Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Numark NS7 II for Serato DJ, available October

4:33 AM, 13 Sep 2013
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Davideon 8:35 AM - 14 September, 2013
As apparently the ddj sx can't support dvs with its soundcard, Numark could have a noticeable benefit if this can. May be the only good thing in them taking so long to catch up pioneer
J.J. 9:24 AM - 14 September, 2013
Is this an old unit pictured? I prefer it not to have the mixer section glossy for easy fingerprints.

Mark said this was final production. djworx.com

Does it come with the laptop stand?

Will it have Pad Plus? Pad Plus button enables a secondary function — hot cues become rolls, loop rolls become gates, slicer become momentary effects, and sampler also rolls.

Quote:

DJs can hit the PAD PLUS button to unleash a second level of tactile performance features. PAD PLUS has three modes:
• Hot Cue/Sampler Roll: adds a beat-synced Roll effect to Hot Cues and samples, and lets DJs adjust the length of the roll using the loop controls.
• Combo FX: triggers FX when the pad is pressed, which stop when it is released, so DJs can tap the pad to instantly add FX to individual noises.
• Trans Pad: gates FX at pre-set intervals, which are accessed via the pads, enabling DJs to create a rhythmic gated sound manually.
ciscocage 11:04 AM - 14 September, 2013
Excited to see in more detail what this piece can do. Serato, please give us a youtube demo! :)
OfficialBassick 2:13 PM - 14 September, 2013
whats the weight on this unit?

also, do the pitch faders have the click in on the 0% mark or are they fluid through out?
nikodb 3:48 PM - 14 September, 2013
Do not like Numark in generally...but do have to admit that this is probably the best ergonomically designed controller out there...features seem to be missing not also :)
Upscale Salsa Productions 5:19 PM - 14 September, 2013
I love Numark and have enjoyed the NS7. Four questions I have are first what is the weight of this unit? Second, are some lightweight cases going to be available for the NS7 II? (The NS7 is a beast to carry, it's impossible by oneself with case). Third question is what is the price point of the NS7 II? Lastly, any promo discounts/trade in offers for NS7 users to upgrade to the NS7 II?
Jiggy Flipp L.O.T 6:12 PM - 14 September, 2013
Technical Specifications
Audio Inputs:
(2) Mic (Combo XLR+1/4" balanced)
(4) Sets of stereo line/phono (RCA)
Audio Outputs:
Stereo Master (XLRs)
Stereo Master (RCAs)
Stereo Booth (RCA)
(2) Headphone (Stereo 1/4" and Stereo 1/8")
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
Bit Depth: 24-bit
Weight: 33.7 lbs. (15.3 kg)
Dimensions (W x D x H in inches): 30" x 15.9" x 4.2" (762 mm x 403 mm x 106.7 mm
Julianongsc 6:41 PM - 14 September, 2013
If you connect a turntable with "Timecode" vinyl I need sound card?
Juliano Moreira
Serato, Support
Martin C 11:59 PM - 14 September, 2013
Quote:
Is this an old unit pictured? I prefer it not to have the mixer section glossy for easy fingerprints.

No I believe this is not an old unit. The pics on djworx show the mixer section is glossy too.

Quote:

Yes, I believe it does.

Quote:
Will it have Pad Plus?

No. Pad Plus is something Pioneer achieved with their firmware, it is not a new software feature.

Quote:
whats the weight on this unit?

Weight: 33.7 lbs. (15.3 kg)

Thanks Jiggy Flipp L.O.T!

Quote:
Second, are some lightweight cases going to be available for the NS7 II?

It fits the same cases that the NS7 does - its the same size. If there is a lightweight option somewhere out there for the NS7, then you are in luck :)

Quote:
Lastly, any promo discounts/trade in offers for NS7 users to upgrade to the NS7 II?

Thats not something Serato can help you with, we make the software. Maybe worth negotiating with your local retailer to see what they can do for you? :)
poetickinetics 11:54 AM - 16 September, 2013
I really hope the response time on the play button has less lag compared with the NS7, something closer to Pioneer would be nice.

Re fitting the II in the same case designed for the NS7, isn't the NS7II slightly taller? I know that my NS& is very snug in it's Numark road case. Not sure if there would be enough depth inside the case?

Either way, I'm looking forward to the release :)
Veejay Dullah 9:39 PM - 16 September, 2013
Nice
ERIC LOFTON 8:51 AM - 18 September, 2013
This is supposed to operated without a PC, could just hook up monitor and external hard to store music and run serato straight from the controller this would be nice no need to computer just dj from it.
DJ Trice 8:54 PM - 19 September, 2013
Hi, will we able to open/close crates & subcrates from the ns7 ii ?
karazy 8:52 AM - 20 September, 2013
What are the dimensions
karazy 8:53 AM - 20 September, 2013
Sorry. Found in the tech spec above
Dimensions (W x D x H in inches): 30" x 15.9" x 4.2" (762 mm x 403 mm x 106.7 mm
Baron of Pills 4:43 AM - 29 September, 2013
So if I have a lot of extra space where i want to use it at home and don't care how much it weighs, the price is not a problem and nothing on previous controllers has burned me because I have never had one, would ns7II be a good first choice for my first controller? I'm interested in getting a controller/software pack that's the most intuitive as a hardware/software combo, i see its got crazy functionality and features for seasoned vets of the scene but can it be a good choice for a guy like me just starting out? I have been wanting to get a controller for years and now is the time! I want to play around with all this edm i collected over the years for sure... maybe this is the controller?
Beepage 9:14 PM - 1 October, 2013
Does 1.5 works with the original ns7
tupe kool 10:51 PM - 1 October, 2013
Price in euros please? :)
DJ Veronica 2:50 AM - 2 October, 2013
Can I use sera to itch with this?
tupe kool 3:55 AM - 2 October, 2013
U can use it with Serato Dj which is better than Itch in my opinion :)
Gassi 7:38 AM - 2 October, 2013
Do I need a serato box extra SL4 etc! Or is it build in like the TTM 57 Sl. What's the price of the controller? anybody knows? thx
DJWORX 9:50 AM - 2 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, I believe it does.

There wasn't one in my box, and there's no mention on the Numark NS7 II page either.
smarky-smark 2:54 PM - 2 October, 2013
The stand the original ns7 came with blew and I never used it, go buy a crane

I would like to know if I need to use an sl box to connect two more CDJS or turntables and control decks 3 and 4 in the program ..
Or
alternatively could I connect two v7s via USB and control decks 3 and 4
Upscale Salsa Productions 4:14 AM - 3 October, 2013
I bought one! Can't wait!
Simonbadd 7:29 AM - 3 October, 2013
The serato dj software is all good but we have been discriminated, we that have numark v7, which I believe is the best numark software controller out there but serato refuse to release serato dj version for numark v7 why we don't know, even low cost and childish system like numark mix deck already got the software.
Please tell us why or is it difficult to map it for numark v7 ?
Your sad customer :-((
DJ Trice 10:58 AM - 3 October, 2013
I think that Numark have to deal this wit Serato (it's not free), so you should ask Numark. I think that Numark will prefer to release a V7 mkii
smarky-smark 12:38 PM - 3 October, 2013
Serato and numark both say that by December v7 will be able to be used with dj..

It IS a pretty cool system.. Simon After I trashed my ns7 because it had just a two channel mixer I bought two if those and used with a djm.. Still way lighter than my coffin and 1200s and still has spinning tops

Patience is a virtue it takes time to do these things .. And supporting the stuff they can charge for makes financial sense

It will be wicked cool if u can plug in v7s to new ns7 2 and operate 4 decks (hoping)

That will be worth the extra wait (and weight) over the ddj
Simonbadd 2:48 PM - 3 October, 2013
Thanks guys. December is only two months time. Keep the music playing and let their backbone slide cheers.
J.J. 6:03 PM - 4 October, 2013
So the only way for a DJ Dealer to order one is by forcing them to buy $70,000 in other Numark Products. Are you serious Numark?

Not a good move. Do you assume most salesman at Guitar Center actually know what they are talking about. I usually have to educate them on products I've never even owned like:

J.J. "(overheard Salesman talking to a customer)...actually, the Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus is supported in Serato DJ 1.5"
Salesman - "Yea, but what about in Scratch Live?" (Rolls eyes like only real DJ's use Scratch Live)
J.J. - "Serato will no longer be adding features to Scratch Live."
Salesman - "Are you serious?"
J.J. - (Palm to my head) "Where have you been" I go on to explain the conversion into one software.
Salesman - "Are you a RANE Rep?"

Pathetic!
smarky-smark 6:14 PM - 4 October, 2013
JJ ur funny..
This happened last week to me...

I had to buy some new xlr cables .. And as usual when I go to the "toy store" as my wife calls it.. I was poking around and some kid who didn't have a clue was trying to talk intelligently about Dj gear and was sending one of their potential customers down the wrong path.. Instead I helped him purchase the right things .. I looked at the salesman and said "I get half ur commission right?"
Lmao
DJWORX 6:18 PM - 4 October, 2013
I find I'm like that at trade shows too. I can't help myself.
Duckski 2:19 PM - 8 October, 2013
I have the original ns7.Will Serato Dj work with this model?
smarky-smark 7:44 PM - 8 October, 2013
Quote:
I have the original ns7.Will Serato Dj work with this model?

Yes but U should get something else too like a tweaker or the new pioneer add on controller

serato.com
Duckski 8:37 PM - 8 October, 2013
Ok!Right on.Thank You Man!
Radar Rubenstein 3:16 AM - 9 October, 2013
Has it been released yet? I preorder, where's UPS?
Brandon Ezekiel 6:08 PM - 10 October, 2013
I have download the serato. DJ for the NS7FX but it is not working what can i do to fix it plz get back to me thanks
b-unit 3:24 AM - 13 October, 2013
I picked up my NS7 II today here is my pic
www.dropbox.com
tupe kool 6:15 AM - 13 October, 2013
So how is the portability and playability ? Nice pic :)
sackreligious 7:55 PM - 13 October, 2013
I got mine last night as well was that a for sure thing about the ns7 case fitting the ns7ll because the new case is almost 3 bills I know the ns7 case is half that
tupe kool 10:21 PM - 13 October, 2013
price?
Brandon Ezekiel 11:58 PM - 13 October, 2013
hey b-unit how much did they cost you to get them because i have the first one and i am think about get the two
DJ Trice 10:02 AM - 14 October, 2013
Hello, did someone has test NS7 ii yet ?
Gilbert Elliott 4:08 PM - 14 October, 2013
Yes.... Got mine Saturday. The response time is perfect!!!!
Gilbert Elliott 4:23 PM - 14 October, 2013
Also I was able to get the case for free from guitar center. Fit right in the case for the original NS7. I traded in my old unit (only got 450.00) towards the new one. I gave them my old oddessy coffin and unit. For some reason to me it feels lighter. Total price was 1469.00\w a brand new case. Its like Christmas!!!!
djjoy 5:01 PM - 14 October, 2013
I have been on ns7 2 years now and have been waiting for this to come since I've been looking at the cdj 2000 it sucks to see they only give you 1/3 of the value for the used model my GC Still doesn't have one yet but when they do I'm going to trade I can't wait to mix in 4 tracks instead of pre recording two songs to achieve this on a two deck system THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU numark I take back the bad comments about slacking on itch updates I see you been brewing a different kind of beast
Gilbert Elliott 5:15 PM - 14 October, 2013
Just to be clear..... 1019.00 was the total after the trade.
DJ Trice 6:13 PM - 14 October, 2013
Nice ! Can you simulate a break with your hand on the vinyl ? I mean slowdown the speed from 33 rpm to 0 ?

With ns6 we can't because when you touch the platter the sound stop
djjoy 6:13 PM - 14 October, 2013
Haha I just called my guitar center n they don't even take trades on controllers any body wanna buy a ns7 lmao oh we'll looks like I'm dropping another 1400$ blahhhhhhh
djjoy 6:25 PM - 14 October, 2013
Quote:
Nice ! Can you simulate a break with your hand on the vinyl ? I mean slowdown the speed from 33 rpm to 0 ?

With ns6 we can't because when you touch the platter the sound stop

Yes you can not the actually vinyl but if you want you can slow down the actual platter I don't think it's suggested though but it's real convient when your beat matching since I don't use the sync button
DJYS 2:32 PM - 15 October, 2013
When does it release??
Gilbert Elliott 6:43 AM - 16 October, 2013
Some bad news.... Nothing to do with the controller but 1.5 is not stable. I've had a couple crashes. I have opened a ticket with Serato. Unfortunately, there is no former stable version to go back to. Everybody is having crash issues with Serato DJ 1.5.... This sucks.
djjoy 11:00 AM - 16 October, 2013
Thanks for the heads up Gilbert lets keep our fingers crossed they get on this and fix it maybe I'll hold off on buying it knowing that info
syantific 8:53 PM - 16 October, 2013
Numark's page says in stores Oct. 15th. I went down to a store yesterday Oct. 15th , where I have it on pre-order, no NS7 ii....so can anyone please answer DJYS's and my question?
biofunk 11:02 PM - 16 October, 2013
After two days of hitting up all the web stores online and being told to buy 'something else' I simply ordered up an NS7 II from Manhattan's Guitar Center today. Dave was awesome he had it shipped to a local GC here in Washington state and I will be rocking it in a week. If you really want one of these kind units give Dave a call.
Jenesis83 7:05 AM - 17 October, 2013
I was able to get a hold of one these four days before official release because of a connection at Guitar Center and was already able to gig with it this past weekend. The thing is definitely a tool and in my opinion is the superior controller over the DDJ-SX but I still feel this will not be enough to convince those who have problems with its size and weight or just generally with the brand releasing it. Until you've used it you will have no idea just how superior it is. The feature set offers more and the all metal construction build quality is superior to any other all-in-one controller out there from any brand. I am transitioning to this from the Numark V7's and the latency and sensitivity of the turntables on the NS7 II is somehow better. I love pretty much everything about the NS7 II. The only cons I see are the weight(basically 90 pounds with the flight case) and Serato DJ which lacks some of the controller integration I came to love in Itch. But that's just me.
DJ Trice 10:58 AM - 17 October, 2013
Since NS6 quality of Numark controller is really better. I have never buy a numark product since NS6. I've already mix somes party (between 2000 and 2008 with different numark player) and they was really dope ! This period is closed now (for me) since NS6.
They have very good quality products !
Gilbert Elliott 12:21 PM - 17 October, 2013
I practiced about 4 hours yesterday and was told by Numark to use SDJ 1.3. No issues at all. 1.5 is real BUGGY!!!! I can confirm that 1.3 is the way to go. I Love that controller!!!!
Brandon Ezekiel 8:31 PM - 20 October, 2013
ok cool thanks
Gilbert Elliott 11:05 PM - 20 October, 2013
No issues with 1.3 last night. 7 hours and not one glitch.
Transam388 8:03 PM - 25 October, 2013
I got a NS7 2 today and am running DJ 1.5.1 and no issues...as of yet. For those who say this thing is huge...you are correct! That said though it is nice.

I was using an NS6 and one of my main issues with that was the effects seemed very low and on this, the sound and FX is much better. I do have to say the faders are not quite what I necessarily like but others may. The fadres have require ZERO effort to move and I prefer some feedback. Again some may love this and it is not a huge hit against but just mentioning.Guess we shall see how it weathers but upon first use I am liking it.

Onto one area I think is much improved is the tone balance. Most of the time you get a new mixer and start messing with the tone controls. For the most part I have left this flat except for very slight variations just for a particular song. Just my opinion but they did a good job there.

So, for now I give this pretty high marks and as they say if you are carrying this all the time...yes it is big...yes it is kind of heavy, but the features and old school vinyl feel is nice!!
DjBliZz 5:39 AM - 31 October, 2013
Can it or will it be able to use Serato time code without needing a box? The DDJSX will never be able to due to hardware limitations, which is a deal breaker for me. I am interested in the NS7-2 but if it's not even possible to use the most exciting new feature of Serato DJ, then it's pointless to get. I love the MPC pads and can't wait to try em out. But I won't buy it if I can't plug in a turntable and use Serato time code.
DJWORX 7:37 AM - 31 October, 2013
The NS7II doesn't support timecode natively. You still need to connect a suitable interface and run Scratch Live, Traktor etc alongside Serato DJ.
DJ Trice 9:49 AM - 31 October, 2013
DjBliZz, so you should use a djm900 srt instead of ns7ii
Transam388 12:42 AM - 2 November, 2013
One of the main things that I "IMHO" see constantly on DJ forums is people who already have a negative opinion of a certain manufacturer. That is fine...ir is your choice. That said, who can make a "Perfect" mixer / controller in everyone's mode??? Most likely, no one.

Denon, Pioneer, no one doubts their great products but when a lower cost competitor comes then the hate starts. As they have said befo9re the great DJ is great becuase they are great, not due to the hardware they have. A great DJ will be great no matter what hardware they use. The HW can give an advantage but the skill remains with you.

This is not a perfect controller for all, but for many this may be a wicked system. For me...this is really a nice system. Maybe just old but the Vinyl along with options of how it reacts is great. That mixed with cues, and that slicer, is just terrific.

Anyhow, this is getting long but my point is...if it does not work for you tht is fine. Just do not be so brand loyal that you hate anything from what is "Deemed" a lower end company.
DjBliZz 11:09 PM - 3 November, 2013
Quote:
DjBliZz, so you should use a djm900 srt instead of ns7ii

I don't need it. I have an 800 and SL3 box with my techs. Looking for a controller to where I would still have the option to plug in the techs to control the other 2 decks.
I'm still thinking about the NS7-2 though. I need to get my hands on it and give it a go.
Transam388 12:47 AM - 4 November, 2013
From coming from an NS6 where if a laptop is nor plugged in you could still use it, this does make me feel a little bonded to the technology. That said, this has and I admit....for the only two weeks I have been using it a totally cool controller.

Coming from a vinyl backgraound yet trying to move to ythe digitial age I like that this allows me to have 1200s plugged into it but if I have also digitized 90% of my vinyl I have a digial controller and my vinyl feel. With that you can change the feel of the spin and down spin of the platters. Two knobs control the spin up and down speed of each platter individually.

Point I am getting at here is unlike the NS6 where if a computer is not attached you can still use external sources. With this, you MUST be connected to a computer as it is a totlly digital controller.

As I have said before for those who are mobile DJ's...this is one major beast. It is heavy but it is solid. A lot of good features IMHO but it may not be for everyone. I so far LOVE this controller though! ;)
Dj Smallz(Belize) 8:37 PM - 4 November, 2013
Does anyone know if the NS72 Platters are Alumium & what exactly does the are the channel for since most djs i know use only 2 decks to mix there songs with.
Dj Smallz(Belize) 8:40 PM - 4 November, 2013
Quote:
Does anyone know if the NS72 Platters are Alumium & what exactly does the four channels role plays since most djs i know use only 2 decks to mix there songs with.
Transam388 11:21 PM - 4 November, 2013
Quote:
Does anyone know if the NS72 Platters are Alumium & what exactly does the are the channel for since most djs i know use only 2 decks to mix there songs with.

The platters are aluminum or some type of alloy but they are metal.

As far as 4 channels, options are nice. If having more channels is not for you then maybe this is not the contoller for you.? I just always prefer to have the ability to have more tracks cued up than not have that avaialble to me.
J.J. 1:14 AM - 5 November, 2013
I use Channel 4 for 1 MIC (EQ, Volume) and Channel 3 for the Sampler Volume.
Tapwater 5:46 AM - 14 November, 2013
Did anyone get a laptop stand with theirs like the one pictured or like the one from the ns7? I purchased mine to day, and it was no where to be found.
Brandon Ezekiel 9:56 PM - 14 November, 2013
yes when i got my ns7 it came wit the laptop stand
Tapwater 10:03 PM - 14 November, 2013
I meant the ns7 2
Brandon Ezekiel 10:06 PM - 14 November, 2013
i dont kno I got the NS7 i dont have the 2
J.J. 1:21 AM - 15 November, 2013
www.numark.com
FAQ

Does the NS7II have an attached laptop stand option like the original NS7 did?

Yes! The NS7II laptop stand will be available in late 2013 (sold separately).

However, at NAMM 2013, Numark did say it will include the Laptop Stand.
Upscale Salsa Productions 11:46 PM - 18 November, 2013
With my NS7 I've experienced too many problems with Serato DJ to trust it during performances. I don't know who to blame Serato DJ or Apple. For stability's sake I have to stay with Serato Itch on the NS7. I've yet to receive my NS7II but it's coming, what versions are known to work on that?
djkurve 7:44 AM - 26 November, 2013
Quote:
With my NS7 I've experienced too many problems with Serato DJ to trust it during performances. I don't know who to blame Serato DJ or Apple. For stability's sake I have to stay with Serato Itch on the NS7. I've yet to receive my NS7II but it's coming, what versions are known to work on that?

The most recent release of Serato DJ 1.5.0 works with the NS7 II.

serato.com
djkurve 7:45 AM - 26 November, 2013
Quote:
www.numark.com
FAQ

Does the NS7II have an attached laptop stand option like the original NS7 did?

Yes! The NS7II laptop stand will be available in late 2013 (sold separately).

However, at NAMM 2013, Numark did say it will include the Laptop Stand.

I honestly wouldn't be using the stand if it came with the NS7 II. Crane Stand all day/all night!
djkurve 7:49 AM - 26 November, 2013
Quote:
I use Channel 4 for 1 MIC (EQ, Volume) and Channel 3 for the Sampler Volume.

I use 3 for my left deck and 4 for my right deck. I just prefer having more space between my upfaders. Channel 1 is for my mic and channel 2 is for my sp6.
Dj DaleNZ 10:39 AM - 20 January, 2014
I have the ns7 1. As a turntable dj from way back I love the inclusion of both the hands on vinyl feel with the new technology incorporated,The array of effects and functions is amazing!Ive ordered one of these and can't wait to try it.I don't think Ill need to upgrade my hardware in a hurry!
Transam388 12:37 AM - 21 January, 2014
I have been using this now for about two months and love the thing. Granted as most say about Serato, you do need to make sure your computer can handle the load. CPU can jump if you use a lot of effects and such. That aside I really love this thing and like you I am an older 1200 DJ who crossed to the digital age but still like the throwback feel even if not 100% like 1200s.
Dj DaleNZ 1:51 AM - 21 January, 2014
Thanks Transam388. I have several computers. All mac. Never had a problem. My main computer will more than handle the ns7ii prior to using the ns7 I was using traktor s4 four deck unit traktor kontrol. It was great still have it as a spare.When I bought the ns7i it was for the real vinyl feel mind you I couldve ran my 1200s and timecode. I missed the four decks so when the ns7ii came out plus with all the effects incorperated as upposed to having to plug in an extra effects bar using up another usb port like the ns7i I just had to have it. Mine arrives in little over a week. Cant wait. Just wondering on another note do you own a trans am? Theyre rare here in NZ. I have an 83.
Dj DaleNZ 2:02 AM - 21 January, 2014
Oh and re people complaining about a brand etc yeah I agree with you. I do take advantage of whatever equipment I am using regardless. Could be something as simple as an old denon dn 2000 dual cd player unit. Take the right music in re cds etc and just do the do! Ive had good and bad equipment in the early days from various brands but ive always had a good run with pioneer,Denon,numark, technics, vestax and traktor. I still own a pair of technics 1210s, a pair of numark turntables very nice, pioneer cdj 800s, denon dn6500 dual cd player unit and various others. But despite the size and weight of the ns7ii which I dont mind at all. The Ns7ii is the unit of choice! Great all round!
Transam388 1:26 AM - 22 January, 2014
Glad you are liking the NS7II. As I get older and yes I know things change but geezzz, compare an NS7II to taking 4 crates of 12", two 1200s, and a mixer to a gig....an NS7II is light!! ;) Have to admit though I do like the sound of vinyl but not having to crate all those around is indeed nice!! My sort of backwards way of saying sorry to those who feel 32 Lbs is heavy but I understand. ;)

As far as the car, yes and I hate to say I used to have a 98 T/A but bought a new house so sold it. Got it to 11.2 in the quarter and miss it to no end!!
Dj DaleNZ 2:33 AM - 22 January, 2014
Yeah I hear ya!I used to carry more crates of vinyl around than equipment.I feel the same way re ns7ii still easier to carry around.11.2 sec thats pretty good going.Was it a gen3 5.7litre?
DJ Trice 1:06 PM - 22 January, 2014
Selling of NS7 ii was for oct 2013 in France, but a this time there's no NS7 ii in France... and nobody know why (like resellers) !?!
I've just stop my purchase of ns7 ii for a DDJ-SZ ! Thanks to Numark !
Transam388 12:47 AM - 23 January, 2014
DJ DaleNZ, it was a 98 T/A with the LS1 in it. Stocl bottom end but Fast 90 intake, Nick Williams, 90 MM TB, Moser 12 bolt, Yella Tera roller rockers, Kook's Long tube headers, Custom Y pipe, Underdrive pulleys, custom ECM tuning, heads, cam, etc., etc., I know this is not a car forum so I'll shut up here!! ;)

Trice, sorry to hear about the delay in the NS7II in France.

Here though is the thing. Sounds like having spinning platters was not a big deal to you or most likely you would have waited.? This kind of goes back to what DaleNZ and I were speaking of as far as some love to hate certain brands. That said, I am by no means saying that is what you are doing but what you were after could be fulfilled by the DDJ-SX.......and that is cool!!

I have just really enjoyed the NS7II and feel many look for reasons to dislike Numark. Maybe just my false impression but it does to me seem to be prevalent. Heck look at how the Corvette was viewed worldwide 20 years ago and take a look today. If everyone stood on that one impression they would not see what a tremendous sports car the Corvette has become compared to others that cost more than twice as much. Think that fits in this scenario but I do have to say this is kinda pricey.

Anyhow, love the conversation and I hope the New Year is a good one for all and your mixes are good!!
DJ Trice 9:40 AM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:

Here though is the thing. Sounds like having spinning platters was not a big deal to you or most likely you would have waited.?

No, the first thing is i can use my technics if i want with DDJ SZ because the SZ accept DVS so we can also play with turntable or cd player with noisemap with it

The second thing is: i always keep to set up: turntables with SL4 and controller (i have sold my NS6 last october). With Ddj Sz: i don't need my SL4 anymore.

NS7ii was supposed to replace my technics to keep one setup only. Now the done has change with Sz.

I always said since one year that the next generation of controller will be with 2 usb port to let 2 DJ play on the same set up (like our SL4)... pioneer done it the first !
In fact i prefer the layer of ns7ii instead of the ddj one's but now i can still keep my technics :-)

That's all :-) (sorry for my english, i'm french :-)
djkurve 5:08 PM - 23 January, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Here though is the thing. Sounds like having spinning platters was not a big deal to you or most likely you would have waited.?

No, the first thing is i can use my technics if i want with DDJ SZ because the SZ accept DVS so we can also play with turntable or cd player with noisemap with it

The second thing is: i always keep to set up: turntables with SL4 and controller (i have sold my NS6 last october). With Ddj Sz: i don't need my SL4 anymore.

NS7ii was supposed to replace my technics to keep one setup only. Now the done has change with Sz.

I always said since one year that the next generation of controller will be with 2 usb port to let 2 DJ play on the same set up (like our SL4)... pioneer done it the first !
In fact i prefer the layer of ns7ii instead of the ddj one's but now i can still keep my technics :-)

That's all :-) (sorry for my english, i'm french :-)

+1
Dj DaleNZ 11:04 PM - 16 February, 2014
Hi,

Great to hear from you.

I can't speak french however I wish I could learn the language of love!!(French)lol.I have just bought my NS7 Mk II. Its the best thing I could have done. It is a very powerful controller.I will not have to upgrade for a long time.Numark have out done themselves with this one.It is a revolutionary benchmark in DJ technology.

Im in New Zealand.

Thank you

Regards

DJ Dale
Brandon Ezekiel 2:36 AM - 25 February, 2014
cool
DJ Trice 7:17 PM - 25 February, 2014
Nice, we are in febrary and ns7 ii is not in France... next date is for april... Numark... the Joke of the year loool
Dj DaleNZ 10:39 PM - 26 February, 2014
Quote:
I got mine last night as well was that a for sure thing about the ns7 case fitting the ns7ll because the new case is almost 3 bills I know the ns7 case is half that

First thing I did was try the ns7ii into my old ns7i case. Fits perfectly.
Dj DaleNZ 10:41 PM - 26 February, 2014
Quote:
Nice, we are in febrary and ns7 ii is not in France... next date is for april... Numark... the Joke of the year loool

I'm quite gutted! I paid $2599 New Zealand for my ns7 mk ii A DJ friend of mine in Australia paid $900 Australian brand new! Wow! Couldn't believe it!!
Dj DaleNZ 12:35 AM - 7 July, 2014
But hey Ive been using NS7ii regularly every week flawlessly.So really $2599 well spent.Its a lot of controller so Im not complaining!