Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Serato DJ 1.5 supports the Pioneer CDJ-2000 / CDJ-2000nexus

2:28 AM, 30 Sep 2013
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Asu 12:15 PM - 1 October, 2013
When are the other CDJs gonna be supported? 850 & 900 especially?
vorobev 12:39 PM - 1 October, 2013
When there will be a support CDJs 850 and 900 ?
Dj Mikey d 6:08 PM - 1 October, 2013
so just to confirm the hid got re-done for the cdj 2000 from scratch live?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:30 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
When are the other CDJs gonna be supported? 850 & 900 especially?

We don't currently have any announcements about support for the CDJ-850 and CDJ-900 sorry.

Quote:

HID support for the CDJ-2000 in Serato DJ was built from the ground up. A lot of functionality is the same, but a few things have changed. Check out the Quick Start Guide for more info: serato.com

Cheers
Dj Mikey d 7:33 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:

HID support for the CDJ-2000 in Serato DJ was built from the ground up. A lot of functionality is the same, but a few things have changed. Check out the Quick Start Guide for more info: serato.com

Cheers

omg you have actually made me day. Can't wait to use it with my sl3. Gotta wait till december for beta and feb for official :(.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:59 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
omg you have actually made me day. Can't wait to use it with my sl3. Gotta wait till december for beta and feb for official :(.

Haha, cool :)

December will roll around soon enough man, see you on the beta!
Kingsidney 8:17 PM - 1 October, 2013
So Could i use the new ns7 2 as a mixer with my 2 cdjs?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:19 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hey Kingsidney,

Its possible to connect CDJs in HID Mode and use them with your NS7 if you wish.
This is not officially supported, but it works :)
djharry 8:48 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hi,
It's possible to connect DDJ-SX with 2 CDJ-2000 NEXUS for control 4 decks of Serato DJ ?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:57 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hey DJHarry,

Yes its possible and it works :)
Just remember its not officially supported.
Jellybean 9:20 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hi,

Will the cdj 2000 and cdj 2000 nexus have the individual artwork of the track currently loaded on the cdj's display independently of that displayed on the other decks? My only gripe with the cdj implementation on scratch live is that it didn't do that!

Cheers,

Jellybean.
Kingsidney 9:20 PM - 1 October, 2013
Great news.

If ut already works is it likely to get official support in the future?
nicksubishi 9:23 PM - 1 October, 2013
Another vote for CDJ900 support
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:24 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hey Jellybean,

At this stage it shows the artwork for the highlighted file in Serato DJS library window.
-- Both CDJS scroll at the same time when scrolling the library (same as Scratch Live).

If you press the BROWSE button then the INFO button you can see information for the current track loaded to that CDJ.
Jellybean 9:32 PM - 1 October, 2013
Thanks Serato for replying to my question!!!!!

Does the info page show the the artwork to that loaded track?

Cheers,

Jellybean.
angmoh 9:54 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers

Wait, confused. I thought this means that the 2000/nexus already work now? Or we have to wait til Dec?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:57 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hey Angmoh,

The CDJs are supported now.
The SL3 box support is coming later.

Thanks.
Menteor 10:08 PM - 1 October, 2013
Good news that serato suports ddjsx and cdj nexus together. I understand that it works but its not officially suported because its still in beta but will it be suported offically in the future?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:12 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hey Menteor & Kingsidney,

I don't have that information at this stage sorry guys.

Thanks.
Serato, Support
Jamie W 10:14 PM - 1 October, 2013
Hey Jellybean,

No artwork on the Info page.
What it does show is Artist, Track, Key, Original BPM, Genre, Album info.
-- Its good if you want to quickly check whats loaded to the deck without checking your laptop screen virtual decks.

Thanks.
dj-tiger 10:40 PM - 1 October, 2013
is there a update for the cdj 2000
Veejay Dullah 11:00 PM - 1 October, 2013
Please guys just need help how do I play with 2pioneer cdj 2000 with ddj m800 mixer with Serato dj??
Veejay Dullah 11:00 PM - 1 October, 2013
How many USB cable do I need n how do I connect?
robertorh29 11:18 PM - 1 October, 2013
quick question now that we can connect serato dj instead of scratch ive to the cdjs , do we still need a serato soundcard?
Jensen Määäm 11:30 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
Please guys just need help how do I play with 2pioneer cdj 2000 with ddj m800 mixer with Serato dj??

Right now, you can't use Serato DJ, you would need a piece of supported hardware like the Rane 64 or the Pioneer DJM 900 SRT or you wait until feb 2014, then the Rane SL2, 3, 4 and Rane 61, 62 and 68 will be supoorted in SDJ, then you can use those together with your CDJ 2000 and Serato DJ.
Jensen Määäm 11:33 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
quick question now that we can connect serato dj instead of scratch ive to the cdjs , do we still need a serato soundcard?

Yes, you still need a Rane soundcard or a mixer with an inbuilt soundcard that works with SDJ, like the 64 or the DJM 900 SRT.
Jensen Määäm 11:37 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
How many USB cable do I need n how do I connect?

If you would have read carefully...everything was explained in the article above...you need 3 USB cables, the same way like the CDJ's were connceted before, when you would have used SSL and CDJ's in HID mode.
robertorh29 11:37 PM - 1 October, 2013
okay so i just plug in the soundcard from the cdjs to my laptop and the cdjs to my laptop , am i correct?
Jensen Määäm 11:43 PM - 1 October, 2013
Quote:
okay so i just plug in the soundcard from the cdjs to my laptop and the cdjs to my laptop , am i correct?

CDJ 2000/2000Nexus to your laptop, Rane Soundcard (outputs) to your mixer, Rane Soundcard to your laptop and you are good to go. just not yet, as the Rane soundcards are not working with Serato DJ yet, you'll have to wait til the end of the year for the SDJ 1.6 beta or til feb 2014 to get it work, or you buy a Rane 64 or an Pioneer DJM 900 SRT and you can start using SDJ with your CDJ 2000/2000Nexus now.
robertorh29 12:08 AM - 2 October, 2013
so till feb 2014 or the 1.6 beta i still have to use scratch live ??
Khalid69 12:13 AM - 2 October, 2013
Hi there...I tried to connect my cdj's nexus with serato Dj , but no luck!!! I tried to connect it with sl1, also not working... I tried also to connect my nexus's with ddj-sx and every thing working except the sound not coming out on the mixer !!! How can I make it work with DDJ-sx??

And if I got DDJ-SP1 with 2 cdj's nexus and connect 3 of them to the laptop (with out having the 2 new mixers and DDJ-SX), will this work !?
Jensen Määäm 12:13 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
so till feb 2014 or the 1.6 beta i still have to use scratch live ??

Yes, only with the Rane 64 or the Pioneer DJM 900 SRT you could use it now.
Jensen Määäm 12:16 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Hi there...I tried to connect my cdj's nexus with serato Dj , but no luck!!! I tried to connect it with sl1, also not working... I tried also to connect my nexus's with ddj-sx and every thing working except the sound not coming out on the mixer !!! How can I make it work with DDJ-sx??

And if I got DDJ-SP1 with 2 cdj's nexus and connect 3 of them to the laptop (with out having the 2 new mixers and DDJ-SX), will this work !?

The SL1 is not supported in Serato DJ!!! You can use it with SSL only!!!
If you don't have the hardware which is supported in Serato DJ you can't use the CDJ's in Serato DJ now.
dj-tiger 12:19 AM - 2 October, 2013
seem like they mess up some thing along the line caz every one having problem
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:31 AM - 2 October, 2013
Thanks Jensen Määäm!

You're doing a great job of helping people get the right information. Can I please remind everyone to open a help thread if you are experiencing technical issues. This blog post is not the place to get help.

Thanks for your understanding :)

Quote:
seem like they mess up some thing along the line caz every one having problem

I can assure you tiger that not everyone is having a problem. If they were, with over a million registered users we would be in big trouble here in Support!
dj-tiger 12:36 AM - 2 October, 2013
ok thank u for the info
dj-tiger 12:37 AM - 2 October, 2013
so there no way to connect the cdj 2000 now right
Jensen Määäm 12:41 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
so there no way to connect the cdj 2000 now right

If you want to use the CDJ 2000s with Serato DJ today, you need a piece of supported Hardware like the Rane 64 or the Pioneer DJM 900 SRT. Or you wait until the other Rane Hardware (SL 2, 3, 4, 61, 62, 68) will be supported in the SDJ 1.6 beta at the end of the year or you ca nstill use your CDJ 2000s with SSL. These are your options.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:50 AM - 2 October, 2013
Also, as Jamie said above, a combination of a Serato DJ supported controller and CDJs can work. Not officially supported, but give it a go if you have the right hardware :)
Khalid69 1:03 AM - 2 October, 2013
Jensen Määäm 1:06 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:

No, because the DDJ-SP1 is just an add on controller. You are missing a piece of hardware!
Serato, Support
Scott S 1:19 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:

Sorry this will not work. You need compatible Serato DJ hardware connected to unlock the full software. If you added a Serato DJ controller to this setup then it will work!

Cheers
dj-tiger 1:20 AM - 2 October, 2013
ok thanks so much for all the info big ups to yall
zkflow 2:23 AM - 2 October, 2013
So... now is more cheaper to buy a simple controller than buy the 2 cdj nexus and still need a hardware!!?? no thanks... for the moment i still use my cdj's only with usb sticks...
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:24 AM - 2 October, 2013
No worries zkflow, if you are happy with your current setup we advise you stick with what is best for you :)
Jensen Määäm 2:26 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
So... now is more cheaper to buy a simple controller than buy the 2 cdj nexus and still need a hardware!!?? no thanks... for the moment i still use my cdj's only with usb sticks...

It has always been this way, most controllers are cheaper than just one CDJ 850 and all controllers on the market are cheaper than just a single CDJ 900...
djnicje 5:02 AM - 2 October, 2013
Is the skip problem with the Cdj's solved?
djpaje 5:55 AM - 2 October, 2013
Cdj 2000 nexus works with SX. tried one earlier, will test with 2 later. Seamless indeed! For me atleast
Serato
Shaun N 7:09 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Is the skip problem with the Cdj's solved?

Hey djpaje,

It has been resolved in 1.5 - we've implemented platter debounce for both the CDJ 2000 nexus, and the CDJ 2000.

No more skip issues! =)

Thanks
dorsetlive 11:06 AM - 2 October, 2013
mac and 2 cdj2000s and djm2000. All connected by usb? Will that work or is extra bit of hardware needed?
Thanks
Jensen Määäm 11:18 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
mac and 2 cdj2000s and djm2000. All connected by usb? Will that work or is extra bit of hardware needed?
Thanks

No, that doesn't work with SDJ, you still need a piece of hardware (right now the Rane 64 or the DJM 900 SRT), by the end of the year these will do it as well: an SL2, 3, 4 or 61, 62 or 68.
dorsetlive 11:39 AM - 2 October, 2013
Thanks Jensen. OK thought as much.
Lucas Melo 1:32 PM - 2 October, 2013
I have cdj 2000 nexus, I can not make the connection using only CDJs not? I'll need a more hardware? what would this hardware?

In traktor I can connect the CDJ directly, without the need for additional hardware.
Jensen Määäm 1:49 PM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
I have cdj 2000 nexus, I can not make the connection using only CDJs not? I'll need a more hardware? what would this hardware?

In traktor I can connect the CDJ directly, without the need for additional hardware.

If you want to use Serato DJ 1.5 with your CDJ 2000 Nexus, you need another piece of hardware that is supported in SDJ (Rane 64 or Pioneer DJM 900 SRT), then you don't need anything else, like in Traktor. The CDJ 2000 Nexus are natively supported in SDJ 1.5.
So you would connect them with a USB cable to your laptop and one of those mixers I've mentioned to your laptop and that's it. People say the CDJ 2000 Nexus work with the Pioneer DDJ-SX controller and SDJ as well, it's just not official.
From february 2014 on you will be able to use other Rane Hardware together with your CDJ 2000 Nexus and SDJ 1.6 (the SL2, 3, 4 and the Rane 61, 62 and 68).
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:34 PM - 2 October, 2013
^ What Jensen Määäm has said above is correct, you need a piece of hardware to unlock the Serato DJ software before you can use it with CDJ's. The CDJ's are not an authorised piece of Serato DJ hardware that unlocks the software.

Thanks for the help Jensen :)

Cheers
zkflow 3:29 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

It has always been this way, most controllers are cheaper than just one CDJ 850 and all controllers on the market are cheaper than just a single CDJ 900...

Yeah... i know.. the controllers are cheper than a setup (in my case) with two cdj 2000 nexus... and the controller works without problems... but with the expensive cdj's you still need to buy more complements...
I will be happy the day when serato finally accept the cdjs without SL or any piece of hardware...(if virtual dj can... why you can't?)
zkflow 3:31 AM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

If you want to use Serato DJ 1.5 with your CDJ 2000 Nexus, you need another piece of hardware that is supported in SDJ (Rane 64 or Pioneer DJM 900 SRT), then you don't need anything else, like in Traktor. The CDJ 2000 Nexus are natively supported in SDJ 1.5.

The day when i can connect my cdjs directly without additional hardware... i can say the nexus are natively supported in serato...
El Borikua 8:12 PM - 3 October, 2013
Good afternoon. Just downloaded SDJ 1.5 onto my MAC. Running TTM-57 with 2XCDJ-2000 Nexus. They run fine in SSL. Close SSL, go to open SDJ, comes up, detects comp able hardware; go to link on the CDJ-2000NX, hit link, and it just sits there, not connection.
What am I doing wrong.
BTW - CDJ-2000NX firmware ver 1.2

gracias
el Borikua
Jensen Määäm 8:20 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Good afternoon. Just downloaded SDJ 1.5 onto my MAC. Running TTM-57 with 2XCDJ-2000 Nexus. They run fine in SSL. Close SSL, go to open SDJ, comes up, detects comp able hardware; go to link on the CDJ-2000NX, hit link, and it just sits there, not connection.
What am I doing wrong.
BTW - CDJ-2000NX firmware ver 1.2

gracias
el Borikua

You are missing a piece of supported hardware to use your CDJ 2000 Nexus with SDJ, like the Rane 64 or the Pioneer DJM 900 SRT. By the end of the year, with Serato DJ 1.6 beta you will be able to use your set up with an Rane SL 2, 3 or 4 or you use one of these mixers: Rane 61, 62 or 68.
Jensen Määäm 8:21 PM - 3 October, 2013
I forgot to add, your TTM 57 is not supported in Serato DJ, you can use it with SSL only!
And just having the CDJ 2000 Nexus to use SDJ is not enough.
El Borikua 8:35 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
I forgot to add, your TTM 57 is not supported in Serato DJ, you can use it with SSL only!

Thanks for the information. I had read about Serato killing the SL1, but the TTM-57??
And I was looking forward to trying the new software with the added features . . .
I guess unless you have a rich uncle, you ain't keeping up with the flow . .

jeezz
el Borikua

p.s. has anyone tried the Rekordbox that comes with the Pioneers?
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:14 PM - 3 October, 2013
Hi El Borikua,

The TTM-57 and SL 1 box will still be supported and will work in Scratch Live, however they will not be compatible with the Serato DJ platform. You can still use the latest version of Scratch Live and everything will work as usual.

Regards
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:36 AM - 7 October, 2013
Hi just downloaded sdj 1.5 plugged in my toaster and the picture i have of a cdj2000nexus is not working.

Serato need to sort this out!!

How can plugging in my toaster and 1.5 not make this picture of a cdj2000nexus work?

Please help i have a gig in my garden shed and need this working asap!
Serato, Support
Scott S 12:38 AM - 7 October, 2013
Hi LJ_WOOLSEY,

Can you please let me know what brand of toaster it is? Does it have the capability to toast 4 slices or only 2? Have you made sure the defrost and crumpet settings have been deactivated?

Cheers
DJ.POLITIK 2:02 AM - 7 October, 2013
Is there a way to map the "LOOP MODE" or "SLIP" buttons on the 2000-nexus to generate a 4-beat loop like the 2000? Really frustrated with the lack of that feature...
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:20 AM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
Is there a way to map the "LOOP MODE" or "SLIP" buttons on the 2000-nexus to generate a 4-beat loop like the 2000? Really frustrated with the lack of that feature...

Hi DJ.POLITIK,

Sorry this feature is not currently available in Serato DJ. The HID is not mappable. The 4-beat loop was a hardware looping feature, and is not available when looping via the software (In HID/Internal mode). We hope to add more features and functionality in future, however I dont have any further information on when that will be available.

You are more than welcome to start a feature suggestion here > www.serato.com

Regards
DJ Jimmy C 8:16 AM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
Hi,

It's possible to connect DDJ-SX with 2 CDJ-2000 NEXUS for control 4 decks of Serato DJ ?

It will work the same as it would it you hook up two turntables. you will not be able to use the pads or effects with them though. You will only have access to the mixer portion of the DDJ-SX.
jerome 8:27 AM - 7 October, 2013
Hello same problem with cdj 2000 and serato dj 1.5? serato.com
itsDJTP 8:59 AM - 7 October, 2013
Guys,

is there any way CDJ 850/900 users could get support, even if its paid? After all, pioneer purposely added USB support to them both.

I currently use my CDJ 850 as a scratch live controller but the display does lag.
Dj Rodrigo Guimarães 5:16 PM - 7 October, 2013
So, with this update I don't need to use the DDJ-SX? All I need is to connect the CDJ's on my computer and the Serato DJ will work sending the sound through the CDJ 2000 soundboard???
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:58 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
So, with this update I don't need to use the DDJ-SX? All I need is to connect the CDJ's on my computer and the Serato DJ will work sending the sound through the CDJ 2000 soundboard???

NO!! Read all the aswers above!
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:32 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
Hello same problem with cdj 2000 and serato dj 1.5? serato.com

Hi jerome, yes these issues have been fixed in Serato DJ 1.5. This was only an issue for an earlier version of Scratch Live.

I will however recommend you isolate the CDJ equipment away from any heavy bass vibrations as much as possible to avoid skipping.

Quote:
is there any way CDJ 850/900 users could get support, even if its paid? After all, pioneer purposely added USB support to them both.

Sorry, there is no support for the CDJ-850/900 in Serato DJ at this stage.

Quote:

No, You will still need to connect a compatible piece of Serato DJ hardware. Please read comments above for further information.
938MyDJ 2:05 PM - 9 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

It will work the same as it would it you hook up two turntables. you will not be able to use the pads or effects with them though. You will only have access to the mixer portion of the DDJ-SX.

Can somebody confirm if Numark NS6 + CDJ2000Nexus works the same as SX + CDJ2000Nexus?

Thanks
938MyDJ 6:16 PM - 10 October, 2013
Maybe I have to test it myself...
and will let you guys know.

Just want to see how the CDJ2000Nexus works with SDJ 1.5 while waiting for the BETA.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:36 PM - 10 October, 2013
Quote:
Can somebody confirm if Numark NS6 + CDJ2000Nexus works the same as SX + CDJ2000Nexus?

It is possible to run the NS6 with CDJ-2000Nexus connected via HID with 1.5 similar to the DDJ-SX. Although it is possible and it works, we do not officially support doing this. You might run into some technical issues.

Regards
938MyDJ 8:38 PM - 10 October, 2013
Thanks, Scott!

I will still give it a shot to get familiar with SDJ 1.5 in advance.
Daniel Ventura 7:38 AM - 11 October, 2013
simple question:

why isn't it possible to use (the quite good) internal soundcards of the cdjs with the crispy spdif outs in serato?
in Traktor this works rock stable.
it only needs 2 usb ports for all (hid and Audio streams) that's way easier especially for mac users.
Daniel Ventura 9:15 AM - 12 October, 2013
same is possible in mixvibes and vdj

and another question:

it seems that changing the mapping isn't possible.

why?
Serato, Support
Scott S 10:05 PM - 13 October, 2013
Quote:
it seems that changing the mapping isn't possible.

why?

Because it is not user mappable. The CDJ is not MIDI mapped, it is running in Internal mode via HID. This can not be mapped.

Quote:
why isn't it possible to use (the quite good) internal soundcards of the cdjs with the crispy spdif outs in serato?

The CDJ's are not running as soundcards, nor are they activating Serato DJ. Your controller that is activating Serato DJ is the primary soundcard, the CDJ's are just there in Internal mode to be controlled via HID. They are not receiving any audio.

Quote:
in Traktor this works rock stable. same is possible in mixvibes and vdj

If these programs work efficiently for your preferred setup I suggest you stay on the software that is best for you.

Regards
deejdave 4:46 AM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Incorrect. The 2000's use HID via USB to the laptop and you can use the CDJ's to control decks 1&2 at all times and the platters on the DDJ-SX to control decks 3&4 at all times giving you full time 4 deck support. You also have full access to the beat pads, fx, sampler, etc with the DDJ-SX at all times. I have done it and it works 100%.
deejdave 4:47 AM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks

I can confirm it works 100% but as The Serato guys said it adds up to an unsupported setup and I can also confirm you certainly do run into some issues about 4 hrs. in.
deejdave 4:51 AM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the information. I had read about Serato killing the SL1, but the TTM-57??
And I was looking forward to trying the new software with the added features . . .
I guess unless you have a rich uncle, you ain't keeping up with the flow . .

jeezz
el Borikua

p.s. has anyone tried the Rekordbox that comes with the Pioneers?

Yes. Rekordbox is a nice idea but it has many flaws. It is also not an all-in-one solution like Serato & Traktor are. The library management is very similar to Traktor as well .............. in other words Serato is much better.

I am able to keep up with the flow so I got you. I don't have any uncles..................... just a job.
DjMarcusD 5:51 AM - 17 October, 2013
can we get the denon s3700 to work with serato dj in hybrid mode
deejdave 6:34 AM - 17 October, 2013
serato.com

If you are asking for the limited way in which it worked with SSL I believe it will be the same according to the link I posted. If you are asking if they will be adding HID then you already know the answer to that.
Daniel Ventura 8:35 AM - 17 October, 2013
thanks for your reply scott:

regarding the mapping Change.

in Traktor/VDJ/Mixvibes the cdjs are also hid mapped and they let you Change the mapping?

why isn't this possible in sdj?
DJSteveMatthews 9:16 AM - 17 October, 2013
QUESTION: if i plug in my DDJ-SX can i also plug in my 2000s in HID mode and they will work??? technically the DDJ-SX controller would act as the interface. I dont have a rane box and need to have CDJ setup tonight for another DJ
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:28 AM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:
QUESTION: if i plug in my DDJ-SX can i also plug in my 2000s in HID mode and they will work??? technically the DDJ-SX controller would act as the interface. I dont have a rane box and need to have CDJ setup tonight for another DJ

Yes you can do this. Not officially supported, but it works!
DJSteveMatthews 9:30 AM - 17 October, 2013
Quote:

Yes you can do this. Not officially supported, but it works!

so USBs from the CDJs in to Laptop and USB from DDJ-SX in to laptop. Switch CDJs to HID mode and away i go????
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:41 AM - 17 October, 2013
Yes.
DJSteveMatthews 9:57 AM - 17 October, 2013
perfect! thanks Aaron
Mousey 8:21 PM - 17 October, 2013
+1 for cdj850 & 900 support. Just doesn't make sense not to.
TheDanimal 3:01 PM - 23 October, 2013
+ another vote for CDJ900 support. You've had it on SSL for over a year and it's the only way I play. It cant be that hard or different from the CDJ2000 code to port it over. I would assume there are a LOT of users out there who aren't going to spend CDJ2000 money for a glorified midi controller. PLEASE DO THIS!!
deejdave 6:15 PM - 23 October, 2013
Ripping on the 2000's is not the way. The 900 is the same glorified midi controller as well.................. just a little less money. If you think the people who came up with that "glorified midi controller" thing don't feel the same way about the 900's as well you may want to reassess. I too agree to add it to the list of supported devices for SDJ. But there are even more users who feel the CDJ-900 is a stepping stone. Does that make them right? No. Whatever works for you correct? To each his own. On the brighter side you will be happy to know the HID configuration was designed from the ground up for the 2000's but this is what also lead to the difficulty in porting as now they have to follow suit for the 900's.
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:51 PM - 23 October, 2013
Quote:
+1 for cdj850 & 900 support. Just doesn't make sense not to.

Our developers are well aware of the request for CDJ850 and CDJ900 support, so hopefully they can be addressed in a future version! However I don't have any further information about if or when this will be available.

Cheers :)
shamethedj 6:56 PM - 24 October, 2013
Can anyone tell me how the position indicator on the CDJ 2000 relates to the software. Does 12o'clock on GUI mean 12o'clock on the CDJ 2000.

I ask because when the CDJ850 was in HID mode this was not the case and a bit of a disappointment. Cues points at 12o'clock in the GUI were all over the place with the 850.

I am hoping for a sort of VCI 380 direct feedback.

Any help?
Serato, Support
Jamie W 8:01 PM - 28 October, 2013
Hey ShametheDJ,

Thanks for getting in touch.

12 o'clock in Serato DJ is 2 o'clock on a CDJ centre LED display.
This behaviour is the same when using USB sticks or CDs with a Pioneer CDJ.

In regards to "it being all over the place" This should not be the case with supported CDJs in Serato DJ.

Thanks.
dj-tiger 3:00 AM - 29 October, 2013
can the cdj 2000s work with sera to dj now
dj-tiger 3:01 AM - 29 October, 2013
sorry serato dj
Serato, Support
Scott S 3:04 AM - 29 October, 2013
Quote:
can the cdj 2000s work with sera to dj now

Hi dj-tiger, if you had read this thread (or even the title) you will find your answer.

Yes, Serato DJ 1.5 now supports the CDJ-2000 Nexus and CDJ-2000 in HID mode.

Regards
dj-tiger 3:29 PM - 29 October, 2013
Do u need a peace of hardware from serato for them to connect
Jensen Määäm 4:17 PM - 29 October, 2013
Quote:
Do u need a peace of hardware from serato for them to connect

Yes, you still need another piece of supported hardware like the Rane 64 or the Pioneer DJM 900 SRT, next year the Rane SL2, 3, 4, the 61, 62 or 68 will do the job as well.
deejdave 1:25 AM - 30 October, 2013
The latter (SL2, 3, 4, 61, 62 & 68) will be available in Dec. 2013 via beta but officially supported in Feb 2014.

He was spot on about the interface/soundcard though. You can't use the CDJ-2000's as a soundcard for Serato DJ.
Serato, Support
Scott S 2:05 AM - 30 October, 2013
Thanks for the help deejdave :)
dario eduardo pedro 12:48 AM - 15 November, 2013
OK MAIS UMA INOVAÇAO DA SERATO DJ. VIVA
SuperNova Dj 2:14 PM - 4 December, 2013
CDJ 400??
dj-tiger 3:55 AM - 5 December, 2013
When will the serato Dj be coming out the 1.6 beta
Serato, Support
Aaron E 6:54 AM - 5 December, 2013
This month dj-tiger, won't be long :)
dj-tiger 11:55 AM - 5 December, 2013
ok thanks
SuperNova Dj 4:54 PM - 5 December, 2013
Quote:
This month dj-tiger, won't be long :)

Hi Aaron...
When will i can control serato dj with my ddj sx and 2 cdj400 in hid for deck c and d?
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:18 PM - 5 December, 2013
Never at a guess the cdj-400 was discontinued along time ago.

and they have no plans to support the cdj 350/850/900 so defo looks very slim on them supporting cdj 400.
DjMarcusD 3:14 AM - 6 December, 2013
If Serato not going to support the gear that worked with scratch live to work with Serato Dj they should just scratch that program and go back to scratch live. makes perfect since to just add the controller support in scratch live. IM JUST SAYING!!!!!!!!!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:32 PM - 8 December, 2013
Quote:
Hi Aaron...
When will i can control serato dj with my ddj sx and 2 cdj400 in hid for deck c and d?

I'm afraid there are no current plans to support the CDJ-400 in HID mode in Serato DJ.
nicksubishi 8:15 PM - 8 December, 2013
Well i hate to say it I've downloaded Traktor Pro as its on a 50% off promo = £33 and it fully supports the CDJ 900 decks which is more than Serato DJ is going to do.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:16 PM - 8 December, 2013
Quote:
it fully supports the CDJ 900 decks which is more than Serato DJ is going to do.

To be clear, we haven't said we're not going to support the CDJ-900 in HID mode in Serato DJ :)
nicksubishi 8:24 PM - 8 December, 2013
Aaron, Serato have stated they have no time frame for CDJ 900 support though which is a bit of an open book, could you give us a time frame for there support please together with all other controllers.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:00 PM - 8 December, 2013
Quote:
Aaron, Serato have stated they have no time frame for CDJ 900 support though which is a bit of an open book, could you give us a time frame for there support please

Sorry nicksubishi, that's still the message.
msoultan 3:09 AM - 10 December, 2013
Since support was built from the ground up, does the current implementation of HID on the CDJs now match the 0.02% pitch increment standard as implemented by Pioneer on the 2000s, 1000s, and 900s? The current 0.015% pitch increment in the ScratchLive implementation is way too sensitive and leads to ghost changes in high vibration environments. I don't have Serato DJ or a 2000 so I have no way of testing it.

Thanks,
Mike
Serato, Support
Jamie W 3:20 AM - 10 December, 2013
The implementation for Serato DJ matches the Pioneer pitch range spec.
6%, 10%, 16%, Wide.
--This increment only works when the CDJ is connected in HID mode.

In regards to the vibrations "debounce" has been rebuilt and this is not an issue when connected in HID mode using Serato DJ.

Thanks.
dj-tiger 6:14 AM - 10 December, 2013
When will we be getting serato Dj 1.6 beta I'm ready to try it out
Serato, Support
Aaron E 6:19 AM - 10 December, 2013
Soon, dj-tiger, soon. I promise :)
msoultan 6:22 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
The implementation for Serato DJ matches the Pioneer pitch range spec.
6%, 10%, 16%, Wide.
--This increment only works when the CDJ is connected in HID mode.

In regards to the vibrations "debounce" has been rebuilt and this is not an issue when connected in HID mode using Serato DJ.

Jamie,
My specific question is whether the pitch increment is now 0.02% when you have the unit in HID and select either +/- 6 or 10. In other words, when I start at 0, does it count up 0.00, 0.02, 0.04, 0.06, etc.

I'm not sure what "debounce" is, but the problem was that ScratchLive was programmed to use an increment of 0.015% for 6 or 10 and made the pitch fader extra sensitive, more so than it should have been. This caused ghost pitch changes and also made it difficult to dial in on a desired value.
Jensen Määäm 6:38 AM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
When will we be getting serato Dj 1.6 beta I'm ready to try it out

No disrespect, but is that a new game or something, asking every other day, when you got the answer already, that it will be released in December! Now, how many days do we have in december and what date do we have today?
dj-tiger 6:40 AM - 10 December, 2013
I ask because SSL don't work on my windows 8
Jensen Määäm 6:45 AM - 10 December, 2013
Just be patient, you know it's coming this month and they will send you even a newsletter that day when it's gonna happen.
dj-tiger 6:53 AM - 10 December, 2013
Ok bro
evillevi 4:08 PM - 10 December, 2013
Let me get this straight. In order to use Pioneer CDJ 2000s in HID mode in Serato DJ, one would need a Serato controller, or this unit WITH a SSL-box?
msoultan 4:26 PM - 10 December, 2013
Yeah.. just like it is now. So now I have an SL1 and my 900s and I connect USB from my SL1 and my 900s to my laptop. No, you cannot use the sound cards in the 900s instead of the SL1 (or SL2, etc. etc.)
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:57 PM - 10 December, 2013
Serato See the CDJ Range as an add on accessory. SO they ignor the fact they have an inbuilt soundcard. AND you have to use a serato supported soundcard to unlock the software.

So ssl - RANE: MP4/SL-1/TTM57/SL-2/SL-3/SL-4/61/62/68 Is needed then you can add the cdjs as addons.
Jensen Määäm 5:26 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
Serato See the CDJ Range as an add on accessory. SO they ignor the fact they have an inbuilt soundcard. AND you have to use a serato supported soundcard to unlock the software.

So ssl - RANE: MP4/SL-1/TTM57/SL-2/SL-3/SL-4/61/62/68 Is needed then you can add the cdjs as addons.

You should add there is a reason for that:
SSL is a free software and SDJ is free, when you are coming from SSL or bought a supported controller. Let's say someone owns CDJ's and wanted to use SSL or now SDJ with the inbuilt soundcards of the CDJs, if he can download the software for free then Serato wouldn't make any money, just Pioneer. NI is dfferent they sell their software only.
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:35 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

You should add there is a reason for that:
SSL is a free software and SDJ is free, when you are coming from SSL or bought a supported controller. Let's say someone owns CDJ's and wanted to use SSL or now SDJ with the inbuilt soundcards of the CDJs, if he can download the software for free then Serato wouldn't make any money, just Pioneer. NI is dfferent they sell their software only.

Yes totally true it would need some payment to serato.
deejdave 7:35 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
Yeah.. just like it is now. So now I have an SL1 and my 900s and I connect USB from my SL1 and my 900s to my laptop. No, you cannot use the sound cards in the 900s instead of the SL1 (or SL2, etc. etc.)

Just remember you will not have the option to use your SL1 with Serato DJ ever. You MUST go for the SL2 or higher so not exactly like it is now but very similar.

Quote:

Keep in mind if you are having trouble with SSL working on windows the chances of you having issues with Serato DJ are almost certain. SSL is the more flexible of the two and a lot easier to get working with hardware. Windows based PC's are a difficult task at some times so PLEASE be sure to get the FREE trial prior to purchase. If you have no luck with that the answer should be clear.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:49 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:

Hey dj-tiger

Have you opened a help request about this. Windows 8 can be problematic at times, but we are usually able to get people going.

Cheers
Aaron
Serato, Support
Jamie W 9:30 PM - 10 December, 2013
Hey msoultan,

Quote:
Jamie,
My specific question is whether the pitch increment is now 0.02% when you have the unit in HID and select either +/- 6 or 10. In other words, when I start at 0, does it count up 0.00, 0.02, 0.04, 0.06, etc.

In short, no the % does not move in exactly the same increments as a Pioneer CDJ.

For example,
The Pioneer CDJ2000 will move in 0.01% increments when 6% pitch is selected.
-- When the Pioneer CDJ2000 is showing 0.06%, Serato DJ will be showing 0.1%
-- When the Pioneer CDJ2000 is showing 0.15%, Serato DJ will be showing 0.2%

Serato DJ basically rounds up the % number to its nearest increment as we dont show 2 decimal places for that % calculation.

If you are at 0.00% and you move the CDJ pitch 0.01% either side of centre, Serato will show a + or - before the 0.00%, but it will not show the exact increment. Its calculating it, buts its not visible.

However, the actual BPM value on a CDJ only shows 1 decimal place (120.1bpm).
This always matches Serato DJs BPM calculation.

If you have 2x CDJ2000s in HID mode I would recommend you use the CDJ pitch % information on the CDJ screen. It has never failed me, and two different tunes beat matched can stay in the mix for 2/3minutes without having to adjust pitch sliders or platters.

Quote:
I'm not sure what "debounce" is, but the problem was that ScratchLive was programmed to use an increment of 0.015% for 6 or 10 and made the pitch fader extra sensitive, more so than it should have been. This caused ghost pitch changes and also made it difficult to dial in on a desired value.

You should not have this issue in Serato DJ. I recommend you find yourself a pair of CDJs and try it out.

evillevi 11:42 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:

If I'm not mistaken controllers such as the CDJ 2000s are also supported on the Pioneer DDJ-SX? The SX is a Serato compatible controller.
I am happy with a controller setup. However, adding controllers, or even upgrading to separate components (replacing the controller by CDJs, mixer, SSL-box) would allow me to have full control over everything (play video with timecode records, or everything midi, or analog as I please). Moreover, CDJ controllers would add stability in case the laptop fails, as they can also read from external USB storage. But it's just way above my budget, and too many cables are required. i'd much rather have to pay for serato software to be able to use CDJs in HID mode than having to connect another device when I already have built-in sound cards. Full control aside, it would just be a step back in my situation.
I understand the financial reason for not letting us use CDJ's in HID mode with Serato DJ. But what about Pioneer's DJM 900 SRT mixing unit?
It is 'Serato Certified', meaning it has a built-in Serato sound card. Having said that, I assume you would no longer need a separate SSL-box. But again, you would have to use timecode CDs or vinyls! No HID mode! I simply don't get it.
evillevi 11:46 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:

It (Pioneer DJM 900 SRT) is 'Serato Certified', meaning it has a built-in Serato sound card. Having said that, I assume you would no longer need a separate SSL-box. But again, you would have to use timecode CDs or vinyls! No HID mode! I simply don't get it.

And please tell me I am wrong in this.
Jensen Määäm 11:54 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
It (Pioneer DJM 900 SRT) is 'Serato Certified', meaning it has a built-in Serato sound card. Having said that, I assume you would no longer need a separate SSL-box. But again, you would have to use timecode CDs or vinyls! No HID mode! I simply don't get it.

And please tell me I am wrong in this.

If you want to use the DJM 900 SRT with SDJ you can connect your turntables to it or CDJs. No other Rane soundcard (SL2,3,4) is needed as the mixer has one inbuilt already, just like the Rane mixers (61,62,64 and 68). If you want to use this set up with CDJ's there are models you would need the control CDs or the control tone on a usb stick or on a sd card (900s, 850s, 800s,...) but if you like to have HID modus then you need the CDJ 2000/2000 Nexus. No timecode needed in this case.
evillevi 11:58 PM - 10 December, 2013
Quote:
If you want to use this set up with CDJ's there are models you would need the control CDs or the control tone on a usb stick or on a sd card (900s, 850s, 800s,...) but if you like to have HID modus then you need the CDJ 2000/2000 Nexus. No timecode needed in this case.
A-ha! That's what I wanted to hear! And with CDJ900 Nexus? :-)
Jensen Määäm 12:11 AM - 11 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
If you want to use this set up with CDJ's there are models you would need the control CDs or the control tone on a usb stick or on a sd card (900s, 850s, 800s,...) but if you like to have HID modus then you need the CDJ 2000/2000 Nexus. No timecode needed in this case.
A-ha! That's what I wanted to hear! And with CDJ900 Nexus? :-)

No information from Serato on those yet.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:12 AM - 11 December, 2013
Quote:
And with CDJ900 Nexus? :-)

No announcements at this time sorry.

Cheers
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:13 AM - 11 December, 2013
Haha, thanks Jensen :) You're doing a great job out here!
Jensen Määäm 12:15 AM - 11 December, 2013
You are welcome! I need help as well, sometimes.
DJ Olde 5:16 PM - 17 December, 2013
hey dear serato team..

thanks for the cdj 2000 support... i have a question for the sync feature.. when i activate simple sync and move the pitch fader everything works perfect but how can i set the fader to another position without changing the bpms like i can do it on the serato dj controllers like Numark NS7 with Pressing Shift and moving the pitch fader...

this is my only problem .. i hope you can help me with this :-)

greetings olde
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:37 PM - 17 December, 2013
Hey DJ Olde

I believe Jamie W is helping you out with this.

Cheers
Aaron
Dj Mikey d 9:24 PM - 21 December, 2013
i have the original cdj 2000 and i testing hid mode for the first time on serato dj 1.6. (i always use it with sl). For some reason the loop cutter does not work anymore... Can someone tell me where it is now?
djSCOOPaLOOP 11:08 PM - 22 December, 2013
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:19 PM - 22 December, 2013
Quote:

It is in 1.6.0beta
djvito62 6:32 PM - 25 December, 2013
I'm a new beginner to serato dj switched from another software and so far I love it. Just wanted to know if my two cdj 2000 nexus can control 4 decks by just pushing a button on the cdj 2000 ??????
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:48 PM - 25 December, 2013
Quote:
I'm a new beginner to serato dj switched from another software and so far I love it. Just wanted to know if my two cdj 2000 nexus can control 4 decks by just pushing a button on the cdj 2000 ??????
nope
http://serato.com/user/id:366953 3:55 PM - 26 December, 2013
I switched to my CDJ 400 and DJM 600, the CDJ 2000 and DJM 2000 nexus nexus equipment. SERATO The program does not recognize the nexus CDJ 2000.
what should I do? I've done the firmware updates. Nothing happened!
I used the PC, MAC and the problem continues.
I party on weekends.
I need help!
Serato, Support
Scott S 8:45 PM - 26 December, 2013
Quote:
I switched to my CDJ 400 and DJM 600, the CDJ 2000 and DJM 2000 nexus nexus equipment. SERATO The program does not recognize the nexus CDJ 2000.
what should I do? I've done the firmware updates. Nothing happened!
I used the PC, MAC and the problem continues.
I party on weekends.
I need help!

Can you please start a help request > serato.com one of our support team members will be able to help you out over there :)

Regards
http://serato.com/user/id:366953 12:49 AM - 27 December, 2013
thank you
Aman1997 9:41 PM - 28 December, 2013
my CDJ 2000 Nexus isn't working with serato dj nor scratch live with the HID mode, my firmwares are all updated and even the softwares, Ive tried it on both my macs.
deejdave 10:50 PM - 28 December, 2013
My guess is if you don't know how to get it working with one software you probably won't know how to on the other Vs. actual equipment malfunction. Two different Macs, Two different applications, same user. Have you tried using alternate powered USB hubs? Are you going through the proper setup process? Have you tried using alternate USB cables?
Aman1997 12:10 AM - 29 December, 2013
Ya I tried with different USB hubs and with an alternate USB also bt nothing is happening. It says no rane hardware connected in scratch live n in Dj it says no Dj device connected. I'm just connecting the nexus via a USB to the mac , is there anything else I need?
deejdave 1:17 AM - 29 December, 2013
LOL Of courser there is. You need a SL (SL1, SL2, SL3, or SL4) box or supported Rane mixer (Rane 61, 62, or 68 in SSL) and you need the same for SDJ being a supported controller, a supported Mixer (DJM-900SRT or Rane 64 OR Rane 61, 62, & 68 via SDJ 1.6 Beta) OR a supported interface (SL2, SL3 or SL4 via SDJ 1.6 Beta update)

Like I said with such variables & one constant it was easy to tell it was user error to blame here.
deejdave 1:17 AM - 29 December, 2013
I am guessing this is your first time using Serato then?
Jensen Määäm 6:19 AM - 29 December, 2013
Aman1997, watch this video: Watchwww.youtube.com
Muzicdj 5:37 AM - 31 December, 2013
CDJ-850 HID support PLZ!!!
yuanx 8:49 PM - 2 January, 2014
Please i need support hid for Pioneet cdj 400 to continue using serato!!!

Serato team!!!
deejdave 8:57 PM - 2 January, 2014
Correction you WANT support for your CDJ400's to upgrade to Serato DJ but SSL (which the 4000's were designed for) will work forever for you. I fully believe this will work sequentially and IF the cdj-350 gets support then you may have a shot but currently the CDJ-900 just got it so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Just tryin to keep things realistic for you although I am sure it is not what you want to hear.
dylan1993 9:32 PM - 2 January, 2014
Can I connect two CDJ's with serato DJ, without connecting the DJM - 800???
dylan1993 9:32 PM - 2 January, 2014
Quote:
Can I connect two CDJ's 2000 with serato DJ, without connecting the DJM - 800???
Jensen Määäm 9:52 PM - 2 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Can I connect two CDJ's 2000 with serato DJ, without connecting the DJM - 800???

You need a Rane soundcard (SL2, 3 or 4) and a mixer, beside your 2 CDJs, if you want to use them with SDJ (1.6). If you use them in HID mode, you connect the CDJs via usb with your laptop and the outs of the Rane soundcard with the ins of your mixer.
dylan1993 10:30 PM - 2 January, 2014
And connecting the DJM - 800 with midi does that works?
deejdave 10:49 PM - 2 January, 2014
It lets you use certain functions that you midi map yourself. I would upgrade to the DJM-900SRT. Familiar feel without the need for the SL box as Jensen mentioned.
dylan1993 11:14 PM - 2 January, 2014
Is there nothing else with usb. If it works with scratch live of is that the same?
deejdave 11:17 PM - 2 January, 2014
Nope that is it. There is no sound card built into the 800 like there is a 900Nexus (for Traktor & rekordbox) or the 900SRT (Serato DJ, Traktor, & Rekordbox) so it is simple midi functions only. PLUS you must get a midi to USB converter box while the 900 you simply use a USB cable.
dylan1993 11:45 PM - 2 January, 2014
Is there something more then the rane series, because they are not cheap.
Jensen Määäm 11:56 PM - 2 January, 2014
If you want to use SSL or SDJ (with your CDJs) you need some piece of Rane Hardware we've mentioned or that Pioneer DJm 900 SRT.
You could use SDJ with a controller as well.
But SDJ or SSL is not like Traktor, where you could use the inbuilt soundcards of the CDJs, but you would have to purchase the software on the other hand...
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:41 AM - 4 January, 2014
Thanks Jensen and deejdave, doing great work out here :)
rkeeling 3:09 AM - 4 January, 2014
Can I connect 2 CDJ 900 to my NS6 use Serato DJ
Serato, Support
Aaron E 6:14 AM - 4 January, 2014
Quote:
Can I connect 2 CDJ 900 to my NS6 use Serato DJ

Yes you can, but this is not a supported option at this time. By all means give it a try, but you may experience some unpredictable behaviour.

Have a read of this for more info: serato.com

Aaron
rkeeling 3:32 PM - 4 January, 2014
Thank you Aaron
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:18 PM - 4 January, 2014
No problem rkeeling :)

My apologies though, I should specify that your CDJ-900s will only connect to the Serato DJ 1.6 beta that is currently available from serato.com

Please read all the guidelines carefully before installing it if you haven't already.

Cheers
dylan1993 4:04 PM - 13 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You need a Rane soundcard (SL2, 3 or 4) and a mixer, beside your 2 CDJs, if you want to use them with SDJ (1.6). If you use them in HID mode, you connect the CDJs via usb with your laptop and the outs of the Rane soundcard with the ins of your mixer.

And a rane SL 1?
Jensen Määäm 4:18 PM - 13 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And a rane SL 1?

The Rane SL1 is not supported in SDJ!!! Nor the TTM57, those 2 things working with SSL only!
dylan1993 6:32 PM - 13 January, 2014
Okay and rane sl2 witj djm 800 and cdj 2000 works with serato dj?
Jensen Määäm 6:36 PM - 13 January, 2014
Quote:
Okay and rane sl2 witj djm 800 and cdj 2000 works with serato dj?

Yes, with SDJ 1.6 Beta, in HID mode or with the control tone.
dylan1993 7:00 PM - 13 January, 2014
Thanks, then I must buy the rane sl2.
deejdave 10:14 PM - 13 January, 2014
I know it costs more but maybe even consider the SL4 so you can make use of all 4 channels. Figure two for decks and two for samplers................ maybe?
Franrasore 2:40 AM - 23 January, 2014
So for example, I have 2 CDJs 2000 Nexus and a ordinary DJM 900. I would like to be able to see what I am doing on the CDJs and Mixer on my laptop screen.
Would I just need to connect the Mixer and the 2 CDJs via USB to my laptop?
deejdave 2:49 AM - 23 January, 2014
No as we have stated numerous times you need a Serato certified interface to use the CDJ's. They are just supported accessories. Here is just one example of a post made just a few posts up saying just that...................

Quote:
If you want to use SSL or SDJ (with your CDJs) you need some piece of Rane Hardware we've mentioned or that Pioneer DJm 900 SRT.
You could use SDJ with a controller as well.
But SDJ or SSL is not like Traktor, where you could use the inbuilt soundcards of the CDJs, but you would have to purchase the software on the other hand...
Akban 4:37 AM - 4 February, 2014
Hi, when will be released the HID mode for other pioneer players, like cdj-350 ?
Akban 4:42 AM - 4 February, 2014
Quote:
Hi, when will be released the HID mode for other pioneer players, like cdj-350 ?

I own a rane SL2 and a couple of 350´s
Serato, Support
Aaron E 5:01 AM - 4 February, 2014
Hi Akban

I'm afraid we don't currently have any announcements for this.

Cheers
Aaron
Unclebnz1 5:53 PM - 5 February, 2014
+1
I just got my CDJ-900 Nexus and I'm just looking at them like they are expensive controllers. I don't want to get used to Rekordbox. Please Serato, add HID support soon.
magfox131 5:32 AM - 10 February, 2014
Dear SERATO, i had a CDJ 2000 nexus, I already updated to Firmware 1.21 and Im using Serato Dj Version 1.6 im using a MAC OSX 10.8 ,i already follow all the steps to connect it to computer i already downloaded the latest MAC Aggregator on CDJ2000 Nexus how come it does not recognized by the SERATO DJ 1.6 ? and I'm looking for the INTERNAL MODE On SERATO DJ i could not find it on (SET UP) preference Any Help Help !!!!
magfox131 5:32 AM - 10 February, 2014
Dear SERATO, i had a CDJ 2000 nexus, I already updated to Firmware 1.21 and Im using Serato Dj Version 1.6 im using a MAC OSX 10.8 ,i already follow all the steps to connect it to computer i already downloaded the latest MAC Aggregator on CDJ2000 Nexus how come it does not recognized by the SERATO DJ 1.6 ? and I'm looking for the INTERNAL MODE On SERATO DJ i could not find it on (SET UP) preference Any Help Help ....
magfox131 5:46 AM - 10 February, 2014
Dear SERATO, i had a CDJ 2000 nexus, I already updated to Firmware 1.21 and Im using Serato Dj Version 1.6 im using a MAC OSX 10.8 ,i already follow all the steps to connect it to computer i already downloaded the latest MAC Aggregator on CDJ2000 Nexus how come it does not recognized by the SERATO DJ 1.6 ? and I'm looking for the INTERNAL MODE On SERATO DJ i could not find it on (SET UP) preference Any Help Help ...

I dont have SL box,or any serato dj certified mixer, only i had is DDJ SX to Get the Audio of CDJ2000 Nexus goin to DDJ SX Mixer
SuperNova Dj 10:32 AM - 10 February, 2014
Hub usb to link cdjs and ddj sx to mac.
(Sx is better link directly on mac)
First ddj sx.
After cdjs.
Open serato.
Link button on the cdj
And all all right.

All 4decks on ddj sx must be on Pc mode.
LofM 10:29 PM - 10 February, 2014
Here's my setup….I can't get the CDjs to control Serato DJ via USB with a hub.

- MacBook Pro 10.5.8
- Latest version of Serato DJ
- 2 x CDJs 2000 nexus
- DJM 900 srt
- Brand new Anker 7 port powered USB hub

- 2 CDJs are plugged into the hub which is plugged into one of the USB ports on the laptop
- the second USB port on the laptop has a USB cable directly from the DJM900 SRT.

I've updated the firmware on the CDJs and everything else is up to date. The USB hub indicates it's reading the 2 CDJS because the lights on those ports are on.
Serato is set to Internal mode and the CDJs have been linked and the player numbers have been assigned.

What am I doing wrong? Link button on the CDJs flashes and once I load a track the play button on the CDJ won't even start playing.

Please help…. I just blew more money than I have on these things and I would like to get full functionality not just playing a CD or USB drive.
deejdave 10:31 PM - 10 February, 2014
You press link then rotate browser knob to select deck 1 on left CDJ & 2 on right CDJ correct? Then you click the browser knob to select respective deck?
LofM 10:35 PM - 10 February, 2014
PS I also did the aggregate device step in the midi prefs on my computer
LofM 10:36 PM - 10 February, 2014
yup I designated each deck in control mode. Thanks Deejdave I've read a bunch of forums with your feedback and you're always really helpful
LofM 10:36 PM - 10 February, 2014
yup I designated each deck in control mode. Thanks Deejdave I've read a bunch of forums with your feedback and you're always really helpful
LofM 10:37 PM - 10 February, 2014
Sorry about the multiple posts lol
deejdave 10:42 PM - 10 February, 2014
I try lol. So walk me thorough this.
What kind of MacBook Pro? I have three so I will use the one that best resembles yours. I have the SRT & CDJ-2000Nexus's x 2 as well. Matter of fact the only difference is my powered hub is a belkin.

OK so here weo go. For the first try can you eliminate the USB hub from the equation? Plug the ONE cdj directly into the USB hub as well as the SRT into the other USB hub.
LofM 10:44 PM - 10 February, 2014
Mac is 10.5.8
processor 2.8 Ghz Core !7
Memory 8gb 1333 mhz ddr3
Build 12f45
13" late 2011
LofM 10:46 PM - 10 February, 2014
I just plugged the CDJ directly to the computer usb port. When I hit play on the cdj the cue and play lights start blinking
LofM 10:48 PM - 10 February, 2014
When I go to setup in serato it seems as though it's reading the CDJs as decks 3 and 4 so I've selected those as the active decks. However if I load the song on deck one and hit play the play button on serato looks like its activated but the actual waveform on the time line is gray.
deejdave 10:49 PM - 10 February, 2014
OK you do know that channels 3 & 4 are the decks that get used when you select deck 1 & 2 via the CDJ's correct? Just asking not trying to offend or imply anything.
deejdave 10:50 PM - 10 February, 2014
I'm sorry I meant channels 2 & 3.
LofM 10:50 PM - 10 February, 2014
I also tried an older powered belkin hub and no luck so I ordered a high speed brand new one that had excellent reviews.
deejdave 10:51 PM - 10 February, 2014
They do this so that when you have a 4 deck setup all deck placements match up with channel placement. Then you also have the knobs on the SRT switched to USB (all the way to the right) correct?
LofM 10:52 PM - 10 February, 2014
Ok wait I'm absolutely not offended as I just got the equipment and this is new to me but I'm confused… so What deck #'s should be selected on serato and what deck #s should be assigned on the cdjs?
LofM 10:52 PM - 10 February, 2014
yes both channels on the srt are on USB
deejdave 10:53 PM - 10 February, 2014
Also 1 & 2 on SDJ is also 2 & 3 on the SRT. Are you able to press play on the software (while INT is selected) and get sound out of the SRT without the CDJ's at all?
deejdave 10:54 PM - 10 February, 2014
You select deck 1 on left deck 2 on right deck. They should be playing on channels 2 & 3 on the SRT.
LofM 10:58 PM - 10 February, 2014
Yes if I press play on serato it plays through the mixer

Deck 3 on serato plays on Channel 1 on the mixer
DEck 4 on serato plays on Channel 4
LofM 11:00 PM - 10 February, 2014
I got it!!!!! deejdave you are the best!!! I might love you a little right now

Thanks for being so patient and helpful!
deejdave 11:01 PM - 10 February, 2014
Yes that is correct. And decks 1 & 2 are on channels 2 & 3 correct? So if I am getting all this correct you are getting sound from the proper channels correct? If so we move on.
deejdave 11:01 PM - 10 February, 2014
NICE what was the issue?
LofM 11:09 PM - 10 February, 2014
The issue is that I had a senior moment and didn't know that certain decks correspond to certain channels on the mixer. I thought I could assign the channel I wanted by switching it to USB on the SRT. It's not very obvious on the documentation (unless I had another senior moment there) but I'm really happy you responded and cleared things up. Thanks again!

Other question… how do I get the big wave forms to show up on the CDJs.. might be a stupid question but now that I've got your attention…. It's fine if they don't as I have them on my computer.
deejdave 11:14 PM - 10 February, 2014
Unfortunately they do not. That is exclusive to Rekordbox. There have been some fake photos of the large (scrolling) waveforms on the 2000's working with Traktor & Serato as seen here images.search.yahoo.com but they are fake nonetheless. This is a current feature request though and we are trying to get it.

If you've got a free moment there are a few things I'd recommend you do to ensure you are running 100% I just wanna run through some of the known issues that some CDJ / SRT users are facing. You already would have noticed the largest two issues but the others are not so obvious and I just know I would want to know right away if it were me.
deejdave 11:16 PM - 10 February, 2014
Just to let you know (a little off topic) you can use your exact setup natively with Traktor & Rekordbox as well. That being said I have thoroughly used them all but Serato is where it's at!!
deejdave 11:17 PM - 10 February, 2014
Oh yeah and you are welcome BTW. I forgot to respond to your thank you.
LofM 11:19 PM - 10 February, 2014
Thanks! What are the other issues? I just liked your FB page maybe you can hit me up on there? I'm off to an appointment but I'll check back here later or on FB - Laura
deejdave 11:20 PM - 10 February, 2014
Yeah do what you gotta do. I'm on here quite a but so we'll get to it later.
Unclebnz1 4:14 AM - 14 February, 2014
Is there a beta of Serato DJ that would include cdj900 nexus?
Jensen Määäm 7:34 AM - 14 February, 2014
Quote:
Is there a beta of Serato DJ that would include cdj900 nexus?

Not yet.
djgeorgegrover 5:26 PM - 14 February, 2014
Any idea when there will be HID support for CDJ850s?
deejdave 1:13 AM - 15 February, 2014
They have not even announced that they WILL be supporting the CDJ-850 so an actual date has definitely not been released.
djgeorgegrover 4:48 PM - 15 February, 2014
Thanks for the reply! Hopefully Serato will realise that if they're choosing to stop supporting products like the 850 then they will lose customers as soon as they stop updating and improving SSL.
dj-tiger 1:47 AM - 16 February, 2014
dose any one know if there is a fix for the mic and aux to work wen using serato dj
deejdave 1:56 AM - 16 February, 2014
The Mic & Aux for CDJ-2000? Never heard of it.
dj-tiger 2:18 AM - 16 February, 2014
on the ns7
Serato, Support
Aaron E 9:08 PM - 18 February, 2014
Quote:
dose any one know if there is a fix for the mic and aux to work wen using serato dj

Hey dj-tiger

This was fixed in version 1.3, but unfortunately has become an issue again as of version 1.6. This has been given a high priority and a fix should be out in a version soon. If this is a show-stopper for you, I would recommend rolling back to version 1.5.2 for the time being.

Cheers
dj-tiger 1:52 AM - 19 February, 2014
ok thanks.1.6 is good to go so ill use it until u guys fix it
saeven 2:14 AM - 21 February, 2014
+1 for HID CDJ 850 with Serato DJ .. pleeeease!! :)
Muzicdj 4:08 AM - 21 February, 2014
+1 CDJ 850 HID SUPPORT !!!
DJ3B 5:26 AM - 28 February, 2014
+1 CDJ 850 HID SUPPORT!!
djmak23 9:23 AM - 5 March, 2014
Quote:
+1 for HID CDJ 850 with Serato DJ .. pleeeease!! :)
Niloy Ahasan 2:55 PM - 7 March, 2014
I bought 2 cdj 2000 nexus and 1 djm 2000 nexus mixer. I have also a laptop (Mac). Now i want to use serato with this setup. I manage also 2 usb cables. I connect my cdj with laptop. But serato doesn't work. Why? I have no rane hardware.
Jensen Määäm 3:01 PM - 7 March, 2014
Quote:
I bought 2 cdj 2000 nexus and 1 djm 2000 nexus mixer. I have also a laptop (Mac). Now i want to use serato with this setup. I manage also 2 usb cables. I connect my cdj with laptop. But serato doesn't work. Why? I have no rane hardware.

It doesn't work like that! You need eighter a Rane SL 2, 3, 4 or an 61, 62, 64, 68 or the Pioneer DJM 900 SRT to use SDJ and those CDJ 2000 Nexus.
Niloy Ahasan 4:58 PM - 7 March, 2014
Ok tnx friend.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 8:18 PM - 9 March, 2014
Thanks Jensen :)

Yes Niloy, you will always need a Serato supported soundcard to be able to connect to Serato DJ. We support CDJs as an accessory but don't use their soundcard for audio connection.

Cheers
Aaron
SAINT JAMES 6:08 AM - 16 March, 2014
It seems rather silly that you would require a third and useless device in addition to two CDJ2000s and a mixer. They are midi-compliant devices, you're already in bed with Pioneer and have full access to their midi protocols, why not eliminate the need to have this unnecessary third device? Why not be able to walk into the booth, plug in your laptop, and mix? You natively support all functions of all the Pioneer controllers, so why not the CDJs? ANY of the CDJ models, for that matter? As far as the 2000s are concerned, they're only the world standard for professional DJs....
so I can see why you would give priority to some bedroom DJ gear, but not them.
Maybe Serato has legitimate[?] reasons for not allowing the CDJs to control Serato without a third device, but I think a lot of other DJs are thinking the same thing I am : They worked hard, saved up their hard-earned dollars, and bought what the industry tells them is the best of hardware and software, and they cant even use them together.
Ridiculous.
[As Dennis Miller would say... "just my opinion, I could be wrong..."]
ametjenesnemaan 7:40 PM - 16 March, 2014
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a ddj sz and going from Scratch Live to DJ. I also have a SL2. At gigs, I use the 2000's. But a local club here has cdj 850's: nice to use with SL, but not for DJ... The same problem with my friend's 400's.
So Serato, please add support for all the cdj's. It's a small job for you, but you'll make a lot of customers very happy with it!

Cheers,
Jens
Serato, Support
Aaron E 7:51 PM - 16 March, 2014
Hi SAINT JAMES

You make a good point and this is something we are often asked for. The best thing for you to do to help make this a reality would be to get involved on this thread: serato.com

Our products team regularly survey the feature suggestion area and pay attention to threads that get a lot of reasonable people asking for something that is a good idea...

@ametjenesnemaan - Likewise we get a lot of people asking for exactly this. There are various threads in the feature suggestion area that you could get involved in to help bump this.

Cheers
Aaron
Veejay Dullah 12:29 PM - 8 April, 2014
i have cdj 2000 nexus limited silver 1, and dim 900 nexus limited silver, but dosnt work with serato dj why? or help me how do i connect?
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:54 PM - 8 April, 2014
You need at least a Rane SL-2
Veejay Dullah 4:42 PM - 8 April, 2014
oohh ok cul so even if u have those cdjs and mixer djm 900nexus still u need to get a rane hadware? lol i dont need them i can just use time code normal
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:10 PM - 8 April, 2014
Yes, if you had the DJM900srt you wouldnt need the Rane Hardware.

USB leads from the cdjs to your laptop.

Usb lead from Sl box to laptop then rca leads from rane box to djm 900nexus.

Serato does not support the sound cards in the cdjs or the 900nexus.
Veejay Dullah 11:09 AM - 9 April, 2014
ok thanx i understand thanx hey
Veejay Dullah 11:13 AM - 9 April, 2014
1 more question what if im using sl2 and i wana play video how do i fade videos?
Veejay Dullah 11:14 AM - 9 April, 2014
2000nexus and djm 900nexus + sl2 serato dj + serato video how do i crosfade video with this mixer 900nexus i have no idear please help!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:17 AM - 9 April, 2014
Plug usb lead from mixer and midi map the line faders and crossfader then as you move them it will fade the video in and out.
Veejay Dullah 11:26 AM - 9 April, 2014
i dont understand!! i must plug the usb from the mixer to the laptop then i must click on the laptop then i must do midi mapping where?
Veejay Dullah 11:28 AM - 9 April, 2014
please can u just help me to understand what must i do for this?
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:57 AM - 9 April, 2014
Read the manual.... Open a help support ticket?
Veejay Dullah 12:02 PM - 9 April, 2014
thanx
Serato, Support
Aaron E 11:53 PM - 9 April, 2014
Hey Veejay Dullah

Check this out: serato.com

If you still have difficulty getting it done, hit us up at support@serato.com, or open a help thread to get in touch and we'll get you sorted: serato.com

Cheers
Aaron
sergycr 7:49 PM - 13 May, 2014
There's a feature that the cdj's got for Setting the loop automatically based on the track’s tempo (Auto Beat Loop) here the steps:

During playback, press the [LOOP MODE] button.
The beat number selection screen appears on the main unit display.
The beat select screen is also displayed when loops are set and when the slip function is turned on.

I took that for the cdj's manual.

But when using Serato the beat select screen don't show up so I have to use mac's trackpad in order to click and select the beat number I want. Is there another way to activate the beat select screen or it currently don't support that?
poetickinetics 5:09 PM - 19 August, 2014
I understand that it is most likely a marketing agreement between Pioneer and Serato to help sell 900SRT mixers with bundled Serato DJ software. I'm sure we all agree that SDJ is great software and that Serato definitely should be paid for this...

Aside from the security/dongle feature built into a 'Certified' sound card, is there any other physical difference between that and a regular soundcard, any real soundcard features/specification that SDJ requires?
As mentioned, it appears that Traktor works with CDJs and a non-certified mixer. Also using the Aggregator for MAC it is possible to run the audio output from SDJ directly through CDJs connected via USB (using the CDJs internal soundcard) and then into a regular mixer (non SRT). Obviously no HID/Control though. So it would appear that SDJ can in fact use the soundcard of a CDJ, but chooses not to.

Is it possible to have a paid version of SDJ that can work without a separate device such as the SL 2,3,4 etc? I for one would be happy to pay for a version of SDJ that works in this way.
... failing this, people are probably going to start looking for creative solutions to this situation... (In theory, I wonder if the sondcard from a 900SRT mixer could be installed in a CDJ2000 Nexus?...)

At home I use 3x CDJ 2000 NXS' and the DJM 900SRT mixer, which work perfectly. However, I am supposed to be playing at a club in a couple of days time and they only have a DJM900 mixer (non SRT). So I'm trying to find a solution to this issue without having to spend $750 on an SL3, which isn't justified for this occasion.

Ps. Like many others I was initially confused by the title and first few paragraphs in this thread, I also assumed I could use CDJs alone. The link to for "require a Supported Serato Device" directs you to the page with 'all' devices listed, ie the CDJs are listed on that page, so it's understandable if people then assume that a CDJ is a "Serato Device". * Please update the title to specify that you still need a device with a "SERATO CERTIFIED SOUNDCARD built in, such as Rane SL2, SL3, SL4, 900-SRT Mixer".

~ Cheers.
deejdave 5:42 PM - 19 August, 2014
There is no way (even using the aggregator) to output sound directly through the CDJ's. In terms of an actual physical difference NO this is just the way Serato handles this area.
Quote:
Is it possible to have a paid version of SDJ that can work without a separate device such as the SL 2,3,4 etc? I for one would be happy to pay for a version of SDJ that works in this way.
... failing this, people are probably going to start looking for creative solutions to this situation... (In theory, I wonder if the sondcard from a 900SRT mixer could be installed in a CDJ2000 Nexus?...)

Non again not possible. People HAVE already done this. Not so much the sound card from the 900SRT to the CDJ as that is not practical. (Let's put a multi output soundcard into device we only one one output from?) People have put the sound cards from the SL boxes into DJM mixers (prior to the SRT) & such though as it makes a little more sense.
Quote:
At home I use 3x CDJ 2000 NXS' and the DJM 900SRT mixer, which work perfectly. However, I am supposed to be playing at a club in a couple of days time and they only have a DJM900 mixer (non SRT). So I'm trying to find a solution to this issue without having to spend $750 on an SL3, which isn't justified for this occasion.

Some places simply DO NOT cater to the Serato audience is all. Maybe rent an SL box (which would be CHEAP as hell) or bring your SRT.

Quote:
Ps. Like many others I was initially confused by the title and first few paragraphs in this thread, I also assumed I could use CDJs alone. The link to for "require a Supported Serato Device" directs you to the page with 'all' devices listed, ie the CDJs are listed on that page, so it's understandable if people then assume that a CDJ is a "Serato Device". * Please update the title to specify that you still need a device with a "SERATO CERTIFIED SOUNDCARD built in, such as Rane SL2, SL3, SL4, 900-SRT Mixer".

May we direct your attention to WHERE THE CDJ'S ARE LOCATED though? You may notice they are located under the "Accessories" tab and you also may have noticed that EACH & EVERY other accessory there requires the use of a Supported Serato device.

To do what you ask they would have to list each & every device which seems a bit silly. IMO they handled this as best they could. Not to mention the VERY next sentence puts this in layman's terms:

"To put it simply, this means you can leave your Control CDs at home and connect directly to your computer to control the software in Internal mode alongside your Serato DJ DVS device or controller."

Seems pretty tough to boof that one up no?
poetickinetics 6:14 PM - 19 August, 2014
Cheers for your reply, I'm new to cdj's and even time coded cd's. I was using an NS7 previously, so some of this is new to me and like others I just got excited read the start (without reading the 250+ posts) and then proceed to attempt to set up - cdj directly. Yes, I probably would have saved some time if I had read all of the comments first.

Installing an SL sound card in a mixer is a logical method. But I was looking at what I have in front of me that I could use to determine the requirements of a certified SoundCard. ie I could pull apartment my 900srt and look at swapping the SC into a cdj to "test". If this worked then I assumed that it would probably be easier to source a 'replacement' sound card for a 900srt than it would be to source a range sound card? But I am only guessing.

In regards to your comment:
Quote:
There is no way (even using the aggregator) to output sound directly through the CDJ's.
-
I have set this up while I was messing about with it tonight.
On a Mac, with Pioneer's aggregator app installed, open midi preferences, and then right click/option click on the CDJ and set it to play sound as the default sound card.
The CdJ is connected to the laptop via a USB cable, the RCA output from the CDJ goes into the mixer, the mixer channel is set to CD/line in (rather than USB). It is a 900srt mixer, but since I don't have it connected to the laptop via USB, I assume that this could be any normal mixer. It was just part of my trouble shooting process, still useless at this stage without a certified sound card though.
poetickinetics 6:17 PM - 19 August, 2014
Excuse my typos, posting @ 2am on an iphone screen doesn't help.
Quote:

ie I could pull 'apart' my 900srt and look at swapping the SC into a cdj to "test".
muncu1 9:47 AM - 26 December, 2014
HEllo,

If you using traktor you dont need any hub or hardware . You just plug and play from 2 cdj s which great option with lots of djs on the stage . al mac laptops has 2 usb outs .finding a good hub and connecting is real problem . why serato not making this things mroe easier ?
muncu1 9:47 AM - 26 December, 2014
HEllo,

If you are using traktor you dont need any hub or hardware . You just plug and play from 2 cdj s which great option with lots of djs on the stage . al mac laptops has 2 usb outs .finding a good hub and connecting is real problem . why serato not making this things mroe easier ?
Entro 6:57 PM - 26 December, 2014
Mixvibes Cross DJ can control CDJs with a laptop and two USB cables. Just saying...
muncu1 8:35 PM - 26 December, 2014
+1
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:10 AM - 30 December, 2014
Good point guys.

This is something we definitely want to look at at some stage, but no promises or timetables just yet sorry.

Cheers,
Aaron
JJooaaOO 12:41 AM - 19 May, 2015
Hello people, my question is, on Serato Scratch Live can I use pioneer cdj in HID MODE with Serato Rane SL1 ?
Serato, Support
Aaron E 1:45 AM - 19 May, 2015
Hey JJooaaOO

Yes. If you have one of the CDJs on this page: serato.com, then you can run them in HID mode with your SL1 in Scratch Live.

Cheers
JJooaaOO 3:04 AM - 2 June, 2015
Ok, thanks :)
Mix Master Mcgregor 11:38 PM - 8 June, 2015
great turntable to use
DJ Mike Jr 4:26 PM - 6 July, 2015
yall need to support the djm 2000 , too much money spent on equipment , some people don't have deep pockets to keep replacing hardware everytime you come out with new toys OR AN UPGRADE . Support need to look at this , sl1 rane sold millions and no support , that's crazy , im not up grading if it works . I'll find another dj software like REKORD BOX , ITS FREE TOO. Support, you need to look at this , back your products PERIOD .
DJ Mike Jr 4:33 PM - 6 July, 2015
I know pioneer djm 2000 is not yours , it would show good faith in your customers that you want our business , I LOVE SERATO SCRATCH LIVE , but im not upgrading my equipment if it works . Rocking 4 cdj 2000 djm 2000 remix 1000 efx 1000 . a desktop with 3 tera bit hd .djing since 5 th grade now 47 . i stick with what works , Serato works .
Now if i can just get the update or support on the djm2000 .
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:03 PM - 6 July, 2015
DJM2000 does not have enough channels on the soundcard to support DVS. So it will never be supported. Not serato's fault all on Pioneer this one.
dylan1993 11:41 AM - 12 October, 2015
Hello,

I have a problem with the connection between pioneer cdj2000 and serato dj club kit. After 3/5 hours the cdj2000 lose his connection between setaro dj club kit. Who can help me?

Greets Dylan
LJ_WOOLSEY 11:44 AM - 12 October, 2015
Quote:
Hello,

I have a problem with the connection between pioneer cdj2000 and serato dj club kit. After 3/5 hours the cdj2000 lose his connection between setaro dj club kit. Who can help me?

Greets Dylan

Not alot you can do apart from unplug your usb hub from the mac then plug it back in again.
dylan1993 11:50 AM - 12 October, 2015
Yes, but that's not the solution.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:12 PM - 12 October, 2015
Quote:
Yes, but that's not the solution.

It's all your going to get. Just try isolate the usb leads and the hub from vibration make sure the power supply to the hub is surge protected.
dylan1993 12:52 PM - 12 October, 2015
It must work for 100% i think. I buy a special program for the cdj2000 to get this work. And if i remove the usb and put the usb back then i lose my sound or not?

Greets
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:03 PM - 12 October, 2015
Quote:
It must work for 100% i think. I buy a special program for the cdj2000 to get this work. And if i remove the usb and put the usb back then i lose my sound or not?

Greets

Iv never lost sound when i do it as sdj is in Internal mode so it just carries on playing. But you could always test it out when you first setup. Play some tracks while playing unplug the hub then plug back in.

Iv found these connection freeze seem tobe when alot of vibration or movement of cables.
deejdave 10:19 PM - 12 October, 2015
Quote:

The CDJ-2000's are nothing but accessories. You are neglecting to say what you even use with Serato DJ. Furthermore if you are using these players in HID mode are you aware that you do not even need the full club kit? You only NEED the Serato DJ upgrade expansion.
dylan1993 10:23 PM - 12 October, 2015
Yes that is what i have serato dj and upgrade expansion pack. But why he lose his connection about a few hours...?
deejdave 10:26 PM - 12 October, 2015
I suppose we are gonna keep the actual Serato DJ interface a secret then? Also are you using a mac or PC?
dylan1993 10:28 PM - 12 October, 2015
Yes, use a pc.
ShastaMusic 9:39 AM - 3 December, 2015
I can't connect my my CDJ-2000s to my Mac in HID mode while using my Rane SL2 with Scratch Live. The mixer I'm using is the DJM-900SRT. However, I have no problem connecting my CDJ-2000's in HID mode while using Serato DJ. All software has been updated USB ports and cables working great. I just can't get my CDJ's to give me the option to select a deck (1,2,3,4) while trying to use HID with Scratch live. What am I doing wrong?
deejdave 10:43 PM - 3 December, 2015
You have tried just moving the knob after pushing link button? You literally have to twist a few times for the options to come up on CDs screens.
ShastaMusic 11:00 PM - 3 December, 2015
Yes, I have.

Instead of giving me the option to select a deck it just says PC and nothing else. I don't have a problem setting it up using Serato DJ only when I attempt to use Scratch live.
Dnykato 1:26 AM - 1 January, 2016
Hello,

I may have missed something, or rather probably just don't know anything, regardless I'd like some possible help.

Prior to Windows 10, I was using ScratchLive with my CDJ-400s and my SL3.

I don't have much money, so I do not plan on "upgrading" anytime soon.

Apparently, ScratchLive isn't supported on Windows 10? So I installed Serato DJ which is. But not I can't get anything to run, because Serato DJ isn't recognizing my CDJ-400s.

Am I SOL? Or....

Please help, Thanks.
deejdave 10:42 PM - 1 January, 2016
You are sol in terms of using the cdj-400's with serato dj as they are not supported.

I also wouldn't expect much on the ssl/win 10 support as Windows 10 was released after Sal support was dropped.
Matthew Buggs 10:48 PM - 10 March, 2016
I have purchased Pioneer CDJ 800's and i have the Akai Amx Mixer. Today i had trouble getting the deck to move on Relative mode. I put in a random t.i. cd, and got no movement. If these cdjs are supported, could you please give me, from top to bottom a set list of how i should set everything up, from cable placment, to control cds if needed, as well as a set of troubleshooting procedures.
-Matthew
msoultan 10:54 PM - 10 March, 2016
Quote:
I have purchased Pioneer CDJ 800's and i have the Akai Amx Mixer. Today i had trouble getting the deck to move on Relative mode. I put in a random t.i. cd, and got no movement. If these cdjs are supported, could you please give me, from top to bottom a set list of how i should set everything up, from cable placment, to control cds if needed, as well as a set of troubleshooting procedures.
-Matthew

Matthew,
Probably a good place to start would be to start a new thread in the support forum that is specific to your problem - you posted in a message thread having to deal with 850s and 900s specific to HID mode, and that's not supported with the 800s.

That being said, you can't put a random T.I. CD - you need to use the Serato control CDs and then things should work. But really, start a new message thread and/or read the support documents as that should answer all your questions.

Thanks,
Mike
Serato, Support
Aaron E 12:00 AM - 11 March, 2016
Hey Matthew

Here's a good article to get you started:

support.serato.com

And here's the download for the official control tone that you can burn to CDs - it's important to follow the instructions carefully:

serato.com

If you run into any issues along the way, definitely open up a help request at support.serato.com and one of the team will help you out.

Cheers, Aaron
Matthew Buggs 12:38 PM - 14 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
-Matthew

Matthew,
Probably a good place to start would be to start a new thread in the support forum that is specific to your problem - you posted in a message thread having to deal with 850s and 900s specific to HID mode, and that's not supported with the 800s.

That being said, you can't put a random T.I. CD - you need to use the Serato control CDs and then things should work. But really, start a new message thread and/or read the support documents as that should answer all your questions.

Thanks,
Mike

Where do i start a thread? Not sure how to do that with a new topic
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:23 PM - 14 March, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Matthew

Matthew,

Thanks,
Mike

Where do i start a thread? Not sure how to do that with a new topic

All your answers were posted above your reply

Quote:
Hey Matthew

Here's a good article to get you started:

support.serato.com

And here's the download for the official control tone that you can burn to CDs - it's important to follow the instructions carefully:

serato.com

If you run into any issues along the way, definitely open up a help request at support.serato.com and one of the team will help you out.

Cheers, Aaron
IAMKINGKWAME 9:38 PM - 9 November, 2016
my serato midi is just not connecting, i have CDJ2000 Nexus, CDJ 900NXS and DJMS 9 and am having trouble fully connecting the Right deck (CDJ 2000nxs Deck 2) to MIDI mode. Deck #1 CDJ 900NXS connects normally and allows me to select which deck number I want during the connection process. Deck #2 however does not connects and. It never gives me the option to select the deck number and will not control. The CDJ display stays at the connecting node and shows a picture of a laptop and CDJ connection but that's it. Specs below:

Macbook Pro with OSX 10.12
CDJ2000 Nexus Firmware 1.30
CDJs and the DJM S9 connected via a USB hub to mac's USB
deejdave 1:44 AM - 10 November, 2016
Have you tried just twisting the browse knob when you would expect to see a deck number to link? At times you must give it some movement for the cdj to be recognized at all.
IAMKINGKWAME 8:07 AM - 10 November, 2016
I have tried that, I have even reinstall Serato, change my USB cables n Hub still the CDJ2000NXS won't connect. It's been a week nown since this Problem started
Mike Sanchez 75 7:55 PM - 22 February, 2017
How to connect sl3 using cdj 2000 nexus and djm 2000 nexus ? Can it be setup using scratch live or Serato Dj ?

I need help on this matter. Thanks team in advance !

Mike
Mike Sanchez 75 1:42 AM - 23 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
How to connect sl3 using cdj 2000 nexus and djm 2000 nexus ? Can it be setup using scratch live or Serato Dj ?

Hey Mike,
You have a couple options here, you can either;
A) Use the CDJ2000NXS with control CDs or the Serato control tone on a USB and send the outputs of the CDJs to the line in on the SL3, and then from the output of the SL3 to the line inputs of the DJM 2000NXS.

B) Connect CDJs directly to the computer via USB and take advantage of HID mode (no RCA cable required between CDJ and SL3) then from the output of the SL3 to the line inputs of the DJM 2000NXS.

Hey Kane,

Tq for the advise !

Will come back if the problem persists.

Regards,
Mike
DJ Rocky(SL) 3:00 AM - 24 December, 2017
Hello guyzzz ' I'm new here with a cdj 100s and a Djm 300s ' well the case is can any one tell me how to do awesome tricks from this apart from the basic buttons and the basic behaviour this posse's
dj-tiger 12:06 PM - 22 April, 2018
Dose anyone know if the pioneer ddj rz can work with Serato dj pro as yet
deejdave 1:36 PM - 22 April, 2018
It can not.