Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Features to port from SSL

HeaVyyNeSs 1:05 PM - 5 September, 2013
Few features in SSL that I would like to see in DJ

Autoplay - needed for when I have to step away from the booth when working alone

Individual crate sorting - It is currently a global sort. In ssl I can have each individual crate sorted by name, bpm or whatever category.

Turn off automatic cue points - cues should only be added when I want them. If i press a button accidentally a cue should not be added

Three I can think of now... I will keep adding to the thread as I come up with more.
HeaVyyNeSs 1:23 PM - 5 September, 2013
Bridge Support - At minimum the ability to export .ALS files via mixtape
HeaVyyNeSs 1:59 PM - 5 September, 2013
Chronological cues
Playback buttons use shift
[O/][iii][O/] 2:50 PM - 5 September, 2013
More SSL features that are sadly missing from SDJ:

Stacked Horizontal 2-deck & 4-deck Modes
serato.com

Album Art Grid 1 and Album Art Grid 2 Library Views
serato.com

Album Art On Loaded Decks
serato.com

Album Art Size Increase/Decrease
serato.com

Sort Cues Chronologically
serato.com

Day/Night Modes
serato.com
HeaVyyNeSs 2:00 AM - 5 February, 2014
Still no traction on some of these in 1.6, with new ones that i have noticed.

Individual crate sorting - It is currently a global sort for all crates. If I set the sort filter to bpm in one crate it changes it in all crates… In ssl I can have each individual crate sorted by name, bpm, # or whatever category. This is big for me to be able to move through crates quickly and move from crate to crate, organized sets or to looking up individual tracks by name or bpm.

Autoplay - needed for when I have to step away from the booth when working alone

Turn off automatic cue points (hot cues) - cues should only be added when I want them (via ctrl + number). If i press a button accidentally a cue should not be added.

Add measurement lines back to pitch fader in internal mode

AM Mode

Beat grids show without sync

Same (Vertical) views for all devices. My SL2 and Vci 380 have two different views when using the device. It's difficult when I switch devices if my views don't remain constant across devices. Just throws off my workflow. I go for as close to the ssl view for any device I jump on. If I do three different events in a day with provided equipment, i.e. sl2 to a ssx or vci 380 to a rane 68. I would hope I can get the same experience on all devices minus their individual quirks.

Choose used tracks color (tracks already played) I'm partial to the green color used in ssl but i wouldn't mind opening the color pallet to choose the color of tracks played so they stand out. The blue is not working for me.

It seems my cue points are sorted chronologically in dvs mode but i didn't test on the vci380. Very important feature to ensure works across the board. Save the state of when the cue was saved (to work as is when feature is off for drumming and etc) but when chronologically sort cues is on it should order all the cue points.

I feel like the view is extra cramped as compared to ssl… I know you added more features but its a lot to look at.
HeaVyyNeSs 2:02 AM - 5 February, 2014
Also rane drivers. I noticed when I plugged in my sl2 to serato dj I had to install the drivers and restart my computer. Is there a way to install all the drivers for the devices I may run into in different clubs in advance to ensure I don't have to go through this when doing a quick change with another dj at a club.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:50 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:
Few features in SSL that I would like to see in DJ

already is autoplay in SDJ Look at the bottom Left corner.

Quote:
Individual crate sorting - It is currently a global sort. In ssl I can have each individual crate sorted by name, bpm or whatever category.

Just tick customized crate view in setup!

Quote:
Turn off automatic cue points - cues should only be added when I want them. If i press a button accidentally a cue should not be added.

Not sure what you mean by this auto cue?
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:59 AM - 5 February, 2014
Quote:

Same (Vertical) views for all devices. My SL2 and Vci 380 have two different views when using the device. It's difficult when I switch devices if my views don't remain constant across devices. Just throws off my workflow. I go for as close to the ssl view for any device I jump on. If I do three different events in a day with provided equipment, i.e. sl2 to a ssx or vci 380 to a rane 68. I would hope I can get the same experience on all devices minus their individual quirks.

Not a clue what you are on about they are the same??

Rane SL-3 --> i190.photobucket.com
(Has the blue boarder because there is more than two decks)(has INT & REL/ABS/THUR because thats the options you have with dvs)

Vestax VCI-380 --> i190.photobucket.com
HeaVyyNeSs 2:32 AM - 6 February, 2014
Awesome, thanks for the info, i meant hot cues (not auto cue). I need an option to turn them off.

For the 380, last time i used it the track overview was by the song title not adjacent to the waveform, it made it difficult to correlate position and see the breakdowns. I don't know if it changed I lent my 380 to a friend.
Konix 2:50 AM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
Turn off automatic cue points (hot cues) - cues should only be added when I want them (via ctrl + number). If i press a button accidentally a cue should not be added.

Just check the 'playback keys use shift' option and that will solve your issue and make it like you want. Pressing 1,2,3,etc won't set a cue point, only Ctrl+1,2,3 will. Of course, any other keyboard shorcuts won't work either now unless you hold shift (or turn CAPS lock on, but that will revert to the press 1,2,3 to set and trigger cues).
HeaVyyNeSs 3:14 AM - 6 February, 2014
I'm looking for functionality similar to ssl... Shift key function isn't exactly what I'm looking for.
gcastro723 6:17 AM - 6 February, 2014
don't forget the bigg'uns (big ones for you not from down South), SHOW MIDI PANEL and MIDI OUTPUT LIGHTING!
Dj Bema 8:24 AM - 6 February, 2014
Echo out effect Whit same parameters
Playabeatz 8:49 AM - 6 February, 2014
the same vertical view as in SSL.
opened a thread on this and many more want that feature too.

serato.com
djbanno 11:12 AM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
More SSL features that are sadly missing from SDJ:

Stacked Horizontal 2-deck & 4-deck Modes
serato.com

Album Art Grid 1 and Album Art Grid 2 Library Views
serato.com

Album Art On Loaded Decks
serato.com

Album Art Size Increase/Decrease
serato.com

Sort Cues Chronologically
serato.com

Day/Night Modes
serato.com

+1
Spot on call.
djbanno 11:13 AM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:
don't forget the bigg'uns (big ones for you not from down South), SHOW MIDI PANEL and MIDI OUTPUT LIGHTING!

+1 again
Playabeatz 1:13 PM - 6 February, 2014
Quote:

+1
HeaVyyNeSs 3:27 AM - 20 February, 2014
Track load.

I use apple plus arrow key left or right to load a track to my deck.

In serato DJ up arrow and down arrow both load tracks to deck as well as left/right. Option to choose one. If I am playing out live and i press down or up by accident a track is loaded to the playing deck.

In SSL only left and right arrow worked on track load.

I suggest an option in preferences for track load.