Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Possible software upgrade to turn DJM-900nxs into DJM-900srt?

deejayjd 1:39 AM - 5 September, 2013
So the new DJM-900srt is what I've been waiting for ever since I really got into djing. Unfortunately, I just bought a djm-900nxs. Is there going to be an upgrade available to make it usable for serato dj?
Laz219 2:07 AM - 5 September, 2013
I would not think so, even though fundamentally I'm sure they are the same hardware- I would think they'd keep them seperate.
Serato, Support
Aaron E 2:27 AM - 5 September, 2013
Laz219 is correct.

Only the DJM900-SRT will work with Serato DJ.

Cheers
CryoStatik 2:39 AM - 5 September, 2013
Oh here's a slightly different soundcard lol
DJ_T!TZ 4:25 AM - 5 September, 2013
gayyyy
Code:E 5:15 AM - 5 September, 2013
But a slightly different sound card thats speced for Serato is what is needed. I have heard so many people complain about the 900's 1st sound card and how it sucked for timecodes with traktor.
DJ Kid Beast 6:18 AM - 5 September, 2013
I literally just ordered a pair of CDJ-2000 Nexus to upgrade from my Pioneer DDJ-SX controller. I'm so glad to hear this announcement from Serato and Pioneer. I'm picking up the DJM-900 SRT the day it comes out to match my new CDJ's!

So the DJM-900 SRT mixer will NOT need a Rane SL interface to control Serato DJ, correct?
pdidy 6:37 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
I literally just ordered a pair of CDJ-2000 Nexus to upgrade from my Pioneer DDJ-SX controller. I'm so glad to hear this announcement from Serato and Pioneer. I'm picking up the DJM-900 SRT the day it comes out to match my new CDJ's!

So the DJM-900 SRT mixer will NOT need a Rane SL interface to control Serato DJ, correct?

Correct, it's built into the mixer. Just plug an play. Done.
DJ Kid Beast 6:40 AM - 5 September, 2013
Thats what I thought, thanks pdidy!
Marvaluss 9:02 AM - 5 September, 2013
Sorry to appear a bit derrrr!

Will I be able to plug my MBP straight into the mixer?
No phono cables required?
If using shortcuts in laptop, then no decks required?

Finally, any idea of cost.

deejdave 9:29 AM - 5 September, 2013
The DJM-900SRT will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $2,799US.

The Pioneer DDJ-SP1 will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $499US.

Straight from Pioneer hence my new profile pic........... OUCH!!
Serato, Support
Aaron E 10:16 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

Yes!
Marvaluss 10:23 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Yes!

Thank you !
DJ_T!TZ 10:46 PM - 6 September, 2013
but if you have a djm 900 nxs and a sl2,sl3,or sl4, you can just wait till febuary and itll work just like the srt, but of course youll have to use your s2-3-4. right?
Code:E 11:34 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
but if you have a djm 900 nxs and a sl2,sl3,or sl4, you can just wait till febuary and itll work just like the srt, but of course youll have to use your s2-3-4. right?

yes
Asu 11:43 PM - 6 September, 2013
The Mixers are gonna be close to $2199 for the Rane and $$2299 for the pioneer...www.agiprodj.com

so 2 CDJs+Mixer = $7000 plus tax and shipping :-)

if not for a club situation...why should i upgrade from the SX....what can't i do for regular Djing?? just mixing and a few scratches....can one easily justify $7K especially for mobile gigs...Clubs we play at usually have gear anyway...

Let's go...
Asu 11:45 PM - 6 September, 2013
SP1 $399 by the way
pdidy 12:20 AM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:
The Mixers are gonna be close to $2199 for the Rane and $$2299 for the pioneer...www.agiprodj.com

if not for a club situation...why should i upgrade from the SX....what can't i do for regular Djing?? just mixing and a few scratches....can one easily justify $7K especially for mobile gigs...Clubs we play at usually have gear anyway...

Let's go...

Nothing a credit card and monthly payments cant fix.....;)
SG SOUNDS 1:26 AM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:

Let's go...

Nothing at all my friend..Keep your SX...Ive made many djs playing along side them using my SX look stupid after i totally rocked a crowd using my SX...Many of them using 62-64 and cdjs......
Asu 5:14 PM - 7 September, 2013
^^ Thought so... :-)

All that gear looks like an SX chopped up lol and sold for parts very expensively lol...

which is superior/more accurate? Noise map or HID? if one uses HID with CDJs...isn't that essentially going back to an SX/controller method? but to each his own i guess :-)
deejdave 5:53 PM - 7 September, 2013
Let's be clear the DDI-sx is amazing and if not doing professionally with a regular large venue club or something important to u at least the srt/nexus/sp1 setup is overkill and not necessary. Although you lose a ton of features you can always purchase the dedicated gear to do so. To each his own.
deejdave 5:54 PM - 7 September, 2013
*ddj-sx
Code:E 7:55 PM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:
which is superior/more accurate? Noise map or HID?

HID

Quote:
isn't that essentially going back to an SX/controller method?

I look at is as going forward since it came out 1st.
DJ_T!TZ 3:24 AM - 9 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

yes

then im not getting the srt haha. save me some mula!!
DJ_T!TZ 3:25 AM - 9 September, 2013
i think its funny how on my ebay feed i could only see ttm57's haha i guess everyone is trying to get rid of them haha!
deejdave 4:13 AM - 9 September, 2013
LOL it's true they are about to be value-less. I was at my local Guitar Center to pre-order SRT (which they are not taking any yet btw) today and they were selling for $350 used. I mean the tag said more but when i brought it up they said I could have it for half that. LMAO SL1 is right there. Everyone has had that moment when they were frustrated about something and called their SL1 a paperweight......................... well a paperweight is about to be more valuable than the SL1. Value aside I say keep the SL1 FOREVER as it is it revolutionized the DJ world and is to DVS what Technics are to TT's. The 57 on the other hand............ they just look/feel old. I mean compared to modern Serato mixers it feels like Fisher Price.
DJ NICKYHUNT 8:26 AM - 3 October, 2013
Hi all, I have the 900 nexus and SL3, will the new SRT be compatible with my SL3 without the box???
deejdave 8:48 AM - 3 October, 2013
Uhhh I think you got confused with wording. The SRT will be compatible with SDJ (not SL3) without the box. I think in this case the SL3 IS the box no? and YES the SRT is compatible with Serato DJ without the SL3.
Asu 12:06 PM - 3 October, 2013
Quote:
Hi all, I have the 900 nexus and SL3, will the new SRT be compatible with my SL3 without the box???

Sell the Nexus right now and the sl3...upgrade to the Rane due to the 2 usb ports...for 2 DJs or SRT....both don't need a box,they are Serato Certified Mixers....remember the RANE has the pads on the mixer too for cue point+more so you won't really need any addons unlike the SRT....but to each his own :-)
deejdave 6:35 PM - 3 October, 2013
SRT = Pioneer FX (Quantized to the beat mind you) & Nexus features which come in handy being the Pioneer's are the ONLY supported players. Put this along with the DDJ-SP1 which bring on PERFORMANCE pads instead of cue buttons as Asu was actually speaking of (LOL). The SRT can be purchased right NOW for only $1899.99 FREE shipping and NO tax. If this sounds good to you let me know ;) Im just playing along Asu haha.
kyle.cheung 3:20 PM - 7 October, 2013
Quote:
SRT = Pioneer FX (Quantized to the beat mind you) & Nexus features which come in handy being the Pioneer's are the ONLY supported players. Put this along with the DDJ-SP1 which bring on PERFORMANCE pads instead of cue buttons as Asu was actually speaking of (LOL). The SRT can be purchased right NOW for only $1899.99 FREE shipping and NO tax. If this sounds good to you let me know ;) Im just playing along Asu haha.

Where can you get the SRT for that cheap?
deejdave 8:12 PM - 7 October, 2013
I just sent you private message with all the info. Make sure it is all CAPS and entered in the correct "Promo Code" box directly prior to checkout.