Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

TWITCH DOESN'T TURN ON - NOT RECOGNIZED

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Novation TWITCH + Numark NSFX
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
Treskematik 10:26 PM - 18 September, 2013
YESTERDAY WAS WORKING FINE, WITH TRAKTOR 1.2.7

CLOSE PROGRAM. UN PLUGGED USB. TURN OF COMPUTER.

TODAY I PLUGGED IN TWITCH TURN ON COMPUTER AND NOTHING HAPPENED, NOT EVEN THE KNIGHT RIDER LIGHTS ON THE TOUCHSTRIP.

I'VE DL ALL THE NOVATION USB DRIVERS UP TO 2.5 AND RUN UPGRADES AND NOTHING HAPPENED.

DL ALL ITCH 2.2.2 AND THEN SERATO DJ 1.3.....NOTHING....NOT RECOGNIZED.....

SUCKS BIG TIME....USED THREE TIMES, AND NOW OBVIOUSLY IS OUT OF WARRANTY...BOUGHT IT FROM ORBIT IN BRUSSELS TWO YEARS AGO....I LIVE IN ARGENTINA. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Treskematik 5:03 PM - 23 September, 2013
OK TRIED IT WITH SOME OTHER Mac's and TWITCH IS NOT RESPONDING.

The only thing it happened TWITCH turn on red lights on touchstrip with ABLETON LIVE 9, BUT MIDI DIDN't SEE IT OR SEND/RECEIVE SIGNAL DIDN't SEE ANY ACTION FROM TWITCH. LATER LIGHTS DIDN't WORK ANY MORE.

STILL NOT WORKING.
Serato, Support
Lucas S 9:55 PM - 23 September, 2013
Hi Treskematik,

It sounds like a component fault with the controller potentially. Can I get you to install Serato DJ and let me know if the controller responds: serato.com

Cheers
Treskematik 7:58 PM - 24 September, 2013
Well Lucas, is not responding even with Serato DJ 1.3.....
Serato, Support
Lucas S 9:50 PM - 24 September, 2013
Hi Treskematik,

By not responding do you mean there is no connection whatsoever with Serato DJ? Do any lights come on the controller?

When you open Serato DJ can you load and play tracks (without using the controller)?

Try this : Open up Serato DJ. Wait for software and crates to load. Connect controller. You may need to wait a minute or two for it to connect.

Let me know if this gets any response and we'll go from there.

Cheers
Treskematik 1:59 AM - 25 September, 2013
Hi Lucas,

I can load & play tracks without the controller.

No response at all.
Serato, Support
Lucas S 2:35 AM - 25 September, 2013
Hi Treskematik,

Can I get you to check the USB port on your Novation controller. Does it look damaged in any way?

Try this: Get a different USB lead and test it out on your controller and all available USB ports on your Mac. If we get no response from the controller from any USB port, I suspect the unit could have a damaged component.

Let me know!

Cheers
Treskematik 10:59 PM - 26 September, 2013
Hi Lucas, sorry about the delay....

It doesn't look damage at all. It has been used very carefully and just 5 times probably.

I tried it with different USB leads on different Macs and Nothing, No response at all.

I was thinking about it, and what if the whole thing happened with the OSX 10.8.5????

I just update my Mac just a few days ago I believe.

Cheers.
Serato, Support
Lucas S 12:27 AM - 27 September, 2013
Hi Tresmatik,

Understood, I think we can try something here. Can I get you to read through this then do the test: serato.com

Let me know how you go!

Cheers
Treskematik 4:13 AM - 27 September, 2013
Hi Lucas

Ok I will do that tomorrow, its 1:10 am in ARG, but I checked when was my OSX Updated and this has to be related with the Twitch malfunctioning, coz I was using it Ok before the Update with 10.8.4 and 6 days ago on the 21st did the 10.8.5 update and after that Twitch didn't work at all.....

Will keep you posted Lucas!

Cheers.
Treskematik 6:29 PM - 7 October, 2013
Hi Lucas, just came back from a long trip, sorry about that.

I finally got a PC and will now try to do the MIDI Monitor for Windows...

Will let you know how it goes soon.

Cheers
Treskematik 6:51 PM - 7 October, 2013
SO HAPPY TWITCH IS ALIVE ;)

DON'T ASK ME HOW BUT RE ALIVE AFTER USING IT ON THE PC....

I DID AS I WAS TOLDA ON THE Troubleshooting guide.

EVENTHOUGH IT DIDNT APPEAR ON THE PORT MAPPING...LIGHTS ON THE TOUCSTRIP WENT ON AND WERE FLASHING...

I DISCOVERED THERE WAS ALSO ANOTHER MIDI MONITOR PROGRAM FOR MAC...SO I SWITCHED COMPUTERS AND WENT TO MY MAC...

PLUGGED IN TWITCH...TOUCHSTRIP WENT ON....AND THEN SOME LIGHTS ALSO TURNED ON....

THEN DECIDED TO OPEN TRAKTOR...AND VOILA....EVERYTHING'S WORKING FINE NOW....

I DON'T UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED...WILL TEST IT FOR HOURS WITH SOME HEAVY USE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS...

I AM PRETTY SURE THIS HAS TO BE RELATED WITH MY OSX UPGRADE FROM 10.8.3 to 10.8.5

THANKS LUCAS FOR YOUR ASSITANCE, WILL KEEP U POSTED!

SALUD AND CHEERS!
Serato, Support
Lucas S 11:46 PM - 7 October, 2013
Hi Treskematik,

Im very happy this is working for you!!! I will close the thread but you can always reopen if you need!

Cheers
Treskematik 6:42 PM - 24 October, 2013
Ok IT WAS WORKING FINE TILL YESTERDAY> MAVERICK.....

The upgrade went OK. Installation and so on....BUT.....

Now TWITCH is flashing red lights on touchstrip but thats it...nothing elses.

Not recognized by Traktor, Itch, Sound card on Mac...etc etc etc....

Damm wish I didn't run the Maverick Upgrade.....pls HELP....theres for sure some bug.

Cheers.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 2:37 AM - 29 October, 2013
Hey Treskematik,

I have answered you over here: serato.com

I will close this thread for now,

Sam