Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Why no Denon DJ DN-HC1000s in Serato DJ (in future 2014)?

DJ - A.B.BASS 1:05 PM - 5 September, 2013
Baaammmmm,

Serato Scratch Live will become Serato DJ in 2014.

Ok, but:

after watching the website for compatible hardware, there will be no support for the Denon DJ DN-HC1000s in Serato DJ, just the Novation Dicers.

Baaaaaaaaaad very baaaaaad (:-(

And just the Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus will be compatible

phhhhhhh bad too!
Danny_DJ 10:40 PM - 20 October, 2013
really? where is this info from? I am on SSL and just got the Denon and I look forward to SDJ. But with the Denon not being supported, I'm a bit bummed
deejdave 12:44 AM - 21 October, 2013
Why not midi map the unit yourself? Its easy enough to do. EVERY feature you had in SSL you CAN do for SDJ with that controller. The down side is there are far more capabilities in Serato DJ and you will in fact e cutting yourselves VERY short by using such a limited sub controller. As a atter of fact I have two N.I. Knotrol X1's thet each one by itself is far more capable than the DN-HC1000s and even THEY are not enough for Serato DJ....................... just some stuff to think about. Unfortunately with more capabilities you must come up with ways to control them and a controller that didn't even let you control ALL of the features of SSL (in which there are far less) with only two decks MAY NOT cut it for SDJ in which there is so much more to control with 4 decks (typically).

If the DN-HC1000s is enough for you and the slicer, performance pads, multiple FX capabilities, etc. are not for you then map the DN-HC1000s yourself. Furthermore you can change anything you ever wanted to to improve it any way you want.
938MyDJ 1:22 AM - 21 October, 2013
Ha ha ha!
I found you again on this thread, bud!

I have 2 units of X1s too...
Don't know what would be their future?

So you think the SP1 is the answer?
deejdave 2:34 AM - 21 October, 2013
Sup dude.......
I mapped the X1's to Serato DJ and while they are GREAT they do lack the necessary layouts to accommodate the new capabilities of Serato DJ. I have the DDJ-SX. I said from day one the FX, sampler, performance pads, loop handling etc. was SPOT ON with it but I felt the platter (basically the player sections) & mixer sections left much to be desired. I got my 900SRT in last week and hooked them up with my 2000NXS's. NOW I have the exact opposite. Solution? The DDJ-SP1. Yes TBH I feel the SP1 will sole all my issues. I will use it in conjunction with my x1's at first but I will eventually see if phasing them out is the answer.
938MyDJ 5:11 AM - 21 October, 2013
So back to the story that we've discuss on the other thread (upgrade NS6 to SX), here's my second thought... keep the NS6 and get the SP1 instead.

I think NS6 + SP1 = SX (actually might be even better if midi-functions won't collide)

And at the same time, I can use the SP1 if I decided to use my CDJs.
deejdave 5:46 AM - 21 October, 2013
Possibly could. This is a circumstance where you may still benefit from waiting a f bit to see how things pan out. I will tell you this though. The way things are going (and Serato's constant reminder of controllers & CDJ's not being supported together) I wouldn't be surprised to see the CDJ/controller setup remain unsupported. This means if you run into ANY issues you are on your own.............. if it's the CDJ/controleer setup that is giving you issues.

Hav you had any luck with the NS6 and CDJ's?
938MyDJ 5:56 AM - 21 October, 2013
Same results... choppy and shaky waveform.

I deicided to spend my time on learning rekordbox instead (for a possible back purposes).
deejdave 6:29 AM - 21 October, 2013
Nice. Save yourself a crap load of time................... Get the SSL/Traktor Database importer over at N.I. (which is free) then convert your librry to Traktor. THEN get RekordBuddy App an iTunes store ($7.99) then convert .NML (Traktor export file) to .XML which is Rekordbox's import file. NOW your entire collection works and is 100% SYNCed with all three DJ applications (cue points, beat grids, keys, comments & ALLLL)
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:45 AM - 21 October, 2013
I tried to map hc1000 to sdj but you can hardly mad anything that the controller does! And no led feedback.

Really needs native support.
DJ Trice 12:04 PM - 21 October, 2013
HC1000 is the best companion for SSL and should be one of the best for SDJ (after the dedicated pioneer). I will never buy a 400 $ mini controller to navigate in SDJ
DJ - A.B.BASS 2:51 PM - 21 October, 2013
@ DJ Trice

yes 100%, me too!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@ LJ_Woolsey

yes, 100%
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@deejdave
You really dont know all functinons of the Denon controller!
(please read, maybe opens your view as to the scope of functions:)

www.dm-pro.eu
- - -
It looks like you havent work with the Denon controller!
- - -
Please read the comment from
DJ Trice & LJ_Woolsey
- - -
Before telling me what to do (mapping etc.), read my profile and look what equipment (Novation Dicer, Denon HC1000, Akai MPD 24 etc etc) i'm using . Damn!
deejdave 5:36 PM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:
HC1000 is the best companion for SSL and should be one of the best for SDJ (after the dedicated pioneer). I will never buy a 400 $ mini controller to navigate in SDJ

NOW to say the HC1000 is the best companion for SSL but then say I will never buy a mini (when you probably meant to say (midi) means you are limiting yourself.

I am guessing you should be saying something like the Denon HC1000S is the best controller at this price range. I would agree with that.

@ DJ A.B. BASS

Wrong I do know every function of that controller as i had it. I then upgraded to the Kontrol X1 which does the same BUT adds MORE

I have dedicated buttons for sampler and its functions...................................DO YOU?
I Have Dedicated buttons for EACH FX bank and all its controls......................DO YOU?

The Denon is the best pre-mapped controller for SSL MAYBE. Trust me you can come up with better mappings yourself. Do you feel all the people doing it are doing it for fun. First off the Denon controller is a very low cost controller so if it were that much better don't you think I would have stopped there? I got my hands on the Kontrol X1 because I thought to myself..................... GEE I wish the HC1000s had more buttons so It had more dedicated buttons INSTEAD OF shifting. NOW this is a matter of preference BUT in my experience dedicated buttons, knobs, switches, etc is where its at otherwise why have any physical controls at all.

Also there is NOTHING on your profile that suggests I should be trusting your opinion for anything. As you know (or should know) publicly we can only view:

Serato Products
Pioneer DDJ‑SX
Rane SL 1
Rane SL 2
Rane SL 3
Serato Video
The Bridge
Vestax VCI‑300
Vestax VCI‑300
Vestax VFX‑1

System Profiles

Acer Aspire 5942G
Windows 7 (64 bit) Service Pack 1
4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Disk

Acer Aspire 1692
Windows XP Service Pack 3
2GB RAM, 120GB Hard Disk

Acer Aspire 5683
3GB RAM, 160GB Hard Disk

Acer Aspire 5942G
Windows 7 (64 bit) Service Pack 1
4GB RAM, 750GB Hard Disk

Acer Aspire 5684
3GB RAM, 120GB Hard Disk

Which states pretty much the same you see everywhere with the exception of the Windows EVERYWHERE at the bottom..........................

SO before we go any further have you used the X1's as well as the HC1000s because I have used both. IF you have not then what you have developed all on your own is what we call a biased opinion.
deejdave 7:12 PM - 21 October, 2013
Quote:
I tried to map hc1000 to sdj but you can hardly mad anything that the controller does! And no led feedback.

Really needs native support.

And BTW this^^^ is exactly the type of feedback that is necessary to get things done. This can be expected from Woolsey though. Although I DO NOT use the denon anymore I DO agree it should get support via SDJ. Itch DID NOT have a similar MIDI structure BUT SDJ does so I feel it could be done fairly easy. Like I said though you WOULD be limiting yourself BIG time with the new capabilities of SDJ.

Furthermore if anyone is interested on the DDJ-SP1 for less than $400 thedjhookup.com sells them for $359 and it is WELL worth it.
musiclee 8:52 PM - 21 October, 2013
HC1000 looks cool

but i LOVE my HC4500, and PRAY for support in SDJ

of course these are 2 different units from Denon, which we hope get native support soon
Mr Wilks 9:15 PM - 21 October, 2013
The Denon HC1000S is coming at the full release so don't worry. It's been confirmed as coming by Serato on this site.

As Basement Jaxx once said... "Don't Worry, Don't Paaanic!“.
Mr Wilks 9:20 PM - 21 October, 2013
Here's just one thread about it from last week... serato.com
deejdave 9:45 PM - 21 October, 2013
^^^^ some more productive posting. The Denon DN-HC1000s just seems too simple for Serato NOT to be able to add support to.
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:01 PM - 21 October, 2013
If they support it i might change all the Leds to blue. I have tried to sell mine to get the pioneer sp1 but the highest offer i could get on ebay was £35!

And it is mint with the box and loads serato stickers and a case!!!! These denons have no resale value!!

So might just keep it if it gets sdj support.
deejdave 10:56 PM - 21 October, 2013
There is a reason for that resale value thing............... there is also a reason you want the new SP1. You are correct for both your assessments in wanting the SP1 and keeping the Denon. Luckily for me the Kontrol X1's have a very high resale value. They still sell for $100-$150 used which is a little less than the Denon costs new at this point. I had an extra unit that I sold about 3 weeks ago but i plan on keeping the last two units for the same reason. The Denon will always be a good SSL controller but the dedicated controls it lacked for SSL are multiplied for SDJ.

Let's be fair and say this all comes down to preference. Some are happy with certain devices others need more. What works for you may not work for others. In the end just be happy that the outlook seems positive and it seems you will get the Denon HC-1000s after all for Serato DJ. I am not sure how you will access some of the features that MUST be controlled externally (such as the beat slicer) but maybe it can be figured out.
Mr Wilks 1:53 AM - 22 October, 2013
Quote:
If they support it i might change all the Leds to blue. I have tried to sell mine to get the pioneer sp1 but the highest offer i could get on ebay was £35!

And it is mint with the box and loads serato stickers and a case!!!! These denons have no resale value!!

So might just keep it if it gets sdj support.

I looked at replacing mine last year as one or two buttons don't work properly but as I had the Dicers/Twitch/APC40/2x Launchpads I decided I was crazy to replace it.

The funny thing is that I still miss the Denon and would like another. I scouted eBay but found them going for £70. I may try and sort out the buttons with contact cleaner but if I get no joy I may look for another.
deejdave 2:18 AM - 22 October, 2013
Why not get yourself a replacement unit that is being sold for parts. The vast majority are sold because of circuitry issues or similar. This would mean most physical parts should still be working. i have seen them going as low as $10 USD so this could surely be a solution for you.

$10 www.ebay.com

$13 www.ebay.com
Mr Wilks 2:42 AM - 22 October, 2013
Wow. Cheers on the links deejdave.

I'll consider this closely.
Ragman 5:30 AM - 22 October, 2013
Denon DN-HC1000 with SDJ support = size 13 foot in a size 12 shoe. You might get it on but in the long run it won't feel comfortable.

What I really find odd is that Denon has not come out with a big time controller for SDJ to compete with the DDJ-SX, VCI380 or NS7II.
deejdave 5:35 AM - 22 October, 2013
I agree. I was thinking about this the other day. i fear the worst for Denon TBH. Sad too because I loved my DN-S1000's and thought my S-3500's were the best looking players I ever had. I don't use Denon anymore but I sure do hope this is not the case.
DJ Trice 9:33 AM - 22 October, 2013
Quote:
NOW to say the HC1000 is the best companion for SSL but then say I will never buy a mini (when you probably meant to say (midi) means you are limiting yourself.

Sorry for my english (i'm from france). When i say a mini controller, i mean a secondary controller to midi map on the software (SDJ, SSL...) This secondary device is only uses to navigate on the software option (for example, you cannot open/close crates and sub-crates from Pioneer CDJ 900 or 2000, with the HC1000 i can do it.
When i gig with my pair of technics, my best companion still the HC1000.
I can also control SP6 & DJ FX from this HC1000. I use it since 2010 when i use SSL.
With my NS6 i was on Itch (ns6 sold and i'm waiting for my NS7ii). I'm waiting for native support of hc1000 on SDJ, i will be able to use it with my SL4 and Technics.

That's why i say that: whatever the configuration than i use, i will never spend a lot of money for DDJ SP1. I can gig without slicer...for the rest... hc1000 already got it since a few years.
deejdave 7:57 PM - 22 October, 2013
Quote:
(for example, you cannot open/close crates and sub-crates from Pioneer CDJ 900 or 2000, with the HC1000 i can do it.

This is an error as they are supposed to be able to and Serato is working on it. BTW But I do understand what you are saying.

This is great news for you then as Serato WILL in fact be adding it to the list for SDJ!!
DJ Kent H 9:17 AM - 3 December, 2013
I too would like to see the Denon DN HC1000 supported in Feb.(or anytime) when SL boxes can use Serato DJ.
Mr Wilks 12:26 PM - 4 December, 2013
Quote:
I too would like to see the Denon DN HC1000 supported in Feb.(or anytime) when SL boxes can use Serato DJ.

It's been confirmed as coming for months now and will arrive in 1.6 (so not long to go).
msoultan 1:47 AM - 15 December, 2013
Yay.. I've got my HC-1000 and I love it!
djCanta 9:56 PM - 15 December, 2013
at the moment I'm still using Scratch Live on my gigs with "The Brick" as I call my HC1000S controller. Can't wait till the moment I can use my SL3 with Serato DJ software and my DDJ-SP1.

@MSOULTAN -- Did you mapped your HC1000S with Serato DJ software?
msoultan 9:57 PM - 15 December, 2013
I still have an SL1 so I'm stuff with ScratchLive for the time-being. I'm gonna see how things pan out in the coming years as I also have a set of CDJ900s and I'm praying Serato supports those in HID with DJ
djCanta 11:34 AM - 16 December, 2013
I'm also waiting for the CDJ900 support in Serato DJ because one of my resident club's has got CDJ900's.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:10 PM - 16 December, 2013
Quote:
I'm also waiting for the CDJ900 support in Serato DJ because one of my resident club's has got CDJ900's.

Get +1ing here then ---> serato.com
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:13 PM - 18 December, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

It's been confirmed as coming for months now and will arrive in 1.6 (so not long to go).

Didnt happen and now cant seem to find any info on the denon being supported. Hmmmm
DJ Kent H 2:16 AM - 19 December, 2013
I guess even if its not supported, I could try to midi map my HC1000 for SDJ?
That or just stay with SSL....
Kristian Valdini 6:13 PM - 20 December, 2013
Quote:
Nice. Save yourself a crap load of time................... Get the SSL/Traktor Database importer over at N.I. (which is free) then convert your librry to Traktor.

Trying this out and for some reason I cannot find the exported .nml folder anywhere... do you know where the default location is for this?

K
Dj Murphy (Glasgow) 11:48 PM - 21 December, 2013
Quote:
I guess even if its not supported, I could try to midi map my HC1000 for SDJ?
That or just stay with SSL....

I tried this and its easy enough to map most of the buttons, however does anyone know how to map the loop knobs for turning left or right? I could set the press down of the knob but couldn't get a turn to be recognised as a function.
dj sartzetakis 8:41 PM - 19 January, 2014
DJ MURPHY

add this keys to midi key converter...

KEY ACTION
ctrl- L Locate the current track. This will highlight the track you most recently loaded.
Pressing ctrl - L again will alternate between the tracks recently loaded on both decks.
ctrl - R Reveal - the highlighted song is opened in a file browser.
ctrl - F Find - moves the cursor to the search box.
ctrl - A Select all.
ctrl - E Edit text.
ctrl - Z Undo last track load.
ctrl - P Add tracks to the prepare window.
ctrl - O Open the track in your default MP3/WAV/OGG/AIF player.
tab Alternate focus between crates or songs.
ctrl - del and

ctrl - backspace

Remove track from library, remove track from crate, delete crate (does not delete the file).
alt - del and
alt - backspace Remove track from crate and from library.
Esc Clear search string if searching, or exit Serato DJ Intro
Tab Keyboard focus forwards between panels
Shift - Tab Keyboard focus backwards between panels
Space
Tap BPM

Alt - Space Tap BPM (switch between decks)
LEFT DECK

ACTION RIGHT DECK
ctrl - Left Load the highlighted song to a deck. ctrl - Right or shift - Right
ctrl - shift -left Load the track currently on one deck onto the other deck as well. ctrl - shift - Right
shift - alt - left Unload the track from a deck ctrl - alt - Right
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Jump to cue points in track (rel and int modes) 6, 7, 8, 9, 0
F5 Key lock on / off F10
Q Play / pause reverse A
W Play / pause forward S
T Bend down (rel and int modes) G
Y Bend up (rel and int modes) H
U Censor (rel and int modes) J
I Go to temporary cue point (rel and int modes) K
O Set / adjust loop in-point L
P Set / adjust loop out-point ;
[ Loop on / off
] Jump to selected loop ctrl - '
alt - Q Previous Track alt - A
alt - W Next Track alt - S
alt - E Rewind (rel and int modes) alt - D
alt - R Fast forward (rel and int modes) alt - F
alt - O Previous loop alt - P
alt - L Next loop alt - ;
ctrl - I Set temporary cue point (rel and int modes ctrl - K
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:44 PM - 19 January, 2014
Denon DNHC1000s Is now supported in SDJ 1.6.0 Released Sometime in Feb 2014.

The 1.6.0BETA Is out now!
DJ Kent H 8:15 AM - 20 January, 2014
Quote:
Denon DNHC1000s Is now supported in SDJ 1.6.0 Released Sometime in Feb 2014.

The 1.6.0BETA Is out now!

Where did you get this info? I see nothing on the Serato main page about this....
DJ Trice 8:47 AM - 20 January, 2014
DJ Kent H: you have to be connected on the site to view the beta test area
deejdave 10:08 PM - 20 January, 2014
It is not on the Serato main page. That is why. All you have to do is look around here and you hear everyone talking about it but honestly I always thought there should be some sort of notification on the main page as well.

serato.com Make sure you select the most recent build EG at the bottom.
DJ Nexus2000 1:07 AM - 21 January, 2014
I can't wait for Denon DJ 1000 support!
deejdave 1:17 AM - 21 January, 2014
Not sure what to say there......... If you are saying the headphones they work with everything. If you are saying the CD player it will never happen as it doesn't even have USB ports. If you are talking about the controller (which I hope you aren't at this point) LIKE WE SAID it already is. As in THE WAIT IS OVER. As in you can get it now. As in if you download the 1.6 beta you can use that controller with Serato DJ this very moment.

BTW today's date is Jan 20th 2014 and again the Denon HC-1000s controller can be used with Serato DJ via the Serato DJ 1.6 Beta right now.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:14 AM - 21 January, 2014
i like how the sp-6 buttons now half light up so you know you are in sp-6 mode!!
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:18 AM - 21 January, 2014
Also like mine now its in SDJ colours! i190.photobucket.com
seventhsamurai 2:53 PM - 23 January, 2014
Forgive my ignorance here, but has anyone been able to MIDI map the pitch slider to the knob or any of the buttons on the Denon HC1000s? If so, was it easy to do, and how do you like it?

I'm considering getting one, and mostly run Internal mode.

Thanks in advance!
deejdave 9:40 PM - 23 January, 2014
Why midi map it? Why not try it with the 1.6 beta where it is officially supported?
Dj Abril 1:23 AM - 24 January, 2014
Very poor native mapping, it looks like it was done just because of users requests, and not take consideration the controller capabilities.
Serato if you decided to bring the DN-HC1000S to SDJ world, why not use the controller full capabilities.
The DN-HC1000S has 4 layers.
The 1st is already used, but there still others 3 layers available, and it can be used for more functionalities.
For example, the 2nd layer could be used to ROOLL, the 3rd could be used for SLIDER, The 4th could be used for FX.
Guys what do you think about it?
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:49 AM - 24 January, 2014
Lol its mapped same as ssl what u chatting
seventhsamurai 6:37 AM - 24 January, 2014
Thanks for replying. Still not clear on the success of controlling the pitch slider using the Denon Hc 1000s. Can this be done using layer 2-4?
Dj Abril 8:48 AM - 24 January, 2014
LJ_Woolsey, The SDJ is very far away compared to SSL, the SDJ has more functionality, therefore make so sense when you say (Lol its mapped same as ssl what u chatting).

This forum does not has post edit, I meant to say SLICER and not SLIDER.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:48 PM - 24 January, 2014
But it would be a mess how would the slicer work on the denon? Sorry but your idea is just stupid! What you need is the pioneer sp-1

The denon does what it says on the buttons. It would totally confuse ppl if it did loads randum stuff on buttons that no one would have a clue.
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:48 PM - 24 January, 2014
Quote:
Thanks for replying. Still not clear on the success of controlling the pitch slider using the Denon Hc 1000s. Can this be done using layer 2-4?

Sorry no idea i have not tried.
deejdave 6:39 PM - 24 January, 2014
Yeah the DDJ-SP1 is capable of what you are looking for. I don't think the 1000 is.
seventhsamurai 9:22 PM - 24 January, 2014
thanks deejdave! that's too bad, was looking for an easily portable, discreet solution to running internal. i guess i'll continue to paw at my keyboard in the meantime.
Dj Abril 12:37 AM - 25 January, 2014
STUPID IDEA!!! Ok cool
By the way I do own the ddj-sp1.
timtucker 8:07 AM - 1 February, 2014
Quote:
Yeah the DDJ-SP1 is capable of what you are looking for. I don't think the 1000 is.

Just picked up a 1000S for a steal, but sadly I can't map the encoders to do anything useful yet. The MIDI mapping in SDJ has a long way to go before it matches the functionality that exists in SSL. But hey, I paid about 10% the cost of the SP1 and even with only layer 1 working it is worth more than I paid for it. I'd say grab one if the price is right.

TT
deejdave 9:57 PM - 1 February, 2014
If the price is right absolutely. Some features seem too advanced for the x1's let alone the 1000's as performance pads are key in Serato DJ.
wlibdon 4:24 AM - 3 March, 2014
SERATO DO YOU HEAR US
LJ_WOOLSEY 10:22 AM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
SERATO DO YOU HEAR US

DENON HC1000s is an supported accessory in Serato DJ 1.6.0
Daniel Ventura 12:05 PM - 3 March, 2014
hc1000s support is total crap, not really usable under sdj 1.6 :-(
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:20 PM - 3 March, 2014
Its the same as in ssl apart from they added the leds to dim when you select the sp6 mode. So they have improved it.

What is not working for you??
Mr Wilks 1:38 PM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
Its the same as in ssl apart from they added the leds to dim when you select the sp6 mode. So they have improved it.quote]

They have? I've not plugged mine into SDJ yet to check it all out and always wanted this in SSL. They took their time (about four years!).
Mr Wilks 1:38 PM - 3 March, 2014
Oops... quote fail.
Daniel Ventura 1:38 PM - 3 March, 2014
whish it was so...
cue Points are not lighting up correctly, Loop is not lighting up correctly etc.
under ssl it works fine since releasedate of this device.
not usable with sdj.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:42 PM - 3 March, 2014
Mine works 100% fine.

In sdj there is the loop select bug at the moment but that is on all controllers.

The way loop in/out lights light up is the same on all sdj hardware.

It really works exactly the same. Just the bonus of the sp6 cue leds coming on 50% brightness for loaded samples.
Mr Wilks 1:44 PM - 3 March, 2014
Quote:
whish it was so...
cue Points are not lighting up correctly, Loop is not lighting up correctly etc.
under ssl it works fine since releasedate of this device.
not usable with sdj.

Ahhh. Sounds like a pain then.
Daniel Ventura 1:44 PM - 3 March, 2014
don't know bout the Loop bug, but the cue Points aren't working correctly sometimes they are lighting up sometimes not, under ssl all fine.
im working on Windows.
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:44 PM - 3 March, 2014
Love mine with sdj but yes there is some bugs in sdj that need sorting.

i190.photobucket.com
Daniel Ventura 1:47 PM - 3 March, 2014
i love my hc1000s too (since many years now) but the bugs with this device are stopping me to use sdj in a live Environment since i use the hc really excessive to control ssl without touching the Laptop or starring too often on it.
under Traktor the hc is working fine as in ssl :-)
Daniel Ventura 1:48 PM - 3 March, 2014
btw: really nice led mod!!!
dj-freestyle 4:27 PM - 3 March, 2014
For guys with issue with 1000 label your midi file as old in serato folder with serato dj closed and re-open and should fix your issues. works same at scratch live.
Dokumentary 4:36 AM - 4 March, 2014
Quote:
For guys with issue with 1000 label your midi file as old in serato folder with serato dj closed and re-open and should fix your issues. works same at scratch live.

Can you elaborate on this please?
dj-freestyle 4:26 PM - 4 March, 2014
Yes. On your hard drive is your serato folder with folders lables crates, sub crates, midi, and more stuff. The one labled midi re label midi_old with program closed and re open it. its will create a new midi folder and for me it solved my issues. make sense?
wlibdon 2:23 AM - 5 March, 2014
I think with the extra cue points ( 8 ) Denon only has ( 5 ) thats may have some thing to do with soft wear issue and it will never work 100% right DAMM, DAMM, DAMM, DAMM,
dj-freestyle 6:43 PM - 5 March, 2014
Mine works 1000 percent so maybe just need to fix issue
wlibdon 3:55 AM - 6 March, 2014
YO WHAT DO YOU HAVE ? I HAVE MACBOOK PRO AND WHAT DID YOU DO
wlibdon 3:57 AM - 6 March, 2014
I JUST READ WHAT YOU DID I WILL TRY IT
938MyDJ 4:52 AM - 6 March, 2014
Mine works perfectly without even doing any midi-file/folder change.
I have only tested it the in the default (midi-page 1) though, running with my SP1 at the same time.

I will be mapping the page 2 soon (for CDJ2000Nexus CUEs 4 to 8, loops, etc.).
This is where the issues mostly occured on all beta versions.

I just hope it will keep up.
938MyDJ 3:05 PM - 6 March, 2014
Sorry, I meant "will map page 4" on my post above.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:11 PM - 6 March, 2014
Well mapping is not fully availible in sdj but thats thats the denon hc1000s fault no controller can midi map only some very basic controlls. And there is no midi out so the buttons wont light up but even with scratchlive supported accessories can not have the other layers buttons light up.
dj-freestyle 4:03 PM - 6 March, 2014
The buttons do light up on first page so at least cues light up.
LJ_WOOLSEY 4:08 PM - 6 March, 2014
Yes im talking custom mapping for the other layers
dj-freestyle 4:08 PM - 6 March, 2014
Figured all good.
Daniel Ventura 5:38 PM - 6 March, 2014
@lj why is this denons fault? in Traktor i can map all layers with midi-out light up :-)
dj-freestyle 5:40 PM - 6 March, 2014
i think he meant not denons fault
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:44 PM - 6 March, 2014
ya it's serato Nothing todo with denon they just make the hardware Serato maps the controls.
Daniel Ventura 8:47 PM - 6 March, 2014
ah ok, sorry for misunderstanding :-)
938MyDJ 8:02 PM - 8 March, 2014
Just coming back to report on my testing for this unit...

The issue found in beta is still unresolved in 1.6

It's only the default-page 1 that works.
Don't even try going to the pages 2-3-4 or else page 1 will be messed up.
(I found a post about the workaround for this somewhere here but I won't even go that route)

: (