Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Question about the DDJ-SX and DVS in Serato DJ

salazam 10:53 PM - 5 September, 2013
Would it be possible to plug turntables into the DDJ for use as DVS in Serato DJ? I currently have the SL-1 which I know isn't supported, but if I were to use an SL-2 box would this work to be able to use both the DDJ and the SL-2?
Asu 12:18 AM - 6 September, 2013
SX mixer section,plus SL2+CDJs is ok...you can't use the SX jogs for DVS...but 1.5 will work as usual in controller mode so u Don't need DVS
VJ Justin Allen 12:24 AM - 6 September, 2013
No...but it would be nice.
Asu 2:29 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

what would be the point??? functionality is the same...
VJ Justin Allen 10:02 AM - 6 September, 2013
It would be nice to add a third deck or turntable...without using a SL 2, 3, or 4.
Davideon 11:01 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

But the jogs aren't as good for scratching as tts
salazam 6:48 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously? If anyone working on the progression of music has to ask this, then I seriously question your dedication to the cause. What's the point of adding DVS support to Serato DJ?! What's the point of moving out of the stone age?

Anyway, yeah like BBD said: for one, scratching. Secondly, being able to take advantage of DVS in Serato DJ without having to drop another few grand on a mixer after having just done so on the DDJ. Thirdly, being able to take advantage of better tactile control when mixing with more than 2 decks. The deck switch button is nice, but having instant manual control of 4 decks is convenient. Fourthly, you get to show off more gear at gigs (duh). Fifthly, why not? Sixthly, did I mention scratching?

I could probably list more but I just woke up and there's still cobwebs in my brain.