Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

View multiple crates at the same time

swift807 1:36 AM - 11 September, 2013
Hi, Avoid jumping in and out of crates and make song selections easier and quicker.

View one crate as normal and three other crates similar to the browse panel.

Instead of having, Genre, Album, Artist, use those columns to drag in other playlists.

Granted there won't be room to view all your tags, but just the song title in most cases is fine.

We're able to have multiple Finder Windows , multiple Browsers open in Safari , all to make browsing and organizing easier , but nothing like this in Serato to make Song Selection easier, which is the most important feature before the song even hits the decks.
smptemonkey 7:02 AM - 11 September, 2013
Yes, it would be great to see multiple playlists at the same time. Sometimes I will play a song and realize that there was a better song in another crate. It would be nice and more creative to have 3 or 4 crates to draw from when selecting songs.
nikodb 8:26 AM - 11 September, 2013
Hey swift...,

Do you mean as like to have different custom or like crate views per column? Instead of tag info....Its an interesting thought...but it could get a little clutterd on small form laptops...can you please explain with a little further detail though? How would you like this to apply? Should those columns be altered automatically upon scrolling to the next crate eg for the next three crates or something ( you could be having a logical sequence on you library to be working like that as per everybodys style of moving around genres)....should it be stable as per user customization? Should we have an option to turn it off on demand...Any other thoughts about it?

Sounds a bit challenging to apply but its Good idea to be worked out though...

Cheers
Nik
swift807 12:21 AM - 12 September, 2013
Hey Nik,

Yes, have custom crate views per column. For example, instead of having the names of the artists under the Artist column , it would display the name of the songs from the crate you dragged into that column, better yet ,have a drop down window for every column with the list of crates from your library. (Drag and drop is actually not ideal for live situations.)
Those crates in the columns will stay there while your normal crate from your crate list to the left is where you can jump in and out of other crates. .

I agree it can get cluttered because you also want options to see BPM an other tags.

This is just a quick idea about the columns, maybe there could be a completely different view to switch from normal view to multi crate view by hitting a key command similar to when you hit the space bar, it reduces the decks and shows more playlist.
nikodb 2:13 PM - 12 September, 2013
Yeah an auto & custom library view option wouldn't hurt anybody i guess...It could even be activated as a full library view automatically on track scroll, like the newer version of Traktor when used with the X1 Mk2 and reverting back to deck view upon track load as an On-Off option on Setup...Assuming you have enough space there on your laptop, a couple more track columns on demand would be nice...

What i cant figure out is how to actually implement this and make those additional track columns selectable on the fly, for it to actually be of practical use...Actually one way to do such is that you could be having only your killer tracks available on a custom genre columns, that be using only crates, no subs and select them as mini lists to complement whatever you are currently playing on a drop down select custom menu, but i think thats not what we talk about here right?? ...

Back to our thing though,,,You d always have the classic crates on the left with sub-crates etc for the first column of track..so for you to be scrolling efficiently your crates and sub-crates for your second or third track column....They only way i can think is to do that, by adding a second hardware library encoder that would correspond to the second track column...they could make it midi mappable :)

Cheers
Nik
nikodb 2:14 PM - 12 September, 2013
but the second encoder should also be moving on the main library...its just that by twisting-clicking that...will be altering your additional track columns..
djFessorNelson 9:21 AM - 3 January, 2016
I see its been a while since this was last talked about. Has it been made possible yet and how can i go about this facility if its possible?