DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Sync

Dj Sami AD 9:20 PM - 5 September, 2013
when I beat match two music with each other,after 2,3 seconds its not matched anymore,how can i lock the beatmatch like i do with virtual dj?
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:28 PM - 5 September, 2013
Practice
dj_KaSE 9:35 PM - 5 September, 2013
Ride the pitch...
eder 9:44 PM - 5 September, 2013
Make sure you have enough plasma fluid in the tank.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 9:45 PM - 5 September, 2013
Nobody beat matches anymore. Just yell on the mic and then drop the next track
Dj Sami AD 9:46 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Nobody beat matches anymore. Just yell on the mic and then drop the next track

:))))))
stevie o 9:51 PM - 5 September, 2013
Check the oil light indicator under settings.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:52 PM - 5 September, 2013
Did you remove the tag.......DO NOT REMOVE TAG
StevenWayne 9:54 PM - 5 September, 2013
i wish Serato DJ would lock the beatmatch
Dj Sami AD 9:56 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

where is the tag? :D i dont know
stevie o 9:59 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

where is the tag? :D i dont know

It's right under the flux capacitor
AKIEM 10:05 PM - 5 September, 2013
you have to press the sync button harder - like with all your wight, mash it down into the box
Dj Sami AD 10:09 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
you have to press the sync button harder - like with all your wight, mash it down into the box

you think you are funny,arent u?
 6 10:09 PM - 5 September, 2013
You have to make sure both mp3's are balanced correctly. Usually 1 oz weights work okay. Don't put anymore than 2 oz's though.

nm
AKIEM 10:10 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

you think you are funky,arent u?

YES!
stevie o 10:10 PM - 5 September, 2013
Don't forget if you draw the letter N in front of the sync button Justin timberlake appears to help you. Technology has come a long way
StevenWayne 10:15 PM - 5 September, 2013
you may want to try reanalyzing your entire library, that fixes this issue sometimes
DJ Reflex 10:16 PM - 5 September, 2013
Sync...

1:47 www.youtube.com
Dj Sami AD 10:18 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Sync...

what do u mean by 1:47?
stevie o 10:28 PM - 5 September, 2013
1;47 is a bible scripture that explains all about sync. The Corinthians were way ahead of their time.
Mike_P 10:39 PM - 5 September, 2013
Don't listen to any of these guys, they're all high and mighty assholes who are just trying to confuse you. I'll tell you exactly, step by step, how to activate the sync which will then lock the beats.

1. Select your "all" crate
2. Select the first song at the very top of your "all" crate
3. Scroll down to the bottom of your "all" crate
4. Press "shift" on your computer keyboard and then select the very last song at the very bottom of your "all" crate
5. Now all of the songs from top to bottom should be highlighted in red
6. Now, very carefully, hit these keys on your keyboard...first press and hold the "control" key, next (while still holding the "control" key down) press and hold the "command" button, now lastly, (while still holding the other two buttons down) press and hold down the "delete" button.

BAM! That's it...simple as that. Now you're ready to start mixing with no more pesky beats that don't match. Cheers!
Mike_P 10:44 PM - 5 September, 2013
OOPS! I made a mistake. Instead of "command" it's the "shift" button that you press and hold in step number 6. So it goes "control", "shift", "delete". Sorry about that.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:57 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
You have to make sure both mp3's are balanced correctly. Usually 1 oz weights work okay. Don't put anymore than 2 oz's though.

nm

if you cant find exact weights usually a roll of quarters will work
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:57 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
when I beat match two music with each other,after 2,3 seconds its not matched anymore,how can i lock the beatmatch like i do with virtual dj?

how close to a microwave is your unit?
DJ VEE 11:01 PM - 5 September, 2013
CDJ's? If so there are a few reasons.
hyun 11:25 PM - 5 September, 2013
what's "virtual dj"?
latindj 11:32 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
what's "virtual dj"?

it's what he's doing...
Jesus Christ 12:19 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

how close to a microwave is your unit?

Found it:

i.onfinite.com
Chrisjin 12:27 AM - 6 September, 2013
You might have to email tech support for this one
DJ Reflex 12:31 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
1;47 is a bible scripture that explains all about sync. The Corinthians were way ahead of their time.

You guys all missed the humor in that video clip. Skip ahead to 1:47 in the video.
Damn - now it's no longer funny.

Quote:
Sync...

the_black_one 12:46 AM - 6 September, 2013
sync ...... WTF is that??
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:27 AM - 6 September, 2013
What is your favorite BPM?

Let's say it's 128!

Start up SSL, go into a crate, and did you know you could change the BPM to WHATEVER YOU LIKE?

That's right !

That's the "Easter Egg" nobody wants to tell anybody about on here, but I'm here to let you know... :-)

Yes, it's THAT EASY, just type in 128 in ALL the BPM columns for all the songs in that crate, and PRESTO...

All your songs will be of the SAME BPM,...

No sync necessary.
auttomattik 2:54 AM - 6 September, 2013
You taking about locking you beats, but I find a 2 part epoxy works the best, and bonding your beats.
dj_KaSE 3:20 AM - 6 September, 2013
Probably need a wheel alignment, rotation, and balancing.
 6 3:36 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Probably need a wheel alignment, rotation, and balancing.

lol
Jesus Christ 3:42 AM - 6 September, 2013
That's a good point Kase. Were your turntables or controllers aligned when you bought them? Do you see balancing weights on them anywhere?
latindj 4:49 AM - 6 September, 2013
Exactly. Check the wear on your platters. If they are not wearing evenly it will throw off the beats.
dj_KaSE 4:51 AM - 6 September, 2013
Well if my earlier suggestion of riding the pitch just doesn't work, then the platters have to be out of alignment! Right?
Dj matty k 1:34 AM - 8 September, 2013
I only need mine in the kitchen , where I blend all my beats
Rdent 2:58 AM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:

LOOK here are a few things that could be going wrong....

1. your beat grids are not accurate... thus even though you press sync the actual bmps may be wrong so the songs stay on track for a few seconds...

^^^ the solution is to simply adjust the beat grids manually so that they are locked in at the correct bpm <<< this will ensure that they stay lined up.

^^^ all of that of course should be done BEFORE your gigs

2. now if this happens when you are Djing "live" you should be able to as some had said ride the pitch... that is you use the pitch bend buttons either speed up or slow down the track as it is required.... you can do this by ear or you can also just look at the wave forms and just see what the adjustment is that you have to make.......

it's not hard to do

also if really helps if you go over your tracks b4 your gigs prepare them (ad your cue points if needed, adjust the beat grid if needed ect ect ect) once you do that the sync should work flawlessly for most of todays music since it is all done electronically as oppose to live music in which the bpm varies and is only as accurate as the drummer.
dj_KaSE 3:37 AM - 8 September, 2013
See Serato? Look at the lazy idiots that sync is creating.
dj_KaSE 3:37 AM - 8 September, 2013
And damn I'm sexy aren't I.
the_black_one 3:56 AM - 8 September, 2013
LOL@ kase

NM NH
str8nger 3:58 AM - 8 September, 2013
Serato will take a shit next couple of years. some rich famous dj will start his own simple DVS. like when scratch live was without all this sync crap.
Rdent 4:38 AM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Serato will take a shit next couple of years. some rich famous dj will start his own simple DVS. like when scratch live was without all this sync crap.

highly doubt that, just by using common sense and observation. look at serato clearly they see the future....

Quote:
And damn I'm sexy aren't I.

Nice DJ INSECURITY
i52.tinypic.com
the_black_one 4:58 AM - 8 September, 2013
@Rent ....... i think there is some left over sand in there.... remove please !!!!

NM NH