Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

1.2 markers

SpinThis! 3:10 PM - 21 October, 2004
triggering the samples in ssl via the 1 - 0 keys on the keyboard is great, but it'd be great to set these in real-time as well. say ctrl-2 would set cuepoint 2 on the left deck.
G-man NYC 6:46 PM - 21 October, 2004
Putting the key number next to the marker would be helpful on those fuzzy nights when 5+2 does not always = 7.

Also, as SSL adds more features it would be nice to have keyboard reference wherever possible.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Sam 10:30 PM - 21 October, 2004
A list of all keyboard short cuts will be coming soon, as will keyboard shortcuts to set markers.
dj_ricochet 9:57 AM - 23 October, 2004
Do you guys agree that it would be nice to have (at least an option for) the song to automatically switch to RELative mode when you push a number key to jump to a cuepoint in ABSolute mode? Personally I dislike having to change to relative mode first.

Totally agree with you about the CTRL-<NUMBER_KEY> to set markers too :)
BassChamber 11:42 AM - 23 October, 2004
Quote:
Do you guys agree that it would be nice to have (at least an option for) the song to automatically switch to RELative mode when you push a number key to jump to a cuepoint in ABSolute mode? Personally I dislike having to change to relative mode first.

totally agree. and what about keyboard shorcut to jump to the beginning of the track? (e.g. alt-1 / alt-6)
SpinThis! 8:34 PM - 23 October, 2004
yeh alt-1/alt-6 would rock too. i know people can argue about turning on the "play track from beginning" checkbox, but there are times when you want to just rifle through tracks and keep the position.

i'm not sure i totally agree about automatically switching from absolute mode when you play a marker, but i do think there should be keyboard shortcuts to switch to the different modes. maybe like control/command-| or something.
nik39 10:37 PM - 23 October, 2004
Quote:
i'm not sure i totally agree about automatically switching from absolute mode when you play a marker

Totally agree, I dont want SSL to switch to internal/relative mode just because I pressed 1 out of 10 digit keys accidently :( If it is in relative/internal mode, cool, but it shouldnt do anything if its in absolute mode.
bartaug 12:14 PM - 24 October, 2004
Quote:
I dont want SSL to switch to internal/relative mode just because I pressed 1 out of 10 digit keys accidently

Yes, but I'd like to have a key shortcut to switch to internal/abs/relative.
nik39 12:57 PM - 24 October, 2004
Yup. But something complicated like ctrl-shift-alt-i-n-t or so ;) So one wouldnt press it accidently.
dj_ricochet 10:09 PM - 24 October, 2004
But don't you find that once a shortcut is more than about 2 keys that you run an even larger risk of stuffing up pushing it in a dark and smoky club and cutting out your mix that way? None of the other keyboard shortcuts I regularly use come close to the numeric keys (CTRL-F being probably the closest).

So yes, a keyboard shortcut to switch to relative mode would be a good idea but I'd be more inclined to have something like CTRL+<NUMBER KEY> setting a cuepoint, SHIFT+<NUMBER KEY> jumping to a cuepoint in ABSolute mode and changing to RELative mode automatically and then just plain <NUMBER KEY> changing cuepoints in RELative mode.

And yes, you may say that you'd accidently jump to a cuepoint instead of setting it but it's really much the same as mapping a new song to the correct deck with CTRL+<ARROW>
DJ Dynamight 5:43 PM - 3 November, 2004
I agree with Ricochet. I also suggest that the keyboard shortcuts have an on/off switch in the setup screen... :-)
BriChi 2:10 AM - 9 February, 2005
Quote:

I LOVE this idea, i was going to post this idea but had seen you had suggested it already, i hate that i have to always switch to rel. mode before i can hit a marker.