Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Petition for unofficial support of Mix Emergency in Serato DJ

Code:E 5:38 AM - 5 September, 2013
This was going to start one way or another. So lets get it started now.

Some will ask the ME be officially supported by Serato DJ. I think we should stop and look at what we are asking 1st and what we really need from both company's. We are asking one company (serato) to support another company's (inklen) product at their(serato's) expense. But do we really need that? Serato has been very accommodating to us ME users and I thank them for that, Inklen has always been able to produce a quality product without direct support (as far as I know & what's publicly aware).

So why don't we ask for something slightly more obtainable.

Serato I ask that you allow Inklen's Mix Emergency to function without the for the current hack. Provide no more support than what you have for Serato Scratch Live and allow us, Video DJ's and Pro users around the world, to decide which program we find suits out style and workflow the best.

And if not, buy out inklen, hire its CEO and create a Serato Video Intro and Pro (mac only).

If you agree please leave a comment, but not a nasty one, I would really like this conversion to stay civil.
DJMark 5:43 AM - 5 September, 2013
Yep.
skinnyguy 7:06 AM - 5 September, 2013
i'll take ME with serato DJ any way i can. hack, unofficial support (as with ssl), or as an official 3rd party plug-in.

even if i have to pay another licensing fee.
DJ Unique 7:16 AM - 5 September, 2013
Yes
Maskrider 7:35 AM - 5 September, 2013
Hells Yeah
Culprit 10:58 AM - 5 September, 2013
Agreed
VJ Justin Allen 11:52 AM - 5 September, 2013
Agreed.
dj-dave-d 12:22 PM - 5 September, 2013
agreed
VJ Justin Allen 12:56 PM - 5 September, 2013
Was just thinking you should change the title from unofficial to official. Let's put some finality to this issue. Serato has embraced the plug-in option...let's just add this one as well.
Millz 1:17 PM - 5 September, 2013
damn yall dont waste any time
lvmez 2:39 PM - 5 September, 2013
I sold my DDJSX just because I didn't like the ME/Serato DJ hack. I had a few crashes at gigs. That's all it took.
LJ_WOOLSEY 3:00 PM - 5 September, 2013
lol yes defo +1
Millz 3:06 PM - 5 September, 2013
Thats crazy, I have not had any problems with it.
phatbob 3:32 PM - 5 September, 2013
Whether the hack works or not, it's still a hack, I'd much prefer something official.

So I'm a definite +1 for asking Serato and Inklen, very nicely, to please just thrash out a deal like the current one with Scratch Live, and in doing so, make us all happy people.

Whilst at the same time, working on lots of new and improved features for Serato Video, because competition is good, and Wintel users need love too.
djpuma_gemini 4:31 PM - 5 September, 2013
Give them time to finalise serato dj for the current mixers we have now.
Stick with what you're using and you'll be fine.
Damn software nor mixers aren't even out yet.
slimmjimm 5:16 PM - 5 September, 2013
I would like this to eventually work, I won't be an early adopter, but I do see the need to move in the future.

Izotope effects are now able to be added upon for a fee, to me, this is pretty close to a plugin, use the same model, and give us ME, then take my money.
Joshua Carl 6:46 PM - 5 September, 2013
I think they had to know this question was coming. Im hoping for a positive response.

they said recently a new beta is in the works, and the new Pioneer EFX unit has didcated video controls.

so It might be a matter of how vested they are in Video
we did go over a year without a peep, after all the codswallup about more, and faster updates after the rebuild.

I really hope they do, and obviously from a tech aspect we know its possible.
djcrap 9:02 PM - 5 September, 2013
+1000
Serato please make this as a paid $ 40 plugin for users who already have sv license and $60 for those with out a serato video license.

Note still the user has to buy mix emergency from inklen for $199 but in order for it to work with serato dj the user has to pay 40 or 60 dollars to the serato online store. As an add on
Joshua Carl 2:29 AM - 6 September, 2013
serato.com

not supported, and no plans to support it.

here we go
Eloy Garcia 2:52 AM - 6 September, 2013
I'm going to try to stay positive, but to be honest I saw this coming! We were dealing with this a year ago and here we are again again again! I can't believe that Serato is going to start this crap again with the video DJ's. When Serato takes the time to build a quality high end video software like MixEmergency then I will be satisfied. Where are all the updates that you guys promised for Serato Video we still don't have anything new and mind blowing Serato! Don't make me go to your office and bang on your doors please Serato!
GRiNDBoX 7:49 AM - 6 September, 2013
tsk tsk
Code:E 9:41 AM - 6 September, 2013
Eloy if you are making a trip down there let me know I will join you. Is there a VJ conference this year? Taking down a list with a few thousand signatures might not be a bad idea too.
slimmjimm 12:01 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
serato.com

not supported, and no plans to support it.

here we go

But it never was "supported" it just was, other than the brief lockout. If it plays as is, fine, if I need to take other routes like what needs to be done with DJ now, fine. If no workie period, not fine.

I really would like to buy new hardware, but I don't see a pressing need, especially if things continue in this direction.

Serato, ENABLE PAID THIRD PARTY PLUGINS!! Everyone gets paid, everyone happy.

BTW Josh, even tho I quoted you, I wasn't "comin at you bro". It's just a level of frustration that I'm at now with things. Plus, the more vocal everyone is, the better the outcome.
skinnyguy 1:18 PM - 6 September, 2013
i guess there's always mixvibes.

oh, and vdj.

would be really nice if traktor would work with ME. wouldn't mind trying that out.
Eloy Garcia 5:35 PM - 6 September, 2013
If I go down there I am bring a camera crew and mic so we can interview the guy who things they can fuck us like this on Video Report! Serato is always saying they going hook us up and a year later NOTHING!!!!!! So I am still waiting...
Eloy Garcia 6:09 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Eloy if you are making a trip down there let me know I will join you. Is there a VJ conference this year? Taking down a list with a few thousand signatures might not be a bad idea too.

There will be a video DJ conference in 2014 In Las Vegas... and if Serato dose nothing by Nov. for us ME users yes I will go down there....
DJMisterE 5:10 PM - 7 September, 2013
Why don't you guys come together and create an online petition and get everyone you know to sign it. You'll need over 10,000 though to even get a shred of attention.

The solution is coming though. So don't start freaking out too much
DJ Unique 2:32 AM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Why don't you guys come together and create an online petition and get everyone you know to sign it. You'll need over 10,000 though to even get a shred of attention.

The solution is coming though. So don't start freaking out too much

What is this so-called "solution" that you speak of?
DJMisterE 2:47 AM - 8 September, 2013
If I could tell you don't you think I would have already. Just be patient
DJMark 3:01 AM - 8 September, 2013
Well...aside from "the solution coming", from what Nick writes on the Inklen forum there's at least a glimmer of hope...

More options are always a good thing.
seanbush 3:15 AM - 8 September, 2013
i haven't had any crashes with the hack and the ddi-sx. i'm not upgrading or buying anything else until either my serato video comes up to speed or ME is officially supported. i don't need anything else....
DJMisterE 3:16 AM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Well...aside from "the solution coming", from what Nick writes on the Inklen forum there's at least a glimmer of hope...

More options are always a good thing.

Thanks for the backup! ha ha ha. I hate sitting on the sidelines with the answers and not being able to say much out of respect of privacy from the people who are working hard on these "solutions"

Anyone who knows Nick will tell you he doesn't stay dormant for long when it comes to times like this
nik39 2:51 AM - 10 September, 2013
ME want. No pun intended.
Dj Wunder 12:14 PM - 15 September, 2013
Agreed
Dj Ace 8:04 PM - 15 September, 2013
I am in also...loving ME right now (no pun either)
dj aftashok1 7:11 PM - 20 September, 2013
plus one
JuriV 11:23 AM - 2 October, 2013
+1
benictrs 4:08 PM - 2 October, 2013
+1
Culprit 11:01 PM - 2 October, 2013
plaus juan
djsergioluiz 5:35 AM - 23 October, 2013
+1
SeriousCyrus 9:44 PM - 24 October, 2013
I want an sdk, especially for the mac, mix emergency is wonderful, but i reckon there's lots more that could be done given access to the same data.
I honestly think the progress of serato video is slow because they have to develop for a million and one setups for pc, where as the mac graphics pipeline is simplified and extremely powerful.
Serato have a great opportunity to make their app the centre of new vjs setups, it has many advantages over standalone vj apps with direct access to the tracks instead of a volume input, and it's already ahead of the game with video over traktor,
Apps like me show what can be done, what is possible, serato should embrace it, let developers take their product beyond what serato can imagine.
Henry GQ 3:28 AM - 25 October, 2013
+1
Culprit 7:56 AM - 25 October, 2013
in one ear.. out the other brother.. seriously
LJ_WOOLSEY 1:30 PM - 25 October, 2013
is it just me (no pun intended) or has ME not been updated since December 2012 ?
Hope ME is not falling in the Serato video ways! OR does this just mean nick is working on something big? Hopefully for SDJ.

your thoughts?
phatbob 3:31 PM - 25 October, 2013
Nick from Inklen has been travelling around Europe all summer... I know because I caught up with him here at the BPM show.

He's definitely been working on some cool new stuff, although he wouldn't give me any details, however much vodka I plied him with!
Dj Nyce 3:59 PM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:
is it just me (no pun intended) or has ME not been updated since December 2012 ?
Hope ME is not falling in the Serato video ways! OR does this just mean nick is working on something big? Hopefully for SDJ.

your thoughts?

new stuff is being worked on (:
skinnyguy 6:15 PM - 25 October, 2013
even tho both sides have been stagnant for a while, i do believe inklen will have updates first. if not for sdj, at least for mavericks.
Joshua Carl 6:29 PM - 25 October, 2013
work IS being done behind the scenes, standfast.
Code:E 9:45 PM - 25 October, 2013
Quote:
He's definitely been working on some cool new stuff, although he wouldn't give me any details, however much vodka I plied him with!

Should have tried something stronger.....

Quote:
new stuff is being worked on (:

Quote:
work IS being done behind the scenes, standfast.

Somehow you 2 are in the inner circle of video DJ's who always seem to know what's really going on...

Glad to know it's still getting attention.
tomatoslice 10:03 PM - 25 October, 2013
ME want. pun intended.

but i am in no hurry and can be very patient. i am not going anywhere...cuz the version i use now is still better than anything else (ever)!!
skinnyguy 2:05 PM - 27 October, 2013
.....and a ME update just came out. Woop woop.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:29 PM - 27 October, 2013
looks like some good bug fixes there for people.
LJ_WOOLSEY 2:29 PM - 27 October, 2013
Quote:

Fixed output screen positioning issues (Mac OS X 10.9).
Fixed an issue where some controls on the main MixEmergency window would not respond (Mac OS X 10.9).
Changes to the rendering pipeline to allow effect plug-ins to access image data from both channels.
Added Video Input overlay presets.
Added notifications for FX Sequencer presets.
Fixed an audio recording issue that could case recording to stop for some users.
Fixed a bug that could cause certain MIDI messages to be lost.
Code:E 10:24 PM - 27 October, 2013
Wow. Just like that out of no where. Update with more features. Amazing.
Joshua Carl 6:57 AM - 28 October, 2013
And it's ON SALE through November 16!!
nickythedj 12:40 PM - 28 October, 2013
F... Every one knows Me is better than SL Video
All we do is bitch....
They are going to to do what they want to (Me SL Video)to make there money
What ever comes out with there upgrades
We as Dj's will overcome
I stared with
In the 80's1200's turntables and numark mixer
In the 90' lol I used Technics SL-DZ-1200
CdJ-700
In the 2000
CDJ-1000-CDJMK3
DVJ-1000
F... the list goes on and on
WE AS DJ's Always Step it up
Bring it Rane Pioneer it don't matter I HAVE SKILLS.......And so does every one on this Forum
ral 4:07 PM - 28 October, 2013
+1 me
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:16 PM - 28 October, 2013
Am I really missing out on anything if I don't update ME right now??
Joshua Carl 6:40 PM - 28 October, 2013
^^ which version are you using? It's a free update for those rocking post 2.0
And if your not using post-2.0 YES, are certainly missing out.
Not even on features, but performance alone
Dj Wunder 6:44 PM - 28 October, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Fixed output screen positioning issues (Mac OS X 10.9).
Fixed an issue where some controls on the main MixEmergency window would not respond (Mac OS X 10.9).
Changes to the rendering pipeline to allow effect plug-ins to access image data from both channels.
Added Video Input overlay presets.
Added notifications for FX Sequencer presets.
Fixed an audio recording issue that could case recording to stop for some users.
Fixed a bug that could cause certain MIDI messages to be lost.

Thought for sure SDJ compatibility would be on that list...
the SOUNDINSURGENT 7:39 PM - 28 October, 2013
Quote:
^^ which version are you using? It's a free update for those rocking post 2.0And if your not using post-2.0 YES, are certainly missing out.Not even on features, but performance alone

I'm using 2.2 right now.
Joshua Carl 9:00 PM - 28 October, 2013
Than if your sticking in snow leopard / mountain lion you should be fine. But inklen isn't goin to put out an update that is NOT worth installing.

Quote:

Thought for sure SDJ compatibility would be on that list...

Sadly it's really not up to them.
We all know it's possible/working
the SOUNDINSURGENT 10:26 PM - 28 October, 2013
Word! Well I'm gonna update when I get home.

Thanks for the time and info, most appreciated bro!!
Jamez Brown 10:43 AM - 30 October, 2013
+1
:)
DJ_iMIx 1:01 AM - 31 October, 2013
AGREED. mix emergency is so much better.
benictrs 3:39 PM - 3 November, 2013
+1
DJ Tracktion 7:09 AM - 5 November, 2013
I'm just gonna leave a "yes, please" here for ME to work with Serato DJ.
VJAndrus 7:27 AM - 5 November, 2013
+1
Marine 7:45 PM - 5 November, 2013
+1
WarpNote 12:04 AM - 6 November, 2013
Quote:
Izotope effects are now able to be added upon for a fee, to me, this is pretty close to a plugin, use the same model, and give us ME, then take my money.

+1 ME too, no pun.
I already own SV, and Im guessing most other serious Video DJs does as well.
Just make it so you need to own SV before ME is enabled, and Serato won't lose any revenue at all.
Code:E 3:52 AM - 6 November, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

+1 ME too, no pun.
I already own SV, and Im guessing most other serious Video DJs does as well.
Just make it so you need to own SV before ME is enabled, and Serato won't lose any revenue at all.

I'm fine with that.
Culprit 8:11 AM - 6 November, 2013
me too, as suggested numerous times before.

We know currently the focus is to get everything solid and ready for NAMM 2014 for the preview, and the release for FEB 2014. I think after that we will see some positive progress with the video world.
Henry GQ 8:22 AM - 6 November, 2013
+1 billion

I already own SV, but use ME, however if you could implement the features of ME into SV, this would be great! and not liek in a year.. i mean like now! lol

thnx for listening Serato Team
Serato, Support
Martin C 5:02 AM - 27 December, 2013
Hi guys!

www.inklen.com
Dj Wunder 6:05 AM - 27 December, 2013
Quote:
Hi guys!

www.inklen.com

and this is why I love Serato as a company. Thanks for the tip Martin!
Culprit 12:05 AM - 28 December, 2013
Thank you Serato!!!!
djkurve 1:21 AM - 28 December, 2013
Quote:
Thank you Serato!!!!

Thank you a million times!
nik39 8:38 AM - 29 December, 2013
Quote:
Thank you Serato!!!!

+2014!
Dj Ace 8:50 AM - 29 December, 2013
THANK YOU SERATO!