DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Hey Serato team, or Rane....Whatever somebody look at this

DJ SLOREA 10:44 AM - 7 September, 2013
Hey I just want to suggest the serato team with something

1.5 news update was great, I think most of the people wanted it, but some people are now starting to move to traktor NOT because of the software but the price of the mixers are just too damnnnnnnn high.

I know, I get it. the new mixers have 4 channels unlike the ttm 57, better built in effects, the dim has colour effects and etc, I get it. But what the 57l people want is a little cheaper mixer with things that a batttle dj or a scratch needs.

It's like how the S4 was published first and later on the S2. SSL people who don't need all the "effects" "cool strip search" but wants to use the "new" software now only has one choice. to buy the new mixers. The problem is the price. Therefore, I want to suggest this idea of "making another mixer that DOES NOT need to be BETTER than the current mixers in effects wise or function wise". maybe making like the 2nd version of the TTM 57L? Making something like the Z2? The price between the NI and Serato integrated mixers are too far apart to the point where customers don't give a shit about whether or not one product is metal or not.

My conclusion is this, thinking hard and moving forward is good. But as a company, you guys also need to think about the people who want it simple and not that overwhelming. Plan to make something like the tmm 57, a very simple mixer. You saw how the NI people did it (the Z2), all we want is something like that. The price of the Z2 is good and the mixer itself can handle things that a scratch dj would need. I am 10000000% sure that Rane and Serato can make a better, cheaper(?), simpler mixer than them.

Sorry if there are grammatical mistakes, english is my second language.

Thank you

-DJ SLOREA a.k.a Chiropac
Xfade 2:16 PM - 7 September, 2013
They made the Sixty-One... It is exactly what you are looking for and it will work with the new software... :)
gfella 9:10 PM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:

. You saw how the NI people did it (the Z2), all we want is something like that. The price of the Z2 is good and the mixer itself can handle things that a scratch dj would need. I am 10000000% sure that Rane and Serato can make a better, cheaper(?), simpler mixer than .c

I agree with you that Rane mixers don't come cheap, but you get something in return.
The Z2 was the worst mixer I ever owned and I owned a lot of mixers.
There are some 100% working ones but good luck finding one.
I hope Rane never gets that route.
N.I. Is very good at building software and controllers but not mixers.

And as mentioned the Sixty-One is what your looking for.
dj-freestyle 7:09 PM - 9 September, 2013
There is a good lesson in this thread. you get what you pay for. :)
DJ Irv 7:39 AM - 19 October, 2013
Z2 is a good mixer if you get one working 100%. I bought one that had bad fader and I exchanged it right away. The 2nd Z2 is working great but it's not Rane quality. NI's getting better with the Z2 but, they obviously don't quality control things like Rane.

To give you an idea of the quality in Rane mixers I still have a working TTM54 from 1999 and working 2008 57SL I use out 2x a week. I also agree though that Rane prices are high and I am a very unimpressed by the Sixty One especially when the Z2 cost me $600usd.

Get dj tech DIF-1S and traktor A6 or SL2 box and call it a day. Rane can charge what they charge because after all the complaining about the prices people still buy them and they last damn long time.
boabmatic 11:30 AM - 19 October, 2013
Just picked up a 62 this week and u can tell where ur cash has gone..

Twin sound cards , rock solid build and faders and all the controls you need without extra midi controllers ..

Z2 has plastic rods on all the EQ / control knobs, single sound card .. Not tried one but a pal has picked up one second hand yesterday to try it, with the thought of selling it again if he doesn't like it and get a 62. Hopefully get a shot of it before he sells it ;-)
Detroitbootybass 5:09 PM - 19 October, 2013
Rane makes all their mixers in the US and pays their employees a living wage. The only way to make it 'cheaper' is to ship production to China (like every other mixer manufacturer) where workers are paid pennies on the dollar and component parts are substandard. The ancillary effect is a reduction in build quality and reliability.

No... Rane should keep doing what it is doing - offering professional products designed and produced by professionals (in their own right). You get what you pay for. And you also support a company that does it the right way.
s3kn0tr0n1c 7:03 PM - 20 October, 2013
Quote:
Rane makes all their mixers in the US and pays their employees a living wage. The only way to make it 'cheaper' is to ship production to China (like every other mixer manufacturer) where workers are paid pennies on the dollar and component parts are substandard. The ancillary effect is a reduction in build quality and reliability.

Word .
DJ Eighty 8 2:14 PM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:

No... Rane should keep doing what it is doing - offering professional products designed and produced by professionals (in their own right). You get what you pay for. And you also support a company that does it the right way.

Yep.........CLOSE THREAD!