DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Rane+Serato and Pioneer+Serato Mixer with SeratoDJ+DVS!

nik39 12:13 AM - 5 September, 2013
Watchwww.youtube.com

Rane 64:
serato.com

Pioneer 900SRT
serato.com <

SL2,3,4, TTM61,62,68 support coming in Feb 2014!
skinnyguy 12:18 AM - 5 September, 2013
i'm curious as to what will happen with scratchlive, and more importantly, mixemergency.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:20 AM - 5 September, 2013
Wonder how much these bad boys are gonna set everyone back.........
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:28 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Wonder how much these bad boys are gonna set everyone back.........

ive already begun sawing off my left testicle
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:28 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
i'm curious as to what will happen with scratchlive, and more importantly, mixemergency.

this explains why serato smiled and opened the door for me with sl lol
nik39 12:30 AM - 5 September, 2013
Sam shares some more words:

Watchvimeo.com
FunkyRob 12:36 AM - 5 September, 2013
Fuck Me, my perfectly functioning TTM57SL & SL1 will become paper weights
VJ Justin Allen 12:37 AM - 5 September, 2013
No mention of the controllers working with Serato DJ + DVS. Wonder if you could add turntables with the Pioneer DDJ-SX in the future.
nik39 12:37 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

Why? They will still continue to work.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:37 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:39 AM - 5 September, 2013
fuck me running i had just found a brand new 57 for $800!!!
funkyfresh2012 1:07 AM - 5 September, 2013
hahah wow just wow
funkyfresh2012 1:11 AM - 5 September, 2013
any rane 62 owners a little sadden that their mixer has 5 cue buttons rather than the 4/8 available on the new rane 64 mixer? I wonder how you would use cue 6, 7, & 8 on the rane 62 :P
dj-dave-d 1:13 AM - 5 September, 2013
by buying a ddj-sp1 to go with it ;)
lvmez 1:14 AM - 5 September, 2013
How many cue points do you really need? This will be a good club mixer. I'm happy with sixty-two.
Laz219 1:22 AM - 5 September, 2013
Most of my tracks only have 2-3 cue points set on them anyway.
djkurve 1:23 AM - 5 September, 2013
Calling BS on the 62 not being supported till early 2014.
djkurve 1:23 AM - 5 September, 2013
Also what's everyone think on the price point of each of the new mixers/effects controller?
lvmez 1:26 AM - 5 September, 2013
I can wait until 2014. I'm sure there will be a lot of bugs for serato dj users.
PorkyG 1:26 AM - 5 September, 2013
I'm going with the 64 being either $3499 - $3800
Will08272 1:26 AM - 5 September, 2013
Do you guys think the controllers with live mixer inputs will have support to use cdjs or turntables on them. VCI 380, VCI 400, DDJ SX and others.
monchi 1:29 AM - 5 September, 2013
64, 2,199-
www.agiprodj.com
djkurve 1:31 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
64, 2,199-
www.agiprodj.com

Unreal! $2,199.00!!! Literally the same cost of my 62 when it first came out. *smh*
djkurve 1:31 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
I'm going with the 64 being either $3499 - $3800

I'm calling the Pioneer mixer being more expensive than the Rane.
DJ NORE718 1:35 AM - 5 September, 2013
this is some bull shit. So basically they saying all djs that use ttm57 is shit out of luck?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:36 AM - 5 September, 2013
With addition of the ddjsp1 are they gonna keep the pad effects locked, forcing us to buy on of these?? Would really love to map out the slicer or loop rolls......
Laz219 1:37 AM - 5 September, 2013
Considering for the first time Rane have direct competition in mixers for those wanting an integrated SSL mixer- I'm not surprised the price is relatively cheap.
DJMark 1:39 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
this is some bull shit. So basically they saying all djs that use ttm57 is shit out of luck?

No, they're saying you can continue to use the version of SL that you are now indefinitely.

I don't see anything unreasonable there...the 57 is now over 7 years old. It's also been becoming harder and harder to support the older USB 1.1 hardware with newer computers, adding to support costs and customer problems.
jprime 1:44 AM - 5 September, 2013
I'm happy to get rid of my 57 to be able to use the new software at it's best.

Looking forward to getting my feet wet with this, thanks SO MUCH serato :) Win!
Laz219 1:45 AM - 5 September, 2013
Yep, not like it's going to stop working. It just can't be moved to the new version of software.
PorkyG 1:45 AM - 5 September, 2013
Wow I paid $1,700 for my 62 not that long ago. One word sums this up... FUCK!

Looks like I am going to sell my SL4 and get the 64 in 2014 or 2015 after some serious feedback can be generated on it.
djkurve 1:50 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

YUP!
Laz219 1:53 AM - 5 September, 2013
From Seratos facebook:

Dvj Entice will it play nice with Ableton?
Like · Reply · 54 minutes ago

Serato There's a plan for that at some stage but nothing concrete we are ready to announce.
DJSpeedLV 1:53 AM - 5 September, 2013
serato.com

ummm... where are the usb plugs for the mixer to my laptop.. u know those standard usb printer plugs that we all so commonly use
Laz219 1:54 AM - 5 September, 2013
Next to the mic input
DJSpeedLV 1:57 AM - 5 September, 2013
they really expect us to use that dinky tiny little plug.. lol.. i already know a few clubs that broke it on the 900 nexus
PorkyG 1:58 AM - 5 September, 2013
The only thing i am not liking is Serato DJ doesn't support The Bridge, I am really hoping this is something they do indeed pursue.

I have never touched or read up on Serato DJ, does it stack effects from mixer and software like the 62/68 does in Scratch Live?
Laz219 1:59 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
they really expect us to use that dinky tiny little plug.. lol.. i already know a few clubs that broke it on the 900 nexus

That's the exact same plug the Rane interfaces use?
DJMark 2:16 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

That's the exact same plug the Rane interfaces use?

Yea, same size...that's not the issue to me. Having the USB cord sticking out the top seems like a dumb thing to me.
Laz219 2:20 AM - 5 September, 2013
In a way, but in the case of an installed mixer- it saves people having to mess around at the back of the mixer.
I've seen a lot of clubs put in a lot of work to keep DJs from messing with the wiring at the back of a mixer since DVS came out. More so for RCA changeover (and people pulling wrong cords) but I'm sure they'd prefer the least amount of hands getting behind the mixer ins/outs.
DJMark 2:26 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
In a way, but in the case of an installed mixer- it saves people having to mess around at the back of the mixer.

In installations, I always secure a USB cable to the back of the mixer, and change it out periodically (every six months or so).

That preserves the lifespan of the USB connection on the mixer. They're only rated for a few thousand mating cycles. In a dusty/dirty environment it can be much less in practice.
DJ Reflex 2:27 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Yep, not like it's going to stop working. It just can't be moved to the new version of software.

I don't mind I guess. I still use Video-SL yet. Works just fine for me.
My 57 isn't going away anytime soon. I can still rock a crowd with it and Scratch Live. Updates are great for those who need them and want to do more with their gear, but if you have something that works well already, updates are nothing to wet your pants over.
djkurve 2:28 AM - 5 September, 2013
I was really pulling that this new Pioneer SRT mixer would have two usb ports.

*sigh*
dreamkast 2:29 AM - 5 September, 2013
I don't mind shelling out for a new soundcard/mixer, been using SL1 for yearrrrs.

Few questions.

Sorry for mentioning the evil T word but are you able to have 2 FX units assigned to the same channel at the same time,like you can in Traktor. I like to have an Echo on 1 unit and a Filter setup on the other unit, all assigned to the same deck (mainly when I'm using 1 turntable)

Seen the sample bank can sync now, will you be able to chuck long segments into the sampler like acapellas etc? Just I'd love to be able to drop in time acapellas, backbeats over my other 2 channels like you can in the bridge and Traktor.
Laz219 2:31 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

*sigh*

Would've been nice but as far as I can tell- it's basically a DJM900NXS with a few style tweaks and I guess different drivers.
dj_soo 2:41 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

tell me how well your 7 year old laptop runs the latest versions of software?

You're lucky that *any* tech company out there put in the effort to ensure their 7 and 9 year old gear could still run the latest versions of software. This is only good news for Serato users as it's obvious they're committed to ensure backwards compatibility for a long time.

And as mentioned, you can still use you 57 - it's not like once Serato DJ releases your mixer will self-destruct.
DJ Reflex 2:43 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
And as mentioned, you can still use you 57 - it's not like once Serato DJ releases your mixer will self-destruct.

Is that a new feature in Serato DJ?
djkurve 2:48 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Is that a new feature in Serato DJ?

lolz!
djkurve 4:08 AM - 5 September, 2013
So here's my gripe. Why do we (the owners of a 61, 62, 68, SL2, SL3, and SL4) have to wait till December to at least try the public beta of Serato DJ with our hardware? Aren't the soundcards the same in the 64/900 SRT as the ones in the 62, 68, and SL4?

I'm just confused that the 64/900SRT are going to be fully supported right out of the gate with a brand new (stable) version of Serato DJ 1.5. and all the DVS users with a 61, 62, 68, SL2, SL3, and SL4 won't get a crack at it until the 1.6 Beta version comes out in December. Can someone from Serato explain this to me?

Also are controllers that are compatible with Serato DJ getting the 1.5 update in October?
Will08272 4:20 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
So here's my gripe. Why do we (the owners of a 61, 62, 68, SL2, SL3, and SL4) have to wait till December to at least try the public beta of Serato DJ with our hardware? Aren't the soundcards the same in the 64/900 SRT as the ones in the 62, 68, and SL4?

I'm just confused that the 64/900SRT are going to be fully supported right out of the gate with a brand new (stable) version of Serato DJ 1.5. and all the DVS users with a 61, 62, 68, SL2, SL3, and SL4 won't get a crack at it until the 1.6 Beta version comes out in December. Can someone from Serato explain this to me?

Also are controllers that are compatible with Serato DJ getting the 1.5 update in October?

Accoriding to the hardware page where it shows whats compatible with what, only SDJ compatibility is shown for the 64, so it may be a maybe a new sound card or different drivers. Well see what happens when it's released.
djkurve 4:24 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Accoriding to the hardware page where it shows whats compatible with what, only SDJ compatibility is shown for the 64, so it may be a maybe a new sound card or different drivers. Well see what happens when it's released.

I can't wait till it's released...Want/need answers now. lol! I'm impatient.
DJMark 4:26 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
I'm just confused that the 64/900SRT are going to be fully supported right out of the gate with a brand new (stable) version of Serato DJ 1.5. and all the DVS users with a 61, 62, 68, SL2, SL3, and SL4 won't get a crack at it until the 1.6 Beta version comes out in December.

I think I can explain that. At times in the past there have been versions of Scratch Live that were written to support a new SL device or SL-enabled mixer, but not recommended for other (older) devices. Then later on another SL version came out that was recommended for everything.

Testing/debugging software/hardware takes a lot of time, so it makes sense that they're putting the serious effort into getting the new version solid on the new hardware first...then expanding the testing/debugging to support the other hardware.
eugguy 4:32 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

It'll force more people to buy the sl64/900srt. The new mixer will be enough to spread word on the streets that SSL is transforming and merging into Serato DJ.

(SSL transforming into Serato DJ is like a hot model who thinks she isn't pretty and plastic enough to keep up with the competition and needs to get surgical enhancement. She'll tease us and show us her tits for a few months and then in a few months we will have the opportunity to see her fully naked ready to bang.)

After a stir is caused, all of us will be comfortable using Serato DJ and the only thing we will be Scratching Live is the hairless patch next to our grundles.
Will08272 4:54 AM - 5 September, 2013
Not sure if it makes a difference but you guys think with the 64 being a SDJ mixer explains why it's priced the way it is, Way cheaper then the 68 and not much more expensive then the 62. Maybe there could be a little price drop on the 62 or maybe an updated 62 since the 64 pretty much replaces the 68.
Will08272 4:57 AM - 5 September, 2013
Just check thought the 62 was 2100 for some reason, either way maybe there will be an updated 62 with the 4 cues and other SDJ buttons.
DJMark 4:59 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Not sure if it makes a difference but you guys think with the 64 being a SDJ mixer explains why it's priced the way it is, Way cheaper then the 68 and not much more expensive then the 62.

Where are you seeing the prices?
dj_soo 5:03 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

Yea it sucks - us Itch controller owners that had to wait anywhere from 3 to 8 months to get DJ support. Personally I don't care that much - I still prefer Scratchlive to DJ at the moment, but I'm sure some new features will change that feeling sooner or later...
Code:E 5:07 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
With addition of the ddjsp1 are they gonna keep the pad effects locked, forcing us to buy on of these?? Would really love to map out the slicer or loop rolls......

So would I. I hope with the new controller they open up those midi mapping options. But if not I will be selling my MPD32 and buying that along with the new DJM900.

Quote:
Would've been nice but as far as I can tell- it's basically a DJM900NXS with a few style tweaks and I guess different drivers.

I would say the same.
Maskrider 5:13 AM - 5 September, 2013
What Serato is really saying is Upgrade your obsolete dj gears.
Code:E 5:43 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

please do.

I dont know why anyone would complain. SL1's and TTM57s are USB1.1 devices. Nothing is usb 1.1 anymore. plus they sound like crap so after 10 years of support I think it is a fine move.
Tom W 8:09 AM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

Yes whats the GO when it comes to M.E??
Asu 12:31 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

It's really simple...they want to give these new mixers a head start...so if you have a 57 or SL1...this is where you upgrade...get rid of that old clunky usb 1.1 gear...or at least get some of the usb 2.0 gear and wait till 2014.

we complain that the updates take forever but....how is serato going to make money for R&D and other improvements if i wanna keep my 57 and SL1 for 10years+...upgrade...upgrade...newer gear puts out solid sound too.
Chrisjin 12:42 PM - 5 September, 2013
I am so glad I caught all this new info before I ordered the 62.
Free Man 1:08 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

please do.

I dont know why anyone would complain. SL1's and TTM57s are USB1.1 devices. Nothing is usb 1.1 anymore. plus they sound like crap so after 10 years of support I think it is a fine move.

I thought it was odd when they used the 1.1 in the begining... That should have been one of the first upgrades they did to the 57. I dont know why they never did.
Joee 1:17 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
How many cue points do you really need? This will be a good club mixer. I'm happy with sixty-two.

this right here, the 62 is just fine buy me no need for a pio or 64 i already have four deck mixing right here

[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
and whats up with this mixer? does it have a serato sound card? don't see a usb
serato.com
Will08272 1:26 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

this right here, the 62 is just fine buy me no need for a pio or 64 i already have four deck mixing right here

[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
serato.com

The usb port is on the top right
Dj Nyce 1:47 PM - 5 September, 2013
62 is a better mixer than the 64 to me for the following reason. i don't need slip or sync buttons. a centered fader section is logical on a mixer. and i don't have to switch between 3 functions with only 1 set of buttons.

on the 62 auto/manual loops is separate from cue/sp-6. on the 64 and 68 one group of buttons control all of that so you have to constantly switch between 3 different functions.

64 is only an option if you need 4 channels or dedicated sync/slip buttons.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:58 PM - 5 September, 2013
Yup layers suck......
Dj Koppa Top 2:35 PM - 5 September, 2013
adding controller support to ScratchLive would've been the shit. But hey this was bound to happen sooner or later. Love my SL1 but been thinking about upgrading just don't know which direction to go because everything changes so fast it's hard to stay up to date and invest in something that last you 10 years (SL1). Which BTW works great as my Ableton sound card *smile*...... #ScratchON
Chrisjin 2:45 PM - 5 September, 2013
Dj Nyce makes a good point. So maybe the 62 is the better pick
Joee 3:15 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[IMG]imageshack.us[/IMG]
serato.com

The usb port is on the top right

i'm blind ,i don't see it all i see is a midi and a ethernet port
ral 3:19 PM - 5 September, 2013
djm 900 srt
Watchwww.youtube.com
Joee 3:22 PM - 5 September, 2013
ahhh, i see the usb
Joee 3:29 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
djm 900 srt
Watchwww.youtube.com

now dj's will have a choice and won't be forced to buy a rane mixe if they want a built in sound card

rane's monopoly with mixers and serato is over, there will be dived in the dj word as the pioneer fan boys say we have the best mixer & vice versa for rane fan boys

i still like rane, but it's going to be interesting
djcrap 3:37 PM - 5 September, 2013
My only worry is that serato dj has issues with large libraries it crashes. So why would serato try to down grade scratchlive uses who enjoy the headache free software that can handle large libraries into this mess of 1.5 serato dj

This is like a huge step backwards!
Will08272 3:45 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
My only worry is that serato dj has issues with large libraries it crashes. So why would serato try to down grade scratchlive uses who enjoy the headache free software that can handle large libraries into this mess of 1.5 serato dj

Someone explained in another thread why the issue happens, having taken some programming classes im sure its something that could be fixed quickly, not sure of how bad the problem is as we dont have access to the programming code, but with there being only one program now to focus one things wil be easier and quicker to take care of.
ral 3:47 PM - 5 September, 2013
my issue with serato dj is, it crashed on me on a wedding (party dance time)
serato.com
and issue is still unresolved

scratch live, from sl1/57/62, no issues
Will08272 4:02 PM - 5 September, 2013
Also i learned from the class that when making apps or computer programs supporting older or lower spec machines is somewhat of a pain, not sure how many people are working on the serato dj at any point in time, but it may not be easy to deal with computers upgrading at a lightning pace, unreleased hardware which no one knows whether issues will come until its widely available. Or big OS changes from either Microsoft or apple that may break something in certain programs. Im sure by next year when the SL2, 3 ect get official support, SDJ will be alot smoother as they have only have to focus on just it.
Dj Nyce 4:02 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Someone explained in another thread why the issue happens, having taken some programming classes im sure its something that could be fixed quickly, not sure of how bad the problem is as we dont have access to the programming code, but with there being only one program now to focus one things wil be easier and quicker to take care of.

i've been riding with serato long enough to know how they roll. this issue won't be fixed for some time. the sole purpose of 1.5 is to introduce new hardware. feature additions, bugs pushed to the back burner. look at serato video as an example. completely rewritten to speed up development. when was the last update?

it's not an issue for me as i have 65k strong loading in sdj no problem. but there are going to be alot of unhappy campers after they drop the dough for a 64 or pio srt if it's not fixed by q4 2013.
Will08272 4:13 PM - 5 September, 2013
Wonder whats gonna happen when OSX mavericks is released whether its tuesday or little after. Hopefully scratch live and dj work okay.
nik39 4:16 PM - 5 September, 2013
If not.. give them some time. It's not that someone needs to have Mavericks on his gigging machine *right now*
Dj Knockout101 4:21 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
any rane 62 owners a little sadden that their mixer has 5 cue buttons rather than the 4/8 available on the new rane 64 mixer? I wonder how you would use cue 6, 7, & 8 on the rane 62 :P

That's a little easy fix. Midi map the four cue point on pads 1-4, the fifth cue point button to toggle to the other four if it's that important to have eight. Just like the button in the center to toggle between the sample and loop.

Quote:

I doubt it. The Rane 62 is their money maker.

Ultimately I just don't understand the gripe that some people have. The software is free. You pay for the hardware, which can be used with any DJ application really. If you don't like it go to Traktor or just don't upgrade. It's not like they are saying "We are going to remove ScratchLive from everybodys machine and replace it with Serato DJ. You have no choice." I say it been time for a change. The DJ world is changing. Only thing I am pissed about is that damn sync button. They better have a check box in the settings section like they do for the sample player, video, etc.

The 57 is a old mixer. I don't understand how people ever liked it. I got a 57 virtually still brand new that I only used a couple times, because I never liked it.

People on these forums complained about the sync button, faster speeds with their sound card, updates, etc. Serato addressed them all weather everybody liked it or not with this move. The goal was to make everyone happy with the available optionss.
DJ Matty Stiles 6:22 PM - 5 September, 2013
^ I hope this thread doesn't turn into a sync debate

Changing the subject... I'm a little pissed off that I just saved up to buy the 62 a few months back. And now I see this...
phonze 6:24 PM - 5 September, 2013
Save? Forget that. Charge it to your credit card and spend above your limits. That's how it's done!
Chrisjin 6:27 PM - 5 September, 2013
I think Im going to buy the 62 instead now after going sifting through this and other reviews
Joee 6:32 PM - 5 September, 2013
if you don't need four decks, you don't need a 64, 62 is the way to go

how are you going to preform on the 64 if you a skratch dj them faders are to close
skinnyguy 6:48 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

Quote:

I doubt it. The Rane 62 is their money maker.

actually, anything that unlocks a serato program (SSL/DJ/INTRO) is their money maker....

but you could say the 62 is RANE's money maker....
Taipanic 7:43 PM - 5 September, 2013
Definitely looking forward to trying out the 64. I'm a 4 ch. mixer guy who was never really feeling the 68. I'm still hoping Rane or Denon make that spinning platter controller I've been whining for - that would save me some cash for sure! Can't really justify a new 64, Denon 3900s & a controller... especially when all my current gear works perfectly fine. The DJ's dilemma - too much new gear, not enough cash!
(NH/NM)
Djaward 8:36 PM - 5 September, 2013
I own a 57 and I feel like I have to sell to upgrade.

What way to go is my only questions.
62, 64, SL3 or SL4??

And how come the Sixty one gets no love?
DJMark 8:41 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:

serato.com
Joee 8:42 PM - 5 September, 2013
the 61 doesn't get serato dj support? that sucks
Joee 8:44 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

serato.com

61 get love---> serato.com
nik39 8:51 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
the 61 doesn't get serato dj support? that sucks

Of course it will.
dj_soo 9:25 PM - 5 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

please do.

I thought it was odd when they used the 1.1 in the begining... That should have been one of the first upgrades they did to the 57. I dont know why they never did.

if they had done that, a ton of butthurt dudes still using laptops with usb1.1 ports would be complaining.
DJ Remy USA 9:59 PM - 5 September, 2013
62 is going to be everyones best bet because as far as I can tell its the only backward and foward compatible mixer of the future unless they plan on letting the newer mixers work with older version of scratch live but I doubt it.
Laz219 11:13 PM - 5 September, 2013
Yeah, I can't imagine them bothering to update drivers for the new 900/64 into software on it's way out.

I've seen people losing their minds all over the place like "how dare Serato drop support for the SL-1"
So many people seem to be taking it like they are going to completely stop working. After such a long life cycle, where it's been getting a heap of new features added...I don't think quickly selling it for an SL-2 should be such a big deal.
If I still had an SL-1 it would've been on ebay the second I read the release to fund an SL-2/3.
Laz219 11:57 PM - 5 September, 2013
I'm also surprised I haven't seen anybody bring up the fact that when SSL users get migrated to this new software, for the first time (besides Serato Video) there will be options of 'pay to upgrade features' - specifically for new FX packages (but I guess the potential is there for other things down the road)
monchi 12:24 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
62 is a better mixer than the 64 to me for the following reason. i don't need slip or sync buttons. a centered fader section is logical on a mixer. and i don't have to switch between 3 functions with only 1 set of buttons

64 is only an option if you need 4 channels or dedicated sync/slip buttons.

Well since no Bridge upgrade, gonna have to pass on the 64. Was looking for a 4 channel mixer to have a dedicated channel for The Bridge. Oh well
Dj Knockout101 3:19 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

Not at all. (at least I ain't starting it) I just don't care for it. It can be there, because at the end of the day I have the option to use it, if I want. Which is the point majority of the people who isn't complaining been trying to get across.

I am also pissed about this bridge thing too. I enjoyed using the bridge.
Will08272 3:27 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Not at all. (at least I ain't starting it) I just don't care for it. It can be there, because at the end of the day I have the option to use it, if I want. Which is the point majority of the people who isn't complaining been trying to get across.

I am also pissed about this bridge thing too. I enjoyed using the bridge.

Not only can you not use, but it can be turned off, and not appear on the screen at all. Just the mere sight of the word Sync can ring off all kinds of emotional bells and the fine people at serato have given use that fine visual choice.
WarpNote 5:27 AM - 6 September, 2013
Personally I'm now torn between the 62/64 (sold my 68 a few weeks back).
And I'm still considering getting a full pio setup for rentals. (cdjs+djm and possibly the rmx)

So at least for me, the big question would be: Would the DJM900SRT have core audio drivers making it useful for Ableton and Traktor users? (like I could with the 68...)
DJ Jonasty 5:37 AM - 6 September, 2013
I'm excited about the new Serato news. Although I'm concerned with the lack of CDJ HID implementation. I use a Rane 62 with CDJ 2000's, but from what I understand I'll have to use timecode until December 2014? Wow.

I'm even more surprised that Pioneer would put out a new DJM 900 to user with Serato but their CDJ's will have to use timecode. Might as well use turntables, if you can find any.

Can anybody shed light on this?
WarpNote 5:45 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

December ain't that far away, just use your 62 and 2000's with SSL until the wait is over.
And if HID makes it to 1.5, just consider it a bonus.
DJ Jonasty 5:46 AM - 6 September, 2013
December 2013 for the software. December 2014 for HID implementation. That's 15-16 months away, pretty far.
WarpNote 6:06 AM - 6 September, 2013
Im reading feb 2014 for hid?
I dont imagine winter 2014 would mean dec 2014?
serato.com
Code:E 6:14 AM - 6 September, 2013
I read only the cdj 2000 nexus will get hid in Serato DJ. Has anyone heard them say otherwise?
the_black_one 6:19 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
I read only the cdj 2000 nexus will get hid in Serato DJ. Has anyone heard them say otherwise?

The CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-2000, Novation Dicers and Denon DN-HC1000S will be supported in a gradual roll out during Winter 2014. There are no plans at this stage to support other devices.
the_black_one 6:19 AM - 6 September, 2013
NM NH
DJWORX 6:51 AM - 6 September, 2013
The growing confusion in this thread tells me that Serato needs to stop quoting seasons. If we're not fixed to months, let's talk quarters i.e. Q1 2014.
dj_soo 6:59 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
I'm excited about the new Serato news. Although I'm concerned with the lack of CDJ HID implementation. I use a Rane 62 with CDJ 2000's, but from what I understand I'll have to use timecode until December 2014? Wow.

I'm even more surprised that Pioneer would put out a new DJM 900 to user with Serato but their CDJ's will have to use timecode. Might as well use turntables, if you can find any.

or you could just use scratchlive till 2014
DJ Matty Stiles 7:03 AM - 6 September, 2013
Winter New Zealand time or winter USA time?

lol they're at opposite ends!
nik39 8:16 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
The growing confusion in this thread tells me that Serato needs to stop quoting seasons. If we're not fixed to months, let's talk quarters i.e. Q1 2014.

+1
Code:E 9:31 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

The CDJ-2000nexus, CDJ-2000, Novation Dicers and Denon DN-HC1000S will be supported in a gradual roll out during Winter 2014. There are no plans at this stage to support other devices.

Sorry I need every quote to be cited in APA. (or just a link to where you read that)
DJ Jonasty 10:49 AM - 6 September, 2013
Screw it. I'm going back to rekordbox. All this techno giving me headache.
Dj Knockout101 11:18 AM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Not only can you not use, but it can be turned off, and not appear on the screen at all.

If that's the case I am a happy camper. I don't want to see the word sync on my screen at all. LOL I just kind find a concrete answer. But of course it's Serato. They don't really put out concrete answers until they are ready to launch the product.
djvtyme85 11:29 AM - 6 September, 2013
Y'all could keep the 57 as a stand alone and just buy a sl2
Chrisjin 12:46 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Y'all could keep the 57 as a stand alone and just buy a sl2

Thats what Im saying
DJBlisk 3:49 PM - 6 September, 2013
Hmmm.. how much is a used 62 going for these days?
Chrisjin 4:02 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

The lowest I have seen was $15xx and highest was around $18xx
DJBlisk 4:04 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!
Chrisjin 4:06 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!

Z-Trip edition
www.ebay.com
lvmez 4:14 PM - 6 September, 2013
You can get a new one for $1600
Joee 4:55 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:

yes you can, not everyone has these hookups, i just sold one for the same thing i payed for it & he felt he was getting a great deal
monchi 5:34 PM - 6 September, 2013
^^^ so you have one left ;)
Joee 5:35 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
^^^ so you have one left ;)

no i have a few more left
Dj Knockout101 9:05 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

yes you can, not everyone has these hookups, i just sold one for the same thing i payed for it & he felt he was getting a great deal

I got mines cheaper. I get a mean ass hook up then.
Will08272 10:20 PM - 6 September, 2013
I hate the fact that i have the money to buy a 62 but im so crazy about having no debt and bills i turn the other way. The temptation is strong.
the_black_one 10:47 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
I hate the fact that i have the money to buy a 62 but im so crazy about having no debt and bills i turn the other way. The temptation is strong.

revolving credit is great for your credit score!!!! BOOOOOOM i just gave the little push you needed

NM NH
Will08272 11:01 PM - 6 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

revolving credit is great for your credit score!!!! BOOOOOOM i just gave the little push you needed

NM NH

I use that reason every single time to try to convince myself to buy something, cant bite though. Now if i can unload my z2 then everything changes.
the_black_one 11:11 PM - 6 September, 2013
buy great quality once, pay and cry only once.... now your stuck with what some people around here would say " SUB PAR" product. Buying the 57 when it drop was one of the best investments i have made .... a piece of equipment that is relevant for 10 years is a great purchase

NM NH
Will08272 12:17 AM - 7 September, 2013
Oh yeah thats a definate, also part of lifes lessons, only way you long. Young ignorance messes things up but gotta learn one way.
Laz219 3:26 AM - 7 September, 2013
Keep a 57, keep the most stable of SSL installed.
If SDJ crashes with an interface, switch to SSL with the built in soundcard.
dreamkast 7:39 AM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:
I don't mind shelling out for a new soundcard/mixer, been using SL1 for yearrrrs.

Few questions.

Sorry for mentioning the evil T word but are you able to have 2 FX units assigned to the same channel at the same time,like you can in Traktor. I like to have an Echo on 1 unit and a Filter setup on the other unit, all assigned to the same deck (mainly when I'm using 1 turntable)

Seen the sample bank can sync now, will you be able to chuck long segments into the sampler like acapellas etc? Just I'd love to be able to drop in time acapellas, backbeats over my other 2 channels like you can in the bridge and Traktor.

Can someone at Serato get back to me on this?
DjDarkStyles 8:41 AM - 7 September, 2013
The Pioneer DDJ-SP1 will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $499.

Im getting the pioneer set up with both units will be almost 3k
Discobee 4:55 PM - 7 September, 2013
^^a couple of online retailers have it for $399 with discounts of like $50 if you pre-order. Agipro, ProAudioStar
dj-dave-d 7:14 PM - 7 September, 2013
no hid support until dec 2014 is taking the pi55! not happy at all!!
Code:E 7:45 PM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:
no hid support until dec 2014 is taking the pi55! not happy at all!!
it is very upsetting!
dj_soo 10:35 PM - 7 September, 2013
why not use scratchlive until then?
Code:E 10:47 PM - 7 September, 2013
Quote:

I will be buying the new DJM900srt right away, Sure I could stilll keep using my SL4, But I really want the new features Serato DJs has. Mainly the beat slicer.
KentonD1 3:02 AM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:

*sigh*

I'm with you on that! 2 usb ports in the SL4 was a brilliant idea for ease of change over.
dj-dave-d 10:33 AM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

I will be buying the new DJM900srt right away, Sure I could stilll keep using my SL4, But I really want the new features Serato DJs has. Mainly the beat slicer.

this ^ i want the new features and an sp1 to utilise them, just really dont want to use timecode as it sucks! (vinyl aside)

still not decided whether to sell my djm 2000 for the srt as 1 usb port is a deal breaker for me .....
Dj Nyce 2:56 PM - 8 September, 2013
why would anyone get the pio mixer over the 64? a nexus 900 plus sl2 is a better value proposition if you're hell bent on pioneer.

to me a mixer with a dedicated dvs soundcard had better be able to control functions of the dvs software. otherwise whats the point.
eugguy 3:01 PM - 8 September, 2013
Not that I'm going to buy either of these mixers, but if I was....64>900srt anyday.
I just purchased a SL4 for my xone92.
djvtyme85 4:03 PM - 8 September, 2013
Now that they are giving pioneer dedicated sound cards I'm sure a two channel similar to the djm t1 is in the works....I'm patiently waiting
the_black_one 4:43 PM - 8 September, 2013
Code e is a pioneer whore... He makes love to them when no one is watching. Before I even consider any new hardware I have to try it out, listen to it, get the over feel of it and work flow.... But yeah... No dual USB in the pioneer is wack.

NM NH
nik39 7:15 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
why would anyone get the pio mixer over the 64? a nexus 900 plus sl2 is a better value proposition if you're hell bent on pioneer.to me a mixer with a dedicated dvs soundcard had better be able to control functions of the dvs software. otherwise whats the point.

Disagree on the sl2 combo. Can't properly record your set. No possible mixtape recording. SP6 lack.

Is the crossfader centered on the 900?
WarpNote 7:37 PM - 8 September, 2013
Actually I think you might be wrong about that one nik. -> Watchwww.youtube.com
Although internal recording would be easier to set up inside SDJ, you should be able to digitally record using usb with built-in sound card on the nexus. That said, I haven't tried this myself, and would introduce one analog/digital conversion in the process..

Also with the SL box you would have access to the bridge, just sayin'...
I am for one, still undecided on what to get.
Having SDJ crash on my sat gig was a curb to my enthusiasm... -> serato.com
Dj Nyce 7:57 PM - 8 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:
why would anyone get the pio mixer over the 64? a nexus 900 plus sl2 is a better value proposition if you're hell bent on pioneer.to me a mixer with a dedicated dvs soundcard had better be able to control functions of the dvs software. otherwise whats the point.

Disagree on the sl2 combo. Can't properly record your set. No possible mixtape recording. SP6 lack.

Is the crossfader centered on the 900?

yeah, thats true. i just have never been a fan of that recording option.

i rarely use it. i'd rather wire up an rca to 1/8" and use audacity than use the record capability inside sdj/ssl.

with regard to the pio mixer, no the fader is not centered. its slightly off center because of the master section. i looked at the layout of the 64 and i can't come up with a solution that centers the mixer without making the mixer longer. i guess rane did the best they could do.
Ricardo S. 11:49 AM - 24 September, 2013
I got an DJM900NXS with an innofader pro and SL2.
Heard the SRT will get the crossfader of the T1 does anyone knows how this feels?
I think the 64 will be the best choice because of the load/crate controls and 5 magnetic faders.
Would there be a big difference in sound?
Haven't used an Rane mixer since my 56.
WarpNote 12:01 PM - 24 September, 2013
Quote:

If the comparison between the djm900nxs and Rane68 is anything to go by,
I´d say yes, there is quite a difference. The Rane sounds "warmer" IMO.
Code:E 12:51 AM - 27 September, 2013
Quote:
Heard the SRT will get the crossfader of the T1 does anyone knows how this feels?

Where did you hear that? I doubt it is true.

Quote:

between the 2. unless you are on a top of line PA with the best amps and processing for it. using top end cabling with high quality files. And unless you're playing on a system like that every single night. dont be concerned with the sound quality of the 2 mixers. Both will be fine.

Quote:
If the comparison between the djm900nxs and Rane68 is anything to go by,
I´d say yes, there is quite a difference. The Rane sounds "warmer" IMO.

We dont know for sure if that will be true. I would bet the 64's card is better than the 68's. And its anyones guess what card pioneer is using in the new 900.

Now someone could infer based on the sounds of previous products from both companies on how they might sound.

Warpnotes comment on the mixer sounding warmer is for sure a valid point. I would agree completely. But I would say the clubs PA, Processing and Tuning, can make up for any shortcomings, that either of these mixers would have.
the_black_one 1:40 AM - 27 September, 2013
code .... come on man..... I have never heard a pioneer mixer sound better than a rane. What makes you believe this one is going to be different. The simple fact that pioneer is not telling you what card is in there is a red flag. From the test i been doing with the recent pio mixers, they are sound worst and worst(HARSH)..... so sound quality should be a top priority for pio but its not. Rane in the other hand has it as TOP priority..... you dint need a mega sound system to tell a mixer sound bad..... just good ears

NM NH
WarpNote 2:23 AM - 27 September, 2013
Quote:
Warpnotes comment on the mixer sounding warmer is for sure a valid point. I would agree completely. But I would say the clubs PA, Processing and Tuning, can make up for any shortcomings, that either of these mixers would have.
Yep, I guess a sound guy could work the PA. Doesn't really make op for the difference in most cases though. In my experience the Rane always sounds better, both on relatively large rigs, on Funktion One and "lower specced" JBL systems too. That's my experience at least. Adding to that, I really like both brands, and probably play more out on the djm900nxs these days than anything else.

Quote:
From the test i been doing with the recent pio mixers, they are sound worst and worst(HARSH).....
This is my experience as well, and it shows on most systems, not only the really high end ones.
the_black_one 2:46 AM - 27 September, 2013
i don't want to bash on pio or the loyal pio fans but for someone to buy the new mixer blindly with out hearing it first is just no very smart IMHO

NM NH
Ricardo S. 10:30 AM - 27 September, 2013
Quote:
Quote:

Where did you hear that? I doubt it is true.

The pictures on www.pioneerdj.com looks exactly the same.

Quote:
i don't want to bash on pio or the loyal pio fans but for someone to buy the new mixer blindly with out hearing it first is just no very smart IMHO

NM NH

I got the Nexus already so i know i'm gonna like it.
Because of serato and magnetic faders.
But the question is if it will be nicer than the 64.
Prices in the Netherlands are: 2199 PIO, 2599 Rane
lvmez 6:03 PM - 27 September, 2013
Just spoke to my connect and mixers should be in soon. There will be some good deals out there.
Ricardo S. 7:33 AM - 28 September, 2013
In Europe prices are different.
PIO is cheaper, Rane more expensive.
Asu 1:31 PM - 5 February, 2014
well 1.6 is out,you all officially have support