DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

RedBull Thre3Style Lucky Bastid

DJ Shameless 3:25 PM - 18 September, 2013
Redbull is currently looking for the best party rockers to represent at the Red Bull Thre3Style final in Toronto in November. 24 countries will host regional finals... one Lucky Bastid will rep for the rest of The World!!!! the top 15 online entrants have been through international judges in round 1. the next round is based on voting.
Please click on the link below and vote.
Peace

win.gs
Code:E 4:06 PM - 20 September, 2013
Fuck the thre3stlye. Maybe drop the rules where turntables are always better than CDJs when CDJ's are supplied hardware. and get over the TTM57 being the mixer that has to be used.
auttomattik 4:55 PM - 20 September, 2013
Quote:
Fuck the thre3stlye. Maybe drop the rules where turntables are always better than CDJs when CDJ's are supplied hardware. and get over the TTM57 being the mixer that has to be used.

Haha! Herb.
DJ Remy USA 6:53 PM - 20 September, 2013
Quote:

code E turntables just rule bro its not very exciting watching CDJs at a DJ performance competition it just is what it is.
jprime 7:16 PM - 20 September, 2013
Loads of scratches you can't do on CDs as well I imagine.
O.B.1 7:48 PM - 20 September, 2013
better call the whaaaambulance...
jprime 7:49 PM - 20 September, 2013
I like the event personally. Has anyone using CDs won it?
pdidy 8:38 PM - 20 September, 2013
Quote:

Sounds like your barking up the wrong tree. I'd bet this event is not for you regardless of the rules.
deejaymoody 9:28 PM - 20 September, 2013
The Red Bull rigs I've played on recently have all had the Rane 62. I'm assuming they would use that for the battle as well I dunno.
auttomattik 11:36 PM - 20 September, 2013
Quote:
The Red Bull rigs I've played on recently have all had the Rane 62. I'm assuming they would use that for the battle as well I dunno.

Yeah, I heard it's all with the 62 now. The dumb point about the CDJ's overshadowed the dumb point about the 57.
Code:E 3:19 AM - 21 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

code E turntables just rule bro its not very exciting watching CDJs at a DJ performance competition it just is what it is.

sure. I will concede that point. There was me and the guy who won (who is my good friend and I knew would win), we were both in a league all of our own. The rest of the guys would be getting a boost to call them amateurs. And it was not my opinion saying this as well. local DMC champs and cats who had been in the game for many years longer than my decade all said the same thing that I was robbed.

I wasn't going to enter. I didnt give to shits because things like the DMCs are not for me either. But the Redbull music rep and the judges all said no this is not like a DMC battle. Read the rules, Its not a scratching competition.

Anyway, Its stupid they would supply and outright say in the rules use CDJ's then give you a penalty for doing so.
Code:E 3:22 AM - 21 September, 2013
Oh and FYI the Redbull Thre3style was invented in my city. It was originally a contest used to determine who would get an the main slot opening before show headlined by Bassnectar.
Gensch 7:43 AM - 24 October, 2013
Hi All,

You can use any mixer you want at the competition. The Rane 62 has simply been realy popular. If you would want to bring a rotary mixer you could.

cheers