Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Cyclic Redundancy Check Error when installing drivers... plz help!

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Kapt Nemo 5:32 PM - 23 November, 2008
Ok so I recently converted my laptop to a dual boot machine Linux and Tiny XP. I've been using Tiny XP for 2 years at least and have never had problems getting the drivers for my 57SL to install, I recently went to set everything back up and am now getting a Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check Error) when trying to install my 57SL drivers, Any thoughts/help would be great. Thanks

Nemo
Danny Young 5:46 PM - 23 November, 2008
Check this link out for more info - www.softwarepatch.com

Where are you loading drivers from, if a CD or DVD is it damaged? It sounds like the source of your driver is where the problem is...
Kapt Nemo 5:56 PM - 23 November, 2008
Well I'm tearing my house apart looking for the cd, but I usually use the drivers I dl off of here with Serato... but apparently they're incomplete or corrupt...=\
Danny Young 6:02 PM - 23 November, 2008
that would be what is causing the errors, if the drivers are corrupt. All I can suggest is google for the drivers or find the CD, if the ones from the site are failing - but I am sure they shoudn't be, perhaps try downloading them again?
Kapt Nemo 6:12 PM - 23 November, 2008
yeah I'm going to try dl'ing them again and seeing if that works... this has been driving me nuts for a couple of days now
Danny Young 6:21 PM - 23 November, 2008
Good luck!
Kapt Nemo 7:40 PM - 23 November, 2008
ok well I've downloaded program files back to 1.7.4 and none of the drivers work... every single time it comes up with the same error... looks like I'm going to be reinstalling xp again... wish we could get some linux support.. =P

Nemo
Konix 11:55 PM - 23 November, 2008
Did you try using the "driver_updater" program located in the Serato folder (C:\Program Files\Serato). Run that program with your 57 connected and it will install the drivers automatically for you.
Kapt Nemo 12:23 AM - 24 November, 2008
I tried that as well, and it doesn't even recognize that the mixer is even connected to the pc... changed usb wires and all that as well.. still no go...
Kapt Nemo 7:28 PM - 24 November, 2008
Ok so I reformatted my laptop and all of the sudden everything works...
Rane, Support
RafaelM 7:35 PM - 24 November, 2008
Wierd. Glad you got it worked out tho.
Kapt Nemo 7:52 PM - 24 November, 2008
me2... well back to making some noise

eZ
Nemo