ACTIVATED!!!

Quote:

Could you please elaborate on this? My interpreation is that you are in the library and have the cursor not assigned to the search box - and from here if you were to type say letter 'J' it would jump to the artists or songs that started with J? .. Im tyring to do this, howeevr I cannot seem to get tis working in ITCH.

Well, when my laptop is in dock (below the controller), I don't have ANY access to keyboard and mouse, because this, I need that ALPHABET SEARCH, a IMPROVEMENT deployed by Pioneer! To use it, press SHIFT and ANY POINT OF TOUCHSTRIP!!! If u press any arrows in corner, u should see cursor jumping in browser collumns. If u press any point of touchstrip, u should see the alphabet (A to Z) to select the songs/artist by alphabet order! Simple! SDJ not have thit functinon anymore!

Quote:
- Are you using iTunes to manage your music?

No. I don't use iTunes!

Quote:

I see it doesnt work - I will look in to this, I will point out that this does not stop the functionality of this button

OK.

Quote:

Are you referring to the Auto 'Headphone' Cue? if so, this issue affects all controllers - we are aware of this, and we are looking to address this, however I cannot give you a timeframe to when a fix will be ready.

OK.

Quote:

What are the advantages of having 10% range as opposed to the Serato DJ 8%?

For me, SDJ showed 6%, 16%, 50% and 100% only!
Yes, it's very usefull, since Serato MasterTempo (keyLock) engine is terrible!

Quote:

If you are referring to the opening and navigating subcrates located in within normal crates - we are aware of this. We hope to have this in a future release.

Yes! Is the same! OK.

Quote:

The movement of the LED meter indicates which direction the user needs to move the Pitch Fader to get back to zero value.

Interesting, but not professionaly functional!

Quote:

We are aware of this, and the bug has been logged in our internal tracking system

OK.

Quote:

No. Not is a crash. It's a Serato BUG!
VDJ: when u close software with controller still on, all LEDs is lighting! It's a very bad because software cannot shutdown controller completely!

SDJ: Same situation!

ITCH: Shutdown controller completely! All LEDs is off, like when the controller is turned on without the software opened!

Quote:

We at Serato strive to make the best software for our supported hardware - I have full confidence in the Product and Development teams on the work they have done to get this software to the masses. There may be some bumps along the way, but we are consistently working hard to enhance our software.

Let me understand one thing : you are in the market for years and have not had the ability to fix bugs that do not exist in the simpler mixing software as DJUCED , Deckadance , MIXXX , VIRTUALDECKS , FUTURE DECKS and many others. You take months to launch a new upgrade and many times, is incomplete or buggy legacy and want me to believe that you are still committed to improving more and more software? I'm sorry , but I no longer believe in you. I have my controller since 2011 and since then, I have seen little improvement in ITCH (unfortunately is discontinued). I've created a lot, but a lot of expectations with the SDJ, but I very disappointed that it did not have all the functions of my controller and other older controllers.

The software has bugs as MASTERTEMPO absurdly terrible (insert artifacts in audio output/recordind, creates distortion, using mainly scale of 10% or more - Mac or PC), a terrible and outdated BPM calculator that not is capable that calculates BPM of simple electronic music (some songs, not all), waveform movement is very lagged in PC/Windows but not in Mac (but not happen with others DJ softwares) and many other bugs I've been posting on forums for years and it seems you guys do not even care! You guys only care to insert 'fragrance' to software rather than improve quality and fix bugs !

Another thing I do not understand is: Why every time you update the software, something stops working? Or some function that worked perfectly before, is excluded?

Quote:
Please Rodrigo, this is a help area to which I will be more than happy to help you out with your issues - but if this is not the case, I would advise you to move into the General DJ Discussions Area.

Well, I don't know if is necessary.
If u feel it is more consistent with the other forum, you can move.

Thanks.
RodrigoVolta 7:22 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think he means that he does not like that the lights on the controller stay on when serato dj is closed.

Yes!

Not that I do not like, but it is an action that has not happened in ITCH!
ITCH shut down the controller completely, leaving only the JOG LEDs on, as if the controller was disconnected from the USB port!

Staff, make a test in ITCH and before in SDJ! See the difference!