What’s new in Serato DJ 1.5

5:15 AM, 30 Sep 2013
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
turntablist master junry 8:48 AM - 1 October, 2013
lov it
turntablist master junry 8:48 AM - 1 October, 2013
thanks very much
hammy 10:30 AM - 1 October, 2013
Using Macbook pro 10.8.5 1.5 crashes without warning !! happened twice this morning !!! any ideas anyone !!!
hammy 10:46 AM - 1 October, 2013
using ddj sx ! never had one crash using 1.3 ??
Asu 12:23 PM - 1 October, 2013
i'd say stick to 1.3 for gigs and test 1.5 at home till it's stabilized via updates....i'm just glad that the software is unified and weather i'm out on the road with DDJ-SX or in the Club,it'll be the same software...gotta love that :-)

I'll test asap when i get home
Asu 12:32 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Using Macbook pro 10.8.5 1.5 crashes without warning !! happened twice this morning !!! any ideas anyone !!!

Apple released an updated version of the Beta 10.8.5 last month maybe that's your issue?
hammy 1:04 PM - 1 October, 2013
thanks for replying - dont think i updated the beta
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:40 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hey hammy

If you are still getting crashes, can you please open up a help thread here: serato.com

We'll be able to help you better over there.

Cheers
Dzlsh 8:00 PM - 1 October, 2013
So does Serato DJ 1.5 support CDJ-2000s and CDJ-2000nexus's now, without the SL1/2/3/4-hardware? Or do I still have to plug in my SL3 even if I'm using CDJ-2000s?
nicknyse 8:04 PM - 1 October, 2013
Can thus be used with the Numark NS6
Asu 8:06 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
So does Serato DJ 1.5 support CDJ-2000s and CDJ-2000nexus's now, without the SL1/2/3/4-hardware? Or do I still have to plug in my SL3 even if I'm using CDJ-2000s?

you need a Rane soundcard or Serato certified Mixer to unlock the software
Asu 8:08 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:

I think certified Controllers work right away
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:17 PM - 1 October, 2013
Asu is correct on both of these points guys. The only clarification I would make is that the NS6 is definitely supported in SDJ 1.5 :)

Quote:
Quote:

you need a Rane soundcard or Serato certified Mixer to unlock the software

Quote:
Quote:

I think certified Controllers work right away
hammy 8:18 PM - 1 October, 2013
hi Aaron,
I have rebooted my mac and managed a couple of mixes without crashing - but if happens again will open up a thread as you indicate
thanks
hammy
Bombodog 8:40 PM - 1 October, 2013
any fix as yet for the limited crates issue?
DJ Nasty Nos 8:46 PM - 1 October, 2013
So what exactly is new for the ddj sx???
Besides stability
Maritn STauner 8:56 PM - 1 October, 2013
Two things I miss and did all the time in Serato DJ, is:

Sort cues chronologically

and

That folders are NOT expanded when you start up. I don't need all my subfolders to be expanded.

Everything els ... love it :)
deyond 9:22 PM - 1 October, 2013
Did it support amd cpu
DjayRage 9:27 PM - 1 October, 2013
As a colorblind person with horrible eyesight on top of that, thank you for the neon blue!!
Edica 9:30 PM - 1 October, 2013
Thank you so much for fixing the played track color !!!! I was going crazy about it.
djnodoz1985 9:33 PM - 1 October, 2013
forgive me asking a possible dumb question, I haven't been following new software, im using ttm57 rane mixer with built in serato with technics 1200"s and serato vinyl. should I update? or doesthis not apply to me?

Thanks
djnodoz1985 9:36 PM - 1 October, 2013
never mind it's not scratch live... lol I just read the email from serato...
AnTz 9:46 PM - 1 October, 2013
Does this work with the Rane 62 mixer as well or just the 64?
djma2t 9:47 PM - 1 October, 2013
Would have appreciate the new retina resolution display taken in account in this new release. Serato DJ is still not fully compatible with Rétina display.
I mean that the application has been developped for low resolution screens, thus the font displayed (song titles, play section, playlist ...) is really blurry compared to others Rétina's compatible applications.
As per of tests performed, I confirm you that it is not really confortable to mix during a 5 hours sessions with this blurry font :-/

Appreciate if Serato DJ product manager could push up for this evolution in the next release.
hipnosis0310 9:48 PM - 1 October, 2013
MUCHAS GRACIAS DESCARGANDO 1.5 DDJ-SX EN LA CASA QUE BIEN....
DJ Rocking Ray 9:52 PM - 1 October, 2013
I heard that Serato DJ will not support the 57 nor the sl1, although I have the 57 myself and sad to hear that... However I also have the DDJ-SX and the sl3... For the DJ's DVS feature I am going to use the 57 like the 56 and hook up the sl3 inline with my 1200s!.. I wish that serato can work it so 57 and sl1 users can take advantage of the DVS feature in DJ as well!

Quote:
forgive me asking a possible dumb question, I haven't been following new software, im using ttm57 rane mixer with built in serato with technics 1200"s and serato vinyl. should I update? or doesthis not apply to me?

Thanks
DJ Rocking Ray 9:56 PM - 1 October, 2013
I am also wondering If Serato DJ is going to support the Denon DN-HC1000S as it is supporting Novation's Dicers?????
djcgamble 10:01 PM - 1 October, 2013
looking to start out on serato with my cdj 2000nxs and djm 900 nxs would i still need a serato scratch interface like the sl2/3 even do its HID Now..?
zera-vla 10:13 PM - 1 October, 2013
Is this new version compatible version with the sl1-sl2 interface?
Julianongsc 10:14 PM - 1 October, 2013
The Behringer DDM 4000 mixer with interface MIDI/ USB controllers supported in Serato DJ
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:14 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
im using ttm57 rane mixer with built in serato with technics 1200"s and serato vinyl. should I update? or doesthis not apply to me?

Hi djnodoz1985 - Yes you will not need to update. The TTM-57 will not be supported for Serato DJ. You can always keep using Scratch Live, it will work just as it always has!

Quote:
Does this work with the Rane 62 mixer as well or just the 64?

@AnTz, Rane Sixty-Two support is coming, however this release is specifically for the new Sixty-Four and DJM900-SRT mixers.

Quote:
Serato DJ is still not fully compatible with Retina display.

@djma2t, You should be able to manually adjust your resolution in the System Preferences to suit the Retina Display. A lot of users selecting a lower resolution found this to be an effective solution.

Regards
Dj G cue 10:17 PM - 1 October, 2013
now this is an off question: I really like Serato Itch. I have a Vestax VCI-300 MKII & VFX-1. can I just DJ with Itch? I downloaded Serato Dj but I love the Simplicity of Itch my self.
Thank you
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:20 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
The Behringer DDM 4000 mixer with interface MIDI/ USB controllers supported in Serato DJ

Not at this stage i'm sorry. Only the new Rane Sixty-Four and the new Pioneer DJM900-SRT are currently supported.
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:21 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
now this is an off question: I really like Serato Itch. I have a Vestax VCI-300 MKII & VFX-1. can I just DJ with Itch? I downloaded Serato Dj but I love the Simplicity of Itch my self.
Thank you

You can always keep using ITCH for as long as you want. You will not get the added features that are in Serato DJ, but ITCH will not stop working if you choose to keep using that platform instead :)
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:22 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Is this new version compatible version with the sl1-sl2 interface?

The SL 2 is not currently supported, however we hope to bring support for the SL 2 in the near future.

The SL 1 will not be supported in Serato DJ. You can continue using it with Scratch Live however, it will not stop working with that application.

Cheers
OFI13 10:32 PM - 1 October, 2013
I've got the sl3 with 1200s when are when gonna be able to start testing I would like to get a jump on this thanks Ofi
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:33 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
As a colorblind person with horrible eyesight on top of that, thank you for the neon blue!!

It was one of the most popular feature requests! :) Glad to hear that it has helped you.

Cheers
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:36 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
I've got the sl3 with 1200s when are when gonna be able to start testing I would like to get a jump on this thanks Ofi

Hi OFI13, the SL 3 is not currently supported with Serato DJ, but we will have a public beta released in December and full support coming early next year. Check out the Serato DJ page for more info > serato.com

You can still use the SL 3 will Scratch Live.

Cheers
deejay kc 10:36 PM - 1 October, 2013
Does 1.5 work with ddj sx?? Or just the ddj sr
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:38 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Does 1.5 work with ddj sx?? Or just the ddj sr

Both the DDJ-SR and DDJ-SX are supported :) This update is mainly about introducing DVS support for the two new Rane and Pioneer mixers.

Feel free to click the links at the top of the page for more information on the update.

Regards
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:42 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:

Yes, it is an update for Serato DJ users. If you were not already using Serato DJ with your NS6 you can download and install this version.

Regards
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:45 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Did it support amd cpu

AMD processors are not supported by Serato, and have not been supported for a long time. I do not recommend using an AMD processor with Serato DJ.

Cheers
Ragman 10:50 PM - 1 October, 2013
Scott S. when the V7 receive support?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:53 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Scott S. when the V7 receive support?

The Numark V7 will be supported in December - see this article for more info > serato.com

Cheers
Ragman 11:07 PM - 1 October, 2013
Thanx man... ;-)
Dj G cue 11:07 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Not at this stage i'm sorry. Only the new Rane Sixty-Four and the new Pioneer DJM900-SRT are currently supported.

Muchas Gracias :)
DJ_VIRUS 11:20 PM - 1 October, 2013
so this wont work with the 62 mixer yet right?
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:21 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
so this wont work with the 62 mixer yet right?

Correct, Full support for the Sixty-Two mixer will come early next year. This is currently only supported for the two new Rane and Pioneer mixers.

Cheers
Asu 11:31 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
looking to start out on serato with my cdj 2000nxs and djm 900 nxs would i still need a serato scratch interface like the sl2/3 even do its HID Now..?

you already know you'll need Rane/Serato/Mixer sound card to unlock the software...read previous comments first :-)

In other News,is it me or is the save loop button missing in 1.5 or did you move it to a different spot?
hipnosis0310 11:34 PM - 1 October, 2013
HEY FUNCIONA PERFECTO CON DDJ SX GRACIAS A LA COMPAÑÍA SERATO. ESTA DE HOLLYWOOD..... 1.5 100 PUNTOS... DJ HIPNOSIS CALI-COLOMBIA.
Asu 11:40 PM - 1 October, 2013
Never mind i figured it out...just do your loop and click the + on an empty loop bank. hmmm had me confused for a bit lol...testing 1.5...still have 1.3 just in case :-)
Dj Wunder 12:10 AM - 2 October, 2013
Woot!
dj_davinci 12:36 AM - 2 October, 2013
What about the problem with connecting both Serato and Rekordbox? Or is it still the problem that people have to work from iTunes?
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:47 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
What about the problem with connecting both Serato and Rekordbox? Or is it still the problem that people have to work from iTunes?

There is no Serato-Rekordbox connection at this stage. For now you will need to use iTunes or build your own crates from within Serato DJ.

Cheers
DJ_Gizzy 1:14 AM - 2 October, 2013
Question: Will the Denon MC6000 MIDI Controller be supported plug and play? I currently use the Denon MC6000 with SL3 + Scratch Live with the midi mappings provided by Serato; therefore, will native support be added for this wonderful controller in the near future?
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:18 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Question: Will the Denon MC6000 MIDI Controller be supported plug and play? I currently use the Denon MC6000 with SL3 + Scratch Live with the midi mappings provided by Serato; therefore, will native support be added for this wonderful controller in the near future?

There are no plans at this stage to support the MC6000 in Serato DJ, however this could be a possibility in the future. You will need to continue to use it in conjunction with the SL 3 and Scratch Live at this stage.

Cheers
Nerves 1:55 AM - 2 October, 2013
Will the Denon DN HC 5000 be supported?
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:57 AM - 2 October, 2013
Hi there Nerves, no sorry the DN HC5000 will not be supported for Serato DJ. You will need to continue using this in Scratch Live.

Cheers
Nerves 2:00 AM - 2 October, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply Scott.
Dj Tony Morris 2:17 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Hey hammy

If you are still getting crashes, can you please open up a help thread here: serato.com

Cheers

Im not even going to even try it if its crashing the hell with that
Dj Tony Morris 2:28 AM - 2 October, 2013
in 1.3 the sampler tracks are not there until you click on the 2 3 4 sample banks
MikeyG 2:41 AM - 2 October, 2013
Need some help I just loaded 1.5 and it does not recognize the hardware... I get the no compat hardware message...I was using 1.3 before it worked fine... the config is Toshiba PC with 4megs, win 7 home preminum 64 bit, mk2 controller. any ideas???
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:46 AM - 2 October, 2013
Hi MikeyG, if you are having technical issues please start a help request > serato.com

Sounds like you might need to reinstall drivers for the controller. Start by removing and reinstalling the software with the controller connected the entire time.

Cheers
MikeyG 2:58 AM - 2 October, 2013
ok thanks
Dj Tony Morris 3:25 AM - 2 October, 2013
wow 1.5 just came out and people are having these things going on I'll hold on this upgrade cuz it sounds like a down grade
Asu 3:46 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
wow 1.5 just came out and people are having these things going on I'll hold on this upgrade cuz it sounds like a down grade

Just did a 1hr test run and all seems fine on DDJ-SX with 1.5

No complaints from me
RodrigoVolta 3:47 AM - 2 October, 2013
No fix for DDJ-S1? All this time and nothing has been fixed?
People have reported various compatibility issues found and nothing was done about it?
I found nothing about it in SDJ 1.5 "What's new"!
When you guys will solve these problems for users of the DDJ-S1?
I've noticed that many things were corrected for users of Numark, but nothing for users Pioneer, just like me!
Waiting for u!
Asu 3:50 AM - 2 October, 2013
i should add my platform is Mac OSX Macbook Pro 10.8.5,8GB RAM,1TB HDD,512 GT card,Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz...no issues...just installed and rebooted the OS...all is good so far :-)
Percivale 3:52 AM - 2 October, 2013
Serato Go Go Go! That's more like it.. keep it up!
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:59 AM - 2 October, 2013
Hi RodrigoVolta, if you are having technical issues please start a help request > serato.com

Cheers
Dj Tony Morris 4:27 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Just did a 1hr test run and all seems fine on DDJ-SX with 1.5

No complaints from me

ok thanks i'll test it soon not now
Chris-æsos 5:17 AM - 2 October, 2013
Hey Serato

your bpm-analyzing needs to calibrate

at this track, you have 158bpm but this has only 148.
>> youtu.be/bIpiLYRRbCM <<

maybe at Ektoplazm, you will find some more tracks, specially "Dark-psy" that will make your Analyzer nervous.

but at least: i love your work
Dj Hand 5:29 AM - 2 October, 2013
I wonder if it will be possible to use the control vinyl discs on the DDJ-SX?
Chris-æsos 5:50 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Hey Serato

maybe at Ektoplazm, you will find some more tracks, specially "Dark-psy" that will make your Analyzer nervous.

>> this is the second time that i say this. The last time it was for one year, and nothing happens.

we start a new era of djing and than .....

to analyze an song correctly is base for digital djing.
Rapid_Fire 6:03 AM - 2 October, 2013
What about the users of Windows 8, When they will be able to use the new software?
Mark Quest 6:53 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Hey Serato

>> this is the second time that i say this. The last time it was for one year, and nothing happens.

we start a new era of djing and than .....

to analyze an song correctly is base for digital djing.

I've always found the Analyze Engine quite powerful. As long as you have selected the appropriate & closest BPM range of the songs you are analyzing, it has NO problem picking them up. And you can always manually enter the BPM's yourself & adjust the beatgrids if you are having issues
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:02 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
What about the users of Windows 8, When they will be able to use the new software?

Although Windows 8 is not officially supported, the vast majority of users have no issue running Serato DJ on this OS. If you haven't already, my advice would be to give it a try.

Cheers
Rapid_Fire 7:32 AM - 2 October, 2013
Installation completed successfully.
ps
Is it possible for you to submit a proposal for new features? If so, how?
DJ Booga 8:05 AM - 2 October, 2013
Hi, will the DDJ-SX support DVS technology with a Serato DJ update in the future?
VJAndrus 8:25 AM - 2 October, 2013
Its look very intresting, but work very slowly. Macbook pro. i7 2,3 GHz 4GB 1600MHz DDR, 10.8.5.
Im going back to ver. 1.3 sorry :(
VJAndrus 9:43 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Its look very intresting, but work very slowly. Macbook pro. i7 2,3 GHz 4GB 1600MHz DDR, 10.8.5.

And crashes too! :((((
rolymaz 11:32 AM - 2 October, 2013
Thanks for new release, ummm...what does this actually mean:

"You can now use Simple Sync and have the added option to snap to Beatgrids. This is great if you want to use the advanced features of Serato DJ such as the Slicer. "
Asu 11:43 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Thanks for new release, ummm...what does this actually mean:

"You can now use Simple Sync and have the added option to snap to Beatgrids. This is great if you want to use the advanced features of Serato DJ such as the Slicer. "

it means just that lol...that option wasn't available before in simple sync that's why meaning you couldn't use the slicer effect which needs active beat grids :-)

Quote:
Quote:

And crashes too! :((((

if you just install on Mac osx and just run without a reboot....it will crash...don't replace the old 1.3 just use keep both that way you have both 1.3 and 1.5 in applications folder :-)
DJKENNYFLOW 11:50 AM - 2 October, 2013
when you do something for libraries (playlist)
DJKENNYFLOW 11:53 AM - 2 October, 2013
be great if you updated automatically .. reading the new mp3 of folders....!!!!! :)
jahred 12:08 PM - 2 October, 2013
What about a quantize feature?
alur-suda 12:31 PM - 2 October, 2013
Seriously Still no quantise......????
Julianongsc 12:36 PM - 2 October, 2013
Which version of Serato DDM 4000 is compatible?
Scratch Live?
rolymaz 12:42 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
it means just that lol...that option wasn't available before in simple sync that's why meaning you couldn't use the slicer effect which needs active beat grids :-)

aah ok...I use Smart Sync with beatgrids...so no value to me then.
djnutz82 12:58 PM - 2 October, 2013
Has the beatgrid issue been sorted out yet? Alot of people in previous threads say tracktor gave them tight beat matching when synced, does serato now give the same as ive noticed some of my beatgrids are still a little bit out and its a pain in the arse keep adjusting them
DJ 1 Time 3:57 PM - 2 October, 2013
Thanks for the update, but I'm sticking with 1.2. I haven't had any crashes since I reverted back to 1.2. That's the most embarrassing thing to have happen, especially when you have a packed floor or you're playing for a wedding ceremony....not reception, but the actual ceremony.
Asu 5:06 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Has the beatgrid issue been sorted out yet? Alot of people in previous threads say tracktor gave them tight beat matching when synced, does serato now give the same as ive noticed some of my beatgrids are still a little bit out and its a pain in the arse keep adjusting them

The beat matching is no problem but DJs are getting too lazy...Ride the pitch too + or - a little guys if it slips a little...I can beat match but many times I use simple sync but keep things in line manually...pple ask for too much sometime lol
chumchumlopk 6:12 PM - 2 October, 2013
When will Serato 1.5 be available for windows 8 any one know ?
DjayRage 6:17 PM - 2 October, 2013
It works in Windows 8, just not "officially" supported.
chumchumlopk 6:22 PM - 2 October, 2013
so I can install it with not that much worries ? @DjayRage
DjayRage 6:24 PM - 2 October, 2013
I've been using Windows 8 for over a year with Serato DJ and SL.
Shae Force One 6:29 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:

yup yup thats what i'm using no issues!!!!!!
chumchumlopk 7:15 PM - 2 October, 2013
Thanks im using it right now the sync seems a little off but its all good
DjayRage 7:18 PM - 2 October, 2013
That has nothing to do with W8 though. Make sure all your tracks (and beatgrids) are analyzed ahead of time. Even then it will never be 100%.
carvajal contreras 7:50 PM - 2 October, 2013
yo tengo la estoy utilizando con la Pioneer DDJ-SX, funciona perfectamente, aparte de los efectos que son espectaculares, ojala que para la otra actualización sea aumentada(100%) la velocidad del Pich, por que solo viene al 50%, pero yo la recomiendo muchísimo, lejos el mejor software para tocar música, saludos a todos desde Antofagasta(CHILE).
D_GUERRA 8:30 PM - 2 October, 2013
Is 1.5 be used on the Pioneer DDJ-SX?????
D_GUERRA 8:31 PM - 2 October, 2013
CAN*
djx 8:38 PM - 2 October, 2013
I am very upset to see that the 1.5 update does not work with the AMD processors as Serato had promised to fix by October. I am very concerned with Serato now and I guess I may have to switch to a different manufacturer and different software. Tired of this program shutting down and nothing being done about the situation as Serato said they would do
Asu 8:55 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
I am very upset to see that the 1.5 update does not work with the AMD processors as Serato had promised to fix by October. I am very concerned with Serato now and I guess I may have to switch to a different manufacturer and different software. Tired of this program shutting down and nothing being done about the situation as Serato said they would do

why don't you just use intel,why put your self in a corner???
Asu 8:57 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:

Yes,all certified controllers are good to go :-)
D_GUERRA 8:59 PM - 2 October, 2013
THANKS ASU
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:04 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:

Yes Serato DJ 1.5 works great with the DDJ-SX. Try it out! :)

Quote:

We do not support AMD processors, and have not supported them for a long time. There was a previous issue with AMD processors running the 1.3 version when the 1.2 version worked fine, this promted iZotope to provide a fix for the solution (missing DJFX.dll file) which is now implimented into the new version of Serato DJ (1.5). You should not be getting a missing DJFX.dll file error with this new update. If you are getting this error please start a help request here > serato.com
NOTE: We do not support computers running AMD processors with Serato DJ

Quote:
Which version of Serato DDM 4000 is compatible?
Scratch Live?

Yes, you can use the Behringer DDM4000 with any Scratch Live version as long as you have a Rane SL box connected.

Quote:
be great if you updated automatically .. reading the new mp3 of folders....!!!!! :)

This would be a great feature! Hopefully we could impliment something like this into a future version, but at this stage I dont have any futher information when library feature updates will be implemented. You are more than welcome to start a feature suggestion here > serato.com

Regards
Dj Hand 1:21 AM - 3 October, 2013
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:18 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:

Not at this stage sorry Dj Hand. We would love to implement this in the future, however I dont have any further information about this currently!

Cheers
djnutz82 2:33 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

The beat matching is no problem but DJs are getting too lazy...Ride the pitch too + or - a little guys if it slips a little...I can beat match but many times I use simple sync but keep things in line manually...pple ask for too much sometime lol

I dont just mean with the beat matching, i have been doing that since my vinyl days, im talking about when doing loops and using the slicer feature. When i use these, the track doesnt always come back on beat
Asu 3:17 AM - 3 October, 2013
the grids aren't perfect...many of them are though if you set the proper range for your library....for the rest,just adjust manually...personally i haven't been using slicer that much....or you can use slicer with slip mode...that may work since slip more would get you right back on beat :-) just a thought
DJ 1 Time 4:40 AM - 3 October, 2013
Is it possible to load 1.5 on my MacBook while 1.2 is loaded? I don't wanna uninstall 1.2 while testing 1.5.
dj kq 6:17 AM - 3 October, 2013
Does anyone know how to play track after track without havin to upload the song yourself in serato dj..as it was on serato itch..thx
djnutz82 10:09 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
the grids aren't perfect...many of them are though if you set the proper range for your library....for the rest,just adjust manually...personally i haven't been using slicer that much....or you can use slicer with slip mode...that may work since slip more would get you right back on beat :-) just a thought

Cheers Asu, not so bad pitch bending when playing out live as it goes barely unnoticed if slightly out but its when you record podcasts it gets irritating as u can actually hear it goin out or being slightly out and it bugs me but maybe its just a personal thing. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to recording mixes but maybe thats my adhd kicking in lol
Shay.Sekler 11:44 AM - 3 October, 2013
thanks for the update! :)

here's my question-in the rar file there was a 'loopmasters' file.what does it do?
JOHN JOHN 3:18 PM - 3 October, 2013
Bought the dicer novation to do mappingk the serato of loopes and ultimately can not fix it because playing not as external but as internal of Media What now is useless and lost and loopes and button that stores loopes
Asu 3:35 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Is it possible to load 1.5 on my MacBook while 1.2 is loaded? I don't wanna uninstall 1.2 while testing 1.5.

This is what i did,down load and install then when dragging the serato DJ App,don't replace...instead select keep both and rename the new serato DJ...to Serato DJ 1.5 and drag a short cut for use....that way u have both just in case :-)
Asu 3:43 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Does anyone know how to play track after track without havin to upload the song yourself in serato dj..as it was on serato itch..thx

Activate auto play in the bottom left corner when the hardware is connected....
Asu 3:44 PM - 3 October, 2013
Auto play available since Serato DJ 1.1.2 i believe
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:05 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:

Yes this is possible, you will just need to rename the 1.2 application to a different name so it does not overwrite.

Quote:

Once your controller is connected and the software is activated, there will be an Autoplay button in the bottom left corner. Click this to enable track-by-track continuous play.

Quote:
here's my question-in the rar file there was a 'loopmasters' file.what does it do?

We've teamed up with our pals at Loopmasters to pull a range of samples from their immense and high quality catalogue of sound-wares. Free to you when you download Scratch Live 2.5 or Serato DJ 1.5. This is a great chance for you to take advantage of the SP-6 (sample player) if you haven't had the samples to do so in the past. Running this installer package will create a "Samples" crate in your crate list with all the samples included.

More Loopmasters sample pack information here > serato.com
dj kq 12:47 AM - 4 October, 2013
Thxxx...how abt how to creat a bpm for a song that don't hv one..tried with beat grid but it always comes up120 for any song I try to do..
Asu 2:04 AM - 4 October, 2013
drop the song on analyse tab....make sure u set the proper range for much of your library :-)
jbsound 3:45 AM - 4 October, 2013
Why it doesn't work with my sl1 hardware. No DJ compatible device connected. That make me sad.
Asu 11:29 AM - 4 October, 2013
Quote:
Why it doesn't work with my sl1 hardware. No DJ compatible device connected. That make me sad.

Read the release Notes...57SL and SL1 are not supported(USB 1.1 Devices)...other Rane gear will be supported early next year...
One Love 5:13 PM - 6 October, 2013
Why it doesn't work with the NS7 FX ? As jbsound, that make me sad and the 1.3 version doesn't work correctly too.... Only itch is working good with the NS7FX....
Asu 8:32 PM - 6 October, 2013
Quote:
Why it doesn't work with the NS7 FX ? As jbsound, that make me sad and the 1.3 version doesn't work correctly too.... Only itch is working good with the NS7FX....

start a help thread to get help from Serato
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:30 PM - 6 October, 2013
Quote:

Serato DJ 1.5 works great with the NS7FX, and so does 1.3. However if you are having issues please start a help request here > serato.com

Quote:

The SL 1 does not have the technology for Serato DJ to support it. You will need to keep using the SL 1 with Scratch Live.
djx 4:42 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

why don't you just use intel,why put your self in a corner???

I have recently switched to an Intel Core I5 and I am having worse luck than I was with my AMD's! I have a very large database for music and maybe that is what is causing my issues. I have read up on large databases with serato and it seems that serato is not able to handle large databases which for a dj software is unacceptable. Most of us larger dj's are set up for just about anything. I am not a new user as I bought serato when it first came out and updated software as well as boxes every year to keep current. This is the first time I have ever had this problem. So, it does not matter what processor I am running, I still have the same problem.
Selectah Cy 5:14 AM - 8 October, 2013
I noticed the 1.5 update did not mention the ddj sx per say. Should we still use 1.3 or go ahead and run the 1.5? Which would run better?
los3men2 10:10 AM - 8 October, 2013
Mac Book Pro 1 Year old with OS X Lion 10.7.5 no anything problems with Serato 1.1 , 1.2 or 1.3 but the new Software 1.5 is a big Problem ! What's wrong guys my Mac crashed without warning ! The first time since 1year with Serato DJ !
DjayRage 5:23 PM - 8 October, 2013
@Selecta CY 1.5 works with DDJ SX...
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:31 PM - 8 October, 2013
Quote:
I noticed the 1.5 update did not mention the ddj sx per say. Should we still use 1.3 or go ahead and run the 1.5? Which would run better?

Hi Selectah Cy, Yes 1.5 is compatible with the DDJ-SX. You can also stay on 1.3 if you wish.

Cheers
chumchumlopk 10:15 PM - 8 October, 2013
Bout to get the DDJ-SX any suggestions on what type audio interface to get ?
Dj Wunder 11:10 PM - 8 October, 2013
Quote:
Bout to get the DDJ-SX any suggestions on what type audio interface to get ?

The SX is an audio interface
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:12 AM - 9 October, 2013
^^^ What he said :)

Thanks Dj Wunder!
MorpheusDJ 7:57 AM - 9 October, 2013
Serato 1.5 crased. Not only for me. Not just one time. Not only on Pioneer DDJ-SX. I love to use Serato DJ, and the 1.3 is rock solid. Why dont you post about any official Serato? Its a shame... The pros cant afford it!!!
Rhadesh 2:29 PM - 9 October, 2013
Quote:
Hey hammy

Cheers

I can't see any help
Rhadesh 2:33 PM - 9 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Selectah Cy, Yes 1.5 is compatible with the DDJ-SX. You can also stay on 1.3 if you wish.

Cheers

You release a new update and now you saying to DDJ-sx user's to keep the 1.3..... WTF......

this is your problem. you guys have to solve it..... :(
Rhadesh 2:35 PM - 9 October, 2013
Quote:
Serato 1.5 crased. Not only for me. Not just one time. Not only on Pioneer DDJ-SX. I love to use Serato DJ, and the 1.3 is rock solid. Why dont you post about any official Serato? Its a shame... The pros cant afford it!!!

:) Agree.......... we need answers.......
Asu 8:09 PM - 9 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

You release a new update and now you saying to DDJ-sx user's to keep the 1.3..... WTF......

Personally,I haven't noticed any issues yet OSX 10.8.5 & DDJ-SX + 1.5,still testing but for gigs i'm still on 1.3 until i've tested the hell out of 1.5 :-)

I'd suggest keeping both and test 1.5 while gigging with 1.3 which is solid until you're sure it's stabilized...
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:04 PM - 9 October, 2013
Quote:

When did I say that? I said you can use 1.5 or 1.3 if you wish. The Pioneer DDJ-SX is a native Serato DJ controller, so you can use ANY version of Serato DJ with it. If you are having issues with 1.5 please start a help request.

Quote:
I'd suggest keeping both and test 1.5 while gigging with 1.3 which is solid until you're sure it's stabilized...

Very valuable advice for the giging DJ. We dont expect there to be any issues with recent updates to the software but if there is it is better to be safe than sorry.

Regards
Dj Spinboy 5:58 AM - 10 October, 2013
Quote:

SDJ 1.5 DOES work on the NS7FX... I found that it works flawlessly when my Ns7 is plugged into my 3.0 (powered) USB port on my Alienware laptop. When plugged into the 2.0 ports the controller is not recognized... try that...3.0 may be the new usb requirement
Dj Spinboy 6:01 AM - 10 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

SDJ 1.5 DOES work on the NS7FX... I found that it works flawlessly when my Ns7 is plugged into my 3.0 (powered) USB port on my Alienware laptop. When plugged into the 2.0 ports the controller is not recognized... try that...3.0 may be the new usb requirement

I have ITCH, SDJ 1.2 AND SDJ 1.5 on in separate folders on my laptop just in case. Grreat work Serato.. Im sure any bugs will be worked out on the next update... but for now my issues with 1.5 have been solved
Dj Ascension 7:52 AM - 10 October, 2013
So in summary here's the Heads up on the new Serato DJ after checkin on the forum. Serato DJ does NOT support the ttm57 mixer, sL1, sL2, & sL3 boxes. But it is really compatible with midi controllers and now has a sync button. hmm.

So Serato, will you be making Serato DJ compatible with these, particularly the 57, in December with the SL2 ? thanks
Rhadesh 7:57 AM - 10 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

When did I say that? I said you can use 1.5 or 1.3 if you wish. The Pioneer DDJ-SX is a native Serato DJ controller, so you can use ANY version of Serato DJ with it. If you are having issues with 1.5 please start a help request.

Quote:

Very valuable advice for the giging DJ. We dont expect there to be any issues with recent updates to the software but if there is it is better to be safe than sorry.

Regards

yeah yeah........ how can i used 1.5 if it always crash at start of ddj-sx.......
Open a help request..... LOL...... there are thousands of people there with the same problem........ its a software problem and i am not an expert.......
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:16 AM - 10 October, 2013
Quote:

Open a help request..... LOL...... there are thousands of people there with the same problem........ its a software problem and i am not an expert.......

Hey Rhadesh

We currently have 29 pending help requests from a registered and active user base of over one million.

If you are experiencing issues, it would be highly advisable to open a help request at this point so we can get you sorted. Please give us as much information as possible when opening your help request to ensure a positive resolution in a timely manner.

Cheers
Aaron
Rhadesh 1:53 PM - 10 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Hey Rhadesh

We currently have 29 pending help requests from a registered and active user base of over one million.

If you are experiencing issues, it would be highly advisable to open a help request at this point so we can get you sorted. Please give us as much information as possible when opening your help request to ensure a positive resolution in a timely manner.

Cheers
Aaron

OK
One Love 3:16 PM - 10 October, 2013

LOL
LuisBeyra 7:53 PM - 10 October, 2013
Can someone please tell me where the (Next Track option) is now on 1.5?
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:40 PM - 10 October, 2013
Quote:
So in summary here's the Heads up on the new Serato DJ after checkin on the forum. Serato DJ does NOT support the ttm57 mixer, sL1, sL2, & sL3 boxes. But it is really compatible with midi controllers and now has a sync button. hmm.

So Serato, will you be making Serato DJ compatible with these, particularly the 57, in December with the SL2 ? thanks

Hi Dj Ascension, it would be great if you could read the article that is at the top of this page before posting a comment, it will answer all your questions.

The TTM-57 and SL 1 will not be supported in Serato DJ. Full support for the SL 2, SL 3, SL 4, Sixty-One, Sixty-Two and Sixty-Eight will all come early next year.

Regards
Dj Ascension 10:33 PM - 10 October, 2013
Serato, Thanks for the quick feedback. Looks like SSL 2.5's for me in the 16-bit arenas then. nice work with the remote for iPad! It makes the efx much more user friendly than the 57 and adds a new element to performance. 2.5's crashed with the 57 once dj-ing and once vj-ing with serato video during performances yet the trusty daft punk record on stand-by gave me enough time as the rainbow wheel spun. Hope to see stability updates with 2.5 in the future yet it works great with SL4 & 68 when used . Thanks

Ascension
Macbook Pro 10.6.8
Lacie Rugged 2TB
TTM57
SL3
SL4
DJHALLMANN 2:16 PM - 12 October, 2013
very good thx serato ............bless
Asu 2:26 AM - 13 October, 2013
Quote:

Auto play....bottom left corner with hardware connected :-)
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:48 PM - 13 October, 2013
Quote:

Quote:
Auto play....bottom left corner with hardware connected :-)

Also the keyboard shortcuts for Load Next Track:

Left Deck
Load Next Track : Alt + W
Load Previous Track : Alt + Q

Right Deck
Load Next Track : Alt + S
Load Previous Track : Alt + A

Cheers!
djwise2u 4:37 AM - 14 October, 2013
Quote:
any fix as yet for the limited crates issue?

i second this question
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:21 PM - 14 October, 2013
We have made many improvements to to the way the library operates with Serato DJ, and we are continuing to make improvements on its performance with larger libraries.

There still might be some limitation to the amount of crates you can have in your library before performance starts to suffer, however we are hoping to remove this limitation with future updates to Serato DJ.

If you are having issues with a large library / many crates, please start a help request.

Alternatively, chop down the size of your library / amount of crates and see if you see any improvements. Follow the steps in this article to reduce your memory usage in Serato DJ > serato.com

Regards
Selectah Cy 5:25 AM - 15 October, 2013
Quote:
@Selecta CY 1.5 works with DDJ SX...

yea it works, just wondering why they didnt prompt the ddj sx users to use it
BrooklynDJTR 3:19 PM - 16 October, 2013
I updated to 1.5 last night. After the update Serato would not recognize my Pioneer DDJ-S1 Controller. Deleted 1.5 and went back to 1.3, everything worked f
Dj Spinboy 3:56 PM - 16 October, 2013
Quote:
I updated to 1.5 last night. After the update Serato would not recognize my Pioneer DDJ-S1 Controller. Deleted 1.5 and went back to 1.3, everything worked f[/quote

Do you have a 3.0 usb port available on you laptop? Using thec3.0 made SDJ 1.5 run flawlessly for me
DJ VERBALKLINT 4:18 AM - 21 October, 2013
I have used 1.5 on 3 gigs so far and it is 1derful. I use it with the ddj s-1, a vestex effect controller and a cheap korg midi controller. I may also add that I have a hp crappy laptop with a AMD processor. I will be upgrading soon so I can use videos. Maybe it's luck but this is really working for me Thanks
DJ Rocking Ray 5:32 AM - 22 October, 2013
I am a Pioneer DDJ-SX user and I will say this, Stay with release 1.3 UNLESS you intend to use the new DVS feature with current supported DVS hardware within Serato DJ!
However I did try 1.5 and found that I lost my Tempo Matching Display in "Horizontal" view so I removed 1.5 and went back to 1.3 and the tempo matching display returned!
Selectah Cy 5:10 PM - 22 October, 2013
Quote:
I am a Pioneer DDJ-SX user and I will say this, Stay with release 1.3 UNLESS you intend to use the new DVS feature with current supported DVS hardware within Serato DJ!
However I did try 1.5 and found that I lost my Tempo Matching Display in "Horizontal" view so I removed 1.5 and went back to 1.3 and the tempo matching display returned!

THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST HELPFUL RESPONSE YET. I NOTICED THE BEAT GRID POPPING UP ON ALL MY TRACKS AND IT WAS MESSING UP THE TIMING OF MY AUTO LOOP. I LIKE THE SAMPLES THAT THEY PROVIDED, BUT THATS ABOUT IT. 1.5 HAS BEEN CRASHING LIKE CRAZY LATELY ON ME. I USE THE DDJSX AS WELL
DJ Rocking Ray 6:57 PM - 22 October, 2013
Quote:

In addition to my previous post I will also encouraged all Serato users before installing updates to please read the release notes in regards to both Serato Software and firmware updates for your devices! Always see if your device is affected in Serato Software Updates before updating just like Will Smiths words in the track Summer Time "Give me a soft subtle mix And if ain't broke then don't try to fix it"! Just always pay attention to your software and device interactions behaviors before and after any updates!
DJ Rocking Ray 6:59 PM - 22 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST HELPFUL RESPONSE YET. I NOTICED THE BEAT GRID POPPING UP ON ALL MY TRACKS AND IT WAS MESSING UP THE TIMING OF MY AUTO LOOP. I LIKE THE SAMPLES THAT THEY PROVIDED, BUT THATS ABOUT IT. 1.5 HAS BEEN CRASHING LIKE CRAZY LATELY ON ME. I USE THE DDJSX AS WELL

Cheers Selectah Cy!
DJJUNE FROM DA BRONX 4:39 AM - 31 October, 2013
I will like to know If serato Dj gonna come out with a update that can let us record off the mic or inputs for the ddj sx .... Like I do with the TTM57 SL .... That would be Nice
Selectah Cy 5:17 AM - 31 October, 2013
Quote:
I will like to know If serato Dj gonna come out with a update that can let us record off the mic or inputs for the ddj sx .... Like I do with the TTM57 SL .... That would be Nice

I agree with that 100 @dj june --
DJJUNE FROM DA BRONX 6:49 AM - 31 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with that 100 @dj june

For real they need that update ASAP
DJ Rocking Ray 11:53 AM - 31 October, 2013
Unfortunately, Serato DJ will not support the TTM57 SL Mixer (I have one too) or the Rane SL1 box because their technology is old so with that note stick with the Scratch Live Platform for those devices. In my opinion S Live is still a good program for the turntablist.

One the issue of the SX with DJ myself and a few other friends have encountered the same recording of the mics and line issues and I found that the SX only has 2 audio (channels) buses which are your platter control signals only going into your pc or mac and returning back to the sx is four audio (Channels) buses for audio going to channels 1 - 4 (Decks 1-4) on your mixer. The record function in DJ I believe records your mixes digitally in the computer! Now if you want to record a live set you will need to have and audio program like Audacity or similar, now if you computer that you are running DJ on is not powerful to run both DJ and Audacity at the same time you need to run Audacity on another computer and connect either Master or both output of the SX into the computer thats running Audacity's soundcard!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with that 100 @dj june

For real they need that update ASAP
DJJUNE FROM DA BRONX 2:10 PM - 1 November, 2013
Quote:
Unfortunately, Serato DJ will not support the TTM57 SL Mixer (I have one too) or the Rane SL1 box because their technology is old so with that note stick with the Scratch Live Platform for those devices. In my opinion S Live is still a good program for the turntablist.

One the issue of the SX with DJ myself and a few other friends have encountered the same recording of the mics and line issues and I found that the SX only has 2 audio (channels) buses which are your platter control signals only going into your pc or mac and returning back to the sx is four audio (Channels) buses for audio going to channels 1 - 4 (Decks 1-4) on your mixer. The record function in DJ I believe records your mixes digitally in the computer! Now if you want to record a live set you will need to have and audio program like Audacity or similar, now if you computer that you are running DJ on is not powerful to run both DJ and Audacity at the same time you need to run Audacity on another computer and connect either Master or both output of the SX into the computer thats running Audacity's soundcard!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My problem is that i got use to recording my voice or giving out shout out as im doing a master mix recording .... With my ttm57 sl i can plug in my ipod or ipad on one of the input and record off of that .... I just thought they would come out with an update to allow us to choose
DJ aviator 7:05 AM - 14 November, 2013
how can i record using N4????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????
turntablist master junry 9:39 AM - 15 November, 2013
how about the mic....how to record the mic
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:37 PM - 17 November, 2013
Hi DJ aviator,

Yes you can record the Mix in Serato DJ. Just plug in the N4, sign in using your Serato account email and password and click on the REC panel at the top of the screen.

A recording panel will open and you will be able to record your mix, and save it to your recordings folder.

Quote:

Sorry you are not able to record the MIC channel at this stage. We would like to include this in the future however currently you are not able to record the mic.

Regards
DJJUNE FROM DA BRONX 10:18 PM - 17 November, 2013
Quote:
Hi DJ aviator,

Yes you can record the Mix in Serato DJ. Just plug in the N4, sign in using your Serato account email and password and click on the REC panel at the top of the screen.

A recording panel will open and you will be able to record your mix, and save it to your recordings folder.

Quote:

Sorry you are not able to record the MIC channel at this stage. We would like to include this in the future however currently you are not able to record the mic.

Regards

Hey Scott Can we Also Get To Record From Any Input on The DDJ SX In The Future As Well ??
DJ_Gizzy 8:24 AM - 26 December, 2013
Good Day, If I purchase Serato DJ with the 50% off today, will I be applicable to the Serato 1.6 full version release in FEB 2014?
Ragman 9:06 AM - 26 December, 2013
Once you purchase you get free upgrades to future versions.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:27 PM - 26 December, 2013
Quote:
Hey Scott Can we Also Get To Record From Any Input on The DDJ SX In The Future As Well ??

Hi DJJUNE FROM DA BRONX, unfortunately since the signal coming in from an external source is not passed through the software, it is hard to record this input. It is something that we are looking at doing in the future however it is not currently possible.

DJJUNE FROM DA BRONX 8:03 AM - 10 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Hi DJJUNE FROM DA BRONX, unfortunately since the signal coming in from an external source is not passed through the software, it is hard to record this input. It is something that we are looking at doing in the future however it is not currently possible.

Thank You For The Reply & Hope Your Do Make It Happen In The Future
DJJUNE FROM DA BRONX 8:04 AM - 10 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

DJ_Gizzy 7:06 PM - 10 January, 2014
So my question to Serato is.... will a midi mapping be provided for the Denon MC6000 for Serato DJ 1.6 (just like it was for SSL)... understanding even if a serato interface (SL2, SL3 or SL4) has to be used?
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:10 PM - 12 January, 2014
Hi DJ_Gizzy,

The MC6000 MK1 will not be supported in Serato DJ. However, Denon have announced an MC6000 MK2 which will be compatible with Serato DJ Intro and can be upgraded to Serato DJ with the purchase of a license. Check it out here > serato.com

Details about the Denon MC6000 MK2 are still to come :)

Regards
Gordon 3:47 PM - 22 February, 2014
I am still running version 1.2 and was wondering if I should update to version 1.5. My SX and Macbookpro is running fine without any problems. I am afaid to update if there are problems with 1.5.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 4:57 AM - 23 February, 2014
Hey Gordon

Serato DJ 1.6 is out now and should run without problem. We have fixed a lot of bugs and added some cool features since SDJ 1.2.

Give it a try, you can always go back :)

Aaron
turntablist master junry 2:30 PM - 24 February, 2014
why there is still a freezing in my display while runnung serato dj 1.6...but the priviews 1.3 was ok.....im using vestax vci300..... after an hour serato dj 1.6 frezing display problims.... i use windows 8 ...plsss help...