Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ/Novation Dicers

JackGregory 7:15 PM - 5 September, 2013
Will the new version of Serato DJ (the one that will replace Scratch Live) support novation dicers when used in DVS mode?
haveboard 8:07 PM - 5 September, 2013
Looks like it according to this:
djworx.com
JackGregory 8:16 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Looks like it according to this:
djworx.com

awesome, thank you for the link sir!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:03 AM - 6 September, 2013
Yes it will :)
Ceasar K 3:22 PM - 11 September, 2013
By when will it happen? Or is it already supported?
LilSwann 7:39 PM - 11 September, 2013
Quote:
By when will it happen? Or is it already supported?

This^^^^ I would like to know as well the Dicers are an important part of my current setup.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:34 AM - 12 September, 2013
They'll be in the release 1.5 :)
LilSwann 12:52 AM - 12 September, 2013
Quote:
They'll be in the release 1.5 :)

Yesss!!!!!
DJ TwoCities 6:53 AM - 19 November, 2013
Can I now use Dicer with my controller or must I use it in the DVS version " Beta DEC. 2013 / Official Release Feb. 2014? I currently have an AKAI LPD8 but would like to use Dicer.
dj-freestyle 4:05 PM - 19 November, 2013
Dicers work with serato dj now. you can use them with any of the controllers currently suppported and also with dvs for 62 and sl's when beta is relased in dec.
DJ Good Times 7:25 PM - 13 January, 2014
Anyone getting errors with the Serato DJ beta and the dicers? Mine can tag cue points but it won't trigger and the loop rolls/looping don't seem to work as well. It's not like they're NOT working...they just don't do anything. I was anticipating a crash.
dj-freestyle 4:34 PM - 14 January, 2014
yes and if you download the new beta thats out its fixed. there has been another beta release since first one and that fixes it.
Nicky Blunt 5:15 AM - 22 February, 2014
will it support more than one pair? I'd love to have control over all three of my turntables in the same manner.
dj-freestyle 4:25 PM - 23 February, 2014
i would have to think about that. i don't think that work unless you could change the channels the pair work on. ill ask around to find out
Nicky Blunt 10:27 AM - 27 February, 2014
any luck, all ive seen so far is bad news. You would think this would be an easy fix! Been asking for this for a good few years within serato.
nik39 12:27 PM - 27 February, 2014
Quote:
i would have to think about that. i don't think that work unless you could change the channels the pair work on. ill ask around to find out

In SL more than a pair worked, because SL was talking to the devices in a more direct way.

SDJ does not support that. Only one pair is possible.
Back House Kidz 6:55 PM - 16 March, 2014
Will the novation dicer work with Numark NS7???
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 7:11 AM - 31 March, 2014
Quote:

Yes. They will work with any supported Serato DJ hardware.
Back House Kidz 4:51 AM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

Yes. They will work with any supported Serato DJ hardware.

Thanks. Just had to be sure
Nicky Blunt 5:07 PM - 3 April, 2014
Quote:
Quote:

In SL more than a pair worked, because SL was talking to the devices in a more direct way.

SDJ does not support that. Only one pair is possible.

Is that likely to change at some point? All I see are negatives to sdj. Things i dont care about work great, things I do have been removed or the functionality is broken. It's beyond frustrating. Therefore I'm still using SSL.
DJ Good Times 8:39 PM - 9 July, 2014
I'm having a hard time looking for it but I was wondering is there a way to control cue points 6-8 with the dicers?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:22 PM - 9 July, 2014
No, only cue points 1-5 are mapped to the Dicers.
DJ Good Times 1:22 AM - 10 July, 2014
That kinda stinks...
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:34 AM - 10 July, 2014
Well there's only 5 pads so it's a bit tricky. If we did add a way to trigger the other 3 it would have to be in such a way that it doesn't compromise the performance of those that are used to only having access to the 5.

Can you think of a suitable way to trigger cue points 6-8?
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:34 AM - 10 July, 2014
Why can't we midi assign 6-8 on a custom bank on the dicers that's the logical thing to do but let me guess its not possible in sdj

I my opinion before you even thought about releasing sdj to the public it should have matched SSL feature wise, its been how long since its released and you guys still haven't got it to where it should be, no doubt the next release will be to support another controller and not to add the features that you somehow "forgot" to add originally
Eric Chase 5:01 PM - 31 July, 2014
Does anyone know where to acquire different colored Dicers? I've seen them in white and gold. Can you purchase them this way or must they be special ordered?
The Return of Dj Sparky 6:56 PM - 31 July, 2014
Gold were a promo when they first released, you could win a gold 68 and gold dicers,
White were limited edition or customs that dj tech tools sold I believe

Just paint them if you really want to custom then, there is only 4 screws to open them up and just take the top plastic piece and paint it easiest custom mod to do nothing technical about it
Eric Chase 3:17 PM - 1 August, 2014
Thanks for the response Sparky!
YungNino 5:07 AM - 8 September, 2014
Hey everyone!

I am having some trouble with Serato DJ and my dicers, it seems they are not being recognized in SDJ as MIDI's. Does the computer have to be connected to the Rane box in order for the dicers to be recognized??

Thanks
- Nino
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:11 AM - 8 September, 2014
Hi YungNino,

Yes, you will need to connect to your Rane box to use the Dicers. You cannot use them as MIDI devices in the offline player (no Rane device connected). I hope that helps! :)
YungNino 5:15 AM - 8 September, 2014
Hell ya! Thanks Martin!!!!!!!
ZillaRacing 9:30 PM - 2 October, 2014
I can't get the dicers to work with Serato Dj and my 900SRT. Downgrading to Serato live and my old mixer, they work fine. Any ideas?
Serato, Support
Martin C 8:57 AM - 3 October, 2014
Hey ZillaRacing,

Our Support Team should be able to sort that out for you. Get in touch with them here: support.serato.com and they will provide help as soon as possible! :)
DJ Yaitanis 1:40 AM - 20 May, 2015
Is anyone doing anything new with divers? Jus got a pair off eBay with my SL 1200 MK5 and can't wait for them to get in
DJ Yaitanis 1:41 AM - 20 May, 2015
Dicers
dick ballslickem 11:03 PM - 28 May, 2015
Am using serato dj with akia amx and afx with timecodes and dicers.it keeps crashing.or dicers stop working.any ideas?
DJ Anti Hero 10:33 AM - 16 June, 2015
You should be able to map cues 6-8 in the shift function of your divers and you can customize the lights using dicetools
DJ Anti Hero 7:24 AM - 18 June, 2015
You can get the shift mode by holding down the loop role button or loop button for different pages... You can map whatever you want... Including more cue points...

This will fill you in on dicetools serato.com
DJ Tecniq 12:10 PM - 18 June, 2015
Anyone know how to map the dicers to get to the crate area? I don't think it's possible. I just have one dicer mapped to scroll tracks up and down and load left and right decks. That's pretty much it. If there is a way to jump from the library to the crates area is like to know👍🏻
lil tez 9:28 AM - 26 October, 2016
Can you show me where to put dicers on a pioneer ddj sb.
DJ Tecniq 7:40 AM - 27 October, 2016
Quote:
Can you show me where to put dicers on a pioneer ddj sb.
the DDJSB has midi pads already which are similar to the dicers so technically you don't need the dicers?
lil tez 7:42 AM - 27 October, 2016
Thanks
dick ballslickem 2:38 PM - 6 April, 2017
Really need some help guys.i have 3 pairs of divers. One pair I snapped the use micro port with part of the bord still attached.next pair I got from my friend the master works when it wants to.and gthe third pair is just for spares.so my question is can I. Make one pair out of the 3 pairs?its driving me mad can someone please help?
WalshyAd 4:57 PM - 22 April, 2017
I have a Akai AMX, MacBook Pro, Technics 1210's using Serato DJ 1.9.6
My Novation Dicers no longer work since i upgraded DJ to this newer version!
Any ideas on how to sort this out ?, or is it unsortable ?!!
DJ Anti Hero 11:54 AM - 11 September, 2017
dick,

You should be able to mix and match - as long as the individual pieces work ok... there's not left/right or pairing between them - so if you have two working ones - and your USB and connecting cable is fine between them - you should be all good!

A.H.
DJ Anti Hero 12:00 PM - 11 September, 2017
WalshyAd,

Mine have been acting up as well - I had just assumed it was my Dicers being old... So, I got another set and sometimes they even don't work... so I just unplug them and plug them back in and they'll likely work again for a while - then I repeat the unplug/plug back in - some sets I don't have to do it at all - some I do (I had also thought it was because I was using "dicetools" - but I would have this problem with or without - also thought it might have been the mixer I was using - some places I was using the new Pioneer S9... and well - doesn't seem to matter where or if I use dicetools or not... sometimes they work totally fine... sometimes they act up...)

Would be interesting to know if it was indeed 1.9.6 causing the problem!

A.H.
audiomontana 1:17 AM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:

Same setup -- Recently I was gifted a pair of dicers that i wanted to use with Serato DJ. I thought i would map them to control certain functions that my other controllers (xone 1d) (denonhc1000s) do not cover such quickly switching to internal mode from the DVS system. or switching vinyl modes quickly and close to my turntables. I am using 1.9.6 as well. I am not able to work with the dicers or map / remap them.
audiomontana 2:45 AM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Same setup -- Recently I was gifted a pair of dicers that i wanted to use with Serato DJ. I thought i would map them to control certain functions that my other controllers (xone 1d) (denonhc1000s) do not cover such quickly switching to internal mode from the DVS system. or switching vinyl modes quickly and close to my turntables. I am using 1.9.6 as well. I am not able to work with the dicers or map / remap them.

I solved this problem by renaming the Midi Device in audio midi set-up. Now each dicer has three pages of user configurable triggers in serato dj
EISEN 11:54 AM - 31 December, 2019
Big fan of the dicer with dvs but does anyone know if it can be used without and just the laptop?

I want to try a few things out/experiment in the on the go.
EISEN 11:54 AM - 31 December, 2019
Big fan of the dicer with dvs but does anyone know if it can be used without and just the laptop?

metroplex2005 6:43 PM - 31 December, 2019
Nope.
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:12 PM - 31 December, 2019
Quote:

How about you start by trying them without dvs