Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

How do I put visuals on songs with no video

Product
Serato Video
Version
Hardware
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SX
Host
Serato DJ Pro
Version
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
hornsmaniac 4:39 AM - 1 October, 2013
Just starting the video djing. I have some music I would like to play that have no videos. When I load the track its just a black screen. Is there a way to load visuals to tracks that have no videos? Thanks for any help!
DJ Tecniq 2:55 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Just starting the video djing. I have some music I would like to play that have no videos. When I load the track its just a black screen. Is there a way to load visuals to tracks that have no videos? Thanks for any help!
yes drop just your visual into the media crate in serato. it helps to add 1 or more visuals for other tracks that need visuals.
DJ Tecniq 3:02 PM - 1 October, 2013
make sure you have the media crate set to "on" and it should work with any audio file. The visual will be attached to the audio as long as you have the media crate turned on. I use scratchlive with serato video and it works the same. Serato DJ's interface is a bit different though. Good luck
Serato, Support
Matt P 6:48 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hi hornsmaniac,

Heres the article on "Media Crate" serato.com

Like DJ Tecniq said, it allows you to have a folder of media files that will play as you play music with the songs. Its really handy if you need something to play and move with the jog wheel actions.

Have a go, and let me know if you have any problems with that.

If you want to assign a specific visual/media file to an individual track, you can do that too

heres how - serato.com

Regards

Matt P
hornsmaniac 2:56 AM - 2 October, 2013
Awesome thanks guys let me try it out!
hornsmaniac 9:58 PM - 2 October, 2013
Worked perfect. Thanks for the help!